Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900550 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
These aren't on the grill yet but hoping to put one on the Daniel Boone pellet grill tomorrow.  4 lb chunks of those beef ribs I bought.  Repacked them today. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey I see ya got me 2!!!  thanks!!!  lookin good!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ruby's 10th Birthday today. Time has flown since I picked up the little fur ball back in 2010. Since she loves steak fat so I picked out a couple strips at Morgan's the other day. Tossed some taters in the oven and had some Mrs. Gerry's coleslaw to go with it. She was extremely focused for the entire meal. Ya never know when I might drop something! Had to tell Mrs. Cheviot to go lay by her dish... :huh:

« Last Edit: April 04/05/20, 08:25:57 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I boiled spuds yesterday so am making potato salad today and gonna put one of those beef ribs on the pellet stove.  Will do them at 275 per a video I saw on youtube on it.  Should take 5-7 hours.  Just gonna do the Texas spices on it.  Kosher salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Mayhaps a little olive oil first to hold the spices on better.  Will do a spritz of red wine vinegar mixed with something sweet on them a few times too.  Really looking forward to it so hope they turn out great!  Will keep you posted. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I boiled spuds yesterday so am making potato salad today and gonna put one of those beef ribs on the pellet stove.  Will do them at 275 per a video I saw on youtube on it.  Should take 5-7 hours.  Just gonna do the Texas spices on it.  Kosher salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Mayhaps a little olive oil first to hold the spices on better.  Will do a spritz of red wine vinegar mixed with something sweet on them a few times too.  Really looking forward to it so hope they turn out great!  Will keep you posted.
5-7 hours...…….I could be there by then!!!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are very welcome Glenn.  We have a spare bedroom too.   :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

he can be a bad boy so send him to his bedroom with no supper!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  sorry Glenn I had to say it!!!  mornin buddy!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

he can be a bad boy so send him to his bedroom with no supper!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  sorry Glenn I had to say it!!!  mornin buddy!!!
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty:  :rotflmao: morning bud!!!!!!!

tthanks for the invite, but i'll do my best to practice the social distancing. :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya forgot about that.   :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Tonite's episode: Pig steaks w/pear wood, seasoned with smokehouse maple, slathered with sweet chili sauce & a little leftover BBQ sauce. Mrs. Gerry's mac salad & Birdseye mixed veggies. Mrs. Cheviot not hungry so more for me! Also meant less time spent evading pursuit... :happy1:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: and there's that priceless steak knife. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Looking good bud!!!👍👍

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The beef ribs turned out pretty darn good.  The pellet grill was cooking about 20 degrees too hot so had to adjust and they got just a little over done but still darn good.  Will know better next time. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sure looks darn good LPS!!!   :happy1:

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I grilled some king salmon and lake trout yesterday.  I forgot to take a picture but you can trust me when I say it looked great and tasted even better.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I think I'm gonna do Turkey Two Ways today.   It's a turkey breast I bought last fall/winter.   I'll bone it out and put half in the sous vide with "turkey to go" recipe, and other half on the weber indirect.   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Looking good bud!!!👍👍

Yer just buttering me up because you want a set of those little mini-ginsu marvels! Little known fact: they are balanced for throwing. Who knew?  :confused:  Not sure what the PO would think of me sending deadly weapons thru the mail.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Looking good bud!!!👍👍

Yer just buttering me up because you want a set of those little mini-ginsu marvels! Little known fact: they are balanced for throwing. Who knew?  :confused:  Not sure what the PO would think of me sending deadly weapons thru the mail.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea save the postage...….and jail time...….I got enough knives from what my wife says!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, best ribs there are LPS.  Glad they turned out good for you.  Going to buy a couple of whole short rib plates and cut them in half, vac pac them for the freezer before I quit the job soon.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what I have don't I RH?  Whole plates. Or 4 bone rib plates.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great lps, I haven't tried them in years.  :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Lamb chops in a photo smuggled from the ranch. Mrs. Cheviot was watching me like a hawk & wouldn't let me take any pics of my food! I knew she'd never go outside and freeze her tush off so was able to snap this one off quick. Pear wood in the smoker boxes and seasoned with Cavenders. Had baked fries, sunflower salad and fresh fruit to go along with the lamb. Still waiting for Mrs. Cheviot to get done putting together puzzles so I can have some strawberry pie. Place is getting like a care center...  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 04/12/20, 10:20:40 PM by Dotch »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That pie looks great.  My brother had that too.  Now I want some.

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
If you can find the cowboy brand onion and garlic infused hardwood charcoal grab a bag. The flavor from the onion and garlic plus the smoke from the briquettes was pretty intense. My GF and mother really don’t care for smoked food and they even said the burgers and brats were The best they ever had using the new charcoal.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I bought a pork loin and cut it into thirds and froze them.  I took one out so now have to decide how to cook it.  That charcoal sounds good Coffee.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Fresh brats from Morgan's tonite, seared then smoked up indirect with pear wood. Add some sunflower seed salad, tater salad from Mrs. Gerry's and those radishes I planted a week ago.  :shocked: Rocked Mrs. Cheviot back on her heels so I didn't need to plan an escape route. Could drink my multi-faceted therapeutic cocktail in peace.  :cool:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That pork loin I took out is on hold until tomorrow or Tuesday and then I will cook it probably with RH gravy.  Today I have the urge to do some ribs in the smomer.  I am looking forward to that.  Don't have any spuds so will have some type of frozen veggies with the ribs.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey LPS if you ever see a raspberry chipotle sauce try that on the pork loin!!  I let blend together for a few hours and then wrap in tin foil with more sauce and grill till done...  very flavorful!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just a quick question for any smomers or grillers out there, has anybody ever used hackberry to smoke with or add additional smoke to yer meats? Have some that's in the 1" - 1 1/2" diameter range that I was thinking of trying just to see what it does.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a quick question for any smomers or grillers out there, has anybody ever used hackberry to smoke with or add additional smoke to yer meats? Have some that's in the 1" - 1 1/2" diameter range that I was thinking of trying just to see what it does.

no and have not heard of it used either, sorry... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Checked into it & looks like it's decent. Will be experimenting with it to see how it works. Sounds like best used fresh like this stuff is.  :happy1: