Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 896001 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like you knocked it outta the park Barry! Can almost taste it.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We had pork sausage burgers with morels and asparagus tonight. Made me feel like a millionaire

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I love pork burgers.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Thawed out chicken breasts from Morgan's yesterday, one was sweet and spicy mango & the other mandarin teriyaki. Had some hackberry ready to go so put it in the smoker boxes & grilled the breasts indirect. Just like a lot of womens, one was significantly bigger than the other so it took some diligence with the thermometer to avoid overcooking. Also numerous preventative COVID-19 beverages. Turned out very juicy. The spicy mango was just that. HabaƱero was in the list of ingredients so it got your attention. Sides were Mrs. Gerry's slaw sprinkled w/paprika, a few sour cream & onion cheeps, and glenn's favorite. Mind you this wasn't done until ~10 p.m. last nite following chores, a trip to check on the sheep at the neighbors, lawn mowing & Mrs. Cheviot returning from delivering a planter to the cemetery. Once again my timing was good and I could watch Gunsmoke without being pawed. :cool:   
« Last Edit: May 05/24/20, 01:15:12 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am not going to say the brand but we got some potato salad last week and neither of us liked it as much as Mrs. Jerry's.  I wanted to tell you that.  We like eggs in ours.  This kind didn't have them in it.  Tell her that when you see her next that we like hers best.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I like Mrs. Gerry's several varieties of potato salad too. The deviled egg kind is my favorite. My wife sees her in Albert's Leaf once in a while so I'll tell her to mention yer a fan. I stocked up & got a big container of Mrs. Gerry's macaroni salad to go along with the cole slaw. Doesn't last long here & it's gone. Planning on doing weenies from Morgan's tonite if it doesn't rain us out, again. Another .27" this morning after I dumped the gauge. Wind is SE & it's really humid so feels like it's gonna do it again. I would gladly send it your way. I'll need a haybine to cut this lawn pretty quick.  :embarrassed: 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
we did old fashioned weiners on the grill last night and had some the store bought deviled egg tater salad too!!  and a mac salad too!!!  but Mrs. Gerrys is darn good too...  and like LPS I only buy the deviled egg one for the most part.... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I do like her macaroni salad too! 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Chicken and beef kaboobs marinated in dales seasoning, paired with bacon wrapped asparagus n bushes beans.. best hurry!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like I know where I'm going for my cruise in the Stude. Fantastic looking and bet it smells even better. I promise I won't tell Mrs. Boober the front bench seat folds flat or she'll molest you for sure!  :shocked:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Chicken and beef kaboobs marinated in dales seasoning, paired with bacon wrapped asparagus n bushes beans.. best hurry!!
damn I know who's cooking at the next GTG!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rolleyes:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

looks flippen awesome!!!  but where is the rest of the bacon!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Not me, I'll let boar cook and deal with the women.. :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not me, I'll let boar cook and deal with the women.. :rotflmao:
well he should have enough meat since he aint paid out his football playoff winnings yet!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Very true, he probably needs to drive a smidge faster on the roads...

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Last of our own lamborger for this year altho we have additional supply I am told. A few Birdseye peas, a little Mrs. Gerry's mac salad, some Lays BBQ cheeps & burgers with Weber garlic & herb. Pretty basic almost like Mrs. Cheviot's carnal urges. I was having no part of that. I hopped in the sack, tuned in Gunsmoke and within minutes was playing dead. I even snore kinda like Festus!  :happy1:

« Last Edit: June 06/01/20, 10:20:19 AM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
She is so lucky to have you!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Been busy lately so haven't made it to the meat market. Luckily Mrs. Cheviot made a run to Cashwise in Owatonna yesterday. She picked up some coleslaw & a pork loin so that was easy peasy, cooked indirect on the Weber. I suspected an ulterior motive however so I buried myself in the article I was writing and had a few brewski's. Once again when she finished eating it was lights out. Had my strawberries & ice cream in peace.  :happy1:

BTW glenn, those are white radishes from our garden. It can be done, trust me on this one... :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks good!!  almost thought it was a pork tender loin when I first looked!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  I have two chunks of pork loin in the freezer yet.  I need to grill one of them and just bring it to 150 to be tender and juicy.  Did you do that Dotch?  I remember RH telling us that. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I too am old school running our pork higher in temps but working on bringing them down,  1 less beer should do it here!!  :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I too am old school running our pork higher in temps but working on bringing them down,  1 less beer should do it here!!  :rotflmao:
is Busch lite really considered a beer!! :mooning: :mooning:

I'm throwing a couple filet mignon on the grill tonight one of her kids gave us. :doofus: you the ef gives away a chunk of cow like that?? :confused: :scratch: and potatoes in a bag, another  :doofus: :pouty: but not my idea.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
fellers ya can cook pork to 145 and be very happy!!!  I'm 68 and was a federal meat inspector so I'm not leading along the wrong path.....  enjoy how ever ya cook it!!!!  just throwing in my 2 cents worth...

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Actually I messed up & it got closer to 170 due to all the evasive maneuvers I was performing.  :shocked: That's the beauty of grilling indirect tho. It was still juicy & tender.  :happy1: Forget about them going direct and you're apt to have a cinder to eat.  :doah: I've done pork less and less done as the years have gone by tho. Those thick center cuts grilled indirect usually have plenty of pink in them. When we were growing up everyone was scared to death of trichinosis so they cooked the ever living snot out of pork. With confinement buildings these days the problem is nearly nonexistent. That said, you really don't want to overcook today's modern chops. They are typically so lean if you overdo them, it really dries them out. Takes a lot of G&T's to wash them down!  :huh:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hasn't been a case of trichinosis from domestic pork in decades.   I just had some thick chops that I sous vide to 140 and they were great.   Seared quickly on very hot cast iron pan.  yum.   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds great!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Otta town style brats tonight fueled by ash n maple.  Good thing for me the kids are here Dotch, a sizzling brat will bring out the claws in most of the gals.. :surrender:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Take the boat out on the lake and.... :sleazy: