Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Annual Trout Run  (Read 1860 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We took our annual trout run up to the North shore. The delta's of the rivers is always my preferred spot to try and catch a Looper or Steelhead. This trip the waves were just beating the shoreline and making it hard to fish. There were a few fishermen in the rivers themselves, and 2 guys had 5 on a stringer that I could see (not sure if they had other guy's with them) So with the little success I had.... We went to Russ's (the local smoke shop) and caught our limit. Sometimes it's not all about the catching.....but the adventure! Tight lines my friends!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 04/30/16, 05:49:20 PM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice pic's!!!  I went up there 3 times this year.  Lost a big looper around 8 pounds two feet from shore.  had a few on as well but none landed this year.  My brother is still fishing for them around the Hoveland area and north from there now.  He said he has has good luck there.  Mostly steelhead up there but brought back 2 loopers last weekend.  Fished these streams since the late 60's.  Still love it there .  good luck.