Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4951571 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Hope all is well with your Mom Rebs. Remember to take care of yourself too in these tough times. Just another day in bearadise here. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, started the day with not much to do and ended the day about the same!!  in other words a darn good day!!! Yup Rebs take care of yourself too!!! 59 for a high today..  about the same as yesterday..  Glenn must be in the southern 1/3 of the state with rain going on!!  we got about 1/4 inch of the wet stuff yesterday..  have a good day all!!

I see they changed the for today to 66, heat wave!!!
« Last Edit: September 09/18/18, 08:34:17 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :rotflmao: Yeah & it's nice up here for a change.  ;) Had 52* early & the wind died down too,.Went out  :fishing: had some action :fish2: too. :happy1: It looks like I've got some  :fish2: cleaning on my list as we had a couple floaters in the box when we came in. Some leaf mulchin as well. Hope your Tuesday is better than your Monday, Reb. Hope the rest of ya enjoy your day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
61* and raining here. Woke to T-storms at 4:00 am. Looks like there's about at least 1" rain in the gauge from here. Rain all day. Guess I got that fertilizer down at just the right time; leaves are coming down today on yard. Had some hellacious big winds yday afternoon that about stripped my birch tree bare. Was trying to get the grill covered when it hit, and was just clouds of leaves and twigs hitting me. I'd guess they were about 55 mph winds. Lotsa crap blown away. Not much on agenda today except waiting for some phone calls.  Have a good day, guys.
« Last Edit: September 09/18/18, 09:01:20 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
At Embassy Suites in St Paul.  Watching Andrew Zimmer eating raccoons on tv.  lol  Woke up in the night with hail hitting the windows here.  I saw yesterday that storms were south of here heading for Rebville.  Man you must be floating down there Rebs.  So sorry to hear about your losses.  Man (bad pun here) but when it rains sometimes it pours.  Take care of you Reb.  That is #1.  Don't forget that. 
     Well I am bored already.  Supposed to rain more here today and tomorrow and Thursday I think too.  BUT that's not the bad news.  The bad news is that the wet bar sink in our nice 2 room suite is plugged.  My new buddy Darrell from maintenance tried to unplug it but it is still plugged.  Ran all over the floor too.  I asked for another room so they are trying to get me one.  It is the water from the room above us that overflows our sink so the plug is below us.  Otherwise it is a nice place to stay.  Free breakfast including omelettes.  2 free drinks per person each night.   I used to know my way around the cities very good but that was 20 years ago.  I don't miss it one bit. 
Gotta go they just got me a new room.  I will check in later... 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
You might check out the brand new Bell Museum of Natural History on the St Paul Campus of the U.   On Cleveland, just south of larpenteur.   

Or there is a Cabelas in Woodbury, off 94 just east of 494/694 at radio drive exit.     

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think a tour of the Summit Beer Brewery might be right up his alley, too.  :azn:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Why don't you guys come and give me the tour.  lol  Was at Bell Museum 25 years ago.  It was old then but I thought cool as heck.  Of course Cabelas is right in my comfort zone and have been there a few times.  Wish it was closer.  May go for a walk south of here, looks like small stores.  Man this room is much nicer.  Same setup but cleaner in general.  That makes me feel better too.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
This is the NEW, improved, TOTALLY NEW Bell Museum.   

Which embassy suites are you in?   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I think a tour of the Summit Beer Brewery might be right up his alley, too.  :azn:
pay particular close attention to those DCI made union tanks. :happy1: :happy1: I couldn't built them!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 44* to start the day hear. Not much new here, just another day in bearadise. Have a good one.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 55 here going for 60.. maybe some rain too..got a few things done yesterday, just plod along today I think.. go to town and pick up a few things and go from there..  have a good day all!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Same old thing here. Over and over. 62*and still raining. 1.5" yday.  FLOOD WATCH out. Dire warnings. 4-5" more inches rain predicted next two days. I don't even care anymore. Hope it washes this dump off the map. That's all it's good for anyway is continual rain & humidity. If god were gonna give Minnysoda a kaepernoscopy, he'd stick it in here. Rest of ya have a good day. Catch some fish. Enjoy the sites. Smome some meat. Arbitrate some disputes. Eat some Cheerios. Just have fun.  :coffee:

...Flash Flooding Tonight and Thursday Morning...

.Another round of heavy rain is expected from tonight into
Thursday morning. The greatest threat will be somewhere near the
Interstate 90 corridor where 3 to 5 inches with locally higher
amounts will be possible.

High rainfall rates are also expected, which could lead to urban
flooding. Area rivers will also be on the rise and flash flooding
is certainly possible. In addition, there could be mud and rock
slides in the steeper terrain areas.

The time to prepare is now. Do not wait until heavy rain or
flooding is occurring.
« Last Edit: September 09/19/18, 08:30:24 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :pouty: :pouty: quit being such a debbie downer!!!!!!!!! :confused: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: morning Reb!!!!!!
i'm a year wiser today........and dont feel a day over 75!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

yepper.......sounds like dere's a bunch of rain in the forecast  :pouty: :pouty: oh well could be snow!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:moon:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Downtown St. Paul Del.  By Childrens and Regions Hospitals.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning Glenn!  ;D  A year wiser.....hmmm....Budweiser? Could it be...yer Bday? If it is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

:party3: :dancinred: :toast:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Birthday blue one!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Downtown St. Paul Del.  By Childrens and Regions Hospitals.

Walk a few blocks and pop into the Kowalski's, pick yerself up some high-priced St. Paul steaks.....you can probably get a few for $16 a lb or so... :rolleyes: My cousins wife used to work there...

https://www.kowalskis.com/location/grand-avenue-market-wine-shop

Or, they can bring it to ya, pick what ya want! Check those prices!  :shocked:

https://onthego.kowalskis.com/#/category/meat_seafood
« Last Edit: September 09/19/18, 08:43:26 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning guys.  Hi Sunshine how is Rochester today?  lol  No Cheerios for me.  Scrambled eggs sausage links cantaloupe and honey dew chunks.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:  They do have good food here.  I had the best Pasta Alfredo with shrimp last night.  Gonna have corned beef and cabbage tonight I think.  Most of the meals are $15-$20.  I am thinking they are catering to peoples stipends from their employers since that is probably most of who stays here.  Each night they have a 2 hour cocktail get together in the Atrium.  FREE!!  Then also give you 2 free drinks in the restaurant.  And each morning breakfast is free too.  2 room suite, 2 flat screen TV's, wet bar etc.  Very nice.  I did walk across the street to Jimmy Johns for lunch yesterday.  In other words I am getting fat as heck here.  I need to split some wood and work it off.  And yes Rebs I do feel for you.  They just said on the weather how many rains are coming in the next few days.  I am sure glad I have you guys to talk to whilst here.  Thanks

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning Glenn!  ;D  A year wiser.....hmmm....Budweiser? Could it be...yer Bday? If it is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

yepper. da world was graced wit my presence 61 years ago today!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :rocker; :rocker;

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
YES HAPPY BIRTHDAY GLENN.....     :moose105: :doofus:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Birthday Glenn!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks gentlemen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow: :bow: much appreciated!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

yepper. da world was graced encumbered wit my presence 61 years ago today!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :rocker; :rocker;

There, I fixed it for ya!  :rotflmao:  Who loves ya, baby?!  :bonk:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

yepper. da world was graced encumbered wit my presence 61 years ago today!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :rocker; :rocker;

There, I fixed it for ya!  :rotflmao:  Who loves ya, baby?!  :bonk:
:bonk: :bonk: :mad1: :bs: :doah: :pouty: :pouty: :tut: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Birthday Glenn!!!! :happybday: :happybounce: :cheerleader:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wonder if he's gonna get a cake and play pin the tail on the Glenn donkey?  :confused:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
    Happy Birthday ma Brotha Glenn! :party3:

I can still remember when ya first arrived on da planet earth! How many years did it take before ya began to take human form?  :scratch:

Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning guys.  Hi Sunshine how is Rochester today?  lol  No Cheerios for me.  Scrambled eggs sausage links cantaloupe and honey dew chunks.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:  They do have good food here.  I had the best Pasta Alfredo with shrimp last night.  Gonna have corned beef and cabbage tonight I think.  Most of the meals are $15-$20.  I am thinking they are catering to peoples stipends from their employers since that is probably most of who stays here.  Each night they have a 2 hour cocktail get together in the Atrium.  FREE!!  Then also give you 2 free drinks in the restaurant.  And each morning breakfast is free too.  2 room suite, 2 flat screen TV's, wet bar etc.  Very nice.  I did walk across the street to Jimmy Johns for lunch yesterday.  In other words I am getting fat as heck here.  I need to split some wood and work it off.  And yes Rebs I do feel for you.  They just said on the weather how many rains are coming in the next few days.  I am sure glad I have you guys to talk to whilst here.  Thanks

If you sober up, the Cabelas is probably only like 10 minutes away.  Just go east on 94, maybe 5 or 6 miles.   

Likewise the bell museum, go west on 94 to mn280 north, get off at larpenteur and go east (to the right) to cleveland.   Turn right and you are there.