Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904676 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Not a word from Mark from DownUnderChester yet?

Nope, haven't seen him,....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think he told us he was going to do some stuff with his Mom's house.  Hope he doesn't overdo it!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

NL probably got him cuffed to the bedpost... As for the weather, cool and gray here again.   Hope we get some of that first nation summer since I have a bunch of stuff to do outside yet.   Saturday is forecast to be maybe ok.  cross my fingers, etc.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You guys worry and wonder too much. He's most likely busy like we all should be..  First nation summer ? Cant say I've heard of it that way... funny. I'm sure there'll be plenty o time fer yard chores yet.
« Last Edit: October 10/11/18, 07:13:16 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

NL probably got him cuffed to the bedpost... As for the weather, cool and gray here again.   Hope we get some of that first nation summer since I have a bunch of stuff to do outside yet.   Saturday is forecast to be maybe ok.  cross my fingers, etc.

Way too early for Indian Summer. Check the facts and proverbs. Best you could hope for is a Pogonip.  Breathe deep.

Indian summer is a period of warm weather following a cold spell or a hard frost. It can occur between St. Martin's Day (November 11) and November 20, although major Almanac's adheres to the proverb, “If All Saints' brings out winter, St. Martin's brings out Indian summer.”
« Last Edit: October 10/11/18, 07:46:33 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey I always wondered what the real parameters were for Native Summers..   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: yea that Reb he's a walking encyclopedia of worthless information!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: just kidding but, welcome back! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Ugh, me think that Indian Summer thing was pale face fantasy from some other place   Mid november in Lakota or Assiniboine or Ojibway territory more like winter than any kind of summer.

I guess we can wait and see.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: yea that Reb he's a walking encyclopedia of worthless information!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: just kidding but, welcome back! :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF. 24* and a little light snow this morning up here in the tundra. Suppose to get into the upper 30s today and be fairly nice, then rain tomorrow and maybe snow on Sunday. I going going to go out bowhunting after work today and hopefully a couple more times over the weekend. At least with the snow cover I may be able to see where they are moving. Other then that, just another day in paradise. Have a good one!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes the snow does let us see what is going on.  Cold today, 26 here.  I see it is 9 in Hallock.  I don't miss the drive over there.  Man they have some bad weather over there.  I had to drive semi over there regularly for a few years.  Blizzard area every day in the winter.  You just had to go and deal with it.  No more stress....   Think I will have another cup of java.

Darn it Rebs.  We could have been watching the storm on Lake Superior on our webcam sights.  I never gave it a thought till now.  I would love to go over there and see the Gales of November!
« Last Edit: October 10/12/18, 07:58:47 AM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morning all, Barry the web cam for Duluth was nuts!!!  the waves were huge!!!  still cold here too..  bring on some sun and warm weather!!  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning, feel like crap!!!!!!!!!!!! :doah: :doah: :confused:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Yes the snow does let us see what is going on.  Cold today, 26 here.  I see it is 9 in Hallock.  I don't miss the drive over there.  Man they have some bad weather over there.  I had to drive semi over there regularly for a few years.  Blizzard area every day in the winter.  You just had to go and deal with it.  No more stress....   Think I will have another cup of java.

Darn it Rebs.  We could have been watching the storm on Lake Superior on our webcam sights.  I never gave it a thought till now.  I would love to go over there and see the Gales of November!

I was. Fantastic. I thought surely that you would be too. These will have to do.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/duluth-clears-up-damage-after-huge-waves-slammed-its-coastline

http://duluthnewstribune.com/video/2sk7txuL
« Last Edit: October 10/12/18, 09:32:36 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 26 at choretime heading for a balmy 45. Some light flurries yesterday afternoon. Just remember glenn, you are what you eat.  :embarrassed: Ah, so that's what was on the link you sent me Reb! I thought it was something naughty so I didn't open it... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
A full quarter inch of ice in the bucket this morning. I've been trying to save my Pepper plants but, looking at the forecast, I think I'll give it up. I was hoping to save them until Indian Summer next month.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I watched those Rebs.  Thanks. Would have been fun to be there with high boots on. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Well not to take away form dotchs anversery but yesterday was my wife mine 23rd aniversery with my beautiful wife. so to mark our 23 yrs yesterday she packs up and leaves for superior wi and our daughter for the weekend. LOL!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well not to take away form dotchs anversery but yesterday was my wife mine 23rd aniversery with my beautiful wife. so to mark our 23 yrs yesterday she packs up and leaves for superior wi and our daughter for the weekend. LOL!
i knew she was a smart woman!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

seriously............ happy anniversary buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats Boar.  She still may be celebrating like a Rock Star!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats Boar and  to your bride too!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: October 10/12/18, 12:45:36 PM by mike89 »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Anniversary!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Congrats! I know you gotta have a bottle of Fireball stashed someplace boar but hopefully she left you the key to the liquor cabinet... :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/12/18, 12:58:20 PM by Dotch »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats to you and the misses Boar!!   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats Dotch and Boar, you guys set the bar high for all of us!!  :happy1:Keep the good grub comin and like Dotch says the ladies will always do the chasin!!  :surrender:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats Dotch and Boar, you guys set the bar high for all of us!!  :happy1:Keep the good grub comin and like Dotch says the ladies will always do the chasin!!  :surrender:

there truth in the chasing part!!!   got to love it!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 36* & wet here to start our day. Good to see our buddy from CAWchester showed back up as I beginnin to wonder :scratch: what was goin on too. We had a early appt in the big city(GR) yday so we were rollin early. Seen a few small trees down in the ditch on Hwy 46 but nothing that looked like it had been chainsawed. Kind of surprised there wasn't more reports of power outages with the winds & the wet snow earlier in the week. Did hear that there was some around Cohasset that lost power for a while though. Finished my mower project already this mornin so I'll probably put that back out in the big shed after bfast. Otherwise not a lot planned for the day, so I'll just have 1 of those mikey days & see what comes my way. Looks like there's some 40's & 50's in the forecast but not until almost mid-week. Hope ya have a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  was good to see the sun yesterday!!  a good day it was too...  cloudy today and only 45 for a high..  have a house warning gathering later today with a hog roast too!!  that will be fun!!  have a good day all!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  I am all showered up and ready to go but nowhere to go.....   The wife has coffee brewing so that will be great.  lol  34 here.  Still not taking the boat out till after next week. Gonna be in the 50's I'm hoping.  The production dept. (me) got a lot done yesterday.  Had to mill some lids for Auto Jiggers.  That is kind of fun once I get the jig set up.  Nice warm garage/shop with hunting shows on the flat screen makes it feel great. There is rain west of us moving in this direction.  Lots of snow still on the ground here.  Bob now sits on my lap when I am on the computer.  She actually gets a little pushy about it.  LOL  Kind of becoming her thing.
I think she needs a little catnip.  Man she really likes that stuff.  Well have a great weekend youse guys...

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 38 at choretime heading for a hi near 52. Supposed to see some sun today altho after seeing a peek or two yesterday, it must be rationed. More rain (40% chance) tonite followed by some possible flurries for tomorrow. May have to put the snow tires on the Stude at this rate! Pickup getting a water pump replaced this a.m. so may have to do some paperwork. Ish. Have a good one!