Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4946602 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I know there's now two of us ready!!!  :azn:
what's the hurry?? It ain't snowed yet?? :scratch: :scratch:

Most people like to have things ready and working before an event...that way they don't haveta post on here that my "widget broke and won't work, where can I get one?"  :whistling:  ;)

Would you sit in a tree-stand with no shells in yer gun because "the deer ain't here yet".. Wait, Boar said you probably would. :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: November 11/01/18, 08:41:57 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
piffle..............i took care of that when i put it away last spring. put fresh gas in fire it up.off we go!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good frosty morning,dudes! 31*, frosty, and clear, headin' for another in-the-50's day. Had a fair amount of street urchins last nite, prolly 25-30. Lotsa ones cuter than heck, and all were really polite with the "thank yous" and "Happy Halloween"....even the tiny tykes. There are some parents that still teach 'em right out there, I guess.
I had my Glenn-o-lantern lit and on the steps, and the lights in the house off with a couple candles going. One little guy cracked me up..."why is your house so spooky?"  :rotflmao: I shut 'er down a little after eight when the carloads of big kids started hitting, figured that was a thing of the past, guess not. Gonna putter today and try to ease up some of the aches and pains. Hope you guys got all yer stuff ready to go for the big deer day.....enjoy the day.  :coffee:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 11/01/18, 09:02:26 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Maybe I'm doing it backwards but when the season for (insert here, lawn mower, snow blower, boat or other gas powered equipment) is over, I just treat the gas and put it away.  When I bring it out the next season is when I go over the maintenance stuff.  Seems I am always more enthusiastic about that stuff when I anticipate using it soon.   :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a hi in the low 50's. Some weather coming in over the weekend but they can't seem to quit messing with the forecast so it comes when it comes. Harvest heading down the home stretch. Been almost 3 weeks without weather stopping us so everyone could use a break. Better get back at 'er!
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:popcorn:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all..  got the gutters done and the yard mowed to my liking..  yard word pretty well done I think..  at least the big stuff any way..  not much going on today so just go with it..  good luck deer hunters!!!!  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, up & at 'em a little early today. We had 26* when I looked & the rain that was west of us slid south. Put the finishing touches on the boat so that'll be going back out to the big shed early today. Not much else on the calendar for today, hope you enjoy your Friday. Have a good time this weekend all you going  :bambi: huntimg, stay safe, warm, & GOOD LUCK!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 42 at choretime on its way to the upper 40's. Weather's supposed to deteriorate the next several days so maybe sneak a nap or two in. Might need to restock the gin supply too while I'm at it. Wearing my Carhartts with the white hankie sticking out of the back pocket this weekend.   :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the ol farmer in the dell!!!    :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
He's farming with Del?!  :scratch:
« Last Edit: November 11/02/18, 10:50:54 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi all.  I am at Blues place and have my stand all cleaned out and of course my heater is ready to go.  I have a comfortable padded type swivel kitchen chair too.  I love the views from it.  I will read back what I have missed later or tomorrow.  I am not shooting the first buck as I have always done.  Get er done.  LOL  I am waiting for a "big" one.  Later boys and good luck tomorrow. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 42 at choretime on its way to the upper 40's. Weather's supposed to deteriorate the next several days so maybe sneak a nap or two in. Might need to restock the gin supply too while I'm at it. Wearing my Carhartts with the white hankie sticking out of the back pocket this weekend.   :happy1:
I've heard about that hankie code.  What's a white hankie and carhartts mean?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Del, I believe that's a  :queen: code.....maybe with Carharrts it's not..... must be a sheep thing......:huh:

https://hornet.com/stories/the-new-hanky-code-film-art-comedy-flagging/
« Last Edit: November 11/03/18, 12:55:54 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Just wondering.  I'm not up on all that sort of stuff....

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  good luck to all you that are hunting!!!!  got a few little things done yesterday so today is just another day..  looks like the rain/snow is now going more south of here..  thanks Glenn!!!  have a good day all!!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 26* for our start. Got the boat put to bed & made 1 last lap with the old Craftsman mower to clean up the leaves a bit more yday. It actually got pretty nice yday pm, think we made 40*, especially with havin our little blue buddy just 10 miles up the road. :happy1: It looks like our best chance for some moisture is tomorrow now. Good luck to all you hunting, be safe, stay warm, & have fun. Hopin ya all have a great day.

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin people's,  I chopped leaves twice last week, with having 4 maples coulda done it again, the old mtd has 2 sets of blades and chops em up pretty good, think I'll put the bagger on next time. Been chasing rowsters the last 3 weekends so it's kinda nice to have a weekend of doing whatever,  even though the mrs wants to do some painting tgat might just earn me a few more hunts.   :happy1: Well have good one boys, chat wit ya soon!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. 39* and cloudy, waitin' for rain. Takin' it easy today, musta picked up a bug somewhere, been hurtin' and achin' all over with a bad headache last three days.  :angry:
Good luck to you guys out there for the deer, and stay safe.    :deer:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
same with my wife, she stayed home from hunting
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 37 at choretime on its way to the lo 40's. Supposed to rain but all it's done so far is spit a little. Ground up most of the leaves last nite. Froze my @ss off. Soil sampled this a.m. Same result. Gotta get some feed, maybe make an Owatonna run to FF & Cashwise while I'm at it. Gotta tear into it as we say... :cool:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  made it even with daylight savings!!  they should just drop it I think..  another good day yesterday!!  heard a few hunters had good luck, that is great!!  got some light snow and then some light rain yesterday, today looks better but maybe rain tomorrow..  not much going on, have a good day all!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 31* at 1st glance. We had a :bambi: out our picture window goin down the bank yday shortly after bfast. Went out & tried to sneak up on 'em but they were to cagey, did see 'em movin off though, Think it was the 3 :bambi: that seem to be in between about 3 of the neighbors & our place often. 1 doe looks to be quite a bit bigger than the other 2. I didn't hear more than 2-3 shots early yday while I was out, so I'm not sure  :scratch: how good of luck they had around here. A couple little things on the list for today, there's a battery to come out of a mower yet & the blade can go on the wheeler about anytime too. Got some clothes in the dryer now so I better roll. Have a good 1

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning, men and small woodland creatures.  ;)  Raining and 35* in Swampville. Didn't make it as snow as the morjits predicted. No plans today, still layin' low and slowly getting over the crud or whatever it is. Don't hurt as much today. Got a tub of my wild rice soup thawing out, along with some ciabatta's for supper, that'll be about the high point of my day, other than watching the ViQueens. Have a good day all, and good luck to the Bambi slayers.   :deer:

« Last Edit: November 11/04/18, 08:15:19 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! Dropped to a low of 34 sometime overnite, on its way to the low 40's. Drizzling with a 15 mph N wind. .32" of rain at the ranch. Miserable weather. Started the furnace yesterday afternoon & slept thru the 1st half of the Gophers game.  Gotta make a run here shortly. Mrs. Cheviot will be gone for a couple weeks so need to stock up & work at getting  my stamina back. I figure a few weeks of running wind sprints from the couch to the refrigerator & back oughta do it. :whistling:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning comrades! 37* and still dark in the Swampy city. Rained all weekend. More today and tomorrow. Haircut day for me, then back to back tests and scans at my favorite (NOT) place, MAYO. Then some legal issues to deal with. Gotta get lunch in there somewhere. Then over to Mom's house to pay the clean-out guy (YAY! it's done!) and take a final forever walk-thru before it hits the market on Friday. A few items to pick up there and then go on some errands. That'll take me right up close to dinner time. Plan on having some of those Dotch-approved Ambassador weenies and some leftover veggies for a quick supper. Entire day already planned out to the minute, and it's only 6:15 am..  :doah:
Hope all you deer-slayers hit the mark this weekend. ...have a good Monday, all. 
« Last Edit: November 11/05/18, 06:50:33 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, another good weekend in the books!!  get it done Reb!!!  my beef roast turned out real good yesterday..  good eats!!  am not hearing much on the deer hunting front.. some success but lots..??  have a good day all!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 34* & it looks like we might've had a little rain sometime :scratch: last night. I heard some shooting around here again yday but not a lot. There was some good games yday as the Vikes looked good  :happy1: & the 2 late games were good games too. It sounds like we've got a major weather change comin tonight into tomorrow, maybe the rest of the week even. Got a few things on the list for today so I better go. Hope you have a good 1. Good luck with getting all your stuff done today, Reb.