Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4953113 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Got back from "Camp Near and Dear" yesterday.  Three deer are processed and divided to those who wanted venison.  Two more were dropped off at a processor near Hillman.  Other than the snow and cold (4 degrees Friday morning) it was a great 4 days.  We all saw lots of deer and could have taken quite a few.  We left a lot of seed deer for next year.  Great time at camp was had by all.  I woke up this morning and didn't miss camp.... I wonder how long that feeling will last.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 14* & that NW wind makes it feel like -2 . Looks like we get to see the sun again for a change, Cold Spring must've had another population increase. ;) ;D Got some laundry goin again & a couple little things for outside, see how that goes. :scratch: Not much else here, have a good un.
« Last Edit: November 11/12/18, 08:30:22 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yepper..back home and hard at work.   :mooning:

morning all. busy week this week. tuesday and thurs negotiations, wed trip to red wing and thurs meeting nite. will be home all nites so time to start getting ice fishing stuff ready. should finish up taking care of venision tonight!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  Too bad about the crud JB.  I have had it  too for Deer Camp.  Takes some of the fun out of it.  11 here now.  Had a dusting of snow last night.  Windy here.  Of course the river is wide open and the geese are here out of the wind I see.  Not much going on today.  Maybe just relax watch some TV and cook something. I like those War Documentaries since it is Vets time.  When I was at Luverne hunting I went to the Vets Home with my Dad for a pheasant feed.  Man was that good.  They must have marinated them.  They were so juicy.  He knew lots of people there and I even knew some.  We had to go home and take naps after that.  It was touching too.  I get kind of emotional about things like that.  I graduated in '72 so they had pretty much stopped the draft by then so I didn't get called in.  But of course lots of my older friends went in.  Well everyone have a great day and stay warm. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 17 at choretime heading for a high in the low 20's. Oh well, at least it's breezy with gust up to 25 mph! With the cold weather & frozen ground, fieldwork has largely come to a screeching halt. Frost depth has reached 4" in places making it tough on tillage equipment if you can get traction enough to pull it. Otherwise you just sit & spin. Another 5 degree low tonite and it may put the final nail in the coffin. For farmers with manure yet to knife in, this may be a real problem. MPCA frowns on surface applications after the ground is frozen generally speaking.

Got my list of $hit jobs done over the weekend including moving bale feeders, round bales, moving sheep around, shoveling up screenings,  processing canna bulbs, etc. Change oil on tractor & skidsteer, then lube 'em up along with the spreader and I'll be ready for the ultimate in "$hit" jobs... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just got back from lunch, went to a place where every year they feed all veterans!!  buffet type meal with chicken and ribs!!!  darn good meal!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just got back from lunch, went to a place where every year they feed all veterans!!  buffet type meal with chicken and ribs!!!  darn good meal!!!
:tut: ya didnt stay to do dishes?????????????? :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao:

good for you.............

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: ya didnt stay to do dishes?????????????? :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao:

good for you.............

nope but I left a real good tip....   it was well worth it too!!  and thanks!!  :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hope ya ate well and got a nice nap in afterwards!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ate well and dozed some!!! :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellas, it's 3 below the zero mark up here in my neck of the woods. Well off to negotiations.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Morn-in Boys I hate ta remind ya's bout yer havin only 6 more days ta live cuz a da game is Sunday.

Therefore I'll not mention it! :tut:

One more leaf day pickup round here soon. So far I'm runnin out of storage containers. I'll have ta put da garbage in garage so's I can use da last garbage can ta store more leaves.

Found dis photo dis mornin. Didn't know dat day even attach ta da crafish.

"Zebra mussels attached to a crayfish. The mussels feed on zooplankton but attach to nearly any hard surface. Heavy infestations cause a multitude of problems."

I'll be munchin up da rest a da leaves dis mornin since all da trees are bare now. :rolleyes:

Enlarge photo....

:Photography:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 11/13/18, 06:24:33 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 2 below here this morning heading for a high of 19. Going to be in the mid 30s tomorrow. Not much else here. Just another day in deeradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we've got a heatwave, it's 5*. Not much new here, just need to button up a few things to get ready to head south Thursday. :sad: Think they even had a little snow down there last Thursday. Looked like there was still a little on the ground on Saturday during the Hawkeye football game & that's 2+ hours SE of us. It sounds like the coffee pot is done so I better get some. Hope you have a good Tuesday.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 0 here going for 24 they say..  we will see..  not much going on here so just go with the flow today!!  have a good day a;;!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
0 ish here too.  The river is frozen but I can still see the ice moving.  Had my brother over for ribeyes last night.  Spur of the moment thing but had a great time.  I am trying to get my Mom and Dad hooked up with Meals on Wheels today.  My Mom hasn't felt good for 6 months and has been Doctoring.  My Dad doesn't cook much and Mom is living on Cream of Wheat.  Oh man.  She is 80 he is 86.  We are at that point where Dad shouldn't drive out of town anymore and I think he gets it now.  Money is no problem but they are so tight I feel Dad would say we don't need those meals Bar.  BUT they do, so I hope I can just order a month of them.  Maybe Mom will feel better with some good food in her.  Other than that I have to go to town today.   :happy1:  Need supplies etc.  Man it feels good to be at home.  Someone needs to keep the fire burning. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It doesn't take you very long to get to town, does it LPS? :rolleyes: Did a little checkin on your spread when you were talking about the bridge they were building by you & after you sent me the Ice Rig. Does the car even get warmed up? ;) ;D

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
It doesn't take you very long to get to town, does it LPS? :rolleyes: Did a little checkin on your spread when you were talking about the bridge they were building by you & after you sent me the Ice Rig. Does the car even get warmed up? ;) ;D

It will be today. He just found out about the new Cheerios.... :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

That's right Gunner.  2 miles from my place to the grocery store.  It is a great setup.  When I get an order I can buzz it right into town to get it shipped in a hurry.  When we move south it will be hard to find a setup like this.  Nothing fancy but warm and comfortable.  Did you Google us?  See how the round pen for the horses isn't very round from above?  LOL  And yet we are in the country.   :happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

It will be today. He just found out about the new Cheerios.... :rotflmao:

When did they slip those out without telling me???  The thing I'm thinking is with the roundup residual found in Cheerios maybe I won't have to shave as often...   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Might not be able to do other things as often, either.  ;) 
I'm gonna try some, though...I grew up eatin' maple cereal. Loved it when my uncle called me Markie Maypo...  :laugh:

« Last Edit: November 11/13/18, 08:46:01 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
After a relaxing day winding down from the previous weeks hunt, I will start getting ready for my next hunt.  Not sure if I will muzzle loader hunt but still plan to go out a few times with my bow. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry, I'll be at the grocer's today...I'll see if it's out yet.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
0 ish here too.  The river is frozen but I can still see the ice moving.  Had my brother over for ribeyes last night.  Spur of the moment thing but had a great time.  I am trying to get my Mom and Dad hooked up with Meals on Wheels today.  My Mom hasn't felt good for 6 months and has been Doctoring.  My Dad doesn't cook much and Mom is living on Cream of Wheat.  Oh man.  She is 80 he is 86.  We are at that point where Dad shouldn't drive out of town anymore and I think he gets it now.  Money is no problem but they are so tight I feel Dad would say we don't need those meals Bar.  BUT they do, so I hope I can just order a month of them.  Maybe Mom will feel better with some good food in her.  Other than that I have to go to town today.   :happy1:  Need supplies etc.  Man it feels good to be at home.  Someone needs to keep the fire burning.

good luck with you parents Barry!!!  Gunner got me wondering so I looked up your place and dang that is nice!!!  I can picture the river there~!!!
« Last Edit: November 11/13/18, 09:22:34 AM by mike89 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: X 2, LPS! I wasn't sure where you were from the bridge until I googled the sticker you put on the back of the Ice Rig, that gave you away. ;) :laugh: :cool: Looks like a great location, knew the bridge wasn't a little 1 but was still surprised how big it looked on their site.
« Last Edit: November 11/13/18, 12:12:52 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: X 2, LPS! I wasn't sure where you were from the bridge until I goggled the sticker you put on the back of the Ice Rig, that gave you away. ;) :laugh: :cool: Looks like a great location, knew the bridge wasn't a little 1 but was still surprised how big it looked on their site.

I goggled er, Googled it too...  :laugh:  boy, you are way up there! Dat's a BIG bridge!  :shocked:
« Last Edit: November 11/13/18, 10:40:43 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Our house is in the middle from left to right.  We have 18+ acres and 640' of riverfront.  From the river to the highway.  Lots of room for the dogs.  Lots of trees for firewood.  Lots of walleyes for me.  Lots of places for bonfires for the wife. LOL 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Reb! :moon: :bonk: :bow: BETTER!! ;) :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 11/13/18, 12:16:12 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Goodness!!!! 😜