Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4946127 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Went to Vegas about ten years ago and they were in the seats behind me. Talked to them for a while, very nice girls. They liked snowmobiling so we had something in common. They were headed to Hefs mansion for a party and couldn't get a direct flight so they flew to Vegas and then to L.A. Fun trip.       :hubba:
:scratch: :scratch: they didnt invite you along??????????????? :pouty: :pouty:

they were afraid that you would tag along!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Apparently, they were smart, too.  :doah: I was forced into saying that.  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/08/19, 11:42:11 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
They had to be smart not to invite me along. But it sure would have been fun to tag along!!    :happy1:   If only Glenn would have been with I'm sure we would have had an invite.    :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Went to Vegas about ten years ago and they were in the seats behind me. Talked to them for a while, very nice girls. They liked snowmobiling so we had something in common. They were headed to Hefs mansion for a party and couldn't get a direct flight so they flew to Vegas and then to L.A. Fun trip.       :hubba:
:scratch: :scratch: they didnt invite you along??????????????? :pouty: :pouty:

they were afraid that you would tag along!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
they only wish i went with!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy: :sleazy: :hubba: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
They had to be smart not to invite me along. But it sure would have been fun to tag along!!    :happy1:   If only Glenn would have been with I'm sure we would have had an invite.    :rotflmao:

Are you taking any prescription medication?   :bonk: :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Went to Vegas about ten years ago and they were in the seats behind me. Talked to them for a while, very nice girls. They were headed to Hefs mansion for a party and couldn't get a direct flight so they flew to Vegas and then to L.A.

I can just imagine listening in on their conversation...

Do you think that Hef expects to...
... with all of us ...
... at the same time?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And if Glenn had been there... ;)

......"so, yer not on Union scale then?".....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cripes! Having 50 MPH wind gusts here....just saw a garbage cart roll by, and now a six foot xmas tree tumbleweed!  :shocked:

It's gotten worse...the entire house is creaking!!! A tree just went over....Holy cripes!!

Humidity   71%
Wind Speed   NW 37 G 59 mph
Barometer   29.99 in (1017.2 mb)
Dewpoint   13°F (-11°C)
Visibility   10.00 mi
Wind Chill   0°F (-17°C)
Last update   8 Jan 2:54 pm CST

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 01/08/19, 03:03:25 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is windy as heck here too and snowing but not as bad as your wind down there. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's always extremes down here...$!$!%^$             How was the fishing?    :fish2:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't go out yesterday.  Not today neither.  Making Auto Jiggers. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh...maybe it was the fish house battery thing got me thinkin' that.... :doofus:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't go out yesterday.  Not today neither.  Making Auto Jiggers.

what do they sell for??  just wondering...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
100 buckos, there awsome!!! i have one and it even out fishes glenn!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
$149.99 retail.  We can talk.  I got my new battery but I couldn't hardly see my house with the wind so started cooking instead.  Look on youtube Mike.  Lindell Auto Jigger.   Sometimes they work great sometimes not.  I think the fish are there and the constant timed jig finally drives the fish crazy and they hit it.  A friend of mine who is a very intense fisherman and me and another friend rented a fish house on Red.  Years ago Cookie.  Well he thought the Auto Jigger was a joke and I said "it is".  LOL   Well it kept catching fish and a lot more than us.  I looked over once and here this guy was jigging in time with the Auto Jigger.  I caught him and we all laughed our asses off.  We had to turn it off at night cuz it kept catching fish and we couldn't sleep. 
« Last Edit: January 01/08/19, 05:23:59 PM by LPS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man, I'd like to have THAT problem!!!  :fishing:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
17 1/4" so we couldn't keep them but what fun.  We finally got some to have a meal out there and that is all that we wanted.  Never caught so many walleyes for 2 days straight.  Had a couple of big nords break our lines too.  AND had a couple of big crappies in the hole but didn't get them up.  Darn.  I really wanted to get one of those.  I nver got in on the big crappie thing there. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 3* and windy again this morning.  I got into the big crappies on red for 3-4 years back when we lived down in Becker. Man that was a blast. That is the reason I built my wheel house. I always joked  that it was my first lake home. Usually we would go up Friday and come back Sunday morning. The last time I had my house on Red was back in the winter of 2006\2007. That was the first year we lived up here. Those big crappies were fun. Now that I live right on Lake of the Woods, I pretty much just fish here. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, cold here and a high of 9 maybe..  got a few things done yesterday and a few things to do today..  nothing big just need to do them..  have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' all. A chilly 7* here as the sun comes up in a frigid blue sky. Still a bit windy, but nothing like yday. Clocked a gust here at the airport of 59 MPH in the afternoon. Was entertained by the big xmas tree blowing all over the street. And it's still there. People would just drive around it. I'm going out later and put it in the guys driveway from where it came. They both saw it and just ignored it. Jerks. Grocery run today, then some odds and ends to take care of. Stay warm, guys.  :coffee:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we've got 0*(- 14 WC) to start & don''t think we'll make double digits for the high. We hit a sweet spot with the weather & traffic on the drive up yday. We left home about 1, Elk River by 4, & Walmart in GR by 6:45. Just beat the rain as we had some sprinkles as we pulled off at Faribault for gas & drove out of it when we hit 494 W in Bloomington. We hit some flurries too just before Hill City & the last 5 miles or so south of GR were kind of nasty. All the roads were in surprisingly good shape & that's why we didn't go the 35 E, Moose Lake, Hwy 2 route. Out here by 9, driveway was good enough to get in after ~ a 1/2 hour & the wind was starting to howl, so we were done. Must be about a foot of snow in the yard & closer to 18" at the end of the drive. Hard crusty snow too so the walk in was a PITA ( 500' + drive). Probably move a little more snow today, otherwise a mellow day. Better go, have a good un.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Do you have a plow for that long driveway Gunner?  Ye Rebs I saw that on the CCO Weather last night about the 59 MPH gusts.  Man that is a lot of wind.  It is 2 here and I just put wood in the stove.  It actually felt nicer today than yesterday with all of the wind we had too.  No big plans for the day.  Just keep working here in the house where it is nice and warm.  Man was that ham good.  BUT I pigged out on it.  SO of course I was thirsty as heck SO I drank a lot of water SO that meant my sleep was disrupted cuz I had to pee.  What a vicious cycle.  At least I didn't have to go to work today.   :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! Was 6 at choretime and had 5 on the pickup thermometer on the way to town. Heading for a hi around 14 then starting a warm up into next week. Slicing off a lot of what's typically our coldest part of the winter. Was in Waseca yesterday at a meeting when the wind gusted to 53 mph there. Didn't hear it tho as the meeting at the SROC is right by the railroad switching yard. On my way after a bit to get a load of cracked corn for the sheep. Getting to be a lot of diddling around for not much return... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes here it is Jan 9 and only had that one real cold night at -26 or something like that.  Today will stay cold and I think teens tomorrow and then 20's for highs for at least the next week and a half.  That brings us to the 22 of Jan.  This has been great.  Just waiting for the hammer to drop. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh, it will. First week in February...just watch.  :whistling:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh, it will. First week in February...just watch.  :whistling:
as long as it stays in Cawchester!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
O, it will..... :snow2: :snow4:    :mad1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes here it is Jan 9 and only had that one real cold night at -26 or something like that.  Today will stay cold and I think teens tomorrow and then 20's for highs for at least the next week and a half.  That brings us to the 22 of Jan.  This has been great.  Just waiting for the hammer to drop. 
:happy1: Oh it will, bout the time glenn decides to come back up here.  :rolleyes: ;) :smiley:  Only plow we have, LPS, is on the Grizzly, we can usually get that to work. We do have a heavy duty, made in Canada(Bercomac), blower on the 24 hp Husqvarna too though. A little more work today as we couldn't take a full bite with either in some spots. Still only 2 1/2  hours yday & today to get it pretty well blown out,
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Danged cold out there!!!! 9* with a WC of -8*...and of course, the wind is just a howlin' again. We come in at #11. :mad1:

https://wtop.com/national/2016/05/30-windiest-cities-us/
« Last Edit: January 01/09/19, 12:20:04 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Danged cold out there!!!! 9* with a WC of -8*...and of course, the wind is just a howlin' again. We come in at #11. :mad1:

https://wtop.com/national/2016/05/30-windiest-cities-us/
thats easily  explainable wit you and Del livin dere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: oh your so easy sometimes!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: