Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904536 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll keep an eye out for ya gunner on 35 bout 2:30..  :happy1: have a safe trip! Ya know lps I wonder if there's a big breasted dentist around that likes to rub sore butts...  :confused: :sleazy:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey good thinking.  You are management material....   :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 66 at choretime heading for a high on the mid-80's. Scouting more fields on tap for the day. Better than the working over I got yesterday a.m. Thought I was just supposed to get a blood draw but nooooooo! It turned into my annual checkup. New nurse practitioner and she was hot but thorough. I got poked, prodded, grabbed, and otherwise checked over good. Found a hernia high in my abdomen which isn't causing pain but could someday. Gee, wonder how that could've happened?  :confused:  :rotflmao: All kidding aside, I was relieved. Got my glucose levels back and we're good there. Apparently my tonic syrup kept the carbs down nicely. Best of all Beefeater is on sale at Cash Wise at $24 for a 1.75 ltr! Some days there is a God... :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning.  Went up to Duluth yesterday with my wife and dog Lucy.  Very foggy up there near the lake but none where i was {Island Lake} just north of Duluth.  Fished there since I was a kid.  off shore for us.  Picked up some chubs and had the rods ready.  Was a little cool at 48.  Jacket and hoody weather.

Action was slow at first.  Was thinking of going to the dam area of Boulder Lake.  But then it picked up.  Two small pike and some eater walleye [7] around 13 to 14 inches.  Surprised we didn''t get any smallmouth but they will be there as the lake warms up.  My brother stopped by  to pick up a 7mm mag I gave him.  He gave me a 270 he won at a raffle up there.  had to make some casts and cought a couple of small pike.

Two young boys came there also to fish off shore and I watched them catch a couple of walleye's.  Nice to see.  When we left they quickly took our spot LOL.  Saw the stringer I guess.  Nice trip. good luck.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds fun RH!!! Nice to get back to simplicity sometimes.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!!! 61* this morning heading for the high yuckies. 87* they are saying  :puke:. No big plans this weekend, we are going to actually be home for the 1st time in a month. Will be kinda nice. I do plan to get the camper and truck washed this weekend hopefully. Maybe even get the boat ready too. And if I get really ambitious I may tackle the oil leak on the wife's car. I think it is the gasket for the oil filter housing. It is a 2008 Impala. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 68 here going for 88..  and more humid they say...  managed to get a few things done yesterday and will see how this day goes!!!  it sure looks nice for sure!!!  have a good day all!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup going to be a hot one.  I have the AC's on getting prepared.  Got the lawn mowed yesterday so I can take it easy today.  Then next week highs in the upper 60's to lower 70's.  Perfect.  Have a good one all of you.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
AC here today too!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
No AC here. When we built we decided the lake was the AC.  :crazy: Not sure what we were thinking.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 70 at choretime heading for a hi in the mid-80's once again. Crop is coming along but has some warts on it. NO surprise there. Can't push the planting envelope as hard as we did and expect everything to be perfect. 5 or 6 hours of lawn mowing on tap for the weekend, more gardening and maybe do some grilling. Oh and if it's warm tomorrow, I might have to break the seal on the new Beefeater 1.75 ltr...  :rotflmao: Have a priceless day!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 71 here going for the mid 80's today...  warm one yesterday.. did get a few things done yesterday so today is a lazy day maybe!!  have to see what comes along!!!  have a good day all!!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Just watered the garden and the wife watered the flowers.  Been doing it at night when it cools down but probably better to do it in the mornings.  ??  We sat on the deck last night in the heat but there was lots of wind so we enjoyed it.  Saw lots of Monarchs flying by going to our lilacs.  Must have been 20 of them but only saw 2 or 3 at a time.  LOL  The wife said there are only 3 of them.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I am sure she is right.  LOL  Great to see them around.  We don't mow down the milkweed anymore till way late in summer for them.  lt looks like about noon it'll start raining up at JB's place and then work it's way over here to us.  I see big clouds in Canada now.  86 they are saying for a hi so AC's will be on. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, back in god's country. :happy1: Got out here ~ 9:30 yday & after gettin unloaded I spent most of the day mowin. About an hour at a time was all I could take with the heat & humidity but it's been over 3 weeks so I needed to keep at it. We've got 68* now & headed for 86*, we seen * yday. Sis & BIL should be here soon so we'll havta see how the day unfolds from there. I thought about headin out :fishing: before the sun came up but it was too windy. :sad: Hope your Saturday's a good 1 & try to stay  :cool: everybody.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Just watered the garden and the wife watered the flowers.  Been doing it at night when it cools down but probably better to do it in the mornings.  ??  We sat on the deck last night in the heat but there was lots of wind so we enjoyed it.  Saw lots of Monarchs flying by going to our lilacs.  Must have been 20 of them but only saw 2 or 3 at a time.  LOL  The wife said there are only 3 of them.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I am sure she is right.  LOL  Great to see them around.  We don't mow down the milkweed anymore till way late in summer for them.  lt looks like about noon it'll start raining up at JB's place and then work it's way over here to us.  I see big clouds in Canada now.  86 they are saying for a hi so AC's will be on. 
So no camping? :scratch: Too hot? :pouty:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup too hot.  Still gonna do it just not sure when. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 77* here this morning and heading to around 80. I hope the storms hold off a little longer than noon, but have no control I guess. The wife and I sat out on the deck also sat out on the patio last night. The breeze coming off the lake felt nice. Also plant a couple of crab apple trees the we picked up yesterday. Time to start hitting the project list. Have a good one boys.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  I wish we could sit patio side here between the helicopters from tge maples and the cottonwoods through out tge neighborhood it's like its snowin.  Just got back from my kids place he had a pretty good size sod project but first we had to shovel out a bunch of gravel, get rid of that and fill with soil tgen lay the sod, Friday nights beer was sweat out real fast... soooooo,  anyone hear from the Rochester boys?? Reb and del been really quiet..

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Not a peep.  Hope the tornado didn't hurt them...

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it missed Reb...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
JB hang on to your hat.  Looks like two or three areas of bright red are going to hit you soon.  We will get nicked a little but you are getting the brunt of it. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I think Reb must still be dealing with a bunch of personal stuff.
I just got back from a week of canoe and fishing trip camping in Quetico Park. Pretty gray and cold most of the time, but got some sun at the end.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, the last couple days felt like mid - July/August & this morning feels more like September. Had 61* at 1st peek & along with that NW wind I'm sure yday's high 80's will be a distant memory. Only low - mid 60's for today. It wasn't rainin yet when I was 1st out but looks like it could start at any time. Managed to finish knockin the grass down the 1st time yday & even got a little trim work done. :happy1: So I took the boat out yday afternoon  :fishing: without much success but still nice to be out there. :cool: I've got a couple indoor projects for today as both mowers could use a little more TLC. That's it for today, hopin yours is a good 1. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, we got some rain but not much..  a little noise too..  the pine apple chicken came out very good!!  not sure what's going on today so just run with the day!!!  have a good day all!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin amigos,  was a good day yesterday except for the twins game. Not much on the agenda for today, talkin some rain moving through bout lunchtime so that'll dictate whether I do any mow lawning later Gotta hit menardos soon then go with the flow the rest of the day..See ya!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 53* here this morning and raining out yet. Looks like we got just over an inch so far. Been a good soaking rain. The nasty stuff skirted just west of us yesterday. Watching a couple of launches headed north as I am typing this. Bet that is a chilly ride. Like Gunner said, feels more like fall right now. But after the 90s we had yesterday, this will feel good. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is calm here at the ranch.  We got 2" of rain since yesterday.  Lots of thunder started about 4ish and rained hard for quite awhile.  Looks like we are on the edge of the rain even for most of the day.  SO I think I will hang loose like you other guys today.   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Mornin gents, back in god's country. :happy1: Got out here ~ 9:30 yday & after gettin unloaded I spent most of the day mowin. About an hour at a time was all I could take with the heat & humidity but it's been over 3 weeks so I needed to keep at it. We've got 68* now & headed for 86*, we seen * yday. Sis & BIL should be here soon so we'll havta see how the day unfolds from there. I thought about headin out :fishing: before the sun came up but it was too windy. :sad: Hope your Saturday's a good 1 & try to stay  :cool: everybody.
gunner...….how are the bugs up there.???????

morning fellers. did ya miss me?????? :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: got home friday afternoon and decided to unplug. had enough phone calls, emails and text for a week. besides i had plenty to do around the homestead being gone all week. :doofus:

got 2 days around home then back to red wing wed early.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 47* here heading for a high of 65* today. After the rain stopped yesterday I washed the camper and my truck. Was nice to get all the mud off of everything from the trip to Effie. That was a all afternoon project. With the rain we got this weekend the grass sure went crazy. Looks like the wife will have some mowing to do.  ;) :rotflmao: Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 51 here going for the low 70's..  61 in the house!!  feels good too!! got a few things to do today and already started them..  sounds like rain again...  we will see...  have a good day all!!!