Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903132 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 66 now heading for a high of 71 they say. Still raining here. Our gauge said another 2.01" of rain this morning and it poured all the way to Warroad. The wife actually had to slow down on the way in. We certainly did need the rain, but almost 5" in one shot is a little much. Before you know it we will be just like Rebville. Hope not. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

PS, Barry try trolling the rapala tail dancers that dive to 15' in 15-17 FOW. That is what we were doing and caught some nice fish. purple descent was the hot color sunday.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I saw another boat trolling raps JB.  If the rain hadn't started coming down we would have switched.  I do like doing that too.  Well we got more rain last night but our total for the last 3 days is under 2".   SO you really got hammered in all of this JB.  We are going out for breakfast again today.  Kinda fun too.  No dishes.  Hoping to get out and maybe do some sturgy fishing on the pontoon boat today so I hope the wind doesn't come up. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
At least we got some photo fish.  Here is my buddy Rocky with a nice fish.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 74* presently & goin for 78*. We had a couple quick cloudbursts, 10 minutes or so, yday about 2 & again about 3. Otherwise I've been told it's been fairly dry down here, the river is up though & talkin to a guy I know that fishes the rivers it's clearing up & dropping. The Dr appt went well yday & they want to see him again in ~ 2 months so we're plannin on goin back up early next week. :happy1: Not much else new here, hope your Wednesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime heading for a hi in the mid-70's. Supposed to be breezy too, 15 - 25 mph  so it should help keep the bugs away. .20" of rain at the ranch and .19" of rain in Bugtussle from yesterdays afternoon's episode. Somehow they managed to sneak a 40% chance of rain into the forecast for this afternoon.  :scratch: Looks like Reb's only got a 30% chance so if he repacks the bearings on his sump pump in the meantime he might make it!  :bonk:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Where's Delmar? I see the last VW bug rolls off the line today in Mexico...he might wanna grab one and some daisy decals, and relive his younger years.  ;)

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vw-beetle-production-halted-vw-beetle-goes-extinct-as-last-one-rolls-off-assembly-line-in-mexico/
« Last Edit: July 07/10/19, 09:07:52 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime heading for a hi in the mid-70's. Supposed to be breezy too, 15 - 25 mph  so it should help keep the bugs away. .20" of rain at the ranch and .19" of rain in Bugtussle from yesterdays afternoon's episode. Somehow they managed to sneak a 40% chance of rain into the forecast for this afternoon.  :scratch: Looks like Reb's only got a 30% chance so if he repacks the bearings on his sump pump in the meantime he might make it!  :bonk:

:taz: training-087  Don't you have some hay to go pack somewhere?  :moon:   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Where's Delmar? I see the last VW bug rolls off the line today in Mexico...he might wanna grab one and some daisy decals, and relive his younger years.  ;)

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vw-beetle-production-halted-vw-beetle-goes-extinct-as-last-one-rolls-off-assembly-line-in-mexico/

If you look real closely you can see del from his Haight-Ashbury days behind the wheel of a Bug towards the end of the clip. Also someone blowing bubbles who probably isn't his wife!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I0vkKy504U 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is actually one of my all time favorite songs! Always loved Scott McKenzie and his close friends, the Mama's and the Papa's. I remember listening to it over and over when I spent my Summer in Berkeley. Had just hit the airwaves. Headed to 'Frisco a few times that summer too.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: July 07/10/19, 09:37:57 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

If you look real closely you can see del from his Haight-Ashbury days behind the wheel of a Bug towards the end of the clip. Also someone blowing bubbles who probably isn't his wife!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I0vkKy504U 

He probably was close friends with Jerry Garcia's band & Timothy Leary too.  :scratch:;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wasn't his nickname "Wavy Gravy Del"?  :rotflmao: 

« Last Edit: July 07/10/19, 10:28:20 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup good song!!!  well got my town run done and we even took the GF in a MRI on her knee..  hopefully they can figure out whats wrong with it for her...   looks like the rain might be done here, I hope...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wish I could get an MRI on mine! Only been jacking around with it for 2 months...thanks MAYO!!! :mad1:

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Wish I could get an MRI on mine! Only been jacking around with it for 2 months...thanks MAYO!!! :mad1:
Reb, isn’t there an orthopedic center other than at Mayo that you could go to?
I had total knee replacement in March at Twin a City Orthopedics, and the experience was great. I went in on a Monday and they told me my knee was shot, would you like surgery on Thursday? I would of, but when I told them I just had a cortisone shot 2 months ago they said I would have wait one month. Even when I had arthroscopic surgery on my knee they were great. Anyway good luck Reb and Mike.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope. Since I'm retired from MAYO, I have their insurance. If I go to anyone or anywhere, including drugs, other than them, it's an "out of the loop provider", and I pay the full bill. They just jack around and jack around. Have had two surgeries and two MRI's on the knee, and they admit something new has gone to hell with it....so they had me do two injections, starting in February. Now, they say lets "try therapy"...I can barely walk! Enough already! It's been 5 months! So take an MRI, ya clowns!!!!  :angry2:
« Last Edit: July 07/10/19, 01:05:41 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
WHEEEEE! More rain and T-storms for this afternoon!!!  :party1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks Coopperman....  still love that dog pic!!! :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
He needs a little sailor hat! :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/10/19, 02:42:20 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

68 beetle belonged to mama.  I had a 68 barracuda 340 formula S.   I did rebuild the motor of her bug in the carport of our apartment in Salinas CA after it dropped an exhaust valve on #3 on 101 south of greenfield....

I got no great nostalgie for VW bugs.  Any body that thinks heating t he car by running the exhaust through a big chunk of cast iron with fins on the outside and blowing air over the fins needs to be rolled in snow and left for the wolves.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had one, too. After one winter with it.....it hit the used car lot. Wasn't into driving with frosted over windows and frozen feet.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Must be blessed with good weather here.  Went fishing from 5-9 last night and only got a little mist.  Been dry here all day today.  I did some major tree trimming this morning.  Now I have a very large brush pile out back.  Although I was around that whole time, I never got into any of the flower child stuff.  I was first too busy on the farm and then the Navy took 4 years. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
There is still some good things done at the Mayo but if ya ask me its gotten so big its out of control. Lots of times the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing around there.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
There is still some good things done at the Mayo but if ya ask me its gotten so big its out of control. Lots of times the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing around there.

*BINGO*

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And, it's pouring out. Again. No joking. Again. And again. Again. And again. Again. And again.
Again. And again. Again. And again. Again. And again. Again. And again. Again. And again. .

« Last Edit: July 07/10/19, 05:26:21 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 57 this morning heading for 80 today. No rain here. Looking like a dry forecast for a few days now. Man what is going on down in swampville. Snowed like crazy all winter there and now raining like crazy there. Hoping it stops soon down there rebs. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 56 here going for 82 and no rain today here either..  not much going on today so maybe watch the grass grow??  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  got a few things to do so I'll just plug along with the day..  have a good day all!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like a good day to get a "land fix".  I may go do some mowing and possibly plant some plots.   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. Looks like a perfect day to enjoy, for once. Sunny, light breeze, in the 70;s for today with no hume. 90's for the weekend and next week with high humidity. Land of extremes down here. Maybe it'll finally get the water sinking in and drying up. Should bring out a bumper crop of skeeters, if anything. We've actually had 30" of rain here so far, normal yearly total is 31".
It's haircut day, and one of those little errand days Mikey talks about. Would like to stain the deck, but with it heading into the 90's, no. Bad for anyone out on it and bad temp to stain. Maybe I'll just putter.....Have a good one, guys.  :coffee:                               
« Last Edit: July 07/11/19, 08:10:47 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 68* & headed for 80*, they're sayin. Just checked the 10 day & our next chance for rain appears to be Wednesday. A lay low day here too, have good 1

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe RH should check the beach again..... :rotflmao:

Minnesota woman who swims topless vows to return to beach

DULUTH, Minn. (AP) — A Minnesota woman who swims topless in Lake Superior says she won’t be dissuaded by someone who called the police on her.

Michelle Bennett was sunbathing topless on the beach in Duluth last month when a woman asked her to cover up, saying she was making the woman’s children uncomfortable.

Bennett refused, so the woman called the police. An officer told Bennett it was not a nude beach, to which Bennett replied that she was not nude — she was topless.

The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Bennett has been swimming topless in Lake Superior for years and sees no reason why she has to cover up while men don’t have to.

She and the officer discussed Minnesota’s indecent exposure law. Bennett did not receive a citation, but she did put on a shirt. She says she sees no reason to change how she enjoys the beach.