Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901961 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples,  chased rowsters the last couple of days. Tgat is some tough hunting now that snow is on the fields, we put up 3 roosters and managed 2 on state land. Our private land was pretty much all matted down from the snow and held nuttin. With snow covered landscape tgey sure were easy to spot driving around but were real skittish and didn't give us much of a chance. Well that's all I have but the kid and I sure had a good time a field..See ya!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what matters, just getting out there in the outdoors.  Glad you guy's had a great time.  Memories made.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
What................no home alone this weekend? ;) :laugh: :laugh:
nope...……. :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, saying 3 to 5 inches of snow tonight..  got a few things to do today, # 1 will be getting a new battery in the truck, it's 8 years old..  might as well get some wind shield wipers too.  and watch some foot ball of course..  went to the neighbors birthday party yesterday afternoon..  she's 100 and still living at home alone.. nice lady..  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.17* this morning and the wind is blowing 20+ out of the north. The cold in starting to move in I think. Got the frame all done, plywood on the floor and a couple walls framed up yesterday. Of course it is taking longer than I thought. I can't figure out how to post pictures from my phone. I will try and sit down and a computer later. Fake coffee is done. Time to hit it. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow. 100 years old. That's awesome!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Trying to load some pics from my phone. Frame ready to weld together.

Frame ready for plywood.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ya we can hear the wind howling here too JB.  Sat on the river for a while yesterday evening with my buddy and only caught one fish.  Was fun to talk with him though.  It does feel like the cold may be coming.  Nice looking frame JB.  Looking forward to seeing more pics of your project.  Sure looking forward to the game today.  Hope we don't screw it up.  Grilled a big ribeye for the two of us last night.  Was taking forever and then I noticed we ran out of propane.  LOL   Finished it on the stove top.  Turned out great!  Of course I was so hungry I could have eaten a horse.  100, that is impressive Mike.  Good for her.   My Grandpa lived to be 100.  Quite a feat.  The wife is putting up our Christmas Tree right now.  It looks great.  Same one we have had for quite a few years.  Love it.  Well you all have a great day!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Morning folksters. 30* headed for 35*, the plummeting temps before the below zero stuff. Wind was just howling last nite. No plans today, watch the game. Spent all day yday looking at TV's. Gave up. I don't want or need a smart set with a gazillion apps and links to everything I'll never use. Plus, none able to run my stereo setup thru the audio without buying an optical audio converter. I just want a nice, TV to watch channels on and stream an occasional movie. But, no good brand "Dumb sets" ie;, non-smart non wifi sets anywhere. And I went everywhere and talked to everyone. Guess I'll be able to save myself about $400... :undecided:
Have a good day, guys.
« Last Edit: December 12/08/19, 09:02:49 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...…...getting ready to make jerky. I didn't sleep worth Jack S!!! last nite. I had 3 friggin glasses of straight up coke. :pouty: :angry: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya don't drink cola's or tea before bed if ya wanna sleep, ya schnozzle!  :bonk:
Switch to a  big slug of VO and 7Up instead! You'll sleep like a baby smurf!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
it's weird, some days I have nights like this, next time not a problem. :confused: :confused: :pouty: :pouty:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's called GETTING OLD.   :oscar:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's called GETTING OLD.   :oscar:
old enough to know better...……….young enough to try'er again!!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I gotta go er i'll never get nuttin done!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Trying to load some pics from my phone. Frame ready to weld together.

Frame ready for plywood.

Looking good, JB!  :happy1:  Ya using marine grade or OSB pwood?  3/4"? And galvanized screws for flooring , I bet...
« Last Edit: December 12/08/19, 09:33:14 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we've got 33* with a mellow SW wind here. Still gonna  hit the mid-40's, I guess. Not much new here, just the usual NFL Sunday. Hope your Sunday's a good 1. :happy1:
« Last Edit: December 12/08/19, 10:21:48 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My son and I plan to go deer hunting one more time this afternoon before the next storm locks us out.  Maybe they will be moving early in advance of the upcoming storm. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck deadeye. :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Might be out bulking up before the storm.... :deer:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
OK, Delmar, call it whatever makes ya feel good.
I know all about those.  :rolleyes: Let me 'splain it to ya.  No one-remote tracking sync with speakers on new sets. They can't sync to system. Big drawback. Ya need two remotes. I've set mine up so you can do split/speaker switching and receivers track up/down with the TV on one remote. Need two optical  cans for my split system and 6 speaker setup. Jeff at VY Electronics knows my system, and said it would be a huge PIA and loss going thru the converters. And he's the best IMO. I just don't need all those 100 different apps /streaming crap. I know I can bypass it with direct hook up, but...With the new DirecTV box, it streams and downloads movies from my wi-fi. Already streamed some movies. That's all I need. I know the price is about the same, and ya can use the apps (maybe) down the road...if ya want to go that route.
A new set that's non-smart is basically all I need.....but I lose my great audio. I was able to reprogram aspect ratio and pic format  pic sizing on new box, so things pic wise are decent. I'm staying with that and my audio for now.  Dozens of little apps, are not for me. I know I can bypass the internet and Wifi and use it as a "regular" set, but then I still have the audio problem....  Just give me a set with a great pic I can plug a decent sound system into that'll work, and off we go. That's all I want.   🏃‍♂️ 
« Last Edit: December 12/08/19, 02:55:07 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, I knew that was coming from Glenn.  Wanna come down and hook up some new streaming apps?  Bring yer phone!  :mooning:  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/08/19, 12:22:42 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :Hunter: :popcorn: :popcorn: I wanna see the new emoji Reb threatened me with!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's on that new app! Won't upload here! Need a popcorn converter app!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It's on that new app! Won't upload here! Need a popcorn converter app!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:confused: :confused: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
OK, Delmar, call it whatever makes ya feel good.
I know all about those.  :rolleyes: Let me 'splain it to ya.  No one-remote tracking sync with speakers on new sets. They can't sync to system. Big drawback. Ya need two remotes. I've set mine up so you can do split/speaker switching and receivers track up/down with the TV on one remote. Need two optical  cans for my split system and 6 speaker setup. Jeff at VY Electronics knows my system, and said it would be a huge PIA and loss going thru the converters. And he's the best IMO. I don't need all those 100 different apps /streaming crap. With the new DirecTV box, it streams and downloads movies from my wi-fi. Already streamed some movies. That's all I need.
A new set that's non-smart is what I want.....but I lose my great audio. I was able to reprogram aspect ratio and pic format  pic sizing on new box, so things are decent. I'm staying with that and my audio for now. If you wanna play with dozens of little apps, fine. Not for me. I don't need all that just to watch a movie. Just give me a set with a great pic I can plug a decent sound system into that'll work, and off we go. That's all I want.   🏃‍♂️

If you are ok, I'm ok.   But doesn't the hypothetical new tv have rca outputs?  I've got mine plugged into an 80's vintage pioneer receiver but I only have two speakers... 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope, made the guy pull a couple of the LG's and the Samsungs and we looked. That's the prob. They've basically upped things from the S Video inputs/outputs to the new optical plugs. So, back to buying the optical can. (converter) Ya, I can pick a 43" top rated Samsung or LG 4K Smart set for $225 and bypass the wifi app stuff. But then, I have the audio issue....I can't believe all the new sets have down-firing speakers.....!  :bonk: So, for now I sit  with my smaller screen set...I just wanted a big screen pic to match my sound quality I have without buying all new. Guess not...kinda like dropping a new Ed Pink custom engine in the ford and expecting the tranny to mate up and work with it.  :doah:
« Last Edit: December 12/08/19, 03:05:27 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just saw on TWC Duluth area to get 12" snow..... :doah: