Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4953001 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Cloudy and -3 here.  Not planning anything big today.  Watch some more football and see what good teams look like.   :angry2:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
No ribs gettin' smoked?!  :confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am thinking about it.  They sure sound good.  It has been a long time since we did any. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 16* goin for upper 20's. Some light snow beginning with more to come later, 1-3" before it's done. A couple little things on the list for today, gotta see if'n I can find the time. :scratch:  If not there's always tomorrow. ;) Sister & BIL stopped over last night after they went to church & we had some dinner while catching the 2nd half of the game. That's it for today, hopin your Sunday is a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers. good luck mike with all your tests.  man yesterday was a tough day. felt like death warmed over. went to bed at 9;30 Friday nite, didn't wake up till 1 in the afternoon sat, and still felt like crap. don't feel just to bad today. pumping the old cold meds. this crap knocks me down for the count.

well enough whining...…………..
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks Glenn, and hope yer doin better too!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Prolly got it at one of those greasy spoons he eats at!  He could have tired blood!   ;)
« Last Edit: January 01/12/20, 12:07:09 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
what I got wasn't from a greasy spoon...…...I got a head cold...…...it sucks. :confused: :confused: feelin pretty good today!!!!!!! I just gotta be careful it don't come around and kick my  :moon: :doah:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya coulda!! Maybe the waitress sneezed on yer Rueben!!  :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks Glenn, and hope yer doin better too!! 
what I got wasn't from a greasy spoon...…...I got a head cold...…...it sucks. :confused: :confused: feelin pretty good today!!!!!!! I just gotta be careful it don't come around and kick my  :moon: :doah:
  :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:  :mooning:  Afternoon form fellas, get better you guys, I'm surprised I havnt gotten it with the rest of the fam getting over it. Well the oldest and I didn't catch any nortens this morning with the east wind but the new old auger worked ok I guess,  ya your right it was a bugger to hold on to, kinda wish it had chipper blades on it rather than shaver blades. Live and learn I guess. 
Good luck Mike, if you play your cards right you can buy me lunch while your in town!  :happy1: See ya!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Boob....ya should be just fine with the shaver blades. Shaver blades have a less aggressive blade angle than any other blade. So ya, more revolutions to break through but it doesn’t work the drill nearly as hard the way more aggressive blades like Lazer blades will. Side by side using the same sized battery you’d be able to cut through more inches of ice with the shaver blades than you would with Lazer or chipper blades on a bit that is the same diameter. Keep yer eyes peeled for a NILS, too....they do great on a drill.
The new polymer flighting drill augers come with shaver blades for just that reason....just sayin'!!!!

https://www.geteskimo.com/Product/pistol-bit-8-inch-11638
« Last Edit: January 01/12/20, 02:04:52 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's good to know Reb,  I had the drill on the slowest speed but maybe next time I'll back off on the throttle and just let the blades do the cutting. Some other guys came out with a k drill and it seamed so effortless cutting holes..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just make sure that point is sharp and the blades are too! Let it take it's own pace instead of pushing down on it...but I'm sure you know that. Too many guys do that, it won't make it go any faster. I honed mine with my hard Arkansas stone and oil after every use...just like a good knife blade. Ice with sand/grit in it will dull those down fast.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wonder if those K drills have a gear reduction thing.  Never seen one but that would be what I would think.  OR what would Red Green do????   You duct tape a handle to it.  Could be a piece of conduit or wood, depends on what is laying around.  Even a piece of PVC.  May save a wrist injury.  That would be a bad injury.. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Really popular one with the drill augers is the Milwaukee Fuel. First, ya gotta rob a bank to get the money for one.... :doah: They have dropped in price, though.  They aren't necessary. The one I made for my cuz back in '05 (we got some weird looks back then, now look how popular they are!) we used his DeWalt hammer drill, and did 14" of ice just fine. Might have a pic of him drilling with it somewhere..
« Last Edit: January 01/12/20, 03:25:12 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
snowing here. got enough to lightly cover everything up.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 14 here to start the day heading for 22. Got another 3 cord of firewood yesterday. Only 6 more loads to go. Oh boy. Good luck with all your tests today Mike. Hope you are felling better Glenn. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. 21* here with an inch of snow overnite. Wedder Morjits predics were "bitterly cold overnite, single digits near zero"....they were only off by 20 degrees.  Maybe they shoul run the ViQueens betting pool. :rolleyes:
2-4" more on the way tonite, so they say. Gonna make that apple pig roast in the crackpot today, that'll be my high point. Enjoy yer day, guys.
« Last Edit: January 01/13/20, 08:08:37 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers about 1/2 inch of snow...........roads werent real bad. i feel like a million bucks today!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: hope the snow behaves threw wed when i head to grand rapids!!!!!!!!weather terrorost are talking   :snow5: :snow5: :snow5: :snow4: for friday nite into sat, then cold!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
A million bucks? The smurf fairy hit ya with her magic wand last nite?   :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
A million bucks? The smurf fairy hit ya with her magic wand last nite?   :rotflmao:
MAYHAPS!!!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see gas dropped back down to $2.49 from $2.54 here..............

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Green and Wrinkled.....

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 19 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. About an inch of snow at the ranch and 1.5" in Bugtussle. Melting it out yet so nothing to report as far as liquid equivalent. 1" - 3" more predicted for tonite with what might be an ugly one coming on Friday. Something has been killing the barn cats inside the barn recently, 2 in the past week. Suspect it's another tomcat as those were the only tracks I could see in the snow this a.m. Look for more cat jerky on the way glenn!  :rotflmao:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 19 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. About an inch of snow at the ranch and 1.5" in Bugtussle. Melting it out yet so nothing to report as far as liquid equivalent. 1" - 3" more predicted for tonite with what might be an ugly one coming on Friday. Something has been killing the barn cats inside the barn recently, 2 in the past week. Suspect it's another tomcat as those were the only tracks I could see in the snow this a.m. Look for more cat jerky on the way glenn!  :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Does it taste like chicken?   :confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We got a skiff of snow here too.  Have to run to town today to get some things and mail some bills.  Have left over chicken so may make soup for lunch with it.  Leftover ribs for supper. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon all, been on the move since early as we had an appt with the lawyer at 9. Some other runnin done & back here by about 10:30. Washed some clothes & had some lunch before I had time to see what was up here. I see Boar & Reb got a handle on things :evil: ;) :whistling:...…………………….. ;) :rolleyes:  :laugh: :laugh: Not real certain as I haven't seen any totals but I'm callin it ~ 1.5-2" here yday. A couple more things to do yet so I better roll.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You were expecting something less?   :rotflmao: :bonk:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We must be experiencing one of Reb's patented snow squalls. Just got back in the house from closing the barn door on the east. Nasty out there. I detected no graupel however... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)