Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901604 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Morning folk. A balmy -9 here, compared to Mikey at -17* (even colder than at Glenn's)  and you all up in Baudette at -22*!. Keep it there! Haircut then groceries today. Need to make a run to Flat Farm too, to pick up a set of snow blower shoes. They were out all Fall, and the blower really needs them. Put a spare one on yday. Looks like they're back in stock. Also looks like the blower's gonna get a workout, so yak the Morjits. They're really wetting their pants on this 6-10" snow or more with high winds, icing, shotgun graupel, etc. Smurf Vortex from Canada, Yadda yadda yadda. Well, cawfee's done, so I best get crackin'. Stay warm, guys.
« Last Edit: January 01/16/20, 06:44:50 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Yep like Reb said -22 up here this AM. Not even sure what it is supposed to warm up to today. There are talking blizzard up here too Friday and Saturday. That may put a wrench in our wood cutting plans this weekend. Hope not, but we will see. Otherwise just another day in paradise. have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, -9 here too & goin for a high of 8*, I guess. :scratch: It's -29 WC with ~10+ mph NW wind, they're talkin gusts to 40 mph on Saturday here along with somewhere between 4-10" of :snow5: too. That'll probably change again before tomorrow afternoon when it's 'sposed to hit.  :doofus: Looks like a good day for some indoor stuff, nothin that can't wait on the list anyway. Hope your Thursday is a good 1 & :campfire:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -21 here and the high might get up to -3 they say...  darn cold!!!  got all the snow done yesterday, I sure like that snow blower!!  I only have indoor projects for the next few days other than snow removal..  maybe make a batch of chili today even..  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup it is a cold one and Rebs nailed it on the temp.  Boy those solar panels have really come down in price from what they used to be.  I think I may have one of those Cold Eze things or whatever they are.  Have kind of a scratchy throat.  The wife said quit shaking everyone hands cuz things are going around here.  I do have to remember that.  Puppies and boobies are both nice things aren't they.   :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
  Well its Friday for me today. Got tomorrow off to set up for MDHA banquet tomorrow night. Should be interesting with the weather coming. Plowed four inches of the white stuff off the driveway last night. Have a great day and weekend everyone.  :happy1:

good luck and hope it goes well with weather coming our way!!!   :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! -11 at choretime heading for a blistering 2 above. No dead cats to scrape up so that was a plus. Haircut in ~hr. Punted on attaching the snow blower in the dark last nite. Started the tractor tho and moved it so it's plugged in. Hook the blower up this afternoon so I can freeze, cuss and swear in the daylight. :evil: Debating whether I want to make the trek to Reb's City of Diversity today to pick up the quick hitch I ordered. :scratch: Prolly want to wait until next week. Then I can make an appt. to see Rebs rather than just dropping in on him. Never know what he and the neighbor lady might be up to.  :shocked: 
« Last Edit: January 01/16/20, 10:00:07 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Mornin' gang! -11 at choretime heading for a blistering 2 above. No dead cats to scrape up so that was a plus. Haircut in ~hr. Punted on attaching the snow blower in the dark last nite. Started the tractor tho and moved it so it's plugged in. Hook the blower up this afternoon so I can freeze, cuss and swear in the daylight. :evil: Debating whether I want to make the trek to Reb's City of Diversity today to pick up the quick hitch I ordered. :scratch: Prolly want to wait until next week. Then I can make an appt. to see Rebs rather than just dropping in on him. Never know what he and the neighbor lady might be up to.  :shocked:
yea something like that could be hard to ever get outta you mind!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY!  Why don't you go pack some of yer pickles in yer ears! And here, too.... :moon:

Drop on in, Dotch! I'm back home! Even make ya lunch!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY!  Why don't you go pack some of yer pickles in yer ears! And here, too.... :moon:

Drop on in, Dotch! I'm back home! Even make ya lunch!
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :pouty: WHAT......  just the thought of seeing something between you and the NL has me scarred for life!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, get yer mind outta the gutter then!!! Wait; that didn't sound right... :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Wowzer, this weather must be really nasty. The amount of schools closed tomorrow or closing early, its already a really long list.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -5 this morning and warming up. But that also means the snow is coming. We are in a winter storm warning from noon today until 6 pm tomorrow. Watched the wedder this morning and they have us in the 5-9" range.  I am guessing that this storm will mess up our wood cutting plans for tomorrow. Hopefully get a load on Sunday. Otherwise, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning guys! 2* here, headed for low 20's...?!  Winter Storm Warning here too...but now the morjits are saying only 1-3" total....They sure downsized it fast. Why a warning for today?! All public and private schools and a lot of places closed. Uh, 1-3", starting after 11:00 am, in the city, and we close?! This is Minnysoda, right? I don't get it.  Back when I was a kid..... :rotflmao:  Have a good one guys, and stay safe.

Today

Winter Storm Warning

Snow, mainly after 11am. Patchy blowing snow between 4pm and 5pm. High near 24. Wind chill values as low as -8. Breezy, with a southeast wind 10 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
                                                      :scratch:
« Last Edit: January 01/17/20, 07:36:13 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 10 here and pretty much all the schools are closed already..   Even Alex closed!!  hope your program goes good Markn!!  not much on my agenda today other than watch the snow attack us!!!   but it's the winds that are going to be bad, saying up 45 mph and higher gusts!!!  if ya have to travel stay safe!!!  have a good day all!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we have 11* goin for 23*. The cancelations started rolling across our TV yday afternoon, ~3, & they're 'bout all closed now. I'm hearin 4-6" of  :snow5: now for us beginning around noon today. The wind will play hell with that new stuff tomorrow though as we're 'sposed to have gusts to 40. :scratch: Not much else new, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the news just said 198 schools are closed already... 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
NWS here now changed it to 2-4"...so I checked the local TV weather stations current predics...one has us at heavy snows of  6-10", the other at 4-8"......  :bonk:

I'm just gonna putter and watch it come down. Us retired guys can do that.  :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. It is up to 0.9 here now.  I have us all stocked up for the big storm.  Got my plow truck back so everything is all cleaned up and ready for the next batch.  If you get in a pinch JB I talked to a logger I know yesterday that is cutting tamarack now.  He has a 7 yard truck I think.  He delivers.  May even have some birch.  I think it is around 70 a cord delivered.  ????    Youse guys don't wander to far from home in this storm. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........hard at WORK already!!!!!!!! :pouty: ot wed nite, last night and will be again monday nite........work work work. :confused:

looked at da wedder this morning, they already have blizzard warnings out for western minnesoda and alot of north dakota. da boss gotta be in dickenson by 3, i wish him well!!!!!!!! i have no plans to be here to 4;30, depending on the weather...............

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think you should get a Go-pro strapped to yer car or head and shoot us live video feed!  :cheesy:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........hard at WORK already!!!!!!!!  ot wed nite, last night and will be again monday nite........work work work.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. It is up to 0.9 here now.  I have us all stocked up for the big storm.  Got my plow truck back so everything is all cleaned up and ready for the next batch.  If you get in a pinch JB I talked to a logger I know yesterday that is cutting tamarack now.  He has a 7 yard truck I think.  He delivers.  May even have some birch.  I think it is around 70 a cord delivered.  ????    Youse guys don't wander to far from home in this storm.

Thanks Barry. I will keep that in mind. We did get 6 cord cut last weekend, so we are good now. Just need to keep working on the rest of the 24 cord we plan to cut.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just got a text from one of the stewards in sioux falls.he said its snowing like a beech down there right now!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
They just showed that on TWC.... :doah:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 9 above at choretime heading for a high in the low 20's. Forecast here calling for 4" - 8". Worst part is the 45 mph gusts tomorrow blowing that plus some of the snow they got earlier in the month from the west. Snowmageddon on the way! Put the snow blower on last nite. What a bitch of a time getting it all hooked up. Was about 0 and everything was stiff and/or froze. Sure as hell got me warmed up. Fuel up the tractor & we'll be ready for it.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 9 above at choretime heading for a high in the low 20's. Forecast here calling for 4" - 8". Worst part is the 45 mph gusts tomorrow blowing that plus some of the snow they got earlier in the month from the west. Snowmageddon on the way! Put the snow blower on last nite. What a bitch of a time getting it all hooked up. Was about 0 and everything was stiff and/or froze. Sure as hell got me warmed up. Fuel up the tractor & we'll be ready for it.   
yea i reckon at your age all the wrong things get stiff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

reb said to say that!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: