Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4946928 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Mornin' gang! 9 above at choretime heading for a high in the low 20's. Forecast here calling for 4" - 8". Worst part is the 45 mph gusts tomorrow blowing that plus some of the snow they got earlier in the month from the west. Snowmageddon on the way! Put the snow blower on last nite. What a bitch of a time getting it all hooked up. Was about 0 and everything was stiff and/or froze. Sure as hell got me warmed up. Fuel up the tractor & we'll be ready for it.   
yea i reckon at your age all the wrong things get stiff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

reb said to say that!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Stop doing that, ya little weezle! I'll hit ya with smurf spray and haul yer blue butt in!!!!   :tut:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow just hit here. Morjits are all over the place with their predics...changed it four times now since 6:00 AM.  :rolleyes:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: They were right this time  :crazy: snow started here right ~ noon. Still talkin 4-6" for us.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Started over this way about noon, just like they said. Snowfall prediction here varies with the location of the forecast. The app on my phone is basically set for Albert's Leaf say 4" - 8" and the one on the confuser set with lat-long but is essentially the same for Waseca says 3" - 7". Snowed hard on the 1st wave, 1/4 mile visibility for the 1st half hour, tapering off to more like 1/2 mile visibility now. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I made it home ok. left ramsey it wasn't snowing. by the time I got to Monticello it was snowing. roads where good yet but by the time I got to clearwater the snow was starting to accumulate on the roads, and snow blowing around. windy and snowing like a mother here now.

so, I got the snowblower all gassed up, ready to go, got plenty of food, plenty of beer, plenty of rocket fuel, plenty of mix for said rocket fuel, and plenty of toilet paper...………….let'r buck. :happy1: :dancinred: :snow3: :snow3: :snow5: :snow5: :snow2: :snow4: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
511 already shows no travel advised in the moorhead/ fargo area!!!!!!!!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea Glen, I stocked up also today. Snowing good now in Andover.  Even bought a new gas container at Fleet Farm.  Had a 5 gallon container for 12.98 on sale.  Put some non oxy in it just to make sure I have enough.  They are saying 6 to 9 inches through the night.  Wanted to stuff the summer sausage sausage today but between the grandkids and running around I"ll do it tomorrow.  Not going anywhere tomorrow.  Got some vodka and mix for it also.  We will get through January that we are more than half way through and February and most of the cold weather by then will be over.  I can't complain around here.  My brother had to get up in the morning some weeks ago in Duluth and he had over two feet of snow to deal with.  Got just enough plowed to get his truck out.  That was a tough day.  I'm only dealing with 6 to 9 inches.  But the wind tomorrow will be a beeeech.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Been snowin' and blowin' here since about 1:00. Pretty nasty out, buddy just called, said the roads are slickery and visibility about zip on the highway. I'm gonna attack the leftover meatloaf and smashed taters and stream a movie or two...I sure like that feature!
Stay home home guys and be safe.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
You got it down Reb.  Take care.  good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Been snowin' and blowin' here since about 1:00. Pretty nasty out, buddy just called, said the roads are slickery and visibility about zip on the highway. I'm gonna attack the leftover meatloaf and smashed taters and stream a movie or two...I sure like that feature!
supposed you got broke back mountain tuned up ready to go huh! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: most be the happy hour juice!! :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Turned to sleet here in the last hour, sounds like we're in for more too. With the winds predicted tomorrow the power companies could be busy. :pouty:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
supposed you got broke back mountain tuned up ready to go huh! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: most be the happy hour juice!! :rotflmao:

:angry: :taz: That was meen and krewl, ya flea-bitten polecat!!!! Now I'm gonna turn on the devious tricks button!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: awe come on man, I only do it cause I  love like a brudder. :happy1:

Wait I currently don't like my brother. :pouty: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/17/20, 07:10:13 PM by glenn57 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is windy as heck here and actually blowing the hard snow off the roofs of the garage and house here.   :happy1:  Not much new snow has happened yet and that is ok. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

I know that! And you know I know! But yer soooooo much fun to poke!  Even Mikey Gunner ...oh, never mind.  :rotflmao: :bonk:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Still snowin' and blowin' here, dang it!  :angry:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Snow has tapered off, some wrap around snow expected overnight & tomorrow, <1/2". Ruby isn't coming back in the house after potty time looking like a powdered donut so that's a good sign. Looks like ~3" - 4" on the ground. Wind still SE at 23 mph gusting to 26. Drifts in places ~ 18" deep but we'll wait to move much of it until after the NW wind gets done w/the 40 - 45 mph gusts tomorrow.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I know that! And you know I know! But yer soooooo much fun to poke!  Even Mikey Gunner ...oh, never mind.  :rotflmao: :bonk:
days a 2 way street. :mooning: by the way, how's broke back mountain. :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow has tapered off, some wrap around snow expected overnight & tomorrow, <1/2". Ruby isn't coming back in the house after potty time looking like a powdered donut so that's a good sign. Looks like ~3" - 4" on the ground. Wind still SE at 23 mph gusting to 26. Drifts in places ~ 18" deep but we'll wait to move much of it until after the NW wind gets done w/the 40 - 45 mph gusts tomorrow.
I honestly haven't looked outside lately.  Been busy. HH is in OT. :rotflmao: and won't care till morning. :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Quit here a while a go.  Looks like we will get a little more overnight.   25 out at the moment.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

days a 2 way street. :mooning: by the way, how's broke back mountain. :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I.....ahhhhhhh  gawd......... :banghead: :taz:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 16 here now.  Just to guess I would say we got 6" so far.  Ol Sammy had to jump a little to get through the deep snow at the bottom of his ramp.  Kind of a drift there.  Pretty funny cuz he can't jump much anymore.  Snowing very lightly now but looks like it will get stronger in a couple of hours.  Winds still predicted to be about 40 mph.  That will really blow this light stuff around.  Should be an exciting day. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 5 here this morning and that looks to be the high too..   still windy here too..  might just stay home again today with the weather the way it is..  darn hard to tell how much snow we got here..  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Like LPS said 16 here and snowing. His 6" estimate sounds about right. Yep it will be interesting to see what the wind does later with the snow. Going to get the snow blower hooked up on the skid steer after putting some wood in the wood shed. Have a buddy fishing up T Long Point. So I may take a ride up there later and visit with them. Well, just another day in snowadise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we have 28* & that's the high for the day. Not much wind yet but that's 'sposed to change in the next hour or so to blow ~ 25-30 mph most of the day. Looks like we're on the bottom end of their predictions for snow totals. :happy1: I just stuck a tape in it just outside the side door of the garage & it read 4". Have to see how ambitious I feel after shovelin out, could be a hang 'round home day here too. Stay safe if your drivin anywhere & have good day.
« Last Edit: January 01/18/20, 10:39:02 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. 25* and that's the high for today, headed down to -5* tonite. Sleety and breezy out, with fair amount of snow mixed in. Wunnerful stuff. I measure 4.5" so far that  I haveta go play with after breakfast. Supposed to get real windy later. Oh joy.  Have a good one, and stay warm guys.  :coffee:

NWS alert radio just went off......BLIZZARD WARNING issued for Olmsted County.....
Blwoing like crazy here; tough to see in my backyard. Guess i won't be going out to blow after breakfast... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 01/18/20, 09:12:24 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we have 28* & that's the high for the day. Not much wind yet but that's 'sposed to change in the next hour or so to blow ~ 25-30 mph most of the day. Looks like we're on the bottom end of they're predictions for snow totals. :happy1: I just stuck a tape in it just outside the side door of the garage & it read 4". Have to see how ambitious I feel after shovelin out, could be a hang 'round home day here too. Stay safe if your drivin anywhere & have good day.

Didn't you listen to Frankie, Gunner?  :bonk: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...……….not sure how much snow I got here...……….sure wasn't what the terrorists where predicting. had 11 a bit ago. getting windy here as the steam coming out of chimneys is get bent over as soon as it lifts out. thing i'll wait till tomorrow to do most my snow removal. doing things twice is overrated. probably shovel a bit to get by. plows went through already!

think glenn is going to play suzie homemaker today. been a while since we washed the walls in the house. good day to do it, and it'll keep me from getting bored.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
it clouded back up now. cant tell if its snowing again or its just the wind blowing it around...….or both!!!!! but its blowing pretty good right now. :pouty: :pouty: