Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902927 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm in Baudette Scenic. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: :pouty: :doah: :doah: :embarrassed: MAN I sure aint feeling the love here!!!!!!!!!!!! :bonk: :doah: :confused: :banghead: :taz: :confused: :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Give it a bit....you will be!  :evil:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: :pouty: :doah: :doah: :embarrassed: MAN I sure aint feeling the love here!!!!!!!!!!!! :bonk: :doah: :confused: :banghead: :taz: :confused: :confused:

awww come on it's all about you buddy!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
"To get love, one must first give love".  :kiss: :kiss:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm in Baudette Scenic.

I figured you had to be from up north someplace when you said Stittsworth Bacon....yes good stuff.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So what is your story Scenic?

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
So what is your story Scenic?

So what you want to know?   I haven't been on fishing boards for a while and have had little time to fish.   From Bemidji.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Do you work, or are you retired?

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Still work for myself as a truck dispatcher.  Occasionally will drive if I feel then need to get away.  I also do some truck brokering as well.  Backing way off this year so I can enjoy things I used to enjoy more like fishing.   

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome Scenic!
I got room in the basement for a few Dotch.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks, Roony 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

I gottcha love right heah....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Sing it, Delmont.... :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: February 02/12/20, 03:31:28 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:pouty: you smokin dope again Del!!!!!!!!!!! :smoking: :pouty:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't bother watching it after seeing the cover... Afternoon peoples,  welcome aboard scenic!! Well it was 30 when I went in this morning and still 30 this afternoon on da way home, but with a serious case of a skirt alert kinda breeze.. Well after digging out nords otta da freezer for pickling I found up two packages of Walleyes, pretty sure if I dangle them and some flowers I shouldn't need to go anywhere Friday!!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: February 02/12/20, 04:11:19 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they've already closed a bunch of schools/daycares/churches here, and talking closing public schools for the next two days because of the cold.....what do they do up there where you guys live, and its REALLY cold?!!  Sheesh! These kids are off more than they are in school!  :doah:

https://www.kaaltv.com/article/13145/

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hearing that too.. crazy!!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
. welcome aboard scenic!!

Thank you.  Good to see an active board and some good fun in here.

For the most part, unless the roads are hazardous, or the windchill is way down there , its school as normal.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they've already closed a bunch of schools/daycares/churches here, and talking closing public schools for the next two days because of the cold.....what do they do up there where you guys live, and its REALLY cold?!!  Sheesh! These kids are off more than they are in school!  :doah:

https://www.kaaltv.com/article/13145/
Exactly,  half the kids wear scarfs year around so I dont see the problem.. :bonk: oh wait, I just found it..
« Last Edit: February 02/12/20, 06:36:15 PM by Bobberineyes »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just looked at #4 school announcements......most are 2 hours late. I used to think the same way but as I get older I seem to caution on the side of safety. especially out In the rural areas. would you want to be out in the country with a bunch of kids with 40 below type windchills and have a bus breakdown??

I've seen it to often on the news.....then these whiny parents are rippin school districts. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
just looked at #4 school announcements......most are 2 hours late. I used to think the same way but as I get older I seem to caution on the side of safety. especially out In the rural areas. would you want to be out in the country with a bunch of kids with 40 below type windchills and have a bus breakdown??

I've seen it to often on the news.....then these whiny parents are rippin school districts. 

Why, they'd just get on their widdle $600 iPhones and call Mummy to come get them in her new, AWD Range Rover....and can you stop at Starbucks on the way and get me a hot chocolate with whipped cream and widdle marshmellows?
The farm kids would already be dressed warm and know enough what to do, I bet.
« Last Edit: February 02/12/20, 07:10:46 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Either last year or the year before the State called a school day off due to cold weather.  SO the school closed here.  The next day it was even colder here but it wasn't a State mandated day off so there was school.  Kind of silly.  The buses are in a heated garage so it was all ok.  BUT just funny that the State called it off when it was actually colder up here the next day.  Pussies!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think a lot of it is these kids seems to have no common sense anymore....I've watched the neighbors 16 yo kid the last couple years actually go out to shovel snow in shorts, with a coat, no gloves, and one time he was actually wearing sandals with socks! Yday, saw a two kids in front of me at the store in basketball shorts, tennies with no socks, and a T-shirts. 15* and windy. Go to the smaller towns and "farm communities" around here, and ya don't see that kinda dopeyness. When it's 20* out, that's just what it is. And parents that are afraid to tell little snookums to wake up and get with it.
« Last Edit: February 02/12/20, 07:55:06 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I think a lot of it is these kids seems to have no common sense anymore....I've watched the neighbors 16 yo kid the last couple years actually go out to shovel snow in shorts, with a coat, no gloves, and one time he was actually wearing sandals with socks! Yday, saw a two kids in front of me at the store in basketball shorts, tennies with no socks, and a T-shirts. 15* and windy. Go to the smaller towns and "farm communities" around here, and ya don't see that kinda dopeyness. When it's 20* out, that's just what it is. And parents that are afraid to tell little snookums to wake up and get with it.

Is it the kids these days or the parents ?   Used to be if the kid was doing something stupid the parents corrected them but nowadays not so much.  For some it would require parenting.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
goes both ways I think.... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang phone says -18 and feels like -38. Brrrr.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to the gang Scenic! I am up North of LPS on Lake of the Woods. -24 here this morning. I don't think we are supposed to get above zero today at all. Not ouch new here. Just another day in paradise. have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -21 here and might make it to -4, a heart wave!!!   sounds like all the schools around here are 2 hours late....   got a few things to do today and that's about it...   have a good day all!!  and stay warm!!!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning.   Thanks Jerkbait.   It's a bit brisk without question.  I'm showing -26 right now.   I think I will pass on even the idea of fishing today.   :rotflmao: