Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901582 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looks like another nice day.  I got some of that mess of downed trees cleaned up yesterday.  Got all of the branches and ugly stuff taken care of.  Nice firewood is left to do.  Will get to use the splitter on lots of whats left.  I get great enjoyment out of using it since I made it from scratch.  BUT today is Dentist day.  I wonder what that will be like?  I am thinking space suits type garb.  The wife has the rest of the week off too so that is great!   :sleazy:  Well you all have a nice day.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, very gray morning but no rain in the forecast...  59 going for 75...  got my first batch of asparagus last night and it was a nice amount!!  good eating this weekend!!!  going to make a quick run into Alex this morning to resupply..    have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 53 here and clear this morning. Heading for the upper 70s again today. It was a warm one yesterday. Cut down some dead popal trees yesterday. Still more to do, but I may save that for another day. There other projects that I need to get done. One is fix the lights on my snowmobile trailer. Going to need it to haul the 4 wheelers this weekend. Also since the wind is down in the mornings I may not be able to resist the lake again today. I may need to go try fishing this morning for awhile. We will see. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a  good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
JB, i looked at the weekend forecast..........its going to rain all weekend........may as well stretch that list out threw the weekend. especially inside stuff!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers, like mike said, cloudy here. got the weeds in my landscaping rocks sprayed with roundup and the lawn cut. 2 more things off da honey-doo list!! :happy1: see what i can get crossed off tonight! :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 57 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Supposed to be cloudy all day so there is that. Saw yesterday JB was talking about his bitch tree. Reminds me I want to do some pruning on the river bitch here before I mow the ditch again. Hate getting my glasses ripped off going under that thing. Bad enough hanging on by your toenails mowing without that. May dry off enough so we can get around in the fields w/o getting stuck after lunch. At least we should be able to see where it's still wet. Ta ta!
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 54 here this morning and clear and calm for now. Supposed to get up in the 70s again today. Was up over 80 yesterday. Dang warm. Probably would have put short on but I was rolling around in the gravel driveway trying to fix the lights on my snowmobile trailer. Took me long enough. I thought it was a ground issue so I ran new ground wires all the way to the back of the trailer. What a PITA that was. Only to find out it was actually the plug end on the trailer at the tongue. I could have saved myself about 3 hours of monkeying around if I would have figured that out first. Oh well, done now. Today I will get the antifreeze flush out of the camper lines and get that ready to go for tomorrow. May also run to town and get some tomato plants now that we are finally done freezing here. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 59 here going for 70...  mowed the yard yesterday and man do we need some rain!!  got a few other small things done yesterday and that will the plan for today, just take things as they roll along...  yea Jb those electrical issues can be ornery for sure!!!  have a good day all!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We could use some rain too. Figure that is what it will do on the big holiday weekend. Rain.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Been there before too JB.  Good that you got it figured out.  Ya it was hotter than heck yesterday and I finally did put shorts on later on in the day.  Gonna be hot today too.  The birds are zipping around here this morning.  A black bird landed on the Martin/tree swallow house and they were all dive bombing him til he left.  There are now 2 families of tree swallows in the martin house.  It is one of those tin ones that is white and green.  Glad they are using it.  Well the wife is getting ansy to take off so see ya all later.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 58* now & on our way to 75*. We went up to URL yday, left early(~7) & didn't get back until 6:30 ish. It was cloudy & windy early, we missed our 1st 2  :fish2: then nothin. Went in for an early lunch & it cleared off & the wind went down by the time we got back out. We caught our 1st  :fish2: just before 2 & by 4:30 we had all we could keep. Quite a few up there but not packed as there was room for some more at both the PA's. We seen 82* on the car on the way home so it got a bit warm in the boat towards the end. I've got a few things goin on early today so I better roll. Hope your Thursday's a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 58* now & on our way to 75*. We went up to URL yday, left early(~7) & didn't get back until 6:30 ish. It was cloudy & windy early, we missed our 1st 2  :fish2: then nothin. Went in for an early lunch & it cleared off & the wind went down by the time we got back out. We caught our 1st  :fish2: just before 2 & by 4:30 we had all we could keep. Quite a few up there but not packed as there was room for some more at both the PA's. We seen 82* on the car on the way home so it got a bit warm in the boat towards the end. I've got a few things goin on early today so I better roll. Hope your Thursday's a good 1
translation..........the natives didnt start selling walleyes till 2!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.............i get to be da BOSS today.............as in i'm the only one in the office!!!!!! :smoking: picked a nice bunch of asparagus last nite.  :happy1: got enough now to pickle about 3-4 qts!!!!!!

kinda a wierd morning weather wise!!! :scratch: :scratch: NOT sure what i am going to scratch off the honey doo list tonight........oh the decisions!!!!!!!!! :pouty:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 59 at choretime heding for a high in the upper 60's. Sprinkling a little & more clouds so far. Looking like a wet weekend so could be some quality nap time in my future!  :happy1: Would be nice if it dried off some as the lawn really took off after last weekend's rain & warmer temps. Apple & crabapple trees are at their peak bloom and the bees are going nuts. A lot more bumblebees this spring than I ever recall. Otherwise just livin' the dream... :huh:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
gas was $1.89 in Long Prairie this morning...

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
translation..........the natives didnt start selling walleyes till 2!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  :tut::bs:  You don't read so good do you? :doah: I said URL NOT LRL.  :confused: Besides all the natives we seen were just down the road from your place. :confused: They were all young girls too. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :tut::bs:  You don't read so good do you? :doah: I said URL NOT LRL.  :confused: Besides all the natives we seen were just down the road from your place. :confused: They were all young girls too. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: url/lrl..........same same. same body of water!!!!!!!!

:tut: :tut: and you dont drive past the road we use to go the cabin for you to get to URL!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
dang dotch........... thats a drastic haircut you got there from the last avatar picture to this new one!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

you didnt happen to donate all that hair to locks of love did ya!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Try  :fishing: on LRL & you'll end up where you belong...............................in jail! ;) :laugh: :laugh: In fact the western 15-20% of URL in Res waters & that'll get your :moon: in a jam too. :rolleyes: :nerd: :nerd: So you don't use Co Rd 4? :banghead: :bonk:                                        :tut: :mooning: :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
dang dotch........... thats a drastic haircut you got there from the last avatar picture to this new one!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

you didnt happen to donate all that hair to locks of love did ya!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:
He savin it to mix with a fresh batch of chocolate covered peanuts he just harvested from the barn so that he can send it to a special friend. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Try  :fishing: on LRL & you'll end up where you belong...............................in jail! ;) :laugh: :laugh: In fact the western 15-20% of URL in Res waters & that'll get your :moon: in a jam too. :rolleyes: :nerd: :nerd: So you don't use Co Rd 4? :banghead: :bonk:                                        :tut: :mooning: :pouty:
Yea from talmoon to before the spring lake store. Then we go up 29. From the cabin. If we go to red we, of I would head up 29 till we hit 46.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: You go to Red?  :doah:  :laughroll: :laughroll: They catch walleyes there so why would you go there? :crazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: You go to Red?  :doah:  :laughroll: :laughroll: They catch walleyes there so why would you go there? :crazy:
:pouty: :pouty: i've been to red 4 times!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead:
once back in the day of the crappie boom.
once with some friends at the end of the crappie boom and before the state stalked all the walleyes.
a couple years ago, with cookie when we had the MNO G-T-G, and,
once in open water..........when they had the G-T-G at cookies.........you know the one where you where to good for us!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
once with some friends at the end of the crappie boom and before the state stalked all the walleyes.
once in open water..........when they had the G-T-G at cookies.........you know the one where you where to good for us!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sooo how do you stalk a walleye??  I heard they stocked them up there...  just askin!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

sooo how do you stalk a walleye??  I heard they stocked them up there...  just askin!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:pouty: :pouty: :doah: :taz: :taz: :taz: yea OK REB!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :evil: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
why did I know you were going to say that!!!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut:  You mean the last time your wife came up with you & she caught all your  :fish2:  :sleazy: :evil: :nerd: :nerd: Besides we had company for the open water 1, you know what that is right?  :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 05/21/20, 06:23:47 PM by Gunner55 »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Went for a hike with the warden when she got home from work. Found a few morels, not many, and some leeks. Some people call them ramps I call them leeks.Saw some wood ducks which was cool.Wasn't easy hiking but she kept up pretty good with her new knee. I didn't have to prod her too much with my shrooming stick.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Friday to everyone. Canceled my plans to go to deer camp for the weekend. Figured I'd watch it rain from home instead. Maybe clean the garage and throw some stuff (junk) out and make room for more newer and different stuff (junk). Have a great holiday weekend!!!! Stay dry and stay safe. :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yea I hope we get rain Mark!!  looks like they lowered the chance of it too for us..  56 going for 69 today..  not much going on today here but will find some things to do I'm sure..  have a good day all!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 54 here heading for the lower 70s today. Not going to be as warm now that the weekend is upon us. Went grovery shopping with the wife last night and we stopped at the green house in Roseau and got a couple new bitch trees to replace the ones that died. I got those planted last night after we got home. Boy the skeeters are getting vicious. We need a NW wind to blow them back down to LPS's house. You can have them back Barry. I have been doing the Barry all week. Getting up and sending the wife off to work. I could get used to this, but it is only temporary. This morning is finish packing up the camper and load the 4 wheelers before Linda gets home. She is working until noon. Then off to Effie we will go. Also picked up a couple of tomato plants yesterday, so I need to get them in the ground. I will be off the grid for a few days. So you boys be good now. Have a good holiday weekend!