Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4947687 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 72 at choretime heading for a high in the low 90's. Made 90 here yesterday so shorts will be standard attire in the fields today. Some heavy weather possible later afternoon in to the evening so will be keeping an eye on that. Waiting for the buyer to come so we can load up 13 cull ewes. Will be great to get these feed burners out of the equation. Enough frustrations without dealing with animals that are underachievers or will be potential problems down the road.

how does that work on smurfs I wonder???   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Who was that masked man?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 72 at choretime heading for a high in the low 90's. Made 90 here yesterday so shorts will be standard attire in the fields today. Some heavy weather possible later afternoon in to the evening so will be keeping an eye on that. Waiting for the buyer to come so we can load up 13 cull ewes. Will be great to get these feed burners out of the equation. Enough frustrations without dealing with animals that are underachievers or will be potential problems down the road.

how does that work on smurfs I wonder???   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Glad you said it.  LOL

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mission accomplished, back from Waterloo already. :happy1: Car only read 88* as we hit town. :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
been listening to thunder for an hour and half just finally now getting some rain..  not very heavy but it's rain!!  had my running around done by 1030... 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
2/10ths of rain, but the temp really took a hit!!!   we were at 80 and now it's 65!!!   :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, if you plan to furlough again you need to login in to your account each week and claim a benefit even if you work to keep the account active.
OK thanks for the advice. i plan on filing for last week on wed where they say my SSN says i can!!!!!
You can request a payment any day of the week. Just when you stated the claim you had to go by your social.
:pouty: so confusing!!!!!!!!!!
:scratch: Like that phone? :doah:                                             :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like things are about to get real here. A band of stuff has formed west of Mankato, is enlarging & sinking slowly this direction. After seeing 97 on the truck thermometer I'm ready for a G&T following chores. Hell I'm always ready for a G&T!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got done mowing and wouldn't ya know.  Hubert is coming up the driveway.   :sleazy:  Hey I just read today in last weeks Outdoor News that they caught those guys who poached the grouse.  $250 fine and $50 restitution.  The guy said he has been waiting for them to show up since he has seen it in the news too.  LOL 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just seen on the news Dotch your area and roony's take care!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Glenn, if you plan to furlough again you need to login in to your account each week and claim a benefit even if you work to keep the account active.
OK thanks for the advice. i plan on filing for last week on wed where they say my SSN says i can!!!!!
You can request a payment any day of the week. Just when you stated the claim you had to go by your social.
:pouty: so confusing!!!!!!!!!!
:scratch: Like that phone? :doah:                                             :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:
uppers!!!!!! :crazy: :confused: :banghead: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I just got back from Sioux falls...…….hwy 23 up, didn't run into much rain...…...but here in cold spring had a bit over half inch!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.50 here this morning heading for a high of 78 today. Another nice clear clam morning. Planted some maple trees last night that we brought home from the daughter's. I have 4 more to plant tonight. At least these only cost me some time. The biggest battle is keeping the deer from eating them over the winter. Need to figure something out to cover them this winter. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 66* now & goin for 85*. Some thunder & lightening here last night about 8:30 but no rain. It looked like most of the nasty stuff stayed north of us last night. Heard of some 74 mph winds up by Forest City though, which is ~ an hour west & a bit north of us though. A couple things on my list for early today, nothin real pressing. Have a good day.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Another nice night last night cooled things off nice in the house.  I am going to spray burdock today whilst it is still small.  Take 2 2 gallon sprayers full to do the whole estate.  Got the new battery in the pontoon yesterday so that is ready to go. Not sure what else will take place today.  Maybe that is enough.  Have a great day and stay out of trouble. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 61 here going for 80..  nice looking day for sure...   still need the rain here too..  15 miles away they got at least a 1/2 inch...  1/10 here..  that is the way it goes...   going to make a re-suppy run today into Alex..  not much else going on so have a good day all!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see there was some damage by Waseca, Owatonna, New Richmond.  Must be pretty close to Dotch.  Hope he is ok. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 66 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. .56" of precip at the ranch & 1.07" in Bugtussle. We're OK but it roughed things up locally. After seeing 97 on the thermometer yesterday one could sense nothing good would come of it. Reputedly wind gusts of 60+ mph in places. Tore off the steeple on the country church up the road. Took down a lot of trees. We had damage to only one tree & luckily it didn't land on the fence. Plenty of hail damage in areas. Probably won't hurt the corn all that much but some of the soybeans will ilkely need to be replanted. Got the ewes & lambs weaned off this a.m. Caught a hoof in the thigh so that'll leave a mark. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got my re-supply run done...  and scored some St. Louis style spare ribs for $1.99!!!  Markn that was at Eldens if you're interested...  ribs on the smoker this weekend!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
 Thanks Mike, still have four or five left from the last run and just put a half a porker in the freezer. How much rain you get yesterday? half inch here. :happy1:

mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Mike, still have four or five left from the last run and just put a half a porker in the freezer. How much rain you get yesterday? half inch here. :happy1:

any time Markn!!!

1/10 is all, rain all around us too!!! 
« Last Edit: June 06/03/20, 01:20:35 PM by mike89 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  I dumped out just under an inch no hail her but a buddy about a mile away had dime size. I too thought of Dotch last night, good to hear he didn't have much damage.  Other good news my covid test came back negative so that was a relief but who knows with all the construction guys one runs into that it doesn't catch up to one anyhow. Gotta get the grill going soon for burglars,  that'll get momma going...See ya!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The picture I saw of the church in Dotch's area looked like it blew the steeple right off. Electric poles were also snapped in that ares.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
One pic of last nites damage at LeSueur River Luthern. Think they were hauling it out of there tonite
« Last Edit: June 06/03/20, 09:13:10 PM by Dotch »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, Dotch is that the church where the steeple came off?   62 here going for 82 they say..  getting my silver locks cut off this morning!!! :happy1:  I'm looking forward to that!!!!  need to mow the yard too...  have a good day all!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Mowinfg your head and mowing the lawn. Good plan Mike. :happy1: :happy1: Morning boys. 55 here heading for 70 something today. Already having a fun day at work today. Stupid 3D printer quit working on me last night.  :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 66* presently & on our way to the upper 80's. We've got a couple of dentist appts here in town this morning so on the move early. We've got some business in Mason City for early this afternoon too so it'll be a busy day. Been a recent change of plans for us as we just found out Sis has next week off & they're heading north this weekend. We're plannin on goin right back up again now too, early tomorrow morning. I better roll, hopin your Thursday's a good 1.
« Last Edit: June 06/04/20, 07:23:04 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Another beautiful morning here.  59 now.  May take a run to the landfill to get rid of recycleables.  Good excuse to take Buddy for a drive.  Got the burdoc all sprayed yesterday.  Only took 1 1/2 2 gallon tanks.  Slowly gaining on it.  A little less of it each year.  Now I need to do the glyphosphate around buildings to eliminate weed whipping as much as possible.  Sure makes my job easier and that is what is all about right?  LLL  My new boat wasn't going to arrive until mid July and now they told me I may see it in a couple of weeks.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:  I am pretty pumped about it.  Gonna be the perfect boat for me.  Tired of old stuff that I have to work on.  A friend has one of the 115 Mercs and said it is great on gas.  That is good to hear.  And it has a 41 gallon tank so I shouldn't have to worry about running out.  I may have to borrow some money from Glenn to fill it up though.   :rotflmao:  That is good news on the test Bobber.  Well 1 more cup of java before more cinnamon Life and almond milk for breakfast.  Have a good one!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
G'morning.  Started out clear and sunny but see some clouds moving in this morning.  We have escaped the rains the last couple of times and could really use a bit but we don't need it in the form of storms.  Trying to convince myself I really need to be working but the thought of fishing is beginning to take over.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 66 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. No storms overnite so that's a plus. Lots of whining about the hail damage yesterday and plenty of "experts" coming out of the woodwork. The hail insurance folks who have the final say always tell these guys it's too early to know if the plants are going to recover yet. Need to give it a few days. Had one lamb that apparently found a way to get back in with his mommy so will deal with him accordingly tonite. He better figure it out. Animals that misbehave tend to have shortened lifespans here at the ranch.

Church photo before the windstorm. Was a landmark one could see for miles. Not sure what the plan is there. Steeples are a PITA to maintain. Friend of mine, actually the neighborhood sheep shearer was in on the clean up. Said they found some bottles of beer he and some of his buddies stashed up there when they were teenagers then forgot about.

« Last Edit: June 06/04/20, 08:57:06 AM by Dotch »