Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905591 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
So RH did you and your brother have some Metallica playing too?  lol

I'd say that trip would be more of a James Taylor mode..... ;)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad you had a great time up in God's country.  Love that area as well Coffee.  Ya Glen I get along with my brother great along with his buddies who are also retired cops and served together.  Never run out of adult beverages when I'm with them.  No Metalica.  My brother likes the 70's through 90"s rock and that's what he played in the boat.  I do have Metalica CD's from their black album up to today.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 i  get along with my brother to.......as long as he stays in wisconsin!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: naw just kidding, we get along pretty well, it just the  :bs: :bs: flies pretty regular...........thats why i'm the way  am.......its his fault!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
i  get along with my brother to.......as long as he stays in wisconsin!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: naw just kidding, we get along pretty well, it just the  :bs: :bs: flies pretty regular...........thats why i'm the way  am.......its his fault!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

like you needed help getting there!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like he's displacing his BS aggression on his brothers shoulders....... :scratch:  ;)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Pffftt!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning time to pound the pavement. Itasca county here I come

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We got 2" of rain last night.  That may be the biggest rain we had all year.  Been so dry that there aren't even puddles here.  Got coffee going and going to be a hang around the house day today.  Have to see if the Gophers play today.  Too wet to golf, may have to go sit in a stand with my crossbow later. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all, we had 61 & a light mist going on early. With all the thunder & lightning late yday we didn't go out :fishing:. Another .8 in the gauge this morning. Wind switched & came up before he even got here this time :bonk:  ;) :smiley:. Not sure we'll see much of a warm up today, so it looks like college football for me too. I might try to go for a boat ride if the weather gives us a break. Have a good 1, everybody
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
66* and rain. T-boomers at about 4:00 am this morning and rain. Boy, do we need it. Dry as a bone. Even watered yday since Delmar told me it'll cost next to nothing, and that's about my cash flow...next to nothing. Lotsa leaves down. Now it smells like that wunnerful, damp, Fall smell. Reminds me of hunting. Have a good weekend, guys.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
In deer river. See ya Monday!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
In deer river. See ya Monday!!

Ahh, peace and quiet on MNO!  :rotflmao:   "Morming, Glenn! Have fun! Try to catch at least ONE  :fish2:.....

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellas, getting ready to go on our morning walk, yesterday on our walk the pooch was in and out of the woods and must have pist off some ground bees, cuz the wife and i got zapped a few times  :angry2: hopefully not today. Looking forward to the vikes game a few brews and finger food later.  Have a good one boys!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' folk...big temp change last nite with da boomers. 50*, cloudy, and soggy right now. Had a thunderclap so loud at 1:00 am it brought me about a foot up outta the nest. Rained off 'n on. Supposed to clear up later. No plans other than to take some prime  fresh-picked 'maters over to Delphonic this afternoon. Hope I don't interrupt his ViQueens game... :rotflmao:  Have a good Sunday, all.  :coffee:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  It is cool and windy up here.  45 right now.  I went fishing for an hour last night but didn't even get a bite.  I thought maybe with it being misty and overcast things may be better than that.  It did feel good just to get out.  Buddy and Sammy like coming along too.  Well Rebs and Mike the wife found me some of your 15 bean mix yesterday.  Today I am going to make ham and bean soup.  Good day for it.  I think I will boil the beans and the ham bone at the same time. Then later add the ham I cut off and the carrots and celery and onions and let it simmer for an hour or so.  The beans are soaking now and the project will start about 3 or 4.  SO after the Vikes game.  Well I have to go check to see if Bradford it playing today.  He has knee problems.  What next???

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck on da soup, Barry! I've got my smoked pigger hocks, and some smoked ham steak chunks in da freezer. A bag of navy and a bag of northern whites in the cupboard...I'm all set to go. Put a couple of drops of liquid smoke in that soup barry.... :tongue:  You can also do a good 15 bean one with ham in the crock pot, too.
« Last Edit: September 09/17/17, 08:12:45 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, kinda nice around here again this weekend. :happy1: ;) :laugh: Oh he'll catch 1 alright,  Reb.  :drinking: :rotflmao: A pretty steady light mist here all day yday, nothin measurable in the gauge. It was 51 with ~ 10 mph WNW wind goin allready a little after 5, so no :fishing: again today. Sure hope Bradford can go & that the Vikes are just tryin to lure the Steelers into their trap. ;) Hope you get to enjoy your Sunday 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' folk...big temp change last nite with da boomers. 50*, cloudy, and soggy right now. Had a thunderclap so loud at 1:00 am it brought me about a foot up outta the nest. Rained off 'n on. Supposed to clear up later. No plans other than to take some prime  fresh-picked 'maters over to Delphonic this afternoon. Hope I don't interrupt his ViQueens game... :rotflmao:  Have a good Sunday, all.  :coffee:
Would you PLEASE re caulk his tub for him while you're there.  :sleazy:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

My tub is just fine, thank you very much.   The shower downstairs is another story.   Nothing he could do to help that.  I even used his magic caulk.....  Just needs to be removed and replaced periodically.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Sorry, Roonster, we were outside watching Del's bird herds, and discussing highly intriguing things like boat motors and proper searing of steaks. I did keep a keen eye peeled for the soused-up verde thingie, but I couldn't spy it anywhere. I'm sure Delmar's missus had hidden it away before my arrival to prevent him attempting to attack me with it if brought up in a negative manner. There were some curious neighbors peering around the trees though, when Del's squeals of delight hit a crescendo after opening the sack of 'maters I gave him. I also came home with a vacuum packed bag of the pigger he smoked last nite, unless it's really that pesky 'possum that's been stealing his grass seed, all soused-up.    :shocked: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: September 09/17/17, 06:09:40 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I would have demonstrated my sous vide but I figured you weren't interested in anything that scientific.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Del! Of course I was! We coulda hooked it to the inverter I had and smoked a skwirrel with it!!  Or even cured that shower caulking of yers!  :shocked:      How were the 'mater's? Gonna do the pigger on buns tomorrow... :tongue:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Tomatoes were great.  I ate two for dinner.   Hope you like the Q. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just another Monday.....  The Vikes blew it yesterday so will be a long week wondering about our future...  Oh well life goes on. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin fella, yes LPS life goes on...  today I'm off to see the wizard, I mean the folks at the VA and get Kaperoscopy... oh yea!!!  so needless to say I didn't do much yesterday other than stay in the house....  wonder why??  they say this a good thing to get, I sure wonder???  well have a good day all....   time to go, oh nooooo......

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, just another Monday. Houdini the bear is still out and about. He is smarter than the average bear. Not sure if I will be able to get another crack at him. May have to try and sneak down during the week one night. Well, have a good one boys!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
46 here early, light breeze too so we stayed in :fishing:. I seen 1 report that Zimmer is now sayin that Mr. B might not be ready yet next week. :undecided: There's some yard work I can mess with today as the weekend's wind / rain brought down a bunch of leaves, a few branches too. It looks like I can mow again 1 of these next couple days as well. Might just postpone the chores as I could really use a couple hrs in the boat too. Good luck with your Dr.'s visit Mike. Have a good 1