Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900915 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Morin everyone,Got off work at noon yesterday, and have today off also, most time Ive had in 2 months. got a little loopy last night, but accomplished alot prior, and everythiing seems intact. got just a small project or two to finish up and things will be looking good. today me and the wife are going for a bick ride, meet her mom in a ark with other family members for a mothersday picnic. bring ove some flowers and acard to my mom before we go, yada yada yada. hoping maybe next weekend I can fish for a day. will see, have a great day guys and gals..
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Boar? Loopy? That I find hard to believe although I can read your posts better when I'm loopy!  ;) Good mornin' all! Fixin' to get ready to commence thinking about what I should do for the rest of the day. Dew's still on in the windbreak so probably should get the tiller out form between the spot where it's wedged between a couple wagons and tear into it. By the time I get that done it should be dried off and time to mow. I have a half chicken that finally thawed out so need to get that on the grill sometime today. Get some apple wood soaking so we can smoke it up good first. Need to get cleaned up a bit too sometime today. Getting past the Don Johnson look and if I ain't careful, pretty quick I'll start to look like Billy Gibbons or Dusty Hill! Maybe a spin in the Stude on tap although I may be flying solo if I do. Have to grab some Poligrip and Depends then go cruise the nursing homes! Works like a charm.  ;D
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Ill be taking the wife to the golf club for dinner then off to deliver flowers to both our mom's.   Next it's off to the golf course where the wife and I are going to hit 9.  Not sure what's for supper.   Have a good one fellas :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
had a real good ride with me ladies. had a park piccnicc wjth ma inlaw and nicce jag home. good day

[attachment deleted by admin]
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
whats ccreeping ccharlie. glenn in highscchool?😂😂😂
creepy....naw u was a chick magnet! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Back to the old grind....NOT! I'm still turkey hunting. ....
We've been having problems with fox. So I have put out a few live traps....I'll check them later this morning. I drew up some plans for a raised garden, and picked up the lumber yestetday. Drinking my coffee, I noticed we still have a haze from the Northern fires. Suppose to rain later...

Hope you all are doing well!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning.  Had a pretty good brunch yesterday, then smomed the ribs and had the potato salad yesterday evening.  The ribs turned out great.  I rubbed them a day ahead and did the Fast Eddy method.  275 for about 3 - 3 1/2 hours.  No foil.  I did swab on some orange juice with a little apple cider vinegar a few times.  Then they were looking a little dry so I did a little drizzle of olive oil.  Turned out nice and juicy and were not at all mushy.  The potato salad turned out great too.  I don't make it often so always wonder about it.  The wife loved it so that is a good test.. 

Well have a good one today, I have to get going.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Easy

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: February 02/26/17, 04:52:55 PM by Easy »

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Easy-  I hadn't even seen your post and I was going to title it "Three People Who Could Kick My Ass".  It's a great photo Boar.

Wife was in a "mood" this morning.  I could sense it when I seen her  ;) in the bathroom getting ready.  I went and layed in bed and googled "what to do when wife is upset" since I never seem to handle it right.  I gave the three tips a whirl and now the author of the tips is in the camp of not doing the right thing too, it's nice to have company.  I got a whirl wind of tasks to do thrown at me and then a solution to a "what if" issue that got so far down the road I had to put the stop sign up telling her to hold her powder until the "what if" actually comes true.  That did it...I was officially in trouble with her but she was just looking for something so whatever...  She then tried to buzz kill my upcoming fishing weekend as she walked out the door.  She looked pretty good when she left but I didn't give in to telling her, what a gal!!!

Made the wife her favorite dessert, key lime pie yesterday.   It's a complete layup recipe you pour in Graham Cracker crust:

2 egg yolks, add one can 14oz of Sweetened Condensed milk, 1/2 cup lime juice and some grated rind if you want.  Beat it for about 90 seconds.  Bake at 350 for 15 minutes and then put in fridge for two hours.  Put whipping cream on top when you serve it.

Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning all!!!!!! kinda moving slow. got the garden all in this weekend and found muscles and body parts that apparently haven't been used for a while!!!!!!

I see mr reb has been noticeably absent...........sure hope the neighbor lady unties him soon!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Back to work :doah:

Not sure what the evening will be bringing yet.   Have a good one fellas

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Back to work :doah:

Not sure what the evening will be bringing yet.   Have a good one fellas
you work?????????????? didn't you tell me you had a better gig then I had?????????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
morning all!!!!!! kinda moving slow. got the garden all in this weekend and found muscles and body parts that apparently haven't been used for a while!!!!!!

I see mr reb has been noticeably absent...........sure hope the neighbor lady unties him soon!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Reb is never absent.  As far as  yer "neighbor lady" fantasy goes, she walked by while I was running the boat yday, dressed in a lime green shirt and white stretch pants. (they'd haveta be) Looked like a bloated key-lime popsicle. I mentioned I have an acquaintance she might like to meet...he likes traveling, eating in scenic restaurants, and as I under stand it, laying pipe for some secret union. Gave her yer address. She headed for home so fast she'll have to jake brake a block away to get down into slow mode.
As far as yer reference to "muscles and body parts that haven't been used", there's only one part I can figger you are talking about...yer head. One and the same. I wouldn't worry though, I'm sure you don't need to utilize it that much.  :rotflmao:
OH, good morning guys, and Smurfy! Busy weekend. Did a boat and trailer front to back final check and fired up...cranked over about four times and *VROOOOM*. Ready to hit the water. I mixed some of Del's "saucy racha"  (Sriracha sauce) with some hickory BBQ sauce and a bit of teriyaki glaze. Don't know what ya'd call it, but I think I've got a hit.  Had that on some apple wood smoked chicken on the grill, with some maple beans and bacon cheddar pasta, with the ever present green tops and fresh big radishes. Finished off with with a big bowl of maple nut ice cream. So, I guess it was a good weekend over all, and the weather was perfect. Have a good day, guy......

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:no secret union and no pipe laying. We keep the world going. Food bridges electricity..    The important stuff rookies can't handle; :bow:
Have a good one buddy!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:no secret union and no pipe laying. We keep the world going. Food bridges electricity..    The important stuff rookies can't handle; :bow:
Have a good one buddy!

That's kinda what your wife said up on red...."No lay'in pipe"....
Lord forgive me fur that one.....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Have a good one buddy!

OK. yer forgiven, but next time put it in bigger letters.   :happybounce:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Have a good one buddy!

ha ha funny guy..........you to mr reb!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrr! lol!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And here you were wondering where I was.... :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good morning! Rain falling after a weekend where most guys should've finished up their soybean planting. Some were worrying that their corn was crusted over so this should help alleviate that. I like rain if it comes nice and easy like today especially when it's timely. Was a good weekend of grilling and getting garden ready for action. The rain should help soften it up for when it's fit again. I am stiff after running the tiller for about 6 hours yesterday. Was glad the wife decided to just stay home last night so I could play on the grill. House still smelled like a BBQ inside this a.m. so that'll be nice to come home to. I gave her a rain check on taking advantage of me in the Stude so I'll have to be on guard for that. Be sleeping with one eye open just in case...  ;)
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning! Rain falling after a weekend where most guys should've finished up their soybean planting. Some were worrying that their corn was crusted over so this should help alleviate that. I like rain if it comes nice and easy like today especially when it's timely. Was a good weekend of grilling and getting garden ready for action. The rain should help soften it up for when it's fit again. I am stiff after running the tiller for about 6 hours yesterday. Was glad the wife decided to just stay home last night so I could play on the grill. House still smelled like a BBQ inside this a.m. so that'll be nice to come home to. I gave her a rain check on taking advantage of me in the Stude so I'll have to be on guard for that. Be sleeping with one eye open just in case...  ;)
maybe you need to sub a pinch hitter one of these days!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Caught some kinda bug last night, I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning with little sleep last night. Oh well,  I got the recycle can down to the end of the driveway while I'm waiting for my coffee to perk. Hopefully have enough ambition to finish the garden box today. Have a good morning fella's!

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
HD hope the bug is short one.

Alas!  I had a dream last night that involved the outdoors.  I won't boar you with this one but my son and I were at an archery shop and a guy tried to sell me a bow that looked like a big wake board ski that was almost taller than me.  When you bent at the hips to shoot it like you would in a tree stand the bottom end hit the floor.  That's dreams for ya.

Seems this year for opener I've lost control of the troops a bit.  Ya know that rule you learned years ago where you don't invite others on a trip you were invited too?  It's taught in the 101 class I always thought but some missed that class.  Yesterday I had to check with an invitee on how many guys we were going to have, maybe a thing I myself would know since it's my place.  This morning I see another was invited and I was asked to delay my departure time to accommodate this person???  I have my limits. 

Pat your wife's butt today if you normally don't.  They always love that!

Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
mornin fellers. not much news to touch on today, off to work, caught up yesterday with about 900 acres i fertilized. nuthing on thesheet at the end of the day, so might have a shopday, hard to say with this job. would like to go fishing this weekend but wife is working and if I have any time it better be put towrds things around here for grad. Just gota get past that. if thing go well that weekend, after the Grad party we'll be heading over to kellier for a 4 wheeler run at Viggiepalooza. have a great day guys.!
78.50"

Offline Moon Lake Refuge

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Not a great morning... Woke up to my daughter full of vomit(Shes two).  Not the way to get a good start to the day!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Sorry to her MLR hope the little one feels better soon.  Just another day of work for this guy.  It's nice to see some rain but if it quits by 5PM that would be great.

Offline Moon Lake Refuge

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
rain is starting to fall off in the east metro with maybe a few minutes of sun this afternoon.  Hope it clears up for you.  I have two and a half weeks before I get to head back to the cabin for some fun so no more checking the weather for me for awhile :/

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning...............momma's cooking up a pot of chili  for chow tonite! hoping to go check my asparagus tonite. hit the mother load last week!!!!!!

I see someones having fun wit da smite button at my expense!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 05/10/16, 09:44:39 AM by glenn57 »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
morning...............momma's cooking up a pot of chili  for chow tonite! hoping to go check my asparagus tonite. hit the mother load last week!!!!!!

I think your buddy Boar is having a little fun.  I'll give you an applaud to turn the table. :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I think your buddy Boar is having a little fun.  I'll give you an applaud to turn the table. :happy1:
i'm sure he is!!!!!!!!!! I texted him about it. he isn't denying it.!!!!!! oh well someones gotta be da leader in that dept!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 1 hours.

Dang Glenn you get "Smited" faster then I can applaud.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: May 05/10/16, 10:18:18 AM by The General »