Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903423 times)

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
morning...............momma's cooking up a pot of chili  for chow tonite! hoping to go check my asparagus tonite. hit the mother load last week!!!!!!

I see someones having fun wit da smite button at my expense!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!
MMMM Chilli sounds great.I was outside at 6 this morn ITS CHILLY!!!!! Dang riding mowers both need work sharpening especially. Think Sandy is making tatter tot hotdish another favorite!!
 Off to a doc today get my plan to kick the opioids!! 3 1/2 years on em I cant understand how people get addicted I dislike them! that lazy low feeling>>OH well Thats why I'm goin.Need another smite 57??? I'll hold off fer now tho!!! Be nice
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So your the@$-!%$ culprit! :bonk: :doah:  bring it on :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
So your the@$-!%$ culprit! :bonk: :doah:  bring it on :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
NOPE Twernt me cept one yesterday I told ya about!! I dont use that feature cept for jokin around so If I do ya one you'll know I'll tell ya!!! cause yer a favorite here yer the only one I'd use it on! :surrender: :bow:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Morning gone and about time for afternoon caffeine already. Rainfall was over for the time being too with .92" in the gauge at home and .81" in Bugtussle and environs. Had to go out on a crop tour since after all, gas is free. Stuff looks pretty good all things considered. Corn emergence is a little spotty in some fields but they should fill in the gaps in most places except in high traffic areas. Looks like another ugly headland year. Early planted soybeans are just emerging and if you go slow and squint hard enough you can almost row them. Just not warm enough to make them pop yet. Gray weather makes me nappy so better find that caffeine and quick! 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hold on Dotch...what does "it looks like another ugly headland year" mean?  Beginner farmer here.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ugly headland is a rednecks version off wolff ugly.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hold on Dotch...what does "it looks like another ugly headland year" mean?  Beginner farmer here.

It's the ends of the fields where the equipment turns along with vehicles and implements going in and out of field driveways, frequently packing the living snot out of the ground. Ground here gets very hard as a result. Tough to break up and change it with tillage. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.  I entered the Saloon yesterday for the first time.  Man is there some funny jokes and videos there.  There is this guy giving this seminar on what kind of woman to find.  It is on a scale of Hot/Crazy.  If she is too hot and not crazy she is a transvestite.  Run like hell..     :rotflmao:

It is windy and rainy here.  They are talking about 14 mph wind and cool wet weather here this weekend.  Darn.  Well I will try to get out for awhile anyways. 

Well I will check in later to see how you all are doing.  See ya.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morming, were gearing upt to start our spraying season, time to get busy again. uugh. anticipating learning the stuff. hate the unknown. hope to fish sometime this summer.
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning. Not far from the state capital. At education Minnesota headquarters to get educated more on union thuggery for the next 2 1/2 days! :happy1:

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
starting the morning with my dock guy saying dock is in but boat not til next week.  Great...luckily I have another boat I can lug over there but that will create other problems because I keep it on a different lake we like to fish also and I don't have my own trailer for it.  Making memories we call it, we will figure something out I'm sure.

Yesterday was day 180 on the sober train.  Pretty proud and happy about that decision for me.  Wife said nothing, disappointing to say the least.  The word spread fast with my buddies and I got more texts and phone calls and lunch invites than I do on my birthday.

Noticed yesterday that somewhere in the wood around our mailbox baby birds have been born.  Can't see the nest but it's kind of nice going to get junkmail and bills and hear the babies chirping.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats LL that is a huge accomplishment.  Proud of you. 

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
great job LL, keep up the great work. were proud off ya!!!
78.50"

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 OH YAH! Super Kool Leachlake!!! If you were close I'd take ya out for lunch!!! Keep da faith man

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
For sure LL. It's not easy to do. Not that I've tried but so I've been told! I did quit the heaters once upon a time and after seeing some of the carnage resulting from those things, not sorry I did. Wasn't easy. One vice at a time though. I cut the wife off and that's been surprisingly easy. You'll do fine boar. If you could handle the fertilizer spreading operation, the spraying should come easy for you. All goes back to the basics:  tip, speed and pressure. The electronic gadgetry should make your life easier. Luckily most of the stuff going on these fields nowadays is a lot safer than some of the stuff we used to mess around with.

Another cloudy day with another system heading our way. Oops! Too late. Already drizzling. At least I got the windbreak mowed after chores last night. Hadn't been touched yet this spring so about a foot tall. A lot was solid dandelions. Finished about 10 p.m. Couldn't see what I was doing real well and killed the mower a couple times. Went out to see the aftermath this a.m. and looked like the stuff coming out from under the deck had been through a cow. Time to get my hands on some generic Stinger and spray the area then repeat it again in the fall. Shouldn't take long with the 4 wheeler. Would make life simpler.   

Offline Livin the dream

• Outdoorsman
Good for you LL. Did you guys ever find the crappies? They were going good on 2 Bemidji area lakes last week.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Yes congratulations LL. 

I got a call that my wife's new ice castle rv is done being built.   Now I just have to find a day to go pick it up.   Then I'll be busy modifying the inside.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning gents, atta boy LL . Good work dotch teaching the grass and dandelions a lesson. I don't know bout you guys but I have fishing on the brain, so I'm pretty much worthless here at work, as a matter of fact it seems I've had to do things twice before it's done correctly.  I should do the company a favor and leave town now. :happy1:

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Good for you LL. Did you guys ever find the crappies? They were going good on 2 Bemidji area lakes last week.

never found em.  Hunted high and low on a small lake I've fished my whole life and only picked up snakes. 

Thanks fellas.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Way to go, LL!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Way to stick with it LL!

Back to work, dragging my :moon:
I need more coffee. ....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Today is the day I'm supposed to pick up the new camper/fish house.  Golf league starts tonight so we'll see if I can shake the rust off.  The menu tonight sounds like pizza if I'm lucky.  Have a good one fellas!

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Picking up the Officers club! Peerfect. Fun day.  Long time till ice, so make sure yu look it over before it comes of the lot, make sure its the way you expect it to be for that kinda money. Have fun! Good foe you G
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Picking up the Officers club! Peerfect. Fun day.  Long time till ice, so make sure yu look it over before it comes of the lot, make sure its the way you expect it to be for that kinda money. Have fun! Good foe you G

Thanks amigo.  The CP already made reservations to camp on Memorial weekend.   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Thanks amigo.  The CP already made reservations to camp on Memorial weekend.   :happy1:
ah sleeping in it when it's parked next to your garden isn't camping!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

ah sleeping in it when it's parked next to your garden isn't camping!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

21  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Counting the hours at work today. Once I'm done, I'm hitting the door running, picking up my buddy and heading north.  Although I wish I could say I was more excited about the weather.  We'll be at my family's cabin on Fish Trap Lake about an hour north of St. Cloud. We usually fish Crappies and Sunnies on Friday and hit up the Walleye and Pike on Saturday.  Both days won't get outta the 40s, according to my phone.  In fact tomorrow will have 10-20MPH sustained winds with gusts up to 30MPH.  If that's the case, my 14 ft Lund wont see the water on Friday. I can take 20 deg and wind in a deer stand, but dressing in layers and getting tossed around and sprayed by the swell in a small boat does not sound appealing. Saturday's supposed to be a little calmer. Post-cold front fishing at its finest, fish will be tight-lipped  Might have to continue the un-ending quest for the best Bloody Mary in Morrison Co. So far, "The Landing" on Lake Alexander is the best we've found.  But there are many more places to try.

Good luck to all those going out and stay safe (and warm)!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  And when I says boys that means all men and women.  An enduring term for all.  Late getting to you today since as a hard working union employee I had to wait for my morning break of course.  You know what I mean Glen..  You are also a hard worker.   :happy1:  Yup colder every day right through the weekend.  Windier too.  Supposed to be about 20 mph from the NW and mid 40's as the high.  20's for the lows.  They are even talking snow or sleet in the morning...   PERFECT!!!  Shouldn't be too crowded on the river.    :rotflmao:  As a matter of fact I may not be adding to the crowd for long.  I know my best friend and wife who has fished the opener with me for about 10 years said she won't be participating.  Maybe I mentioned it here before but I am going to mention it again.  One year with real strong current we had to fish right next to shore with 1 oz jigs and caught a limit of 18" eyes and the wife got a 27".  Picture perfect trip.  I think we were done in 2 hours.  I will remind her of that and see if it motivates her to go out for awhile.  Ok break is over so back to work for me.  Always a pleasure.  Talk to ya all later. 

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
about ten years ago I fell off of the dock on opener.  It was windy and 49 degrees and the water was 49 degrees.  Totally sober and I was dressed like a snowman.  The water felt warm when I fell in since I was coming in from fishing and freezing.  Awesome memory.  My son brought me a bath towel as I crawled out of the lake.  Yes...there was significant shrinkage when I peeled the ten layers off.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You bet I know LPS!!!  Still learning to be a union thug! Learning different ways to research employers to invade! Look out I might be in your neighborhood any day!