Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903361 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Cool in the overnight. Had 43 for an overnight low and actually saw the sun for a few hours this a.m. Not sure what we did to deserve that but won't argue. .2" of rain in the past 24 hrs. Did have a little excitement this morning if you can call it that. Winding down on the cutworm moth trap monitoring project so went out to check it this morning after chores. It's a sticky bottom trap pictured below and found a house wren entrapped in it. In all the years of monitoring these traps had never caught anything warm blooded. The poor little thing must've seen some small insects in the trap bottom and decided to check them out. It became mired in the goo so carefully removed the wren and took it inside. Cleaned it up with some Dawn and warm water then released it. Couldn't fly real well but hopefully it will evade any cats or other predators until it can. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Awesome Dotch!!  Good man with a good heart.  Say's a lot.  good luck.

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
atta boy Dotch!  Our own little Grizzly Adams right here. 
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
what a softy, nie job! glenn woulda stomped it. that reminds me and hour is up, time to smite him. :rotflmao:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 Hey you guys seen a comerical wit some woman sayin MAN I LOVE THOSE GUYS! Some construction/Plumbing company>>

Thats how I feel about wrens! Such a purddy song!! Got one singin outside evert day now.One year they nested on a skull I have mounted outside they took the brain cavity up the spinal entry.I have coconut nests hanging in the yard to attract them.Coconut hard shell bottom cut off a hole drilled as entrance an the bottom wired back on with tie wire.
 Man I love dam birds purddy song!!

Great gon Dotch!! save a wren harpoon a carp!!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's right dew2,  lots of rens  out this way.  That is precious dotch, the good deed for the day. We arrived at the cabin about 3 today and the warden checked us at 5 on the lake. Didn't even wet a line yet and here he comes. Pan fish have moved a little deeper than last weekend, but are still around. One things for sure the pot belly stove is gonna get a workout the next few days.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
what a softy, nie job! glenn woulda stomped it. that reminds me and hour is up, time to smite him. :rotflmao:
:censored: :bonk: training-087 training-087 training-087 :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yippy skippy another fine day at work. Happy Friday all!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
hey jb!  welccome again havent seen u in a long time here, good to have. i thinks it only a good.ffriday iff ya dont work sat.lol
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yepper it's Friday. And raining cats and dogs here in St Paul. Wish we could harvest some of this rain for like say July! Pretty intense training yesterday. Done at one today. Was kind of surprised at the lack of boats heading north in my travels yesterday and this morning.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey jb!  welccome again havent seen u in a long time here, good to have. i thinks it only a good.ffriday iff ya dont work sat.lol
well get your job done in 5 days then. Us union guys do! :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep. It is a good Friday. I have not worked at Sat. since I started working up here at the big M in Warroad. When I worked down in Anoka I worked waaaay  to many Sats. Thanks for the welcome back. I had enough trouble following one forum let alone 2, but now it seems like all the cool people are over here, so I will try and stick with ya this time.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good to see you here jb! Welcome! I agree on the rainfall glenn. Given some of the loner range forecasts for the summer, we might be looking for some come July and August. Rain is edging closer here. Was a cool start to the day again, low was in the upper 30's someplace with a 36 being reported at the airport in Waseca. No rain yesterday but as cloudy and cold as it was it didn't dry much either so tough to see where it's wet and where it isn't. Supposed to be some some frost the next two nights in a row here so that ought to get people's dander up. Cover yer 'maters! No birds in the cutworm moth trap this a.m. No moths either. The larvae don't like eating frozen plant tissue anyway. Did spot my first hummingbird of the season from my seat in the oval office. The nectar level in the feeder appeared to be dropping some so figured they must've been tapping it when I wasn't looking.  ;D     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I picked up the new fish house yesterday and will do my best to get some pictures on here.   I think I might go riding the trails on the ranger this weekend with the CP
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
What's the story with this karma thing?  Does it actually mean something?  Or is it just more of the junior high popularity contest?   

Looks like the PERM guys in the Mille Lacs forum don't like opposing views.  :bonk:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
What's the story with this karma thing?  Does it actually mean something?  Or is it just more of the junior high popularity contest?   

Looks like the PERM guys in the Mille Lacs forum don't like opposing views.  :bonk:
Yup,  the karma thing is for chits and giggles.
And, your right..the perm guys are like talking to a turtle..lol
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Come on Del it is fun....   Be happy.  lol  It is sleeting here on an off all morning.  Coming down so hard it stings the face.  Then sun, then sleet again.  Windy as all get out.  Sort of like one of our buddies on here.   :rotflmao:  Yes TGIF.  The darn weather like it is seems to have made for a slower week to me.  The nice part is that it is going to get better.    :happy1:  Still waiting to see a hummingbird.  Feeders are full and ready.  The oriole hasn't come back or at least we haven't seen him.  Hope he is still around.  Well have a good weekend all...

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We had our 1st oriole this morning. Maybe the one you had moved a little further Nort. No hummers yet either.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
are u guys putting out ccitrus halffs, they lime oranges.best. totaly atraccted to the smell.off ccitrus and they love eati g the
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes sir. Put out a half orange and grape jelly. We usually have a pair of red head woodpeckers that show up and they go crazy for the oranges. the orioles really like the grape jelly.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I picked up the new fish house yesterday and will do my best to get some pictures on here.   I think I might go riding the trails on the ranger this weekend with the CP
congrats on your new toy general!!!!!!!!! enjoy!!! maybe ya can get HD to finally catch something!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got some grape jelly JB.  Welch's was cheaper than the off brand at the Dollar Store in town.  I would sure like to see some red headed woodpeckers here.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I didn't put any jelly out,  but have bunch of red headed woodpeckers.....they have been hitting the suet for quite awhile.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I need to refill one suet feeder.  I think some squirrels have been hitting it while I wasn't watching. 

I don't fish when the air hurts my face.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I have NO luck with suet! :scratch: :popcorn: :doah:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
mornign, its a fine day to be in the feild, cause the weather sucks for fishing. althought thye never seem to bite when its nice anyway. got the new smoker. oboy!! wifes working. got try and finish grad anouncements, and start soem cleaning projects. have a goo day guys!!
78.50"

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all, it's the same here for our opener 48 and rain so I'll give it a go early tomorrow morning before going to the course,  if we don't get a light coating of snow tonight, it'll make putting a little tough. Congrats boar on ur new toy, I'll be doing some ribs tomorrow with my masterbuilt before my sister goes back home to Washington D.C.  All have a good day and hope the weather breaks soon
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Snow? Utter that 4-letter word no more coffee!  ;) 31 for a low. Doesn't look like it hurt things much other than the dandelions and plantain on a north facing slope in the yard. We had .55" of rain yesterday just ahead of the cool down so that may have softened the blow. Still, it was cold enough after chores last night so I needed a little tincture! Couldn't do that this a.m. as I have feed to get and hay to haul. Not that I wouldn't like to... :rotflmao:

More birds rolling in. Finally saw some white-crowned sparrows and the catbird was just at the jelly feeder. Oops! Add a rose-breasted grosbeak to the list.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/14/16, 09:42:30 AM by Dotch »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Morn'in fellers! Drinking my coffee, planning the weekend. Still nothing really exciting planned. Tilling gardens is prolly top of the list. Maybe mow some lawn. Hope you all have a great day! And, catch a few for me!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't put any jelly out,  but have bunch of red headed woodpeckers.....they have been hitting the suet for quite awhile.
Redhaeds?WOW I aint seen any for years.We are planning a trip to nearstrand forest,I heard there a few in that old forest.Used to beseen all the time when I was young!
 Not to question buy verify, Some mistake other peckers for redheads heres a pic.
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine