Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900892 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I would love to see some of those here.  Beautiful birds.   

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw one a week or so ago. I see them every year but I don't think they nest at my place. My neighbors had a nesting pair at their place a couple years ago and got to see the juveniles. They use to be so common place we thought nothing of it.
Dotch, you need to get some sour mash bourbon :happy1: in your diet.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw one a week or so ago. I see them every year but I don't think they nest at my place. My neighbors had a nesting pair at their place a couple years ago and got to see the juveniles. They use to be so common place we thought nothing of it.
roony what area of the state yah in?? Nearstrand is a LONG drive from Willmar area,I.d like to photo the redhead before there all past memories!!
 Sour mash gin an scotch were my downfall years back!! Heres a poem

The horse and cow live thirty years,
And nothing know of wines and beers,
The goat and sheep at twenty die,
And never taste of Scotch or Rye,
The sow drinks water by the ton,
And at eighteen is nearly done,
The dog at fifteen cashes in,
Without the aid of rum or gin,
The cat in milk and water soaks,
And then at twelve short years it croaks,
The modest, sober bone dry hen,
Lays eggs for years then dies at ten.
All animals are strictly dry;
They sinless live and quickly die.
But sinful, ginful, rum-soaked men
Survive for three score years and ten;
And some of us, the mighty few,
Stay pickled till we're ninety-two!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I tried to take a photo fur ya this morning Dew, but I don't have a good enough camera to post a good one. I'll keep try'in though..........
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
I tried to take a photo fur ya this morning Dew, but I don't have a good enough camera to post a good one. I'll keep try'in though..........
Dont need a photo is it a real redhead?? If so maybe sometime I can come yer way wit a camera?? what area?? Northbranch,Stacy?? Am I close?
« Last Edit: May 05/14/16, 01:49:39 PM by HD »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Dont need a photo is it a real redhead?? If so maybe sometime I can come yer way wit a camera?? what area?? Northbranch,Stacy?? Am I close?
Mora
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
roony what area of the state yah in?? Nearstrand is a LONG drive from Willmar area,I.d like to photo the redhead before there all past memories.

dew2, I'm in the Waseca area, so I'm not real close to Wilmar. I haven't seen that redhead for a week or so, I got some pictures of it we took last year or the year before but they aren't masterpieces, I'll see if I can find them.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I have seen some here in the Andover area but not on a regular basis.  I have a pair of Pileated around though.  good luck.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 Reinhard thats about as far north as I seem em in the late 50 then 60s They nest in oldgrowth forests whick few are left.

roony nearstrand  spellin may be wrong is just north of you its near fairabolt. Thats a long drive for a pic of a bird,I'm into it but not as much as many.I like woods walkin anywhere tho!

HD jeeze I know that area like the back a my hand.Got family from there north to Woodland, McGrath. Its close also If the bird is there in a month let me know.
 You fish the local lakes Ann,Fish and ???? whats the other larger lake. Pokegma was a go yo fer crappie years back

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Reinhard thats about as far north as I seem em in the late 50 then 60s They nest in oldgrowth forests whick few are left.

roony nearstrand  spellin may be wrong is just north of you its near fairabolt. Thats a long drive for a pic of a bird,I'm into it but not as much as many.I like woods walkin anywhere tho!

HD jeeze I know that area like the back a my hand.Got family from there north to Woodland, McGrath. Its close also If the bird is there in a month let me know.
 You fish the local lakes Ann,Fish and ???? whats the other larger lake. Pokegma was a go yo fer crappie years back

I fish pokegma, cross, ann, fish, lory, lewis, knife, snake river, west & east rush, all 3 stanchfield lakes, lake 17, lake 30.....45 minutes or less, I'm on Mille Lacs

Mama said she saw it this again this afternoon while I was mow'in lawn....We also have 3 other kinds of wood peckers hitting the feeder.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman

Mama said she saw it this again this afternoon while I was mow'in lawn....We also have 3 other kinds of wood peckers hitting the feeder.
KOOL We got downys, haries, redbrested,an piliateds every day Peanut butter,real suit,sunflower seeds,Its the redbrested I heard people around call a redheaded. I guess cause a the red notch on the head??
« Last Edit: May 05/14/16, 06:54:39 PM by dew2 »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Things are bassackwards at our house.  Wife saw a hummer at the oriole feeder, and later I saw a oriole on the hummingbird feeder. But it is a start.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I've heard orioles but haven't seen one at the feeders yet. the finches and robins are going bonkers at the jelly!!!!!

had a hummer at the oriole feeder to today del!!!!!!!!! :doah: musta been around boars smomer???????

catch ya tomorrow.....time to veggie out. that wind beat me up outside today! :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Woke up to a balmy 28 degrees, heavy frost on the truck. Coffee tastes awesome!  Heading to town soon  for some more pepper plants, mama's flower plants and a few groceries. Have a baptism to go to later.... I'll put some wild turkey in the slow cooker for later.  I'll shred it with some Chipotle BBQ sauce. Have a great day!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morning, nice morning here, no frost, about 38 degrees. would be nice morning to be on the lake. gonna stuff and smoke a few sticks today. catch up on some things an go see the the new avengers movie with the kids.  have a good day gentle men.  you too glenn.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
30 for a low here. Was freezing for a longer duration and no breeze. Not much evidence that it injured anything as it's warming up. Need to get to the off site pasture today to get the fence up and running also check the bluebird houses to see if they're occupied. Lots of orioles yesterday with some females of both the Baltimore and orchard type. Put out some cotton string for them. They generally haven't nested here but usually at the neighbors. Wonder how he feels about that stuff wrapped up in his mower?  ;) Hopefully finish mowing lawn and wean some of the ewes. Fresh brats tonite! 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
38 here, feels a lot better than yesterday.  The lawn looks like it grew 6" so that is what I need to take care of today.  The wife likes to mow too so that helps.  Then I can work on other stuff too.  Like weed whipping.  I think I need to do a little more spraying to eliminate the whipping.   ;)  Had a ribeye on the grill last night that might have been the best one I ever had.  Everything came together great.  Also had a great salad that the wife made.  Cooked up a corned beef so may cook up some cabbage and onions and carrotts tomorrow night after work.  Then ruebens the next day.   :happy1:  I also have to get the oriole feeder uptoday.  I have to find a good spot for it.  Have a good one....

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
My weekend was spent a on trail ride and I picked up the new camper. I also meet a few new contacts for the site :happy1:  plus when I got home I see the potatoes froze. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
awwww man that is way ccool!!! great.ffor yu G!! ccongtrates!!!!!!!! way ccool!
78.50"

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice toy there General. Dew yes that is the Redhead that we have at our place. We have had a pair the last 3 years and they usually have 2-3 babies. I think last year they had 4. We have only seen the one so far this year, guessing it is the male. We have only seen the one oriole Friday morning and nothing since. just a matter of time I guess. All this talk about smokers, I think I will need to smoke something this weekend. Well another day in the big yellow building. Have a good day all!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morning all, and selfproclaimed smoker champion of fantisy Island. here we go again, starting another stretch of balls tot eh wall till about t he 4th of july weekend and then were done with the busy stuff. Have a good dayy everyone.
78.50"

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Best opener in years for us.  Water was 46 degrees and we kept 20 walleyes and caught another 10 or so that didn't qualify, biggest was 27 incher.  I was Top Rod...again.

I'm pondering moving up north for the Summer...seriously.  Things aren't too hot on homefront and the kids can spend a lot of time up there once schools out.  That stars would have to align a bit but having it as an outside option keeps me sane and hopeful.   :happy1:

Go get em today fellas.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Back to reality for this guy and reality isn't looking to well. :bonk: 

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Back to reality for this guy and reality isn't looking to well. :bonk:
what??? You gotta get your hands dirty!!! :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My weekend was spent a on trail ride and I picked up the new camper. I also meet a few new contacts for the site :happy1:  plus when I got home I see the potatoes froze.
awesome lookin rig general!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had my maters covered with pails.................they bit the big one to. even the asparagus froze!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice rig General.   You will have fun with that.  I didn't even wet a line this weekend.  Windy and cold.  I mowed yesterday and it sprinkled on me most of the time.  I got er done though.  Did some other projects too so it ended up a good weekend. 

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 YEP that is a fine fishin/Campin shack!! Probably better than 90% of the places I lived when younger!

I woke this morn hurried to dress got in the car and Thought WTF I don't work anymore??? Then started on sharpening mower blades an doing adjustments. Just came in 2 to go then my outboards so we can go fishin when we want!! Puttin elec start on a 15HP that goes on my modified 14ft lund, Still aint spose to be pullin rope start engines!! Hopefully I can get my outboard local repair shop goin before the season is over??

Got a bluegird taking a box 2 woodducks in boxes,Hummers are goin crazy over the feeder cant find the other 4?? Mama put em away last year.Orioles are plentiful and a grossbeek (Rosebrested) showed yesterday.Livin on a slew there are multi species out there!

General need some of your tatter seed back? I believe yours will take off again BUT???

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I just might need some back.  I do have a few in the pail yet.  Thanks

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
I just might need some back.  I do have a few in the pail yet.  Thanks
I never had tatters freeze out?Sandy says some of ours are wilted. The ones from you are cut and planted the extra cut pieces maybe 30 or so are just sittin on the back porch.Tried to give em away but everyone I know had planted an refused.
 My guess is they will resprout thats a GUESS??

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning.  Man it is white on the ground here.  Didn't cover anything like we did a few days ago.  I didn't know it was going to freeze.  I went fishing for awhile last night finally.  Kept on walleye about 14".  Will try to add to it to make a meal.  Good excuse to get out there again.  The beaver kept swimming by us and that got Buddy all interersted in him.  He likes this river life.  Glad he didn't jump in.  Later.