Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902765 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. Beautiful sunrise over the lake this morning. All white and frosty too. Heard a loon out on the water this morning too. Well another day at the salt mine. Have a good one boys!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Sunny, clear, and 44* here. No loons, but Smurfy isn't here yet. Deck is wet; looks like we received some rain late overnite. Entire week looks like we'll be warming up and getting back to normal, finally. Chicken drumsticks on the grill later, with some Italian pasta and tomato salad I made. Have a good day, guys, cawfee's done... :coffee:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
It's a beautiful morning here today.  Saw a few pheasants on my way in to town this morning.  Hopefully the wind stays down I'd like to spray a little round up this evening.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Sunny, clear, and 44* here. No loons, but Smurfy isn't here yet. Deck is wet; looks like we received some rain late overnite. Entire week looks like we'll be warming up and getting back to normal, finally. Chicken drumsticks on the grill later, with some Italian pasta and tomato salad I made. Have a good day, guys, cawfee's done... :coffee:
think ill go sit on the SS rebel rouser!!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The lake our place is on is all about loons.  Its a loon staging lake in the late Summer/Fall and there will be 2-300 in a group for a few weeks.  The allure of the loon noises becomes an irritant when that many are together constantly cooing and calling all night long, still cool to see.

I've got fishing on my mind and it's funny how when you aren't fishing you feel like you'd be hammering them.  I did good this past weekend but fished 9 hours or so and caught 11 walleyes but that means I spent about 8-1/2 hours doing nothing but bobbing around waiting.  Then again bobbing around waiting sounds pretty good too!
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that would be awesomely cool to see that many loons and listen to them! but i'd suppose it could get annoying after awhile!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
that would be awesomely cool to see that many loons and listen to them! but i'd suppose it could get annoying after awhile!!!!!!!!!

Kinda like a smurf family reunion?  :rotflmao:  :happybounce:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

that gets ya one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

that gets ya one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why you $#@! ....There!! Take THAT! You just got another!!!  ;D

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I have an amateur theory on the loons when we are fishing.  The loons dive and chase minnows and the minnows get agitated and then the agitated minnows trigger the walleyes and next thing you know the fish that really aren't actively biting bite your leech or minnow.

I've seen it way too many times for it not to be true.  If the loon is just loafing around the fish don't bite as well.  If the loons are fishing I'm catching fish more often than not.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 something to keep an eye on!!!!!!!!! we have loons on our lake too!!!!!!!!!!

you get an adda boy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
anything to help glenn ccatcch ffish will help....... no.....no it wont. sorry got distracctd ffor a minuet
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
anything to help glenn ccatcch ffish will help....... no.....no it wont. sorry got distracctd ffor a minuet
and a smite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
union guys are killers.  My dad was too.  Glenn can do no outdoor wrong!!!  Two deer in a week?  Walleyes are a lay up for him.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
In a week?? Did that before noon on opening day!! :happy1: shot my wad for a few years the way I figure it  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :doah:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman

I heard the loon on that lake has a lund boat wit a 40 HP Johnson, His wife catches all the fish an he takes credit!!! :moon: :doah: :doah: :happy1:
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I heard the loon on that lake has a lund boat wit a 40 HP Johnson, His wife catches all the fish an he takes credit!!! :moon: :doah: :doah: :happy1:
why you #$-&%$ add another smite! :bonk: training-087 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Morn'in boys!  Working on my 3rd cup of coffee and a few advil. Got another jar salad for lunch today! I'm thinking I'll be making more of those. Pretty convenient!  Have a good one!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning fellars! Seen our first hummingbird on the feeder this morning. Just another day at work. Yippy, Not. Have a good all.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I have a little bit of a sore back too.  My air ride seat doesn't hold air anymore and I am a little scrunched when fishing.  I set the hook on a few last night and on my way back up to the house I had one heck of a back ache.  Need to buy a new air ride thing.  Nice fish though.

I read about those jar salads awhile back.  They don't look too bad.  I will have to find them again and check it out.  I have been having carrotts and celery in a bowl of water in the frig and throwing a few in a bag to have with my lunch sandwich which is salami I made.  Pretty darn good too.  I've been having PB&J for my morning coffee break sandwich. 

Beautiful looking day today.  Enjoy it all...

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi JB.  I forgot to mention that we saw our first one after work last night.  They're here!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. 38* with frost on the roofs. Too late in the year for this crap.  My 'mater plants look OK, though. Nice warm up in store for the week. Weekly car show kicks off tonite at the Eagles.  That'll be a blast, first one is always crazy. Was taking the '40 Dodge sedan with a buddy...until the brake pedal went to the floor yday...no brakes now.  :banghead: Looks like the '79 Cutlass is going to be the car of choice for tonite. Ribs waiting in the 'fridge to be smoked for today, I'll be at the show eating their grilled brats and burgers. Looks like ribs on the menu tomorrow....have a good day, guys.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Morning all, seeing all the post on fishing has me chompinat the bit. wont be for awhile.  new smoker and dont have time for tht either. getting ready for grad. somehow. wife told me yesterday shes gonna paint the living room.WTF! how and clean the house all by next saturday. what ever. sooooo i know were starting to spray wheat this week and that will start today or tomorrow. had a momemt to make supper last night mad cassadillas...casadeas". what ever. you know. have one of them cassadea makers. works awsome. have a great day gents.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We had a hummer at feeder Monday and last night one was perched on the tippy top of a branch on a tree.  He thought he was an eagle but he looked like a leaf.  That's how I am.

Hopped on the scale this morning and I've lost 12-13 pounds approximately on the drinking water and eating right program.   I bet my kids I could lose 8 pounds by June 1 so I've overachieved.  I wasn't crazily overweight but my torso was starting to look like Sponge Bob...actually starting is inaccurate, it looked like Sponge Bob.

I'm in minute man mode right now.  My bag is packed in the back of my closet and when the wife lets me leave for cabin I'm outta here tomorrow hopefully.  Kennels are already in back of truck and I'd need to grab one cooler and hit the road.  South wind for 4-5 days straight by this weekend should have our north shore fishing pretty good. 
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers!!!!!!!! off to red wing today for a grievence meeting!!!!!!!! seen a few hummers and orioles. we have a pair of bluebirds giving the robins and other birds a run for there money. fun to watch!!!!!

replanted my mater plants that froze out last weekend. wasn't impressed with the temp this AM. sure hope there ok or i'll be pi$$ed!!!!!!!! hoping to get the boat wet this weekend.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning.  Septic tank pumped and ready for another 4 years.  Heading up to Duluth tomorrow to fish my favorite lake there Boulder with my brother.  Not a lake to buzz around in, hence the name boulder.  hope to bring some eyes home tomorrow.  Been awhile that we had fresh eye fillets.  Making something new today, Korean tacos.  Chuck roast involved.  I will post about it when done.  Off to get my rods ready.  good luck.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Nothing new today for me.  I'll be taking the daughter to practice tonight and maybe get a little work done on the castle.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nothing new today for me.  I'll be taking the daughter to practice tonight and maybe get a little work done on the castle.
what kind of work you plan on doing general.................extra springs.............built in cooler? we know ya don't need a fish pail!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Surfacing for air. Been through several days of crisis management. The frost still has everybody in a tizzy and as happens too frequently, people start doing things they shouldn't before it's abundantly clear what should be done. The mentality becomes "I gotta do something". Unfortunately this doesn't work well with biological systems, especially when the weather stays cool and crops don't change very fast. Frequently knee jerk reactions result in costly wrong decisions. In the immortal words of Page and Plant, sometimes l I grow so tired...

Had a few beers and pulls off the Crown bottle last night with my sheep shearer/farmer friend after looking at my last disaster of the day. There were a couple other sheep shearers there getting their blades sharpened. Met a female sheep shearer I'd heard of but had never met. At 60, she was still in pretty good rig. All of us had some good laughs, something I sorely needed after another pain in the ass day.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, The corn does look tough to say the least. Are there some beans up in your area? I would be concerned about them.
One of my neighbors (about 4 miles to the east) says his grapes got hit real hard.
I was glad I hadn't planted any tomatoes or peppers yet, I probably would have done like glenn and put five gallon pails over them. My garden peas don't look phased.