Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952332 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Alright!!!! Lookee that yard!  Great job, bobber!! And yer welcome! Give Remi a milkbone for me, and explain it's just tough love!  ;D

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
mornin fellers, almost done with the painting, the put the house bck together, heading off to church today, lots to be thankfull for, it senior recognition also, they do a great job, recognizing senoirs within the congation, plus no doubt i need a waffer and a little forgiveness, tings are slowly comingtogether,  should have things under control by tonight. wish I had sometime to smoke soemthing. Have a great dau guys!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys.  Got home from work last night and the wife had the lawn all mowed.  Looks great.  I need to weeed whip today and maybe shoot some roundup on some vegetation so I don't have to weed whip so much.  I need to paint at least one side of my house too since we are talking painting.  Come to think of it the back side of the garage needs it too.  And the north side of the barn could use a priming and painting.  I need to get motivated to do them this summer.  That's a lot of painting isn't it? 

Last night was a beautiful night.  So instead of the frustratioin of not catching any fish I just took my wonderful wife out for a nice boat ride upriver.  Took a cocktail with us and Sammy and Buddy.  Perfect night for it too.  Saw some friends of ours fishing.  We just waved and kept idling along.  Besides I don't want to discourage everyone in the Fishing Contest by getting a huge fish this early in the year.   :surrender:

Our ribeyes turned out great last night.  Have some leftovers that will be great with eggs this morning.  The wife usually doesn't eat 1/2 of hers so that leaves more for me.    :happy1:  So I better start with breakfast so I can get some projects done today.  Have a great day all of you. 

Thanks for the tips RH.  May contact you later as we get closer to the campout. 

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Good morning everyone.  My agenda for the day is laundry.  Between loads I'm going to fill the castle up with water and make sure everything is leak free and working for the maiden voyage next week.  Then I'm going to go on an asparagus run with my GPS to get the wife enough to start canning.  Oh and I have to finish up mowing the yard.  I tried to get that done yesterday but I kept running into visitors last evening. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Morn'in all! I'M GOING FISHING!

Got the small boat ready yesterday, finished mowing the lawn, planted all gardens, planted Momma's flower pots, set some traps....So, I'm good to go!

And....we are deep frying smelt later fur dinner...booya!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We're catching a few!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama got a big minnow,  and a pumpkin seed...

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Looks like a HD size fish. hehehe. awsome day anyway ya look at it.
Wife and I got the painting done and the living room put back toether Partialy, 5 days and counting. we'll make it. friday mourn I have off of work an will be helping with the final touches. man i cant wait til its over, and relax, take cookie up on soem fishing possibley, ride the scoots, do a little camping. Have a great day gentlemaen, got some much needed rain here, puddles in the drive and rain barrel is full, great to see.
78.50"

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Great weekend at cabin.  Saturday with no wind the fish weren't too cooperative but I picked up three walleyes.  Sunday was so windy and fishing in a pontoon makes it more interesting but years of experience in it works fine.  Fish bit awesome and I caught em until I used my last baby shiner minnow, packed up and headed home around 5pm.  Need the rain that hopefully will come because the pontoon struggles to get off of the lift right now.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning.  Great day yesterday for my youngest grandchild who's birthday came up, age two.  We were at my daughters and made up a bunch of burgers.  Simple, just the burger and choice of cheddar or pepper jack cheese on a Hawaiian bun.  Mustard, ketchup, and jalapeno mustard for a topping.  Fruit and veggie platers for the pikings and potato salad.  Plenty of adult beverages and pops.  My favorite one for the day was It's Not Your Grandpa's Root Beer [I think that's what it's called].  Very good but a little spendy I was told.

Taking out some pork butts for 25 pounds of Swiss Cheese brats for our vacation up nort.  Still have to make pulled pork, and marinate some Kalbi short ribs [thin sliced] for the trip.  Going to marinade the short ribs and freeze them with the marinade so they are ready for the grill.  The two pork butts will be smoked and pulled and I will put on my Reinhard Caught A Buzz sauce in the mix and freeze that also.  Making extra sauce also for the trip.  Don't want to be Mr. last minute as I usually am.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning!!!!!!!!! countdown is on to thursday ! da boss said I worked so hard I could have thur and fri off.....................headed nort. got my deer head back gotta get that hung up in my office. its considered office décor so I but it on  the union tab!!!!!!!!!! other then that nuttin special going on. had a nice shower of rain in the wee hours of the morning along with some thunder. the sheltie was almost laying on top of me as she doesn't like thunder!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
btw-  I made RH ABT breakfast sausage last weekend.  It's just dynamite stuff for all meals but hadn't had it as a breakfast pattie til now.  Mine is a tad spicy so it's best not to head out in the boat for about 1/2 hour to take care of business if you follow me.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all. It was a good weekend, Saturday the lake was like a sheet of glass most of the day. Got the boat ready and put the track system in for the boat on Saturday. We did go out about 6 and pulled a couple of tail dancers for awhile. Wife caught 2, me nuttin. Yesterday worked in the yard. Another fine day at work. Tomorrow heading down to the cities for 3 days of training on our 3-D printer. Fun, Fun. Thinking I may take Friday off to get a head start on the weekend. Havea good one!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I took the day off and it is rainy on and off here.  Sort of nice, we needed some rain.  Windy now too.  Guess I will have to do some inside projects today.  I am getting some action on the camper that I have listed for sale.  Would be nice to get that sold.  No big deal though it will sell eventually.  One less thing to mow around.  I think I will have some more leftover ribeye and a couple of eggs for my brunch today.  I get hungry reading RH's posts.  lol  Have a great day everyone.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Finally! Pretty well done with the frost assessments for the time being anyway. What a mess it made for all parties concerned. Several early planted soybean fields got replanted and some corn hybrids are still struggling to unwrap. Luckily that becomes a seed company problem at that point.

Had a productive weekend though. People left me alone long enough Saturday so we got all but 3 ewes weaned from their lambs. Couple more weeks and they can go to pasture too. Hauled a group of 9 over to the kindly neighbors' pasture so we didn't have to listen to their bellering. The rest of them were plenty loud believe me. While I was getting the fence up and running at the neighbor's pasture I got to see the bluebird come out of the nesting box. Always makes me feel good to see them.

Yesterday I took the weedeater to the fence at home to buy a little time until I can get there with some herbicide. Saw another bluebird so hoping it's using the house mounted on the old plow in the pasture. Lots of tree swallows in the other houses too so that made me happy. I reworked the garden and got a large chunk of it planted. Direct seeded squash, pumpkins, gourds, cukes and melons. Counted a total of 63 hills. Luckily we cut back; used to have well over 100. Also got the Indian corn planted. Managed to get the grill fired up last night and did some lamburgers while having a beer. Sorry no action photos but a nice way to end what was a busy yet rewarding weekend.

The Silver Hawk goes in for some electrical work Friday. Generator needed some attention last fall when I put it away and there's a purchased spare generator I need them to check out. Have them look it over in general to be sure it's ship shape. Looking forward to doing some serious cruising as long as I can keep Mrs. Cheviot from convincing me to lay the front seat down in some secluded spot. Sometimes I weaken and allow it otherwise she gets so crabby!  :bonk:     
« Last Edit: May 05/23/16, 03:47:13 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Sunday we filled the tank on the new Fish house and checked all the plumbing and even though my karma here isn't that great it must be working out for me as we didn't have any leaks.  Then a few neighbors stopped over to give it a look and 3 or 4 cold ones later they decided it was okay.  Made some pork chops and asparagus on the grill but nothing fancy. 

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
all your karma will come the first time out............the list of everything you need yet will come first!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
The rock tamers arrived today and I put them together.   Bad news is my hitch isn't long enough by about an inch.   So now I guess I'm going to have to buy one of them.   It's always something.  :doah:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well yesterday I sold the camper over the phone from a CL ad.  The guy wanted me to deliver it to Pine River and I said ok.  Upon further thinking, like in the middle of the night when I woke up, I decided I didn't want to drive that far to deliver it.  I just sent the guy an email about the change in plans that he has to come up and pick it up.  I hope he isn't too dissapointed.   :bonk:  Sometimes I am too nice....  lol  I feel a lot better with him coming up if he still wants it. 

Another great looking day here.  Some chance of rain most of the week though.  I like a rainy day as long as there are not too many of them.  My friends up here tell me not to ask for rain since sometimes it doesn't stop.  That is why they call this the Rainy River.  I moved up here a couple of years after the big flood that washed out most of the bridges in the county.  UNREAL!  I guess fields looked like lakes.  Hard to imagine.

I heard a bird chirping this morning at 4:26.  Then I didn't really get back to sleep very good.  I got up early and had my coffee and made lunch and visited with the wife before she went to work.  Felt good.   

See ya all later.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Yah did the right thing with a CL ad.Man I sat waiting for some people forever!! Then they never came.I bought a outboard up near Crosby the guy knew I was comming I called him in the morn and said be there in 2 1/2hours Got there an he sold it 1 hour earlier.OH I got CL stories!!

Me an mama are off to willmar today me for new glasses her for???SHOPPING!! ahahah Hope I get home before dark!!!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Yeah barry, if they want it they'll come an get it or at the very least give you a deposite. ood luck. sleeplees night with a oldest daughter situation. have to find out today if things settled down. sposed to be sprayingtoday but rain is coing in from the west, had burgs on the grill last night, pretty good, not my best but they did the trick. I'll say it again, just gota get over this graduation humps.  have a good day guys!
78.50"

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Yah did the right thing with a CL ad.Man I sat waiting for some people forever!! Then they never came.I bought a outboard up near Crosby the guy knew I was comming I called him in the morn and said be there in 2 1/2hours Got there an he sold it 1 hour earlier.OH I got CL stories!!

Me an mama are off to willmar today me for new glasses her for???SHOPPING!! ahahah Hope I get home before dark!!!

Yep, happened to us with a canoe.  Sold out from us.  But that's my rule too when selling.  First with cash. 

But I have delivered, too.

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Barry-  I'm too nice too.  It sounds funny and cocky but learning to say "no" can be the most positive thing in your life.  The bonus is you get to be the guy everyone calls when they are in a pinch because "he'd give you the shirt off of his back".  I have a buddy who can seem like kind of a jerk but he's a good dude but he will say no or what he really wants so much it's crazy.  His life works out just fine for him.  Probably a balance between the two is reality.

The outdoors is really a test in handling adversity.  Having a new toy like that fish house will bring some new adversities to your life you never dreamed would happen.  The joy will outweigh the bad and the bad is just more making memories. 
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.............got good news yesterday. don't have to go to a b-day thing wed nite so we are off up north wed nite!!!!! and as long as we are at saying NO. I am being the jackwad at home to. my stepkids run over my wife. I am the Richard that says no. they seem to think my wifes car is a rental without paying the rent and it pi$$es me off!!!!!!! done put my foot down........they need to start dealing with there issues and figuring it out themselves!!!! 

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Yeah LPS smart decision.  I too am that guy that "will give you the shirt off my back".  I have never had a bad CL deal.  However I am up front that they need to pick it up and bring cash.  But the last CL add I had this clown calling me about every 3 days begging to sell my car for me and this list of people he had lined up to sell it too. 

I was very happy to see the rain at our place as we needed it.   :happy1:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
morning fellers.............got good news yesterday. don't have to go to a b-day thing wed nite so we are off up north wed nite!!!!! and as long as we are at saying NO. I am being the jackwad at home to. my stepkids run over my wife. I am the Richard that says no. they seem to think my wifes car is a rental without paying the rent and it pi$$es me off!!!!!!! done put my foot down........they need to start dealing with there issues and figuring it out themselves!!!!

Spare the rod spoil the child.  Just don't go AP on them.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
nope no better........... but man when there that old with 2 and 3 kids each and still the ambiblical cord attached............GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
shes enabeling them glenn. like we enable you here. tlim.e to c2atch ur own ffish  and kill ur own deer buddy :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: training-087
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
shes enabeling them glenn. like we enable you here. tlim.e to c2atch ur own ffish  and kill ur own deer buddy :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: training-087
why you^*&$#^^ I do fine ALL BY MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"