Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4942029 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is a rainy day here on the Rainy River.  Go figure.  Well grandpa is at the bottom of the pecking order here.  I started watching a fishing show and by the time I got up to get coffee and get back it is on Sponge Bob Square Pants.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:And you know what?  I don't even care, I even like Sponge Bob.  I am getting an education as to what all of the little sea creatures are that are on the show.  How clever.  AND I wonder what they were smoking when they came up with this show.  The wife (and I love her dearly) is so good with Tanner (the tyke).  She showed him how to play Go Fish and he caught on right away.  Now it's dominos.  Really a smart kid.  Probably the first time a grandparent ever said that.  lol  I never had kids with my ex.  Thank God.  So Tanner is from my wifes son.  SO this is the closest I have been to having grandkids.  I am the Godfather of my brothers son who is now in his 20's so I do have some clout.  Tanner has his own bedroom right across the hall from ours.  About 6 am he crawls in with us for some snuggling till coffee is ready.  Of course that is my job now too.  lol  Made homemade sausage patties and eggs for breakfast.  He really liked his toast and jam the best.  Oh well.  He is worried that Bucko the horse is standing in the rain.  So now it is Bucko is taking a shower.  :-)  And when is Bucko (the gelding) going to have a baby.  lol  Ok I will knock it off.  I may need to take Tuesday off to relax......

Well I guess that sums up the program here.  Dotch, very interesting on those slugs.  My neighbor who used to have a huge garden had slugs a couple of years ago.  Perplexes me as to how they get there.  Sure aren't fast movers. 

Ok have a great day.  Grandpa will be taking a nap today.........

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning.  No grandkids this weekend [next] [and for a whole week on our vacation up nort].  Barring rain, I will cut the grass again.  Man that stuff grows fast.  Finish up my boat.  Change the oil and lower unit.  The electric motor is still not working so I will get the foot control checked and then if that's ok the control board.  I will take my wife fishing Monday.  Grindstone if the landing is ok, but there are some lakes nearby if not. 

Found a cell phone the other day.   I was driving into a shoping center when I noticed what looked like a cell phone but I thought maybe it was just the shell.  On the way out, had a red light and there it still was.  Got out of the truck and it sure was a new cell phone and one of those expensive ones.  Turned it on and it said that my fingerprint showed an error.  Well, now what do I do, take it to the phone company and let them find the owner.  Well right before I put the phone down a "Home Calling" deal came up, so I slid it over and it rang.  A guy answers and I said "I found your phone".  "Where did you find it" he says.  Told him where.  I asked him if he lived in Andover and he did.  So yesterday Him and his wife came by and picked it up.  The wife literly broke down and cried.  It was her phone.  They thanked me and I asked them if they wanted some brats for the weekend.  Sure!  Gave them a pack and they were on their way.  Those phones cost close to $900 bucks I guess.  Well have a great weekend.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Way to go, RH!!!   :happy1: You set an example we all should follow!  Hope yer enjoying yer weekend!  ;)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
We are out at the campground on the maiden voyage.  Kids are playing and fishing.  I'll get some pics up in a bit.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/28/16, 09:34:09 AM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I've always maintained that RH is a class act and he demonstrates it frequently. I'm sure the nudist colony is glad to have him and his sausages in the neighborhood!  ;)

Not sure of the entire life cycle on those slugs LPS but here's a couple of the guides I was sent by my longtime friend the boy entomologist. They're more in tune with field crops but contain some interesting facts about their life cycle. Have had trouble here in the garden with them when we get wet fall conditions and I can't get my carrots and potatoes dug. They gnaw on them and cause all kinds of grief.

http://cfaes.osu.edu/news/articles/entomologist-offers-guidance-controlling-slugs-in-no-till-soybean-corn-fields

https://extension.entm.purdue.edu/fieldcropsipm/insects/soybean-slugs.php

Otherwise, we're on the graduation circuit this weekend. Had two last night and one today. It's raining so figure I can probably take the time. Likely to be a lot of "sheep people" at this one so that's usually entertaining. Maybe they'll pass the bottle of Crown. Wife's driving so I really don't care if I get a little messed up!  :happy1: The Stude is primed and ready for an excursion tomorrow. I had 'er out the other night to limber it up before taking it into the shop the next day. A friend called while I was cruising and wouldn't you know it knew how to get to his place so I could have a couple Honeyweiss's! Laughed more over a couple beers than I have in a couple weeks. Viet Nam vet and he's definitely got the right perspective. Thank god for friends like that.  :toast:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all,another hot day here in the burg. Been up since 4am making 30 pounds of potatoe salad for the American Legions party tomorrow after the parade. Then up to the cemetery, it's been three years since we buried dad so I'll go up and have a Molson Canadian with him and leave him one to enjoy. Everyone have a safe and happy holiday
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well in case you wondered, yes I did survive the Grandson Memorial Weekend deal.  Actually it was a blast.  We are both pretty tired after it though.  When we got back last night we kept laughing at how quiet it is without him.  He smiled a lot so I am thinking he had fun too.

Well it is raining and windy here again.  Except for a hot nice day yesterday it was wet most of the weekend.  Now we are supposed to have rain all week except for some sun on Thur.  Having leftovers of spare ribs tonight and the last of the spud salad that turned out great.  I am thinking about spaghetti tomorrow night.  Seems like fall weather so inside cooking may be the preferred method this week. 

Keep your powder dry pilgrims.....

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Back from a wonderful weekend camping.  Worked some bugs out of the new castle.  I smoked a couple ham steaks all day Sunday and made pulled pork.  I'll post the recipe when I can find it.  I know it had a sauce that included enchilad sauce with a bunch of things mixed in.  We caught a bunch of crappies 11 to 13 inches for a fish fry.  We also did cheesy garlic potatoes on the pellet grill.  They were good but needed something.  Glad to hear everyone had a great weekend.

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Morning all, wheeeeeeeew. Grad is done. glad its over but a little sad at the same time. My last one. things went over great good turn out. My oldest daughter swallowed her pride and showed. her and her mom gots some issues to work ut yet but its a good thing., sat. after party, ;oaded up and hit vigapalooza at red lake an had a lot of fun. put over 100 miles on the wheelers. BBQ'n an Bonefire'n and on Monday when we left my cusins went out fishing and crushed them. so I missed that noat but owell, I'll be back. Have a g reat day Gents.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Beautiful morning here.  Only supposed to get into mid 50's but the sun is shining for now.  Just confirmed that me and a friend are going out on a charter tomorrow on LOW.   We hired the boat so just us two will be on board.  Costs more but less crowded.  Looking forward to it.  Will take some pics and hopefully show off the catch.  Looks like a nice day tomorrow too.  See ya all later.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Sounds like a great time LPS.  My day is going to consist of work and taking the kids to track practice tonight.  I was able to spray the weeds in the garden last night with there being almost no wind here last evening. :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all. This morning the weather is nice but the lake is still rolling. Been a lot of east winds this spring. Have fun LPS. Sounds like way more fun then being at work. Glad the grad stuff went well for ya Boar. Boy after being out of town most of last week and the long weekend it is kind of nice to be back to a normal schedule. Now if it will just stop raining so we can get the grass cut. Have a good one!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning.  When it rains it pours.  I'm not a mechanic by a long shot.  Brakes usually squeak some and then you check them out and probably needs new pads ect.  Well I'm driving my truck and I notice a slight grinding noise all of the sudden so getting them fixed.  worked real fine the day before and no noises or any other indication.  That squeak usually was my sign for a a brake check but not this time.  Then my wife calls me when she was on her way to work that her brake light came on.  Plans change.  Not the end of the world but haven't had both vehicles have brake issues at the same time.  Guess I'll put off fishing till next week.  Grandkids this weekend plus some more sausage making.  good luck.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had a great Memorial day. Stayed at a friends place and did lots of eating, fishing and wheeling.  Yesterday was catch up day at home.  Lots of running around, getting cabin supplies and visiting.  Today I have to tackle the lawn or should I say hay field.  Once that's done, I can plan and load up for a two day stint at the cabin fixing porch and mud room.  Maybe get time to add to the mineral stations.  You have to keep the deer happy.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning everyone. Another cloudy day this morning and some drizzle. At least the lake was calmed down this morning. Probably looks like chocolate milk today though. Not much happening today other then work. Have a good day all!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, it's off to the dentist this morning to get cleaned. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning.  Got the brakes fixed on my truck.  Tony, who we cared for when his dad went to prison and he needed a time out from his mom [about 20 years ago],[calls me Dad]  came over and fixed them for me.  New ceramic pads, one caliper was shot also so I got two new ones and $186 later it was fixed.  Tony was never trained as a mechanic , just learned it by himself fixing his own cars.  Really appriciated it.  My wife's van was low on brake fluid so that I could handle by myself LOL.

Hair cut today, cut the grass, work on my trolling motor if I have time as well.  Looks like a great day out there.  good luck.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Work and then it's off to the course for league tonight.  LPS every time the break light goes on the wife's mail vehicle I know it's time to change breaks.  She usually has about a week or 2 after the light goes on or both rotors are shot and its metal on metal.  I have changed a ton of brake pads.  My wife goes through a set every 3 months.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
General I suppose that's a lot of stop and go.  My truck had no lights go on, just a all of the sudden grinding noise.  Had my foot control on my Min Kota electric motor checked and sure enough it was shot.  Got a new one for $70 bucks and it works great again.  I thought it was the control board but I guess not.  Glad it works again, a very important tool for sure.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Work and then it's off to the course for league tonight.  LPS every time the break light goes on the wife's mail vehicle I know it's time to change breaks.  She usually has about a week or 2 after the light goes on or both rotors are shot and its metal on metal.  I have changed a ton of brake pads.  My wife goes through a set every 3 months.
yea well that junk you drive I can see why!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Yeah RH my truck is the same way no light comes on.   I just get lucky with the wife's vehicle that I get a warning because lord knows she would drive it past the pads,  rotors, and everything else.   She does see the light though.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ccause its a pretty ccolor. lol
78.50"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Morn'in folks! Working this morning, programming robots....waiting to get the heck out of here. Planning on taking the boat out later before the storm.

Other than that....Have a great day!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. Happy it is Friday. Another fine day at work. :happy1:. Plan to work around the house this weekend. Have a good day.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I'm going to split some campfire wood after work.  We are kid free for the weekend so I have no idea what the plan is yet.  Without the kids I feel like Glenn57 around a pair of work boots.......LOST. :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm going to split some campfire wood after work.  We are kid free for the weekend so I have no idea what the plan is yet.  Without the kids I feel like Glenn57 around a pair of work boots.......LOST. :happy1:
why you #$%&#$ :bs: :bs: :doah: :censored: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:bout spit coffee threw my nose and all over that one!😂

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
slam o da week!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
WORK BOOTS??? Ever checked his foot wear?? Polished and clean I dont care for the style or name :moon:
 But heres a pic of his work wear!!!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well you get one too!!!!!!! my 6 month old new boots are about wore out cause all da hard work they where exposed to already!!!!!!