Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901128 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya that was a good slam on Glen General.  So romeo boots is what we all need when we go visit the nudist camp by RH's place.  Can't wait to hitch up the Rockwood for that adventure.  So Dew those look like those really cool all vinyl shoes is that right?   :Clap:  I love the classy feel of all vinyl shoes.    :rotflmao:  And they are great in the winter on ice and snow.  They will know we are cool when we come walking in proudly with our Romeo boots on.   lol

Well went out fishing on a launch yesterday.  Tired lots of spots and used lots of different colored jigs and even did some spinner drifting.  Had a great time but just barely got our limits of keepers.  Let 3 big ones go.  The biggest was 26".  Left the dock at 7 and got back a little after 6.  LONG day.  I am as red as a lobster.  I could feel my heartbeat in my sunburned face as I went to bed last night.  Read until I could fall asleep.   Never had a beer or cocktail all day so may have to have a few tonight since I don't work tomorrow. 

Well good to catch back up with all of you.  SO Dew if you get a group deal going on those cool shoes let us know, OK?   lol  And RH how great you have the "kid" help you with brakes and stuff.  How special that is!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
getting rained out might get some ffishing in this weekend. just put a big pork loin in pops brine. gonna give it 14 days the puter on the smoke. ccant get enough off that cc baccon
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Ya that was a good slam on Glen General.  So romeo boots is what we all need when we go visit the nudist camp by RH's place.  Can't wait to hitch up the Rockwood for that adventure.  So Dew those look like those really cool all vinyl shoes is that right?   :Clap:  I love the classy feel of all vinyl shoes.    :rotflmao:  And they are great in the winter on ice and snow.  They will know we are cool when we come walking in proudly with our Romeo boots on.   lol

Well went out fishing on a launch yesterday.  Tired lots of spots and used lots of different colored jigs and even did some spinner drifting.  Had a great time but just barely got our limits of keepers.  Let 3 big ones go.  The biggest was 26".  Left the dock at 7 and got back a little after 6.  LONG day.  I am as red as a lobster.  I could feel my heartbeat in my sunburned face as I went to bed last night.  Read until I could fall asleep.   Never had a beer or cocktail all day so may have to have a few tonight since I don't work tomorrow. 

Well good to catch back up with all of you.  SO Dew if you get a group deal going on those cool shoes let us know, OK?   lol  And RH how great you have the "kid" help you with brakes and stuff.  How special that is!
yea, I gotta admit for an office chumlee he did ok on that one!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So Boar what it pops brine?  I have heard you say that before.  Is it also good for a bacon brine?  I may put my last two 3 lb chunks of pork belly in a dry rub tomorrow.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yuup.got it from reiny dose awsome bbacon.
1 gal.water
1/2 cup whhite sugar
1/2 cup bbrown sugar
1T cure
3/4 cup koshher salt.
3 bbig tbsp molassass
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
well you get one too!!!!!!! my 6 month old new boots are about wore out cause all da hard work they where exposed to already!!!!!!

Boar I need help getting out of the waist high crap I've sunk into.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Today marks 33 years with the Warden. Most everyone thinks she must be a saint!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Congrats Roony! :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
the wife got most of the lawn mowed, now we are waiting for it to dry out so I can do my share of lawn work.  :-)  Having coffee now and can actually watch the hunting and fishing shows now since the grandson is not in control any longer.  Might even get to watch that hot blonde Junie do her hunting thing. 

So I have 3 3lb pork bellies left.  I am going to put them in Pop's brine as Boar mentioned earlier.  I have Tender quick but no cure#1.  Tenderquick says I tbls per lb of meat.  That is 9 tablespoons.   That's a lot of cure.  I wonder if I should go to town and find some cure #1 so I don't have to use as much.  RH I hope you are out there to give me some advise.  I guess the Tender quick thing would work too. 

Well have a great day all.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
go to hia site barry and follow what he dose. I'm sure that the pops brine directions are to be followed exact. ive done sliced side por witht eh exact same recipe and have three large chunks of pork loing on the exact same ratio in the recipe. but I guesse Id like to hear from reiny to on this.
78.50"

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
the wife got most of the lawn mowed, now we are waiting for it to dry out so I can do my share of lawn work.  :-)  Having coffee now and can actually watch the hunting and fishing shows now since the grandson is not in control any longer.  Might even get to watch that hot blonde Junie do her hunting thing. 

So I have 3 3lb pork bellies left.  I am going to put them in Pop's brine as Boar mentioned earlier.  I have Tender quick but no cure#1.  Tenderquick says I tbls per lb of meat.  That is 9 tablespoons.   That's a lot of cure.  I wonder if I should go to town and find some cure #1 so I don't have to use as much.  RH I hope you are out there to give me some advise.  I guess the Tender quick thing would work too. 

Well have a great day all.
Get the #1 cure (Pink salt) Tender quick has a small percentage of nitrate and lots of salt 9TBSP to 1 almost equal amount in cure 1.Salty. If you keep making cured meats get a 1 lb bag off ebay cheaper that way.BUT I heard Fleet farm carries pinksalt?? if there is one near you?? I order it caause I cant find it around here.

Heres a all about salts site curing salts scroll down
http://amazingribs.com/recipes/my_ingredients/zen_of_salt.html
« Last Edit: June 06/04/16, 08:52:04 AM by dew2 »
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
oh good morning, Got to my honey hole last night, standing on a rocky shoreline for 4 hours realy wakes u up to ur mortality, I hit the showen bass in the I fish picture contest. small pike that flipped outa my hands. about 945 I felt the classic TAP of a walley, I set the hook and it litteraly didn't move, I just held tension then felt a head shake, then it got pissed and made a for a run and rolled at the surface seen a white belly and snap. Gone was possibly the game winner. could been a pike, but was not characteristic of pike attitude. never know but if it was a pike it woulda been a high 30 incher for sure. nUTHING BETTER THAN FISH STORIES SATURDAY MORN. Have great day gents.!
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
well you get one too!!!!!!! my 6 month old new boots are about wore out cause all da hard work they where exposed to already!!!!!!

Boar I need help getting out of the waist high crap I've sunk into.
I think glenn means the 6 months of dust that needs to be cleaned off...
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok boys going shopping in the Falls.  Good excuse to drive the new Impala.  Cure #1 it is.  May have to have brunch at the Chocolate Moose too.   :-)  Later.  Thanks for the tips.   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Congratulations Mr and Mrs roony!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Looking a little dreary here in the sky.  I'll be hitting the meat raffle at the local watering hole and the CP and I will be going out tonight being we are kid less.  Maybe a little dinner and dancing.  Have a good on fellas.

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking a little dreary here in the sky.  I'll be hitting the meat raffle at the local watering hole and the CP and I will be going out tonight being we are kid less.  Maybe a little dinner and dancing.  Have a good on fellas.
We dont go to watering holes anymore,Which one has a meat raffle? LOcal one

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
First congrats to Roony and his wife !!!!  LPS if you can't find cure #1 there I will send you some Monday.  Just let me know.  I have done dry brines with tenderquick but switched over to Pop's brine years ago.  Simple and great results.  Let us know if you need any help with the belly.  i'm going to go to Costco and pick up a belly myself as soon as I get my new heat element for the smoker that went out on me.  good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats roony!!

Have a good general!

Boar.. . Go away; :rotflmao:

Morning fellers. Damp and dreary here to. Puts a damper in yard work plans. Granddaughter grad ceremony tonight.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yur mean, lol
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wow. I just seem to fall off the grid lately. Congrats to the Roony's! If I can keep the cucumber beetles at bay there may be some cantaloupe in your future come August - September.

Just a yucky past week. Whiny farmers, dumb rec's from the co-op and a crabby wife. One employee comes in Tuesday appearing to be ready for work, gets a call from his dad, then announces that he has to go home to spray ahead of the rain. Swell. No warning just drop a bomb and leave. That piles extra on me and the other guy who's more concerned half the time about his social schedule than his work schedule. These millennials are driving me nuts. They don't get it. We get through this spraying season and there needs to be a long talk about where their priorities lie. I've had it.

Lots of graduations this weekend and I'm getting sick of them too. I need to head to Canada and go on one of my patented 4 or 5 day benders methinks. Take some lamb, the Smokey Joe and go to where the cell phone doesn't work. Eff it.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow. I just seem to fall off the grid lately. Congrats to the Roony's! If I can keep the cucumber beetles at bay there may be some cantaloupe in your future come August - September.

Just a yucky past week. Whiny farmers, dumb rec's from the co-op and a crabby wife. One employee comes in Tuesday appearing to be ready for work, gets a call from his dad, then announces that he has to go home to spray ahead of the rain. Swell. No warning just drop a bomb and leave. That piles extra on me and the other guy who's more concerned half the time about his social schedule than his work schedule. These millennials are driving me nuts. They don't get it. We get through this spraying season and there needs to be a long talk about where their priorities lie. I've had it.

Lots of graduations this weekend and I'm getting sick of them too. I need to head to Canada and go on one of my patented 4 or 5 day benders methinks. Take some lamb, the Smokey Joe and go to where the cell phone doesn't work. Eff it.
is the little sweetie in your avator going with????? :bow: :bow: ;) :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Dew, I read that info you posted.  HOW INTERESTING!   I read pages of it.  I am ordering Prague #1.  He recommended that too.  I am refreezing my pork bellies and will regroup when I get everything.   Thanks all.  AND you all would enjoy the read that Dew posted.  He says in there that all salt is sea salt since we were all under sea water at one time and the salt was left behind.  I always knew that the sea salt thing was a marketing scheme.  NaCl is NaCl period.....

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Dew, I read that info you posted.  HOW INTERESTING!   I read pages of it.  I am ordering Prague #1.  He recommended that too.  I am refreezing my pork bellies and will regroup when I get everything.   Thanks all.  AND you all would enjoy the read that Dew posted.  He says in there that all salt is sea salt since we were all under sea water at one time and the salt was left behind.  I always knew that the sea salt thing was a marketing scheme.  NaCl is NaCl period.....
Hey Glad to hear that youngster!! Now step it up a notch and read this below,I make lots of unsmoked pork and hang it fof 30 days to 6 months,Some old time Italian recipes! And procuitto for up to 2 years!Their tasty and great. Hope you'll try the recipe below!! Especially with belly!!
https://ourdailybrine.com/how-to-make-rolled-pancetta-recipe/
« Last Edit: June 06/04/16, 03:13:04 PM by dew2 »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
is the little sweetie in your avator going with????? :bow: :bow: ;) :rotflmao:

I'd paddle her canoe

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I will read that tomorrow Dew.  Youngster......   Well how old are you?   :scratch:   I do take that as a compliment.  A friend of mine and I chartered a launch here on LOW a couple of days ago as I mentioned before on here.  The ol captain played some great old tunes and loved singing along to them.  Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, and then to Jethro Tull and Neil Young.  Quite a spread.  Well here I found out he is 62.   SO HE IS A YOUNG GUY!   I am 62.  lol   Isn't it funny how others look older that we are??    :bonk:  :happy1:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
I will read that tomorrow Dew.  Youngster......   Well how old are you?   :scratch:   I do take that as a compliment.
I made a guess because of the Platinum Blonde hair look aint as well developed as mine.I was chit out on a fence post an dried in 1951

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Rare "House-to-myself" day today!!!  Gotta cherish these moments.  Nothing I love more than my wife and two boys, but extended moments of solitude are VERY rare for me. My wife did request that I have supper ready when they get home.  So I'll be relaxing and smoking ribs today!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
went out with my beautiful wife last ight, ahd a lot of fun playing bingo, that's B-I-N-G-O glenn. and going out to eat, stoped by some friends for a bit. The wife works for arctic cat. so we started talking side by sides. pretty soon My gears started turning and now I have the wife convienced on a side by side. just gota figure out what I want. Yippie!!
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I too went out with the wife last night.  We hit a round of golf then went out for supper.  Then we hit the local watering hole and danced to some old country band.  It was such a good time I needed a ride home. 

Boar when you say side by side do you mean one to work with or one of those sporty ones.  We have a Polaris ranger 900xp with 1300 trouble free miles.