Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4947664 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
we want a works horse, those dune buggy types are fun but I want more versitity. all around typ what you have is what I'm looking for.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin.  I slept late today and it felt great.  Usually I plan on sleeping late on the weekend and at about 10 to 6 I wake up like usual and then think of how fun it is to have a day off and I get up and make coffee.  Go figure.  We had coffee on the deck and now I am making sausage patties and eggs for breakfast and then we are going to hit the local garden vendor for some tomatoes, peppers, cukes, zucchini etc.  That will be fun.  I made 2 3' x 7' garden boxes last year.  We use them and put the cukes and zuchini out on their own and let them spread.   I think I will make another box too.  They are kind of nice.  Keeps things contained for us. 

It is getting hot out already.  I am not used to that yet.  It has been pretty cloudy and rainy for so long this spring.  I even have the shorts on already.  Try to get a tan on my alabastor legs.  Remember that was Diane on Cheers natural color....  lol

Well have a great day, I have to flip my patties.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morning, had a nice ride with the wife and friends yesterday and really started to put together an idea for a side by side. cant afford anything to big, but I really think one dosent need all that much to have fun. off to the salt mines. have a good day guys.
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Work and more work for this guy today.  No plans yet for this evening but I'm sure something will pop up.  I'm really getting tired of the wind around here.  Have a good day gentlemen. :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. I hear ya about the wind. does not seem to stop blowing, was really windy yesterday. Another day in paradise. Have a good one all.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Good Morning.  Spent a week plus at the cabin due to some issues up there and to fish.  Wow...Memorial Weekend we had three guys and Saturday we only caught 9 walleyes but on Sunday 35.  A ton of 17 inchers and up to 27 inches.  All week it was good fishing but catch and release fishing frankly gets old after a while which is a good problem to have.  I felt like I was retired and I could see why fishing wouldn't have the allure it does to us Weekend Warriors after a while.  Friday a buddy arrived and we caught 20 Fri night and 31 on Saturday all to be released back into the water except the fish he brought home.  Leeches were the ticket.

With 5 days left I dropped my phone and only the right side of the screen didn't work.  Took me a few days of trial and error but after a while I could almost do everything on it by tipping in different directions to get icons on the correct side of the screen.  Problem was that when I used the tv remote I'd start thinking the right side of it didn't work. 
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..................busy week.............off to Duluth later.........then its off to the cabin for 3 days of work in grand rapids. then be in red wing by 8;30ish Friday am. might be able to wet a line alittle while I am up there!!!!!

have a good one..............yep even you boar!!!!!!!!!!

not sure i'd do a side by side. we have a 2 up seat can-am and love it. but suppose it all depends what you plan on needing it for. happy shopping there mr boar!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I just got a moment to post...back to work, programming robots. ...worked in the yard most of the weekend. Started discing up a food plot area...gonna plant kale. Have to spray down another area soon so I can start on that one.

Have a great day!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Work and then I'm going to be hitting the golf course this evening.  I should be spraying and mowing grass, but one has to have priorities  :happy1:

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I skipped outa work early yesterday to go play golf...I hadn't hit a ball in 2 years, but I  feel I did well enough to put the clubs away for another 2 years. They had a fabulous dinner for us after we golfed. Chicken and Ribs with smashed taters and green beans.  Back at work today, mama and I  made some more of them jar salads, so that's what I'm having on my lunch break.

Have a great day boys!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
2 more days of school for the kids and we will then have a Senior and Junior living here.  I always get excited for the kids for the end of the school year.  You can have prom, homecoming all the other events of the year I'm all about school ending and Summer beginning.  I'm also looking forward to my daughters books and papers to not be spread out in every room surrounding the kitchen.  My son is stellar at keeping his stuff in whatever spot he does, I rarely see it.

We're heading to Walleye World Friday morning...my son and a buddy.  Hoping the fish are still in the vicinities they were last week which I believe they should be.  Have a great day and LPS I finally saw the dog laying in the background of your photo...great shot!
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
the nice weather has us at work getting balls to the wall. gona be busy for a bit hope it don't take long to catch up, the bean farmers are knocking hard for their beans to be sprayed, but we got a lot of wheat to finish first. I know Ill be working till next Friday straight, unless we get rain out.  didn't get a garden in this year but I'm letting the weeds come up and killing them off. till then weeds then kill. Always have weeds, but I made the mistake of adding farmers manure 15 years ago, with all the maure seed that kept going to sed, it got ugly. have a good day guys, Go Campapalooza!
78.50"

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Heading up to Grindstone this morning with Lucy with my banged up 12 footer.  Don't want to bring up the big boat because the landing may be too shallow right now.  Report later.  Have a good day.  good luck.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I played 18 holes yesterday evening and what a nice night it was.  After work tonight the kids and I might head into the fair in town to check it out.  I'm a sucker for those cheese curds.  Later fellas.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi all. Have fun fishing RH. Just another day at the salt mine. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning.  Beautiful day here.  HD, I used to golf a lot but since I moved up here I just haven't found the time.  I even bought my wife a set of clubs last year thinking maybe we could get out on some weekend mornings.  My Dad still golfs almost daily.  Once a year my brother, Dad, and I get together and do 9 holes.  I love doing par 3 courses.  I have always liked irons better than woods.  As a matter of fact I don't even use woods when we do a regular course.  I lose too many balls with my slice using woods.  lol 

Have fun today RH.  I hope you catch some fish.  We did get our garden in on Sunday.  In the 3' x 7" garden box we put 6 tomatoes, in the other one we put 6 peppers.  We also did some english cukes and some pickle cukes.  We don't go big time but enjoy what we do.  Seem to expand a little each year.  We just started a couple of years ago.  Used to do the pails on the deck thing.  Got to be a pain.  This is much more fun. 

Later all. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
golf............that's for people who cant pitch horseshoes!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!! OR CATCH FISH!!!!!!

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I've played 80-100 plus rounds a golf a year for ten years plus.  Haven't golfed once this year...didn't work with my new lifestyle and I don't miss it at all.  I go to the cabin instead of staying at home golfing, don't get in trouble playing an emergency 9 or 18, only thing I miss is golfing with my son like I used to.  I stay in touch with my golf buddies still fishing.  It's a great game for hanging out with friends. 
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
golf............that's for people who cant pitch horseshoes!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!! OR CATCH FISH!!!!!!
UMM so maybe you oughtta take it up,Never saw ya throw a shoe BUT I jnow how ya fish EH! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: training-087 :withstupid: :reporter;
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
In my prime my ringer percentage was 34%. Use to pitch in state sanctioned tournaments and league. They are clay courts so no cheap slide in for ringers. Haven't picked up a shoe since my heart bypass but once. Rib cage felt like it was a little loose yet so I quit. Thinking I might get them out again this summer. Got sand courts in my back yard.

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
horseshoe stats...who knew they kept those.  Then again I'm keeping fishing stats this year.  14 of 15 days I've caught the limit of walleyes on our lake of 4 or more and yes I let most of them go. I will keep keeping track until my success rate goes down which is bound to happen.  Ironically I get shut down by the wife about 14 of 15 times too. :surrender:
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
In my prime my ringer percentage was 34%. Use to pitch in state sanctioned tournaments and league. They are clay courts so no cheap slide in for ringers. Haven't picked up a shoe since my heart bypass but once. Rib cage felt like it was a little loose yet so I quit. Thinking I might get them out again this summer. Got sand courts in my back yard.

I bet back in the 30's they probably used real horse shoes.  There are no bad sports that one can drink beer and play at the same time. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

Easy peezy....Glenn, I'll  whoop ya at shoes or catch'in fish
(So long as yur not steal'in fish out'a yur wifes bucket)

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I finally did it.  I killed a deer in a dream last night.  It was a cluster for sure but my nephew and I spotted a deer in a corn field (we don't hunt in farm country) and we were sitting at a table by the field and I couldn't find my gun at first.  I finally found my gun which in the dream was my over under 16 gauge and I walked up to the deer and he ran and I whacked him with the bottom barrel of the 16 gauge with a slug right behind the shoulder. 

I don't know why but he was a medium racked 8 pointer or so, nothing special.  36 years of dreaming about deer hunting and I finally bagged a buck and my gun didn't misfire.  Sweet.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
good morning to all. I little about my morning. I have a little mowing to do for the  township, a little cleaning in the cabins that are unrented for the weekend? I might even wet a line. The guy in the smaller cabin canceled as he said it is going to be to hot Saturday? I'm showing 82 and pleasant for Saturday, chance of strong thunderstorms friday?  Might get the sweety to go fishing with me, I have not been out but talked to a few golfers from baudett that have been down Monday and Tuesday and did real well? So that answers some of my questions of where all these boats come from for the day. Lake of the woods are a few of them. When I was mowing the ball fields Tuesday I counted 50 trailers at the access, plus another 10 or so at the other access.
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Another great day here.  Going to get warm today and tomorrow.  Will feel good after the cool rainy days.  LL my dad had an old JC Higgins 16 gauge.  He never had the desire to upgrade his whole life.  My brother and I both learned to shoot with that old gun.  It was nothing fancy but we all loved that gun.  It was a bolt action but had a magazine like a pump for the extra shells.  I think those 16 gauges are underestimated guns.  Congrats on the dream kill.  lol

Horseshoes.  I have been thinking of that for some time.  Like a few years.  Should have made pits when I started thinking about it.  Still in thinking mode.  Talked to the wife about if she would enjoy it last night.  We may go for it.  Used to be the big thing to do while drinking beer on weekends.  Now it seems everyone does that bean bag toss thing into the wooden deal.  It is fun too but just not horseshoes.  The bean bag thing is more portable though. 

Thinking about what to do for the weekend.  May go up to the NW Angle to have a burger at Jerry's Bar.  The wife has never been to the Angle and I go all of the time for work.  She has been curious to go. 

May also do some ribs on the smoker.  We will see what transpires.  See ya later.

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
I have to agree on the horse shoes. Must be that clang. the bean bags is all right but I'm old school with the horse shoe. I better see if I can find my set and set them up down at the lake for the summer. Saw a brass and chrome set years ago and should of pulled the trigger they were sharp looking. I have never played that botchy ball and that looks fun. Used to play a lot of bad mitten  also had a net down in the water .Was a hoot diving for shots but the rackets  took a beating in the water. The greek and I had some outstanding matches over the years.
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
moning. used to play alot shhoes withh my dad.  i jhad that one full rotation thhrow and nailed it everytime it seemed. i hhad thhe flip flop thhrow. end over end.
.out spraying. got a jhead acchh. only hhad one bbeer. hhope.my lymes aint flairin up. i dont get jhead achhs.
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Quit drinking the spray solution.... 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
oh...... that makes sense.lol!