Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903269 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning. with all the weather alerts we got nuttin. maybe a tenth of an inch of rain so today I need to get the garden wet among other things before I leave tomorrow for a week in red wing being a union thug!!!!!!

did step out for a bit and noticed low humidity......that's a good start. last nite right as I was getting ready to do some serious work on a new welder stand we lost power for about 2 hours. when the power came back on I had lost all my ambition!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
hang in the buddy, give em hell. I'm doing my final batch of Canadian bacon. lost count on the days in the brine but I know I hit the minimum. gonna mow the law, put up ma's screen tent, fix my kruege again. an have a day. my next smoking dealio is gonna be either, chicken, or buckboard bacon, reiny site has such great recipies.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We got about 15 drops of rain last night so just finished watering the small garden and about 20 some odd pots and planters Mrs. Cheviot has strewn about the property. Don't know how I can keep this pace up! (without gin...lol) Also sprayed some Round Up on a few small spots I'm getting tired of trimming around. Did some chicken breasts on the grill so need to clean that mess up. Just nice to sit still for a minute.

Had a fun day at the car show at Ellendale Days yesterday. Our club sponsors it so we don't compete. Lots of nice classic automobiles. I was on parking detail so was an opportunity to visit with folks about their cars. Luckily I had remembered to stock my cooler so could enjoy some refreshments in the shade between parking cars. My buddy Roger's day was made as when we'd finished, some guy whose daughter's minivan had died on the street wondered if any of us had jumper cables or a starter pack. She was  maybe 17 or 18, tanned with legs up to her armpits and wearing an airy low-cut dress. Even at 75 years old, Roger couldn't help her fast enough! 

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 06/26/16, 04:37:45 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
???? you slippin dotch??????? you didn't beat him off so you could help her!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm trying to conserve my energy for when Mrs. Cheviot arrives back home later today. No doubt she'll aggressively attempt to have her way with me so I must be rested in order to resist and thwart her advances. I think I feel a nap coming on now that you mention it.  ;)
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Just fart, burp and pick your nose. works evertime... well that's what glenn tells me anyway.
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just fart, burp and pick your nose. works evertime... well that's what glenn tells me anyway.
and I still gotta beat them away!!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
  Good one Boar...    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I gave you a point for that one.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morning fellers, looks like were pretty caught up on the spraying, might have a little bit of summer. things work out ill be heading to cookies for a little redlake r@r. finished another pork loin yesterday, hope to get that cut up soon. not a whole heck of lot going on here, got the fixins for some sausage to make, just gota figure out what, leaning towards some sticks. Have a great day guys!
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I spent the weekend at scout camp with the boy.   He participated in every activity and made it to the top of the climbing wall.   

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 06/27/16, 08:23:32 AM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Appears to me he had a blast! :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning gents! Already in red wing for another week of negotiations. Need to get it done this week.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Morning! er, Afternoon! About done scouting for today so will head to the grocery store momentarily as Mrs. Cheviot is off again late Tuesday or Wednesday. Need to restock some vittles and my quinine water and lime supply appear to be dwindling. I played dead last night so like a bear, she sniffed and pawed me, then covered me with brush and moved on.  :happy1: 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning! er, Afternoon! About done scouting for today so will head to the grocery store momentarily as Mrs. Cheviot is off again late Tuesday or Wednesday. Need to restock some vittles and my quinine water and lime supply appear to be dwindling. I played dead last night so like a bear, she sniffed and pawed me, then covered me with brush and moved on.  :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:some day we need to hear her version!!!!

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hello?  this is the first day I've touched a computer since two Thursdays ago.  Went to the cabin and did some fishing and some chores unrelated to sheep.  Stained some decks, replace some screens, fixed and tinkered on some stuff.  I ate walleye 7 of ten nights, ice cream and diet coke.  Lost two pounds.  Would have lost 5 but the ice cream consumption was pretty high.  Good to be back, can't wait to leave again.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Sounds like a good time :happy1:  tonight is something quick for supper and then it's off to watch my daughters softball game.  Maybe a beer or two after that.

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good job with the kids General.  Good to hear you had a good time LL.  It does sound like fun.  The wife surprised me with some Edy's Ice Cream last night.  She keeps an eye on my cholesterol.  She got Butterfinger ice cream.  It was awesome.  I pack as much as I can in a coffee cup.  (large one)  That is my portion control.  You can pack a lot of ice cream in a coffee cup.  I did it right before bed.  Made it a little hard to fall asleep.  Oh well, it was worth it.....   I will have it a little earlier tonight.

Resprayed part of the food plot project last night.  We have had so much rain it has been hard to work on it.  I will try to get to some more discing on the other part if it doesn't rain tonight.  I will let you know Deadeye.  One thing is the seeder on it.  This seed is so small that using a hand broadcaster is the way to go.  That seeder isn't made for such small seed.  I suppose it is more for oats or wheat beans or other larger seed.

Will see ya all later.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morning gents. sun is shining. its beutifull out there. spraying has slowed down and were done with weekends, gonna pack up and head to cookies for the weekend. now I can get some much need projects done. importants stuf ya know, deer stands, bait barrels. pick up a load of trail mix last night, getting excited!! have a great day!
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea your bride told it don't take much to get you excited though!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

MORNING FOLKS......STILL HARD AT IT  down in red wing. got 3 days of negotiations left and finally gonna get to the economics...........friggin lawyers!!!!!!!!

lookin forward to the weekend with the hounddogs, a fire and cooler of cold beer at home. with no one around!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 06/29/16, 07:33:18 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning. Glenn's weekend plans sounds similar to ours. Cold beer and a fire, doesn't get any better then that. Planning to haul some gravel on Saturday. Getting ready to pour a concrete patio. Was hoping to have it done by now, But like LPS said. With all this rain it makes it hard to get anything done. Also need to start working on the same honey do list as Boar. So many things and so little time. Have a good day.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I need to see how these negotations go but I may be back down here july 7 and 8. matter of fact I am pretty sure I will be but if I don't need to be I am going to plead and negotiate a day or 2 off that weekend to head north!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
youre great at pleadi g and begging.! at ice a palooza i walked up to ur house,andbefore i knocke, i heard.."please lord, just 1 fish, just one, it dosent have to be big, but just 1"  and then ur wife gose on to catch them all....lol!
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
youre great at pleadi g and begging.! at ice a palooza i walked up to ur house,andbefore i knocke, i heard.."please lord, just 1 fish, just one, it dosent have to be big, but just 1"  and then ur wife gose on to catch them all....lol!
don't you got a manure pile to go bury your head into!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant post on the public forums what I heard you begging for..................and that was with fawk HD and the general!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
After softball last night I finally was able to round up the garden with no wind around.  Tonight I'll be pulling the framper out to the lake for the weekend.  Glad to hear everyone is doing well and they will be in relaxation mode this weekend.  I think I'm going to whip up a batch of Glenn's Bloody Mary mix and tequila rose.  The wife did hint towards me last night about doing the grocery shopping for the weekend.  I pretended not to hear and switched the subject hoping she got the point and does it herself.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
good thing you brought that up.......... I need to get them reciepies out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I'm sorry glenn, Ive got that all wrong, this what I actually heard, "Honey please please let me tell them I caught it. Please Honey!"
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That Butterfinger ice cream sounds mighty good right about now LPS. Been doing the prep for the butt cam since yesterday and while I can crap through a screen door, I am hungry as a horse. Can't wait to get through this so I can eat something, anything!  :popcorn: Didn't help matters that yesterday Mrs. Cheviot had baked a pie and took it with her to Michigan right before she left. When I got home last night, the house smelled like fresh baked rhubarb pie sans the pie! Gotta get chores done, get cleaned up and a friend is supposed pick me up about 8. Wish me luck! 

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
crap through a screen door  funny stuff
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Aha, so your turn for the anal invasion huh Dotch?   lol  It is funny when it is someone else.  Hope all goes well for you.  I need an extra day off afterwards just to get things back in order.  Stressful deal...

I need to get another mineral block today and need to maybe seed part of the seed plot tonight.  Have to get that done if the weather lets me.  Getting to be a drawn out afair.  Had a doe by the garbage can along the driveway last night.  The wife said she is waiting for me to plant her food plot.  lol

Well see ya all later. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I had that done when I turned 50.........8 years ago. that was the worst part in my opinion, the not eating and the gawd awefull juice. I ALMOST  made the mistake of being to far away from the throne the first round!!! the procedure was a piece of cake. after I was done I found the nearest greasy spoon and reenergized!!!!!!

I must warn you as much as I don't like taking naps I needed to take one. oh and they told me I was a perfect arsehole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!