Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901643 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
good morning. another day of negotiations. yesterday was a complete waste. actually it pizzed me off completely. the company and there half azzed half done proposals. and the agreement expires the 3rd.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I am sure Boar had already told you that Glenn. ;) You could have skipped the whole thing. I have a few years to go yet before I get to go thru the great invasion. Just can't wait. :puke: My wife gets to do it this year. Well another day at the salt mines. Did get a little rain yesterday, but not a lot. I may actually get some dirt work done in the yard this weekend. YIPPY! :happybounce:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually jerkbait he had a different version! :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 ;D
I had that done when I turned 50.........8 years ago. that was the worst part in my opinion, the not eating and the gawd awefull juice. I ALMOST  made the mistake of being to far away from the throne the first round!!! the procedure was a piece of cake. after I was done I found the nearest greasy spoon and reenergized!!!!!!

I must warn you as much as I don't like taking naps I needed to take one. oh and they told me I was a perfect arsehole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I've been told too and I'd believe it. That stuff you drink tasted like, well, I can't print exactly what I told the one guy but after some of the Sweaty Betty's I'd run across occasionally, I think it explains one of the flavors. The aroma from the inside of my 5 buckle chitkickers that also lends itself to the bouquet. And they think they're going to cover that up with a little packet of lemon flavoring? Guess again...lol. Luckily I was once on the US Olympic napping team. Now I've retired from that, I still keep in shape by working out on the recliner while watching Bonanza reruns. Matter of fact, I feel a bomb session coming on this afternoon. And as far as your last line, WE KNOW!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: June 06/30/16, 03:49:45 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning. When it rains it pours.
I have a nice busy day today. It started last Friday I decided to head to work early and get in a quick nines holes of golf. 3 miles from baudett and a deer come across the road full blast .Going 70 I had little chance and took out my radiator, headlight assembly and bent the hood. the hood still open and closes but I have a new radiator on order. hoping it will come by tomorrow as a my friend wayne is coming up .he's a old friend from my car painting days and is a body man so it should go fairly well. Got a ride to work after I smack the deer and brought my clubs figuring I would get in 9 holes after work. nope  we had a big group come in and used up the last 10 carts and I do not walk, I get plenty of exercise getting in and out of the golf cart. Go in the club house for lunch and that big group are also having lunch so no lunch. The honey bunny came up and picked me up and we towed the car home. Went to mow and the john deer will not engage the blades Switch?  pretty rough day. was awakened at 4 am Saturday morning with a sever thunderstorm just missing us. A second one came through around 6 and we had a few hail stone the size of a large marble. I was a little nervous about taking a family fishing Saturday morning after all the bad luck friday. I picked them up at rodgers harbor and we went to my go to morning spot where we drifted. Lost my favorite jig it was blue with rattles on it. We did have good action though and either caught a fish or lost one  the first 15 drifts or so. I told them I wanted to be off the lake by noon as they were predicting severe afternoon storms. I fire up the Honda 225 to head in and it fires up great, runs great, sounds good, no alarms and it had no power? 7 miles a hour at full throttle. I'm hoping its the fuel filter and will be replacing that today. Its looks like a two hour job. have some mowing to do for the township and the honey bunny is going to mow the resort with our back up mower and I will weed whip. I also have to mow the park  for the township. Boar is going to come up this weekend and camp down at the lake. We have some fireworks and I hope boar does not mind if we shoot them off down by the lake saturday night. have a great day and take it easy
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yessir cookie my freind, we'll be there and of course, we would lov to watch the show!!! looking forward to seei g you!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck Dotch. Did my first osconley(spelling) at 53. I waited too long and should have done the camera job at 50. I paid a price for it. My thoughts are with you.
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Markn: Thank you. That's not the first time I've heard that from folks. One of my friends had the same situation. If he had waited any longer he probably wouldn't be with us. I hope you're around a long time yet too.

For everyone else: I am 58 and had blown it off too as it seemed I was always on the run with little time to sit still long enough to get checked out. No history of colorectal problems in our family so that probably didn't help the urgency. Not pleasant to think about and just one of those things that's easy to put on the back burner. The key thing for me though was when I passed some blood back in May, it was a red flag that it was time to stop procrastinating and act. The prep was not pleasant although the scientist part of me kicked in and and made an experiment out of it. If you're a "hold my beer and watch this" kind of guy that approach might work too. I also was fortunate to have a loosely knit group of support people who've been through it which helped make it easier and somewhat more palatable. A good friend hauled me to the hospital and brought me home so that was a relief. I came through the anesthesia fine but just the same, they will not allow you to leave on your own. And if driving within 24 hours it's on your dime if you have an accident coming off the anesthesia. As some pointed out, the procedure itself was a piece of cake. I was out of it and never heard or saw a thing until they wheeled the bed back from the operating room.

I was very fortunate. I have some diverticulosis, something that is very manageable with diet. Otherwise I got a clean bill of health for today. And I got to eat at DQ afterwards. Their $5 lunch deal was just what I needed. Getting time for a nap now though. Can only run on adrenaline so long.

After going through this though I would urge anyone who was putting it off and making excuses to get a colonoscopy like I was to get it done. The peace of mind of knowing where you're at is worth it if nothing else.     
« Last Edit: June 06/30/16, 03:47:53 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I feel for ya...I had mine done at 53....stuff coming out of both ends. It's a ruff ride but, I guess it needed to be done.  :puke:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. Happy Friday!!! Glad to hear all is clear in the rectal department around here. :happy1: Well everyone have an awesome weekend. Enjoy the 4th.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yep heading cookies for the weekend! looking forward to it. hope allls well with the butt stuff, i gots it coming next year.  have a great 4th weekend!!! post pics of ur weekend, wether u do nuthi g or do something.! later, boar
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
You guys are a gas  ;)

I'm hoping to be done on time today so I can get to trying to drown my liver this weekend.  I have baby back and St. Louis ribs planned for Nagatha 2 out at the lake.  Nagatha 2 is very stubborn loading her fat arse in the back of the truck by myself.  Hope everyone comes back Tuesday with 10 fingers.   :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 I'm spiffing up mower blades and some adjustments,Then some gardening stuff.
 General excuse for me to drive over for pizza sauce NEED help loadin a smoker?
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So Boar I suppose you are a rectal virgin yet.  LOL  Ya it is a piece of cake except the last few hours of drinking the stuff.  I left an inch or two of it in the container but didn't tell them that.  A friend of mine told them he didn't quite drink it all and they made him go home and do it again a month later.  They told me how good and cleaned out I was so it worked for me.  The first few hours of drinking it I thought this is no big deal.  Then after a while it gets slower and harder to keep drinking.  My wife handed me the stuff right on schedule so there was no getting away from it. 

Well looking forward to a fun weekend.  Of course some grilling and sipping will be involved.  Have a good one all of you.  Fill those colons with meat.  It's what's for dinner.   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yep heading cookies for the weekend! looking forward to it. hope allls well with the butt stuff, i gots it coming next year.  have a great 4th weekend!!! post pics of ur weekend, wether u do nuthi g or do something.! later, boar
another day off? :scratch: ;)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Thanks for the good news Dotch. Made my day. Headed to campground just north of home after work. Weekend of good food, fishing and a few cold beers. Hope Mr. Musky is cooperative. Gotta love it.

All, have fun and be safe. I need to get my daily laugh reading this thread (thanks boar and glen).
mm

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
as far a reciever lps, yes.
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
no further comments....   :surrender:   :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm...  :moon::scratch:

Ya LPS those last couple glasses of that stuff were the hardest to swallow. I asked the pharmacist if I could mix it with gin and laughed his tail off. 1st time he'd ever had anyone ask that he claimed. Luckily all my practice doing shots must've paid off. I finished the whole 4 liters. And as you said, the doc was impressed with my cleanout. Didn't even find those marbles and pennies I swallowed as a kid!  :happy1:

Just got off the phone with the nurse who was calling to check up on me and make sure I was doing OK. I seriously did not expect that. Totally back to normal today eating-wise and otherwise. Best of all I shouldn't have to do this again for 10 years. I feel very fortunate. I'm sure they feel fortunate to be rid of me. ;D

Need to saw up the crabapple this weekend that blew down yesterday. Poor thing had a rough 25 year existence. 1st a 50 year old ash tree landed on it about 7 years ago in a windstorm, breaking off about a third of it. Another third of it broke off in the wind a couple years ago and yesterday's wind finally finished it off. If anyone wants a few hunks of apple wood here's your big chance. Need to get a couple legs of lamb out to grill for Sunday's bash but other than that, probably have enough cooked ahead to survive. Anyway, think I'll pull the pin and sneak out of here before some clown dreams up some silly arsed problem they think demands my attention. Besides, I bet there is part of a liter of Boodles in the cabinet at home that might be going out of code pretty quick. ;) Have a good weekend everyone! :USA:       
« Last Edit: July 07/01/16, 04:03:21 PM by Dotch »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That is funny dotch,  glad to hear it went well. Been lakeside this week mainly working on different projects that got pushed off but I still found away to keep Anheuser-Busch afloat.  The whipper snappers b-day today so we did some water stuff, went to town and tore up the putt putt range with some dairy Queen afterwards. Yepper fellas have save and fun filled weekend!! :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got back from a great family get together at my brothers at Ottertail.  So I check in here and WHAT???  No Good mornings?  lol   Here is to getting back on track.  We had a great time.  My nephew brought about $400 worth of fireworks.  To me that is a lot.  He bought fuses and researched how to do 9 in each sequence and it was awesome.  We of course had the Rockwood to relax in and one night we all sat outside it for the gathering.  I played a bunch of Clapton, Stones, Dire Straits, Van Morrison, Santana, etc etc.  Some great old CD's that have been ignored for far too long.  Will keep them dusted off now.  Dotch inspired me when he posted music things at HSO.  We went to Zorbaz for lunch on Sunday and yup all of the hot chicks still are there in their bikinis.  My brother and I were laughing and nodding at this and that so the wives didn't know what we meant.  OR we think we were being sneaky....   lol   He put some pork butts on the Daniel Boone at 235 for a 6-8 hour smoke.  After a couple of hours we see it is smoking like a mother and checked it out.  It was at 500 degrees and had been for 2 hours.  His wife had brought the remote in the house and had hit the button that turned it up all of the way.....   DUH!!!   We we took it off pronto and wrapped it.  It was still soft and already at 195 after 2 hours.  Let it sit till later and put in a crock pot after cutting off the outer crust of black.  After reheating it it was great!   Of course there was some loss due to the burnt stuff.  I would have put more of it in the pulled pork myself...  So if you are in a hurry just cook the hell out of it at high heat.  Worked great.

Ok this is getting too long, sorry.  Just missed you guys....    :happy1:  I had to stop at Blackduck and picked up some spare ribs and we have them on my Daniel Boone now.  All unpacked and having cocktails and loving the day.   Wonder what trouble LL is getting in today???   Or Boar.....   lol

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Dire Straits, Van Morrison OH WEE wild nights are for me.Great tunes an you still got em?? Cat Stevens maybe?
 AN YEP IF i cranked the heat up to much LOTS a that bark would a gone into the pulled pork!! It would a moistened an added so much flavor!
 I'll bet da wimmen knew what was up and Just ignored you AuldPharts with a chuckle!! thinkin those are the lost days!!!
 Nice to see ya had a great time!!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so LPS.........WHATS your opinion of zorbas food???? I heard it isn't all that good!!!!!!

or do you really just go there for the scenery!!!!!!!!!

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got home myself from a 4 day weekend, the 3rd was moms bday and today is my sisters bday. I smoked a 10 pound pork butt yesterday for 12 hours that finished at 2:00 this morning, wrapped in towels and let sit for a few hours to catch a little nap before pulling. This afternoon was two chickens on the grill and taco salad. I had my brother do the pie baking because baking sweets is not my thing, I don't have the patience for exact measurements, my A.D.D. kicks in. Hope y'all had a good holiday, now it's time for a vacation to relax and unwind after having a few days off of work and going nonstop. I did manage to get in 36 holes of golf in.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got home myself from a 4 day weekend, the 3rd was moms bday and today is my sisters bday. I smoked a 10 pound pork butt yesterday for 12 hours that finished at 2:00 this morning, wrapped in towels and let sit for a few hours to catch a little nap before pulling. This afternoon was two chickens on the grill and taco salad. I had my brother do the pie baking because baking sweets is not my thing, I don't have the patience for exact measurements, my A.D.D. kicks in. Hope y'all had a good holiday, now it's time for a vacation to relax and unwind after having a few days off of work and going nonstop. I did manage to get in 36 holes of golf in.
HMmmmm........I don't see anyone on the pro golf tour named coffee???????? lol!!!!

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got home myself from a 4 day weekend, the 3rd was moms bday and today is my sisters bday. I smoked a 10 pound pork butt yesterday for 12 hours that finished at 2:00 this morning, wrapped in towels and let sit for a few hours to catch a little nap before pulling. This afternoon
 was two chickens on the grill and taco salad. I had my brother do the pie baking because baking sweets is not my thing, I don't have the patience for exact measurements, my A.D.D. kicks in. Hope y'all had a good holiday, now it's time for a vacation to relax and unwind after having a few days off of work and going nonstop. I did manage to get in 36 holes of golf in.
HMmmmm........I don't see anyone on the pro golf tour named coffee???????? lol!!!!
The first 18 I shot pretty good (for me) an 81. The second 18 well let's just say it was a triple digit score :surrender:
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I lived at Ottertail we went to Zorbaz lots by boat.  The food was great.  Pregnant Burritoz are awesome, and great pizza too.  We we had the macho nachos.  It is a big pile of food.  It wasn't great.  It was ok.  Hardly any meat on it and not much cheese neither.  I didn't say anything but later when we all talked about it everyone else who had them (We had 3 orders of them) thought the same thing.  They were busy as heck too.  AND yes the scenery was great.  My brother and I can almost talk to each other just using eye movement and facial expressions.  LOLOL  There is the "look that way", or "check this one out" looks.  And then the "oh ya I see"  and "oh ya you are right" looks.  It shouldn't matter but maybe since they were so busy they hurry up the production of the food and it is not as good.  But ya it wasn't as good as I remember it was. 

Here is something my brother has been doing to get some good pics.  He has put a water tank by a tree and the bucks have been drinking out of it even thought there are lakes and ponds everywhere around the area.  I will try to post it.  I took the day off and hope to get my food plot done.  I may do what I can and just put the darm seed down at let it be.  We are supposed to have rain tomorrow so hopefull what ever state I have it in the seed will grow.  I am just going to go over the browned up vegetation a few times with the Plotmaster and spread seed.  It won't look like a dirt field like I had imagined but there will be cuts in the ground from the disc for the seed to get trapped in.?.? 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya here is the pic of the bucks I said I would post.  Wish I had them here...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Morning, why dose the first day of work after a holiday weekend make ya just wann say screw it! oh owell, got play gota pay. sunny day here. hope it don't get hot. hate hot. not much new and exciting. put up the clam screen tent, love that thing. made just like a hub style fish house but a screen house. 5 min up 5 min down and away ya go. perfect for camping. well have a great day gents.
78.50"