Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905112 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Aha the Kelloggs chick arises again.  Well LL probably rises anyhow.  lol  Well we got the AC's in the windows last night.  One in the bedroom and one in the front porch.  Works pretty good.  The wife closed the bedroom door when she got up this morning.  Then she comes back in and wakes me a little later.  It was so cold in there with the door closed I told her we may have to start the pellet stove.  ha ha.   Also last night I put new spark plugs in the 40 hp Honda four stroke.  It has had a little hesitation especially at idle.  That can't be.  I put Seafoam in the gas last week and it still had the hiccup so put the plugs in and alas we are back to smooooth.  Went for a few mile ride last night with the dogs and the wife.  Felt great.  Going to grill pork chops tonight.  Not sure what else we will have with them. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
as long as we brought back the Kelloggs chick with this heat I'm wondering if RH is heading to the Nudist Swim Club in Andover (actually East Bethel)?  I heard the flag football game was cancelled due to heat concerns.  Also, I saw a box fan in my garage at cabin, I had to laugh.  No stickers on it.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LL as long as we are discussing previous encounters, ya think them walleye fillets in the landfill are done yet!

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
man did I step in that didn't I? 

Luckily an angler of my caliber has no problem keeping walleye available.  I was at cabin so much I was going out and catching and keeping one fish per night and eating it.  Counting being at home I had fish for dinner 17 of 20 nights at one point.  The landfill just made me stronger.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You guys are right the Kellogg's chick is overdressed for the conditions. I eat Kellogg's raisin bran every a.m. now thanks to LL. Heat is coming. Once this overcast gets out of here Katie bar the door. Time for us fat men to stay inside.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
advertising works weird but it works sometimes.  I think she works at P&G now you'll probably be using her soap now too.

When I dated her all the kellogg products were FREE.  It was like living with Bernie Sanders.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Man it's hot outside.  I'm the one that always tells folks that complain about the heat that soon we will be complaining about the cold and the other way around but this is too much for this Northern at the heart boy.  Give me 70's and low 80's and I don't have a problem.  Plus the air conditioner seems to not be working right as well.  Not blowing the cold air just cool air.  Got a guy coming over Sunday to work on it.  Nice to have that fixit plan.  So steaks tonight again and some salad I'm working on that has grape tomatoes, corn, cilantro, Juice from limes, vegie oil,honey,garlic salt and pepper.  Grill will be busy for a few days for sure.  good luck.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I bet I know where RH is going. Lots of shade and a pool at the nudist colony...so I've been told :happy1:

Edit: Yep, they do!  :happybounce:

http://avatan.com/site/facilities/
« Last Edit: July 07/20/16, 05:51:33 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
She is a roaster out there today.  Golf went much better last night.  Not sure what the plan is this evening.  I have a bar I need to build for the upcoming birthday party, crp to mow to park cars and campers, and weeds to spray.  Sooooo I'll probably take the kids and head over to the neighbors pool ;)
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
She is a roaster out there today.  Golf went much better last night.  Not sure what the plan is this evening.  I have a bar I need to build for the upcoming birthday party, crp to mow to park cars and campers, and weeds to spray.  Sooooo I'll probably take the kids and head over to the neighbors pool ;)
way to put off whats needs to get done!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great plan General.  I bet it is cool with the speedo on.   Ya RH I don't like the hear anymore neither.   Low 70's is my comfort zone.  We didn't do anything last night.  Just stayed in the house and took it easy.  Wait!  I clipped the dogs toenails, so I did do something.  lol
I am having my raisin brand too Dotch.  Started on the cereal thing when we had the grandson stay with us.  I ate his leftover Apple Jacks so the wife got me raisin brand now.  Makes for a pretty good breakfast.  I am surprised there are still raisins in every bite....  Construction has come to a grinding halt with the current heat wave.  Hopefully get something done on it this weekend. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
O don't know why everyone thinks this is hot, we just aint used to it, either that or I'm more tolerable being working in a welding shop last 11 yrs. I don't know, I guesse hot to me 95 plus was only 92 here. heat index wasn't that bad. I'm having yogurt and breakfast bar, I have to change things up  a bit, sometimes rasin brand crunch, some time eggsand cheese. sometimes a breackfast pizza at the store. Paking up and heading back to cookies for the weekend, cant wait. have a great day!
78.50"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I love these heat days! It's the best part of working in a foundry.....you get to loose weight while you work.

Last night we did the shopping for our upcoming trip to Canada. After that, I watered the garden, fed the birds, had ham samiches fur dinner with a beer....then jumped in the pool.

Have a great day!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Raisin in every bite just like the commercial.
good morning. Good old mother nature ruined my fishing plans. Its a little choppy out there its fishable but not what I want to deal with. Just came back from the lake shore. Did a little weed whipping around the fire pit so its presentable for Boar this weekend. Decided to spank a few golf balls . just crushed them? last night after work could not hit a drive to save my ass? Goofy game. Hate to say it so lets keep it a secret but the fishing has been horrible for me the last two trips out so now I'm on a mission to find them . Crank baits next time out. Gotta love my salmo hornet, so will see. My go to spot in the summer has been horrible two times in a row? I'm thinking the fish have plenty to eat right now. I have some mowing too do for the township and plan on knocking that out in a bit before the heat hits. Might even mow here all though I mow for the township. I mow at the golf course so the sweety usually mows here HE HE . Plenty to keep me busy here. Doing some trimming over on the river lot to make it a little more open for camping. Nice little spot. The rest of the to do list is to long to mention.  Plan on taking Boar out fishing while he's here. Maybe he will bring me luck? The storm last night dropped a tree top in the yard .I plan on putting boar to work so bring your chain saw buddy. 
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Off to give my granddaughter a driving lesson. Wish me luck.  Actually she's not to bad a driver as I have been taking her out off and on for a while now.  Today's lessons will be parking and freeway merging. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
our cabin got clobbered by a storm last night west of Walker.  Boat lift is shredded and 6 trees down on driveway with other leaners by neighbor told me.  I'm Mr Chainsaw so should be fun.  May up the life insurance and switch the beneficiary to my girl friend before I head up there  :happy1:

Kind of funny but when my dad died in September his neighbor, who actually owns the road into my dads place, became Mr Hard Rear to me about that road which is close to the place I own myself.  I've known the guy 48 years and he's a wing nut and decided to start lecturing me on all things road related.  Veiled threats on hunting etc.  I finally told him to shut up which worked great  :bonk:

I hope he gets up and clears "his" road which we have plowed, put 100's of loads of gravel on over the years, and maintained like we had more than deeded access too.  Pitter patter lets get at 'er!
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
O don't know why everyone thinks this is hot, we just aint used to it, either that or I'm more tolerable being working in a welding shop last 11 yrs. I don't know, I guesse hot to me 95 plus was only 92 here. heat index wasn't that bad. I'm having yogurt and breakfast bar, I have to change things up  a bit, sometimes rasin brand crunch, some time eggsand cheese. sometimes a breackfast pizza at the store. Paking up and heading back to cookies for the weekend, cant wait. have a great day!
I did the welding thing for 28 years and still cant get use to this crap. and we were crawling inside stainless steel vessels. ISH!!!! THINK ITS MORE HE HUMIDITY THEN HEAT.

oh yea morning fellers.......back to the negotiating table. getting close.....................finally!!!!!!!! heading north Friday at some point.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
our cabin got clobbered by a storm last night west of Walker.  Boat lift is shredded and 6 trees down on driveway with other leaners by neighbor told me.  I'm Mr Chainsaw so should be fun.  May up the life insurance and switch the beneficiary to my girl friend before I head up there  :happy1:

Kind of funny but when my dad died in September his neighbor, who actually owns the road into my dads place, became Mr Hard Rear to me about that road which is close to the place I own myself.  I've known the guy 48 years and he's a wing nut and decided to start lecturing me on all things road related.  Veiled threats on hunting etc.  I finally told him to shut up which worked great  :bonk:

I hope he gets up and clears "his" road which we have plowed, put 100's of loads of gravel on over the years, and maintained like we had more than deeded access too.  Pitter patter lets get at 'er!
more campfire wood!!!!!!!!!!!! hope all is well LL!!!!!!! IT MUST BE YOUR CHAEMING PERSONALITY that you get along with the neighbor up there!!!

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
that smart ass thing of mine has it's plusses and minuses for sure Blueberry Boy.  Had him over for a fish fry a few weeks ago and while eating he bitched at me for keeping 6 crappies we ate for dinner.  Anything anyone else kills is to be ridiculed and judged like he's Aldo Leopold.  You'll appreciate this Smurfomatic, my nephew shot two bucks last year and the neighbor ripped him a new one instead of congratulating him.  "you killed all the bucks".  We don't deer hunt his land even but I guess they could have walked on it at one point which makes them his. 

Oh well I could handle it better but this is more interesting.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that's a good one. I know people like that to. I tend to add fuel to the fire to irritate them more!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
this aint hot.
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
this aint hot.
yea but your way closer to the north like then we are. :moon: yea meathead!!! ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
what ever cheesepuff, i get it up here too u just get it first. slapjack!
78.50"

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya know it wasn't bad mowing the windbreak last night with the breeze and no mosquitoes. Not as much breeze today so the air is really heavy. Got done tissue sampling in some corn fields and think we'll just lay low the rest of the day. Hoping that someone doesn't get a bug up their rear about baling hay. Cut late Monday afternoon, can't imagine it's dried much, laying on top of wet ground with high humidity. Couldn't smell it last night so that's usually a clue.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
leechlake,
Sorry to hear of the damage.  Did your neighbor just become a wingnut the past few years?  You indicated you knew him for 48 years, has there been some change recently?  A neighbor across the street from me went bat sh!t on his neighbor a year ago.  I still converse with him but there has been a radical change.  I think PTSD as he is a Vietnam Vet.  I try to calm him down when he gets going by he get very agitated and starts shaking.  I ask him if he had any guns and he said no. 

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
he's been like this for forever but he's getting older and has some changes in his life and illness.  It's going to be fine, he's like family and this is just a squabble.  Squabbles are nothing to me.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When we lived in Stillwater we had an old guy living next to us.  86 years old and had always lived in the same house.  Grew up there with his parents.  He was a great neighbor at times and at other times he would slip a little, well maybe a lot.  Sometimes he would be out in his back yard which was adjacent to ours and he would have a stick and a tin garbage can lid and he would walk around and bang the heck out of it.  Talk about loud..  He would also be yelling something but I never could understand what he was saying.  We didn't do anything and the next day he would be talking to us and we would be great friends again.  That may be something we all can look forward to huh??? :bow:  :surrender:

Well I thought the hot weather was over but we still have an 86 looking at us today.  AC time again.  Hope it cools down for the weekend.  TGIF  So sorry for all of the mess you have at your place LL.  Good thing you are chain saw man.  May get in the way of your walleye harvesting program though.  You may want to stock up on spam and tuna...  lol  Number #1 is be careful.   

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Three days so far without air conditioning and Sunday is the day someone will come to fix it.  I got every fan I have going during the day.  I get up around midnight and open all the windows when it cools down.  Close them up in the am and repeat.   Eating light.  Salad tonight.  Cold beer helps.  Too hot to go fishing.  I've done that in the past.  Sweating all day long and that's not fun.  Wanted to make chili dogs this week but without air it's not happening.  Crabby people, well I deal with them with a smile.  hard to do at times.  But if it's a situation where they get out of hand or in your face, then it's time to confront them and set things straight.  Generally if your always polite, have a good sense of humor, and treat folks like you want to be treated, you run into less problems.  I'm the same way all the time.  good luck.