Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905197 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Dang RH that sucks.  Since yesterday my thoughts are about our upcoming Canada fishing trip.  A week away with no cell phones, no people complaining.  Just a week with friends and family fishing every day.  I can't wait.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Now your talking.  A week in Canada is awesome.  I went to Canada for 15 years straight, and to the same place.  White Otter Lake.  Down an old rough road that you needed more than a 4 wheel drive at times but we made it with help of a few beers.  Now I guess it's easy going there.  Went to White Otter through Browns Clearwater Resort as well.   The owner had a tractor at the portage to haul your boat over to White Otter.  Great memories.  Got a hell of a story about an event that happened at the rough road portage but it's a long one.  Involved fist fights with drunken Canadians.  My rougher days.  good luck.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I bet that nudist colony swimming pool is looking better all the time RH! Seriously, I hope all you guys suffering w/o AC or electricity and as a result AC get it back real soon. After we put central air in here, I don't know how we did it before. Sweat a lot I guess. Speaking of sweating, looks like the hay may finally be dry enough to attempt baling this afternoon. Oh goody. This weather takes a lot of the fun out of it. Not that there was a lot of fun in it to begin with.

Lucky in the neighbor department. Older guy down the road has slipped a cog or two but we still get along fine. Messing with water gets the neighbors fired up though. A couple of them have a dispute going right now and I just try to stay out of it. When we deepened the wetland a few years back, it wasn't 10 minutes after we started before I received the 1st phone call. Then a couple minutes later another neighbor was bouncing across his tilled bean ground in a little red car to get a look at what we were up to. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Had an interesting morning. Started out with my springer and a raccoon having a wrestling match in the back yard at 5:05am. Tripp the wonder dog is headed to vet this afternoon for a shot and his wrestling companion with be riding with in a plastic bag. Didn't think a 12ga. 3" BBB would be that loud at ten minutes after five in the morning when it's dead calm. Hope the neighbors understand. Have a great day.
mm

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
boy that the start of a great, cept the.vet trip. glad hes ok. i cant remeber the last time i was in canada for more than a weekend.  i think the longest time was 20 years ago. 6 hours north of IF MN, EAGLE LAKE ON. i think had some fun but some miserable, great adventure,. wish i hadnthe time to take u guys up on that invite but a week for me is impossible right now.  theres no hoping u guys have a great time, cause i know u will. be safe. and dont let fawk pass out the merry go round again. lol!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning guys.  NO AC!  That would not be fun.  Ya I don't eat much when it is so hot neither.  Well last night we were having cocktails and the Dish TV kept going to the no signal page.  Erks the heck out of me.  It has been getting worse and only does it on the cooking and hunting channels.  Well we have a maple tree that is getting real big and I suspected that is the problem.  SO in my boxer shorts I started up the big Husky since LL wasn't here to do it for me.  I went out and cut down the whole tree.  The wife couldn't believe I was doing it.  It was a nice tree too.  Well thank god when I came back in all of the channels work great now.  A shame to lose that tree but hey Vikings season is coming up and good reception of that has priority over that maple tree.  Sure looks bare out in the yard without it but we have a few hundred other trees so we will be ok. 

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Out at the campground wroth the family.   Not even here for fifteen minutes and the daughter crashes her bike and we are waiting for her to get up now this morning to see if she is ok.   But I'm guessing she'll be going into the local hospital.  It looks like rain here this morning.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like the muggly weather has broke here. Round 1 of thunderstorms has rolled through and looks like the next one is here already. Temp is down 70 so that's better. Hay would not get dry yesterday so that's ruined. They tried it but it banged pretty hard and would barely go through the baler. Gotta go to Ostrander to practice some music for our 40th class reunion this afternoon then entertain some guests tonight. Might be some alcohol involved. Need to check the lamb inventory in the freezer for tomorrow. Suspect there could be grilling in my future. Hope your daughter is OK general.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning.  Going to do more work on the blind today.  Starting to take shape.  Since I am not a real carpenter it takes a little more brain power to engineer the project but all is going well.  I am going to put the plywood on it today.  So yesterday at cocktail time after a shower and relaxing I look out into the pasture and it looks like a bear cub eating horse turds.  I got the binocs and here it is a big dark brown eagle hunched over.  Two crows were just badgering the heck out of it and it was just ignoring them.  It was there for half an hour.  It must have been an immature one from the neighbors nest.  Wish we had an eagle nest on our land.  Pretty cool.  It's beak was dark brown from all of the munching on horse goodies.  Well time for another cup of coffee and then will make bacon and eggs for the missus.  (homemade bacon that is)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Just finished cooking bacon and pancakes for everyone.   Time to relax for a few more hours and them pack it up and head home.   Good luck on the deer stand LPS

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Hopefully your daughter is ok from that bike crash General.  Man I wish I was up at my deer stands.  I could be there every day if I could.  With all that wind up in the Duluth area and that section of Minnesota that took a wallop from the recent storm, I bet a chain saw will be needed on our next trip up there.  Maybe even have a chance for one of our stands to be blown away.  I'm waiting for the repair guy to fix our central air.  They said anytime between 8 am to 4 pm.  I went shopping anyway.  Not going to be hostage to having to stay in.  I've been waiting since last Tuesday.  Chicken wings today with rice and fresh kimchi.  Love kimchi.  good luck.

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey General, while I agree with the HRC avatar it's gross when I'm trying to eat  ;)

On that note two of my dogs have started pooping on the driveway.  Bugged me at first but it's right there to pick up and throw away so I will take it as a positive step towards them going in the toilet soon.  Good dogs.

Our cabin is a complete mess with the trees I guess.  It's south of Bemidji and the whole area just got demolished.  The power company came in and cleared half the road to the utility easement and while that's awesome now the dead trees and all is just harder to get at in the woods just off of the road.  Looks like heck and we're trying to sell the place since we now have my dads place just down the road.  Oh well, just something that has to be handled.

Have a nice day fellas.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I feel for you guys with the storm damage.  When I lived at Ottertail we had a bad storm that wrecked my house both vehicles had damage and my boat did too.  Cost me over $5,000 to hire a backhoe and a crew to help clean up.  So I know what you are going through.  One tree at a time.  Be careful..
I got the walls on the deer blind yesterday.  Now just the roof to go.  I have some old steel siding that I may put on just not sure yet.  I wonder how long the treated plywood will last if I do nothing to it and just let it season.  20 years???  That would be the easiest of course.   ;)
Off to Grand Rapids today.  I am moving the molds for my products to a company in Bemidji.  That will be closer to me and seem to be good guys to work with.  It is a father and son team of injection molders.  We are going to meet at L& M and try to move everything from his pickup to mine with a pallet jack.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  Then I will bring it to Bemidji.  Nice day for a drive.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Morning, had another great weekend at cookies, relaxing and a little fishing, cookie took me out for a bit and an did ok, brought in 4 and I missed another 3-4, cookie hit 3 three I hit 1 nice 17 1/2, good time on the water, I really enjoyed it. Thanks again cookie, was a really nice, breackfast visit with you and Kelly, marty and shelly. Lori and I really enjoy the time, but youll have to work on your swimming cardio a bit. LOL. thanks again cookie!
78.50"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
LPS,
Forget the tin.  My uncle used that for a roof and when the sun hit it there was creaking and popping all day long.  You could use regular plywood and put rolled roofing on it.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all, well another week of 90 degree plus weather coming for us but we might cool off to 80 on Friday. Yesterday was the first rain we had in almost two weeks. Rivers and lakes are really low and warm so the fishing hasn't been great. LPS, carefull not to damage those molds they are kind of pricey, I worked in the engineering department of an injection company for 15 years before leaving and buying the coffee shop. We made parts for the automotive, aerospace and military. Make sure they spray the molds with rust preventative before they go outside, the humidity will rust them real quick and have the new company open them up as soon as they get inside or they will sweat and rust also. Try to keep cool and all have a good day.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Will do that Coffee.  They will only be outside for a couple of hours and then the new place wants to open them up when I get there.  I have never actually seen them so I am curious too.  I wish I knew of a fork lift in Grand Rapids that would do the move for us.  I don't know anyone down there though.

Good idea Deadeye.  That sounds easier too.  Maybe I can get some kind of edging to put on the plywood too so the edges don't get wet.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Leech I will work on the avatar when I get back from vacation  ;).  The daughter did end up fracturing the arm so it's in for a cast today.  Busy week to get ready for a week in Canada. Looking forward to a vacation.  Here is a little pic for Boar and Glenn as we all know they both do it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
lol! .glad.ur daughter will be ok.G, but glenn fights the stump.like ita a fish indefinatley
78.50"

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I have battled plenty of stumps.  Caught some rocks that I thought were fish.  Well, the air is on at our house.  It was the part that starts the compressor.  Forgot what it was called.  Part was $40 and labor was $140 but I was covered so my cost was $0.  I think the part was called a cappacitor .  Maybe now I can get those chili dogs made.  Got to buy some tires today and tomorrow I go to my carry class.  I thought it was a conceal carry but Minnesota is a open carry state.

Dont plan on any open carry for me.  Dont' want to advertise it.  Really more when I travel.  Crazy stuff happening out there at times.  good luck.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Still morning yet. Have to get out in the fields when it dries off after lunch to see what's up. Not much I suspect although you don't know until you look. Just glad the heat is out of here. It sucked. Some rain on Wednesday then a cooler pattern more like late August. Good sleeping weather. We'll take it.  :happy1:

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes it was back to the grind today after a great weekend with friends here on the shores of upper red lake. Kellie got a little sun burned visiting while we had them breakfast sandwiches.  How time flies. We set down there 3 1/2 hours. Next time I will make sure I go under water a little bit further. Totally enjoyed fishing with you boar. I think I see many more trips in the future.
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
for sure cookie! We enjoyed every minuet of the time, my wife also got more sun than she bargained for but she said it was worth it. yes sire ont he fishing, hope we can get out this weekend also, I throw some gas in the tank and maybe we can hit that spot early Saturday.
  I just finished washing the cat, oh that is always fun to wake up too and participate in. rather warm yesterday, not quite as bad today, got make some fertilizer runs. Have a great day gents!!
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
you should be good with the fertilizer part!!!!!!!!!!!!!

morning fellers!!!!!!! its great to be vertical!!!!!!!!!! getting another 1/2 bushel of pickles to put in jars tonite!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. Just another day here at the big yellow building in Warroad. I miss back when I had a big garden and would do a lot of canning pickles. I would do the dills and the sweet refrigerator pickles. Can't say I have really looked or found any where up here that sells them by the bushel either. The baby dills were my favorite. Have a good day everyone!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Morning's over. Going to have to grease the chair if the office pest keeps coming in regularly. Were a lot of farmers in this a.m.. They need to leave me alone so I can go goof off like they do.  ;) More bug scouting on the agenda for the afternoon. Not much out there yet so it makes it go quicker. The frequent rains and warm temps seem to be keeping them off balance. Cukes are starting to produce regularly but are a ways off from producing enough to pickle. Fresh and cold are good too.  :happy1:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Mna we got them here to, I call them glennz, were over run with Glennz. I mean come on. What in the world dose a Glennz need to show waiting outside the office like wallmart cows waiting to be fed. the wait till ythe coffee is on the have cup after cup talking about absolutely nothing but who is married to who, and who devorcied who. and whos cusin that is. the one that actually work are the one that come in get their chemical and leave to work. I call them Boarz.  Its bazzar, just come in talk for 2 hours and then leave, come back to see if anything has changed, then leave. good thing were not a cafa, theyd never leave. and my managers eat it up, that's all they do to.
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mna we got them here to, I call them glennz, were over run with Glennz. I mean come on. What in the world dose a Glennz need to show waiting outside the office like wallmart cows waiting to be fed. the wait till ythe coffee is on the have cup after cup talking about absolutely nothing but who is married to who, and who devorcied who. and whos cusin that is. the one that actually work are the one that come in get their chemical and leave to work. I call them Boarz.  Its bazzar, just come in talk for 2 hours and then leave, come back to see if anything has changed, then leave. good thing were not a cafa, theyd never leave. and my managers eat it up, that's all they do to.
anyone else hear that pesky sound??????????????

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. Just another day here at the big yellow building in Warroad. I miss back when I had a big garden and would do a lot of canning pickles. I would do the dills and the sweet refrigerator pickles. Can't say I have really looked or found any where up here that sells them by the bushel either. The baby dills were my favorite. Have a good day everyone!
yea jerkbiat, finding pickles for canning is getting tougher to find.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure glad to have air on in the house.  Finished my carry permit class today.  Really interesting and learned a lot.  Got a good pattern on the range also.  Haven't shot the 380 since deer camp.  Nice little handgun for  carry.  Don't think I could conceal my 357 mag.    Had some women there as well.  Almost half of the 30 or so who came today were women.  Good for them.  Few had problems with their guns, but the instructers  were right there and helped them out. 

Man I have problems with them damn hornets lately.  Around my fire pit I nailed one nest.  Then as I walked around to the other side, there was another one.  So I got some more spray and got that nest.  Then I noticed there was one right in the middle.  Well It's time to burn stuff on that pit.  Those things have the worst stings.  good luck.