Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902346 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I made it through the day.  People bitching and complaining all day and then not taking my advise.  Makes a guy just want to hang up on them.  Thankfully I just kept thinking 1 more day then it's off to Canada.  No phones just friends and fishing. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I hear ya G, they wanted me to cancel mine....and I just laughed and laughed.....

Packing and precooking today is the game plan.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like people are ready for some cool weather to improve our attitudes.  I am.  Have fun in Canada you guys.  About 20 years ago two friends of mine whe really didn't do much fishing decided to go to Canada fishing.  They went on the opening weekend of duck hunting and were a little mad I wouldn't go with them.  They went just north of Winnipeg.  The guide they were with was a good guy and they had fun.  They called me one day and one of them caught a walleye that was just shy of 10 lbs.  That was a monster to us.  Then the other buddy caught one a hair over 10 lbs.  They loved rubbing it in to me too. lol  Well they left the walleyes with this guide and paid him for having them mounted.  He was going to mail them when they were done.  They never heard from the guy again.  He kept their money, wasn't such a good guy after all. 

Going to be about 75 here today so that is a plus.  I heard on the radio that Big Stone Co. has flood warnings due to all of the rain and it is getting rain now.  I have always liked that area.  I told the wife that if we ever move south to get closer to our families that I would want a few acres on Lake Traverse. 

Well time to go and RH don't let those wasps get you, they can hurt.  We haven't had any for awhile.  Seems like they come later here.   

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
LPS that is a very nice area over there.  I have fished Big Stone many times and Travers once.  Well one more day of work and we are off.  No phones and no internet so you boys play nice while I'm gone.  That means Glenn and Boar ;)
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
hehehehe. well the washer whent out last week, bought a new set last Thursday at lowes and was supposed to deliver today but the washer was damaged in shipping so we wnt have one till next wensday. wife aint happy so I'm running load back and forth to moms to keep happy. cause I gots to go fishing with cookie this weekend. opps here she comes.....
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy wife happy life. Or something like that. Somedays I tend to forget that. Oops.  We used to go up to Tobin in September every year. I sure do miss that. Last time I went was 2008. It sure was nice just to get away from it all for a week. You fellars have fun in Canada! Have a good day all.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
LPS that is a very nice area over there.  I have fished Big Stone many times and Travers once.  Well one more day of work and we are off.  No phones and no internet so you boys play nice while I'm gone.  That means Glenn and Boar ;)
its ALWAYS boars fault!!!!!!!!!!!! the kitties away......so the mice must play!!!!!!!!!

morning fellers!!!!!!!!!!

oh and have fun in Canada!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup boar, mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Odd however when the shoe's on the other foot, it's supposed to be no big deal. For example, the wife proudly proclaimed when she got home that last night she'd got some sweetcorn at work. Sweet I thought as I hadn't sampled any yet this season. I had about a 2 hour bomb session with the tiller in the garden after chores so I got in the house about 8:30. I was wringing wet from my slaving away. Asked her if she'd eaten and she said she'd snacked but there was the sweetcorn...hint..hint. In the meantime, she'd been sitting on her butt, watching some Hallmark BS, doing sodaQ puzzles or whatever that nonsense is and yapping and texting on her cell phone. Don't husk the sweetcorn and pull yourself away from your cell phone and a precious repeat of some dumb chick flick for 5 minutes, noooooo! When I asked where the sweetcorn was and she said in the garage, the absolute hottest place it could've been kept. I was pi$$ed so grabbed the sweetcorn and went outside to husk it. When I opened the bag it smelled like silage. The top 5 or 6 ears were OK but on what was underneath, the husks were dried up and when husked it was already denting. It looked like it had been kept in a hot car all day and if I had to guess, probably had been. The ears I did manage to salvage were absolutely tasteless. Not sure the sheep will even eat it. Grrrrrrrrr!

You guys who are going to Canada, best of luck on the fishing. Wish I was going there now. My trips to Atikokan are slated for the fall. Likely one mid-September before I do unspeakable things to some of my customers and employees. The last trip's in late October to early November to help my buddy winterize his cabin and play with some of the natives.     
« Last Edit: July 07/27/16, 09:47:53 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup boar, mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Odd however when the shoe's on the other foot, it's supposed to be no big deal. For example, the wife proudly proclaimed when she got home that last night she'd got some sweetcorn at work. Sweet I thought as I hadn't sampled any yet this season. I had about a 2 hour bomb session with the tiller in the garden after chores so I got in the house about 8:30. I was wringing wet from my slaving away. Asked her if she'd eaten and she said she'd snacked but there was the sweetcorn...hint..hint. In the meantime, she'd been sitting on her butt, watching some Hallmark BS, doing sodaQ puzzles or whatever that nonsense is and yapping and texting on her cell phone. Don't husk the sweetcorn and pull yourself away from your cell phone and a precious repeat of some dumb chick flick for 5 minutes, noooooo! When I asked where the sweetcorn was and she said in the garage, the absolute hottest place it could've been kept. I was pi$$ed so grabbed the sweetcorn and went outside to husk it. When I opened the bag it smelled like silage. The top 5 or 6 ears were OK but on what was underneath, the husks were dried up and when husked it was already denting. It looked like it had been kept in a hot car all day and if I had to guess, probably had been. The ears I did manage to salvage were absolutely tasteless. Not sure the sheep will even eat it. Grrrrrrrrr!

You guys who are going to Canada, best of luck on the fishing. Wish I was going there now. My trips to Atikokan are slated for the fall. Likely one mid-September before I do unspeakable things to some of my customers and employees. The last trip's in late October to early November to help my buddy winterize his cabin and play with some of the natives.   
so I take it you had a good nites rest!!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Not bad actually. Being nimble afoot and with my cat-like reflexes, I was able to elude her advances and escape to the far end of the house where I barricaded myself there. I fell into my usual deep, REM sleep due to sheer exhaustion and dreamt of my upcoming trip to Canada.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i think we got the same wife dotch.
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not bad actually. Being nimble afoot and with my cat-like reflexes, I was able to elude her advances and escape to the far end of the house where I barricaded myself there. I fell into my usual deep, REM sleep due to sheer exhaustion and dreamt of my upcoming trip to Canada.  :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i think we got the same wife dotch.
:scratch: :scratch: dotches wife doesn't carry MACE!;! :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :rotflmao: :doah:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
4 dozen eggs and a couple pounds of sausage later....we are almost ready to fly....

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure what you are making HD but those are two of my favorite ingredients.  I took some pork sausage awhile back and just added my own breakfast seasonings.  I love the stuff.  Almost gone.  Will have to make another batch.  Put it in 1/2 lb pkgs.  All of this Canada talk is getting to me.  Sounds like fun.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Lps, you can't bring raw eggs or raw chicken into Canada....so, some prep has to happen. Yup, it sucks, but you do, what you gotta do.   :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Lps, you can't bring raw eggs or raw chicken into Canada....so, some prep has to happen. Yup, it sucks, but you do, what you gotta do.   :happy1:

We have never been asked about eggs.  Fruit, tobacco, bait, but never eggs.   We are canoeing so no raw chicken....

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup, they are still worried about the bird flu. So no uncooked poultry products.
« Last Edit: July 07/27/16, 06:02:36 PM by HD »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Guys at Fort Francis never said anything about eggs when we went through in June...  This something new? 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Guys at Fort Francis never said anything about eggs when we went through in June...  This something new?

You could be right del, I am just going by what our trip leader, and the camp owner told us. Either way, the breakfasts have all been assembled and just need to be warmed up as we need them.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Have a great time guys!!
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Slay some big ones!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
have fun gentlemen.....and let us know when the fish fry is when you get back. and I wont even say could you take boar with and leave him there either!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have fun, play safe!!!!!!!!!!!

MORNING FOLKS............ long day today meeting nite.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i was invited, it was just to tempting to.stay up there without cell receptioj  for.you to harrass me. but i figured my lifes purlose is to.keep.you down. lol!
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL!!!! GONNA TAKE MORE THEN YOU to keep me down big shooter>>>>>>>>>>>>

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
besides..........you'd miss me!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
likena headache maybe...
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
likena headache maybe...
LOL!!!!!!!!!!! NOW YOU HURT MY FEELINGS............AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!