Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902150 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
While the cats are away the mice will play! Wait, we're all mice. Never mind. Have fun on your fishing extravaganza fellers! More rain yesterday out of nowhere. Only .15" in town but about 2 miles east it dumped and inch. Over an inch at the offsite pasture and .85" at the ranch. Thought I'd be mowing lawn last night but after picking a few cukes wound up calming my anxiety with a few GT's instead. Distinct possibility it may rain some more this afternoon. In which case I may have to get out the muddler and some Hendricks tonight! Wheeeee!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
While the cats are away the mice will play! Wait, we're all mice. Never mind. Have fun on your fishing extravaganza fellers! More rain yesterday out of nowhere. Only .15" in town but about 2 miles east it dumped and inch. Over an inch at the offsite pasture and .85" at the ranch. Thought I'd be mowing lawn last night but after picking a few cukes wound up calming my anxiety with a few GT's instead. Distinct possibility it may rain some more this afternoon. In which case I may have to get out the muddler and some Hendricks tonight! Wheeeee!  :happy1:
yea........who did they get to mind the store????????????????????????????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I looked it up.  Last year eggs prohibited.  This year only eggs from Indiana are prohibited.  Not sure how a Indiana egg can be told from a Minnesota egg but that is up to the canucks. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When we first moved up here about 11 years ago we decided to go for a drive into Canada.  When we went by customs they had a small mountain of potatoes piled up.  We thought they were selling spuds to vacationers.  lolol  Well they were confiscating them.    Beautiful morning here.  Tonight we are going to cut up some more branches off the big maple tree I cut down so our Dish works.  AND thank you know what that it did make a heck of a difference or the wife would be mad.  So we will have a nice fire and probably have some Highwaymen I heart radio going too.  May be a cocktail involved I imagine too.  TGIF.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
well, one more day of work and this Boar ia heading to cookies again all by himself, first man trip in many aweekwnds. lookin forward to it, do some fishing, some bear scouting, some haging out with no one but myself to cater to. Man time at cookies, looking forward to it have a great weekend.!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
have fun boar!!!!!!!! kinda like my man time, lone time up at the cabin myself!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds great Boar, have fun!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
some bear scouting,
WADDA GONNA do??????? go out in the woods and act like a jelly donut??????????

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like fun Boar. Enjoy. My Dad and step mom are coming up today for the weekend. Should be a good time. Baked a birthday cake for him last night. He turns 70 on Monday. The recipe is his favorite, it is my Grandmas devils food recipe. Hope I did it justice. My brother, wife and kids are coming Sunday for brunch to surprise him also. Should be a full house on Sunday, my brother has 7 kids. Have a good weekend all!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to Hubbard Co. four wheeling today for the weekend. Sister, brother in law and myself. Going to check out hunting woods because the last storm a week and half ago blew down a bunch trees from Itasca to Akley and we're in the middle of those two locations. May have some extra firewood cut up. Have a great weekend all.
mm

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Quote from: Boar link=topic=32811.msg224882#msg224882 date=1469794659
 some bear scouting,
[/quote
WADDA GONNA do??????? go out in the woods and act like a jelly donut??????????
thats more you glennn, sitting ther, doing nuthing, with jelly on all.over you. lol!
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey boar.................you still at work??????? what time you get off??????????? man it sure is a looooonnngggg day when you got plans to go somewhere and are looking forward to it ..........aint it!!!!!!!!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
nope on my way boss let me off at noon....hehehehehehe.
78.50"

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Good fer you boarski!!! Have a great time solo an think about 57 waitin to get off, get off?? That slide Job??? JOB OR just time spent in a east chair UMM??????
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
and the wife glad to get rid of ya! :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good fer you boarski!!! Have a great time solo an think about 57 waitin to get off, get off?? That slide Job??? JOB OR just time spent in a east chair UMM??????
slide job??? It ain't easy putting the screws to management! :happy1 :happy1:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
slide job??? It ain't easy putting the screws to management! :happy1 :happy1:
Thumb screws?? It aint easy to hold a nasayer down to apply dem screws!!! their like a greased weasel!! in Trump season :happybounce: :taz: :rotflmao: :swords: :USA: :USA: :USA:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morni g all, just chewd down breakfastamd am now gathering so.e gear to head fishimg with cookie. how ist a good un. second ti.e in a boat this year. relly loking doward to it. then a lttle scouting then mayne a nap who knows. i havent had a choice in many. have a great day.
78.50"

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I rarely get a cold or a flu.  Maybe once a year.  Well I got it three days ago and finally got over it.  That first day really sucked with the coughing.  Make's a chest sore.  Lot's of meds out there but I went with my old standby.  A very good brandy and honey.  That's it.  Got me a coffee cup and filled it up about 2/3 with that good brandy.  Then put some honey in the cup and nuked it till hot.  stirred it up good.  You can tell if it's good brandy when you put that cup up to your nose and take a good sniff.  That one sniff clears your nose right now.  Go to bed and sip till empty.  Very nice sleep, believe me.  ;Works every time.  Waiting till tomorrow to cut that grass that looks pretty high.  I will burn my fire pit real good also so none of those hornets come back.  I think I got them all.  Think.  good luck.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gotta love good tincture! Hope you're feeling better RH. Gotta get cleaned up and off to FF. Then a relaxing afternoon of listening to tunes while lawn mowing. The Agco-Allis really barks so gotta wear my hearing protection. Keep the music ranked loud enough so you can't hear it! Should drop the oil afterwards so while it takes a licking, it will keep on ticking. Got a cardinal that keeps flying at the windows. Apparently sees his reflection and must be defending his territory. I thought the windows should be dirty enough, they wouldn't bother.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a great weekend of doing projects.  Even went for a boat ride but  didn't fish.  We were the only ones on the river.  My deer stand is coming right along and the turnips and radishs are about 3" tall.  i checked the trail cam and instead of the one doe there are now a couple of does and 3 different fawns too.  The young buck that I have been hoping to draw in for a crossbow kill got run over by my neighbors house the other day.  Darn....  Well I hope these does draw in some other bucks.  It is getting hot out already and may have some rough weather later in the afternoon.  Have a good one all. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I almost forgot here is the deer stand in progress.  I was given some aluminum siding so am putting that on the stand now.  I hate to paint it now.  I hope the deer like a gray bldg in the trees.  I will see how if works and paint it next year if I have to.  I would think they will get used to it. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I believe the paint would be for you not the deer.  They will notice it.  You can hang a small camo camera in an out of the way place and they still walk up and check it out so I'm quite sure they will see your stand. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 I,m with deadeye. No matter what you do they'll notice.But they will get used to it in time,Best get er done and set out there so deer can get accustomed to it.If ya move it the accustoming will start over.
 Sure looks purddy in comparison to my best stands!!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
looms good!! label it the walleye hotel they'll think its an ice house and settle right in. which reminds me why didnt yu just pull out ur ice house ther.
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought about that Boar but I remember snow storms in Oct and Nov and would have been bummed if I couldn't get it out of the woods for fishing.  Now I will just leave it out there with no worries.   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very true about the color.  I agree they know it is there whatever color it is.  I have seen deer walk right past my truck while I was sitting in my camo portable blind and wished I would have just sat in my truck..   The windows are just right so I can use my crossbow or a gun.  Now I have to put up some shelves and get some carpet for inside.  I have paths mowed from my house to where the blind will be sitting already.  It will be about 150 yards from my house.  Can't see the house though through all of the trees.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I bet the red squirrels will see it!  ;) Man I'm glad we don't have very many of those little farts down here. Some guys have corn drier shacks that double as fish houses and deer stands in the off season. That looks very nice relative to some of the glorified tree houses I bump into out tooling around.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
little late fer a morning greeting but figured i'd look see. been busy getting caught up at home and by the time I would of had time to post, well lets just say those posts would of resembled boars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! today and tomorrow I be in red wing. wed I will be in the fargo Moorhead area and thurs in Bismarck, Friday home. motel/hotel rooms are way over rated!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hopefully the AC works glenn. Would suck w/o it. Muggly out there. Not helping my ambition one bit, what little of it there happens to be some days. Oh well, in January we'll be wishing for some of this to return I have a feeling.