Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905282 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
They are nice to have around.  Here are a couple strolling by a camera.  This pair has been around all spring and summer.  They did have a young one but something must have killed it because it's not around anymore.  Tough life in the wild.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Tough life for sure.  We have several broods of mallards that patrol our beach.  One mom is very territorial and there was a duckling in her area without a mother. 

The territorial duck attacked and killed the duckling (as our grand daughters watched).

Killer duck and her single offspring are still patrolling the beach.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning folks! Up and at it already! :coffee: made the trip to Hagar city this morning. Voting in a new contract! Gonna be a long day!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow Del I didn't know ducks got so mean.  My brothers neighbor saw a northern take a baby loon last summer.  Happened right in front of him.  What easy targets they are.  We had 1/2" of rain last night.  Lot's of farmers have their rye grass cut and are combining so I don't think they want rain now.  Looks like we have more chances of rain for a few days too.  Hope we don't get too much.  Well have a great day all.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Same to you LPS.  Nothing new yet on my end.  Still playing catchup.  I did get front brake pads replaced on the car and gave it an oil change last night.  I did get a call that our new puppy was born and will be ready to be picked up in 8 weeks.  We have been waiting since May for the right one. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
cool, good luck with the new pup, I for one cant wait till I don't have any pets, but that's just me getting to bussy it seems, Maybe be cause Zelda just got ahold of our grill cover, and shredded it. idk. hoping to start a new smoking adventure but just  need time. cant wait for fall.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Waiting for a new pup.  Man,  that is something special.  They say man's best friend.  I have some folks that call me crazy to refering them as almost human.  They have so much love and so much loyalty.  All the emotions we all have.  But they are the most loyal and loving  creatures to me.  Hard to explain to some, but not to me.  Love them very much.   Enjoy that pup and I know you will.  good luck.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i hear ya reiny, love my dog to, just grumpy, dislike summer and so ready for cold temps.
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
our zelda and keeshaw

[attachment deleted by admin]
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Waiting for a new pup.  Man,  that is something special.  They say man's best friend.  I have some folks that call me crazy to refering them as almost human.  They have so much love and so much loyalty.  All the emotions we all have.  But they are the most loyal and loving  creatures to me.  Hard to explain to some, but not to me.  Love them very much.   Enjoy that pup and I know you will.  good luck.

I hear you RH.  This is going to be my son's first dog kind of.  We got our current GSP when my daughter was born 11 years ago and son born 9 years ago.  So he doesn't remember much about the dog being a pup.  Don't get me wrong the boy loves that dog but this one is going to be special.  He is watching training videos and has a plan put together.  I'm looking forward to the time we will be spending together both training and in the field.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
That's cool to hear G, bet Mason is chomping at the bit with anticipation.

Raining cats and dogs here, hopefully drops the humidity down a bit. I can handle hot working in a foundry, just not the humidity. Been pet sitting for my daugher & son in law, who are out in Colorado hiking. Their dog and cat must only like it at their house, cause they are terrorising mine. Running on little sleep with the howling. But, it is what it is......

Hope you all have a great day!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers!!!!!!! dumped an 1 1/2 of rain out this morning.

general, dew, you guys need to build an ARC??????????? reports on the news last nite said you guys out your way had 7 to 8 inches of rain!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We got just under 3 inches here in Big Lake.  No water issues as the area is flat with sandy soil. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
2 1/2" down here in swampville. Under flood watch next two days. 3-5" more on the way, so they say.  We've already had over 12" down here.  :titanic:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. Glad we missed out on the rain for once. Skirted just south of us. I have been slacking on dropping in hear lately. Been a busy boy. We got our patio ready to pour last weekend. Planning to do the pour after work tomorrow. Hoping the rain stays away. Have a good day all.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
2 1/2" down here in swampville. Under flood watch next two days. 3-5" more on the way, so they say.  We've already had over 12" down here.  :titanic:
SO YOU  manage enough room in that boat for the neighbor lady reb???????????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
WHAT BOAT??!!!!  :censored:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning! And in the news today......OH GREAT!!! Now there are SMURF lobsters???!!  :banghead:

http://news10.com/2016/08/11/man-snags-rare-bright-blue-lobster-for-the-2nd-time-in-massachusetts/

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
WHAT BOAT??!!!!  :censored:
that titanic boat you posted in your previous post.................or the love boat your building!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning! And in the news today......OH GREAT!!! Now there are SMURF lobsters???!!  :banghead:

http://news10.com/2016/08/11/man-snags-rare-bright-blue-lobster-for-the-2nd-time-in-massachusetts/
I beginning to think you have a thing for all things blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. have a busy weekend coming up Brother from Chicago coming today and my sister, nephew and niece are here for the weekend. Were going to go out fishing in a bit. I see my pike did not make the cut. Had to try. I now have a new tape measure in the boat. I did loose one screwdriver out of the boat but have another. phone is charged,  so maybe I can get another big fish. Only time will tell. Doing ribs on the grill tomorrow and sister doing home made spaghetti tonight. Should be a fun weekend. Every one be safe and enjoy the weekend
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Get back to work, you union thug!!! Do you play Springsteen in the background at yer meetings?  ;D

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
nope.......... queen.............another one bites the dust!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
good luck cookie, put a biggie in the boat!...........queen.......that explains alot.
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck cookie, put a biggie in the boat!...........queen.......that explains alot.
a lot better then the pee-wee herman you listen too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
you would know if peewee had a album.lol!!!
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Blue lobsters? Must be some shrinkage involved.  ;)
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Blue lobsters? Must be some shrinkage involved.  ;)

:rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Checked the rain gauge when I got back home , 3 inches

I thought glenns blue color came from lack of oxygen  :scratch:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that is a lot of rain in mid state.  We have missed it up here.  Looks like a beautiful day here.  Too bad I have to work tomorrow.  I have a lot of things to do on my list.  Grocery shopping, filling gas jugs, and Vikes game so not much getting done tonight after work.  Trying to think of something fun to grill for the Vikes game.  Something easy too.  The nights here have been nice and cool.  61 last night and in the mid 50's the night before.  Feeling like early fall weather here.  I wonder what the average is?  Seems a little early for that cool weather.