Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904582 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning all. Made the trek to red wing again today. Hoping to hand the company the behind in an arbitration today. Humidity is still up there. Ish!!!! Looking like a batch of salsa is in store for the weekend. Me and da hounddogs got the run of the homestead to yourself as momma is headed to her sisters up by mille lacs!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
party time at the glensters! Have fun buddy. well Its opening baiting. Seeems the one thing I look forward to all year just isn't doing it for me. think I'm a little burnt out. 15 years balls tot he wall bear hunting. I don't know. I hoping when this heat cools down, like 70 ish I get the surge like before. Have a good day gents.!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning gents. A nice morning today. I really, really hope it stays nice today. Planning to pour cement after work today. Doing our patio on the front of our house. As for the weekend not sure what the plan is. May run down to the hunting land and check things out there. Maybe spray round up on the food plots so we can get them planted in a couple of weeks. Also see if it has dried up any down there. I might even do a little scouting for bear since it is no quota down there. Then I can go raid Boar's freezer where he is storing all my little debbies. ;) :happy1: Have a good day all!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya boar. That baiting is tough work at the same time fun. Kinda why we just did the preference points. It's also getting real tough to find bait in my neck of the woods without costing a house payment.

Jerkbait.....  :scratch: kinda struck me funny you saying your gonna head DOWN to your hunting land!! Especially when most if us clowns head North! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Speak for yourself Glenn...I just step out the back door.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Speak for yourself Glenn...I just step out the back door.
lucky you!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, it still sounds funny to me to say head down to the hunting shack. But when we already live on the Canadian border, that is the direction we head. Our hunting land is down by Skime, about 30 miles SE of Roseau. I hear ya Boar, Even if I would have gotten a surplus tag I wasn't going to even start baiting until labor day weekend. Summer goes to fast the way it is and it seems like this one has been really short for some reason.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Good luck on the bear hunting guys.  We survived another week in golf league last night.  Semi finals next week and the championship the following if we are lucky enough.  I'm not sure what's on the agenda for tonight yet.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya as I said earlier I didn't get drawn for bear and some times it is almost a relief.  We really like doing it but it does take a lot of time.  Time seems to be the thing I have less of as I get older.  Must just take longer to get things done. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Granddaughter ask me to make here a "reading nook".  It took a day and a little help from my wife but I got it done.  Now I hope it fits down her stairs.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, that's a great job!!!! good luck.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well at least I didn't build a boat that I couldn't get out of the shed.  However, I did build a nook that we couldn't get down the steps and around a corner.  We took the heavy thing out and cut it in two and then hauled it back down.  I probably should have made it in two parts to begin with.  I cut it where it's simple to join again.  No loss of structural integrity. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Nice work deadeye :happy1:.  We cooked the other bag of shrimp from Morries last night and it only made me wish I had more.  Back to the grindstone today and it for sure is Monday.  I'm sure the CP will have some chores for me when I get home.  Have a good one fellas.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya back to the grind for me too.  Had yesterday off.  I like my job but would rather stay at home and putz with projects.  I have to remember how lucky I am to have a job I like.  Will be retiring in a couple of years so that will go fast. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning gents. Made the trek to Duluth already this morning. New round of negotiations! Something called tall ships in town and sounds like it's going to be a zoo this weekend

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We wanted to go see the Tall Ships.  I checked on motel rooms about 4 months ago.  Unreal how the prices of the rooms goes up for this event.  I think they were over $300 per night and you had to take at least 2 nights.  Then $100 per person to board a ship and check it out.  Even rooms in Two Harbors were that much and then having to drive to Duluth and find a parking spot just sounded like too much of a challenge for me.  Sure would have been fun to see them though. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My son and his girlfriend are coming up to see this. He said the closest room he could find was grand rapids. Told him drive another 40 miles and stay at the cabin, but you know them youngins with girls! :bonk: I got a room tonight for 90 bucks. Gonna have to go to grandma's for a union paid for burger I guess!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morning gents, heading down to Hawley to bring my ice castle to a guys to make some wheel well covers, and a rear windo bump out cover. cant wait. hot again. I truly despise summer heat. have a good day.
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I'd love to see the Tall Ships! That $100 is for a sailing tour; they're all sold out. On board tours are $15. Would be a gas, though.
http://tallshipsduluth.com/festival/tickets/

Grandma's for a graft burger,Smurf? I think they have a sign on the door  "We hire all non-union help".  ;D

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all, on our yearly September trip to vermilion we usually stay in superior for the night and we never had a problem getting a room but this year I had to call four hotels before I found a room and it's the super 8 for $170a night after taxes. The only good thing is it's right behind gronks so after a burger and some drinks we can roll right into our room. It's another 90 degree plus day here. After work will be heading down the river to help find two fishermen that went missing on Sunday, family said they usually wear hip waiters in the river so it doesn't look good for them. Yinz all have a good day and keep cool
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd love to see the Tall Ships! That $100 is for a sailing tour; they're all sold out. On board tours are $15. Would be a gas, though.
http://tallshipsduluth.com/festival/tickets/

Grandma's for a graft burger,Smurf? I think they have a sign on the door  "We hire all non-union help".  ;D
nope a bicycle burger

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Better get out of town tomorrow or you could be trapped for the duration.... Or maybe you could do something about the pilots union that chased off that Viking Ship....  9k per day?  Holy Carp. 

Then they had the cojones to put out a letter saying 400k for the trip was inflated it would only have been 250k....    Bite me, pilot's union.   And the coast guard and congress too.  Nice non tariff barier, but you can't keep the freaking invasives out.  Took 20 years or more to get the salties to flush their bilge at sea....   

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I consider the Zeebs, gobies, quaggas all to be the fault of the coast guard.   

Emerald ash borer and dutch elm disease is dept of commerce.   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Better get out of town tomorrow or you could be trapped for the duration.... Or maybe you could do something about the pilots union that chased off that Viking Ship....  9k per day?  Holy Carp. 

Then they had the cojones to put out a letter saying 400k for the trip was inflated it would only have been 250k....    Bite me, pilot's union.   And the coast guard and congress too.  Nice non tariff barier, but you can't keep the freaking invasives out.  Took 20 years or more to get the salties to flush their bilge at sea....
if all goes well...............and us union thugs usually do, I should be headed out tomorrow late afternoon!!!!!!       

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya those things irritate the heck out of me too Del.  I think you could gather a group of strangers off the street and they would have more common sense to act as our Congress.  DUH!!!  Seems like they don't want to take care of anything but will spend 100 times more after, trying to fix what they didn't stop in time.  BUT people keep voting the incumbents back in.  Puzzles me.  Looks like another hot day or two here then high in the 60's here on the weekend.  Now that will motivate me to get some things done outside.  Maybe even have a fire.  Have a good day guys.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morning, hauled my castle down to a guy that's making wheel well covers and a bumb out window cover, cant wait to get it back got trailer lighting issues that I just cant figured out, pissin me off. ill probabley put up a couple more sites this weekend. have a good dy.!
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. Boy it has been tuff to find time to get on here and see what is going on with ya all lately. The wife and I are taking vacation next week. Going to go down to the cities and pick up our 2 grandkids and camp our way back home. We are going to have them up for the whole week. Hope to do a little fishing next week in between the swimming and tubing they will want to do. They are 10 and 11 years old. Hope to have a good time. Take care all.

PS. Boar get them baits out man!! I am going to be living the hunt thru you this year.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
will do buddy, I'm coming alive here, only gona have three for us this year, that pleanty. sat morn in set two up. have fun with the kiddos!!
78.50"

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
at work waiting for the rain to start and ruin my mowing plan for after work. Had some guests stop by Tuesday evening for dinner. The white oaks are dropping tons of acorns in my yard.

[attachment deleted by admin]
mm

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Not really morning anymore, but a soggy afternoon!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!