Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4950789 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Is it just me? Or is Dew loosing his marbles?......just say'in.....  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Is it just me? Or is Dew loosing his marbles?......just say'in.....  :rotflmao:
Never  had marbles!! How could I lose em?
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Man is it cold up here, can't wait to get back to 80 degree weather. Well the fishing hasn't been the greatest but I guess a bad days fishing is better that a good day at work. I still have two more days to put something worthy in the boat. I just hope they get a little bigger
  :surrender: :surrender:
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Are you going to get that one mounted coffee?  ;) No question about it deadeye, wicked looking contraption. Wouldn't want that bad boy to land on me. It'd leave a mark.  :oops1:

Very sad news this a.m. The local police chief committed suicide yesterday sometime after he dropped his kids off at school. Apparently had battled depression. Was a super nice guy, very upbeat and positive, good family man, involved in the community a lot more than just law enforcement. I talked to him many times when I went to the post office. He always smiled and waved when I'd meet him on the road.  Everyone is in total disbelief. 

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Are you going to get that one mounted coffee?  ;) No question about it deadeye, wicked looking contraption. Wouldn't want that bad boy to land on me. It'd leave a mark.  :oops1:

Very sad news this a.m. The local police chief committed suicide yesterday sometime after he dropped his kids off at school. Apparently had battled depression. Was a super nice guy, very upbeat and positive, good family man, involved in the community a lot more than just law enforcement. I talked to him many times when I went to the post office. He always smiled and waved when I'd meet him on the road.  Everyone is in total disbelief.
man sorry to hear that dotch!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Condolences Dotch, to you and your friends & their families.

This has been a bad year for deaths, and deaths by suicide.
2 out of the 5 funerals that I have been to, have been suicide.
The latest, was my nephew of 34 years old.
Sept. 10th was national suicide prevention day, and my kids will be walking in a suicide prevention walk this coming weekend in his name.

So, I know where your at....and it's hard to get a grip around...
Hang in there buddy!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy smokes dotch, that just sucks, so sorry to hear it. The bobber family wishes all that he touched our condolences. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Man it is really tough to hear about all of these good people taking their life.  I have seen this while in the Army and personally here at home.  My X wife took her own life, 6 years after we divorced.  She had a good husband and plenty of money from that marriage, but for some reason she ended her life.  For me I can't think of a reason to do this and it would be unfair of me to speculate why.  A person would have to be at the point of no return to do this.  Much pain involved for those still living who loved that person.  Why.  I'll leave that to others who are more qualified than me.  Overseas I seen the pain of someone who recieved a " Dear John" letter and seen a once open person suddenly become silent.  In my X wives case, I have no idea.  Two daughters and grandchildren to love for years was not worth living for.  I will not blame her.  Tough subject.  Was going to talk about going up north tomorrow fishing around Duluth for a day but this affected me.  Dotch, sorry for the bad news there.  Sounded like a real nice man.  I'm sure he was, Prayers for all who loved him.  Reinhard

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't had any suicide issues recently but two of my friends from high school killed themselves within a couple years of graduation.   One was a good friend from a swimming team, and I called him up one day and his dad said he had killed himself.   

Quite a shock in both cases.   Hard to understand. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Not much going on today, just programming robots..... boring stuff...
Made some venison stroganoff last night, forgot to take a pic. ..sorry

Not sure what kind of concoction we will make for dinner tonight.

Welp, have a great day boys!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So sorry to hear about your friend Dotch.  The other day on TV they said there were about 750 suicide deaths in MN last year.  I had to play it back cuz I couldn't believe it.  I bet it was on the 10th.  They said this year is a little higher than last.  Way too bad.  I too have lost friends and family from suicide.  I remember a book I read about a war prisioner in high school  reading class.  They guy had a terrible day every day.  He hung in there and finally got out.  The moral of the story was that no matter how bleak life looks there is always the chance that it will get better.  I always think about that when I hear someone has given up.  Too bad they couldn't hang on. I am sure we don't know where they are inside. 

Well our dogs and cat are acting a little different.  They know something is up with us prepping for our vacation in the Hills.   So them we love them up a  little more and you know that just makes them a little more suspicious.  lol A neighbor will be taking care of the place so everything will be alright.  It is down to 35 outside right now.  I picked most of the maters last night just in case.  Sure wish the growing season would last a little longer.  Love going out and picking things out of the garden for a salad.  Well I have potato salad to make so see ya all later.

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
So sorry to here that. I can share a little bit about depression as I have struggled with it my self. I be leave I have basically struggled with it most of my life but it really hit home a few years ago. I was able to reach out to friends and family and work through it. Its so hard to explain as it just overtakes you mentaly and physically. Things you enjoy are so  hard to do and it just snowballs from there.. Being around other people is terrifying which snowballs also. Your mind just dwells on everything  over and over and over to the point you cant stand it anymore.  Scary stuff that's for sure.
 Anyway  fall is in the air,36 here . My golf course job will be winding down. The plan  is to play after work everyday I'm there . I went from hitting it the best I ever had to hitting every shot fat. Wow talk about frustrating. Dusted off the recurve and started shooting a couple arrows a day. Going to try and take a deer with it this year, have a area all scouted out just waiting to pick up a portable stand. Plan on doing some fall fishing so bring on the nice weather. all you guys and gals have a great day
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Cookie, so glad that youve been able to pull up outa it, I remeber when I stoped in a few years back, ya worried me. I know you have a great support system with family and freinds. We here got your back buddy. Keep fighting the good fight. Ice is coming buddy!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so to hear guys! hope all gets better. never understood depression and not going to try. I get depressed when my beer supply gets down to 2 cases!!!!!

morning all was a balmy 39  this am in cold spring!!!!! another day at the mine as some say. all have a good one!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Real clinical depression is mean stuff, and caused by a chemical imbalance in your body.  Serotonin, dopamine, that kind of stuff. 

Working your way through it is sometimes possible, but sometimes professional help and anti-depressant drugs are necessary.   A neighbor of mine had it hit sort of out of the blue.   The drugs helped him get better.   

Glenn, consider yourself fortunate that you haven't had to deal with something like that.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 I am in a way, not me personally....my wife is dealing with it somewhat, and yea its frustrating as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey thanks guys. Depression is some mean stuff and situations are influencing factors/triggering mechanisms if you will in addition to the chemical imbalances. As fast paced as this old world has become and as ruthless as some people are, it's amazing there aren't more issues.  This is why I want to slow down and move more at my own pace. I'm getting to the age where I'm tired of my schedule being dictated by someone else and their silly ass problems, whether it be employees, customers, corporate a-holes, etc. While money is always a concern it's not the primary issue. My state of mental health is. With each revolution around the sun, it becomes more and more evident to me. When my number is up I'm done so may as well do my best to enjoy it until then.  :dancinred:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to here Dotch. I agree with what you are saying to. The older I get the less I tend to stress about some issues.

Been a busy morning today. My first chance to get on here and see what all the boys are up to. Nothing new here, just another day at the salt mine. Have a good day all!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I sure don't miss the micro managing and having to account for every minute of where I was, what I was doing, why I was there, etc. We even had to scan hundreds of barcodes in a day for a complete tour, then it was downloaded into the computer...."why did it take you 11 minutes to get from point A to point B?" No wonder we all drank so much. It's nice now to get up and do what I want, when I want, without having to have a specific reason. Enjoy the hell out of it!!! I do!!!!   ;D

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Yeah Dotch keep your head up.  I know what you mean for sure.  Some days really suck at work. 

I spent the evening getting the framper ready for the winter.  I put Rv antifreeze in all the lines and cleaned out the fridge.  I'm looking forward to getting some fish slime on the floor.  Blaze, my 10 yr old GSP, claimed his spot on the couch until the CP walked in.  Now to look for an Ion auger and an underwater camera.  I'm going to have to check out my cabela dollars I have saved up.  I'm not sure if I told you guys but at the end of the month we are picking up our new GSP puppy.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning Gents. Just another day at work. Wish I had the schedule like Rebel, But I have about 20 years to go before I get there. Looking forward to a weekend with no big plans, just go with the flow. Have a good day!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning..............got my lawn fertilized last nite............now i'd like to see some rain. long day today.............its meeting nite. its where we tell our members all the good deeds we did the past month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

momma's going to the cities so glenn get to play. i'd go fishing but she's taking my truck!!!$#@*&^%$. my tackle box bit the big one so gonna transfer and manure out stuff I don't use. probably have a fire and drink some beer. my tomatoes are going to all get yanked also this weekend.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup, today is a better day. We're baling hay again! Fun never stops around here.  :banghead:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Just wait. 
I went to breakfast with a bunch of other old retired guys and we were guessing that out of about a dozen of us, we might have enough parts to make 6 healthy guys.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning Gents. Just another day at work. Wish I had the schedule like Rebel, But I have about 20 years to go before I get there. Looking forward to a weekend with no big plans, just go with the flow. Have a good day!

Took me 32 years of 12 Hr./days/nites, every other weekend to get that schedule!!!  Piece o' cake!!!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 09/15/16, 02:18:26 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Took me 32 years of 12 Hr./days/nites, every other weekend to get that schedule!!!  Piece o' cake!!!  ;)
you POOR BABY! :doah: :coffee: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Shaddup, ya little pointy head!!!! :banghead:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Got the last of the square bales tucked away just before the rains are about to commence. These were the last bales we baled last night so they were getting tough not to mention heavy. Now I have to be on guard when Mrs. Cheviot gets home so I don't get tricked into a roll in the hay! I don't care how many GT's she tries to ply me with. Nosirreee!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Shaddup, ya little pointy head!!!! :banghead:
hehehehe haha!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got the last of the square bales tucked away just before the rains are about to commence. These were the last bales we baled last night so they were getting tough not to mention heavy. Now I have to be on guard when Mrs. Cheviot gets home so I don't get tricked into a roll in the hay! I don't care how many GT's she tries to ply me with. Nosirreee!!!!
yea right!!!!!!!!!!!!