Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902191 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Where pulling for ya dotch, but if she sprawles out on the the hood of the stude all bets are off. Afternoon all, raining pretty good here, wish I woulda taking up Glenn's idea and fertilized.  I don't usually get around at work but it's been crunch time lately  and us union guys do what it takes to get the job done, right Glenn. With that being said I'll be in Rochester perhaps tomorrow with a convoy of other trucks delivering major goods to the city. Once again the Mrs says quit blogging and cook up some spaghetti..God I love her!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Stand up and wave when ya go by, Boober!!!!!    :surrender:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning Gents and Glenn  ;). Yippy skippy it is Friday. Going to head to the  hunting land tomorrow and cut in a new trail to put up and stand for my step son. Got some tops sirloins for the grill tonight. Got me hungry already. I may have 20 years to go, but it sure felt like I retired when I moved up here to the north land. I went from working 50-80 hours a week to a straight 40. Have not had to work a Saturday in 10 years. Must be because we are not union, don't have to work as hard as those union guys  ;) :happy1: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:. Have a good day all!!

OH and good job Boar on the dandy bear!!! :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning, all. Pretty soggy and drippy down here in Swampville. Just saw 2 squirrels backstroke by. Last nites storm dumped another one and 3/4'' inches on us, according to my just-about-worn-out rain gauge. Thanks for the warning Dotch, it hit about 5 mns after yer message. Got black real fast. (pic)  Buddy is coming over after lunch so we can move out all the furniture and thousand pieces of fishing/camping gear in the rec room to make room for the carpet layers on Monday. How did I accumulate so many coolers and insulated cooler bags, anyway?! Anyone need a Minnow Magic aerated minnow cooler!? I found four finished ones in the stuff...    :doah:   My other electrician buddy (he bought all my ice fishing gear) will be here checking some outlets and wiring for me. I can see not getting too much done today when we all get yakking fishing....have a good day guys, and stay dry.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
MORNING folks..............a trip into Minneapolis today to rustle up some trouble at one of our shops. off today at 2 pm. going to an open house where my son works at a place called rotochopper. then after dat its beer thirty!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning Gents and Glenn  ;). Yippy skippy it is Friday. Going to head to the  hunting land tomorrow and cut in a new trail to put up and stand for my step son. Got some tops sirloins for the grill tonight. Got me hungry already. I may have 20 years to go, but it sure felt like I retired when I moved up here to the north land. I went from working 50-80 hours a week to a straight 40. Have not had to work a Saturday in 10 years. Must be because we are not union, don't have to work as hard as those union guys  ;) :happy1: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:. Have a good day all!!

OH and good job Boar on the dandy bear!!! :happy1:
lol............ I see you been hanging around boar wayyyyyyyy to long!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I day of work but tomorrow the fun begins.  I'll start the morning out in the stand.  If the big one doesn't walk by it will be off to the golf course and then back in the stand for the evening hunt.  What a day  :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
catchup weekend to keep wife happy
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
catchup weekend to keep wife happy
wifey is leaving...................glenn happy!!!!!!!! just kidding I do love the auld broad!!!!!!!!!! she'll be back!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Last night after bemoaning the fact the last of my Tanqueray was suddenly history, it dawned on me I'd purchased a new 1.75 liter bottle for our anniversary. Promptly pressed that bad boy into service! 1.21" of rain at the ranch and 1.37" in Bugtussle proper in the overnight. Heading to a car show in Waseca tomorrow. Offers an excellent opportunity to relax, sit around, talk smart and have a couple beers for a few hours. Gotta get rid of the leftovers Mrs. Cheviot brought back from the MN State Fair. My buddy's wife is also gone for the weekend. Should probably get something done too but while the cat's away, the mice will play!  :whistling:
« Last Edit: September 09/16/16, 12:21:00 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
she'll be back cause you cant feed your self... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
What a great morning.   Out with the boy, listening to everything waking up.  No deer yet.

Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
she'll be back cause you cant feed your self... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Of course he can! He's union!!!!

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm alive!!!!

Good morning fellas.  Life is great!  I haven't been at peace like this for ten plus years.  Don't know if I posted but I am getting divorced and it's been a couple of months since I told the wife.  The days have their ups and downs with her working things out but #1 best thing is my kids are doing great.  Son who is a senior is taking it very well and daughter who's a junior has had some troubles but I think the main thing was her bf moved and she was bummed about that.  Anyway life is moving on.

I met a gal who's pretty cool.  Wife thought it was great and didn't care at all until she saw her!  Guess #2 is supposed to not be better looking than #1!  Good for me I say.  We are heading to Annandale with a friend and his wife for some big Flea market swap meet.  New gal loves that stuff and she brought me musky fishing for my birthday a few weeks ago.  We each caught one, hers a 38 incher mine a 40 incher.  It's hard outfishing others but I'm pretty nice about it since I have so much experience.

I wish I could post photos on here easier.  I've got 8 or so 28-30 inch walleyes to post from this year.  What a fishing year for the Walters.  Probably close to 600 or so were brought into the boat.  Also figured out the bluegills on my dad's lake.  Beautiful and fun fish and I never keep a one, just photos. 

FYI, I'm a happy man, hope you can tell.  I'm back.  Sober, happy, and being a dad.  Life is good my friends.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
 :cry:

The mornin after the day before.

Taws' a said day in Lee's world yesterday. I spent the day working on tearing down most of the remainders of my 1997 love of my life (Lund Boat). I'm trying to remove all the nifty after market upgrade items I installed over the last 20 yrs. My boat has been classified as not repairable. Therefore It will be salvaged. As much as I've always considered myself a pretty tuff guy I caught myself with a tear :cry: on my cheek once during the process. Now I'm waiting to hear from my outboard motor guy to see if he can locate parts for my 2001 motor that are no longer stocked. If not that will have to go to the graveyard also. :banghead:

I still have to do more work on my wreck before the flatbed truck comes to take her to the burial grounds. After that I can sit and admire my empty boat trailer.

Details &  :Photography: Here:
http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?topic=33383.msg224891#msg224891

Thanks for the memories my sweet darlin :bow:

Rest in peace!

« Last Edit: September 09/17/16, 08:41:55 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Atta boy LL, sounds like your having a blast!! Not sure wether to say congrats or that sucks, splitting up families is hard to do. Well anyhow glad your back and happy, we need to find up some other missing forum friends, lbbg, Bobby bass sorry if I'm missing any others. Morning all just got back from our 2 mile walk, the pooch won't let us sleep in on weekends.  We walk around a softball park and he finds up all the home run balls in woods and weeds...pretty funny. Well have a great fellas. Keep smiling.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Morning boys, Glorious sunny day! reat to be alive, LL ya sound great buddy, glad things are brightning up for you! Ive got breakfast with my mom, house work for the wife, wifes working, bonefire or fishing with a freind. have a great day!!
78.50"

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
 Sun Wow its been drizzle here all morning. Hate to say it but I wet a line yesterday and it was kinda slow? Only spent two hours out there. The lake was like glass  at 7am but time I got out there it was a little choppy.
Golf game coming back around after hitting the ball fat for a month I was very frustrated to say the least. Still shooting two arrows a day with the recurve and will start hunting in oct.. If I'm sitting in my stand and a grouse comes by I always have a arrow just for that and will always give up the silence to take one with the bow. My buddies that were going to come duck hunt cancelled ,maybe next year. Any way have a great day and good luck to all you early season hunters
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that's gotta really suck Lee..............I honestly feel for ya. that's a nice looking boat there!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..kinda cool and overcast here. gonna get some things cleaned up and packed away for winter. there's a chance I may get out fishing this evening, if I get my truck back!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..kinda cool and overcast here. gonna get some things cleaned up and packed away for winter. there's a chance I may get out fishing this evening, if I get my truck back!!!!!!

Mama impound yer truck again?   :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Bummer Lee. Hope you somehow get something you like to replace her. And speaking of replacements, geez LL, that was quick. You're not  suddenly eating a lot of Kelloggs cereal are you?  :scratch: I know it sounded like things were not all peaches and cream but had no idea you'd changed gears or chicks recently. If you're happy and your ex isn't that's the main thing...lol. Personally, if it ever came to that here, after 32 years of marriage there is NO WAY I could ever get married again. I enjoy my freedom too much now when Mrs.Cheviot is gone on her travels. I really need my space. 

My buddy, Vista's noted Swedish astronomer and I spent the morning and part of the afternoon at the car show in Waseca. Both of us were in the top 20 again and I won a $20 door prize to Club 57/Starfire grill so nothing wrong with that. We had a good time and best of all we got to drive around making people gawk. Apparently not every day you see a couple of old farts tearing around in '57 T-Birds and '59 Silver Hawks. Before we know it the snow will be flying so we'd better enjoy it while we can.  :snow2:     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Always tough to loose a great boat.  I've been through storms up there but thankfully it was in a protected spot at the time.  Not always possible but I got lucky.  So at the time I was lucky to save my boat from storms,  I lost it to my getting divorced years ago.  Had to pay for a lawyer and I didn't have the money back then, so there it went.  The boat, my depth finder [first Vexilar flasher], and a new gas auger used one season.  Talk about being devastated.  But I got my kids and a new life and now I have two boats and a canoe and a awesome wife.  Hopefully LL, that a new life begins with you.    good luck.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
mornign Boys. hope the day will treat you all well. Hi reiny, were ya been buddy, Ive got sausage on he brain, got my bear and looking at a few deer yet, so the good time are gonna roll. have a great day!!
78.50"

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Taking care of my wife but I did go fishing for a day up to Duluth.  Boulder Lake.  Jumped in my brothers boat.  It was one of those retired police buddy contests they have.  Everyone chips in $20 bucks and the most weight by one guy taken wins it all.  I came in second which netted me $0  LOL.  Fun day.  Some walleyes, nice crappies, and a few good perch.  Yesterday while driving my truck my heat gauge went up.  Stopped and antifreeze sprayed everywhere.  Had it towed home [only 3 miles away].  Hose or maybe a water pump.  Will check it out today.  Getting ready for the game.  Now to plan the meal.  I'm thinking sausage also.  Polish next.  good luck.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I am being a lazy bum today so far. I need to get my mojo back after playing hard yesterday. Went to FF when I finished chores last night and got a 3 pt. bale spear on sale. Now I can maneuver the bales around as needed rather than calling my neighbor once every few weeks. Also got a couple thick cut pork chops for the grill this noon and need to fish some lamb chops out of the freezer to thaw for supper. Since it's breezy, I should also get my 'maters picked and mow lawn. However, just thinking about all this work tuckered me out so much I had to take a nap after morning chores! Had a little coffee sans tincture after I woke up so now I should be ready to tear into 'er.  :coffee: 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man LL I wondered what you were up to.  Haven't seen you hanging around much.  Hey good luck to you and it sounds like everything will be alright.  Hey we don't want pics of the fish, we want pics of #2.   :happy1:  We are leaving Lead where we rented a cabin for the family to stay in for four days.  Had a great time and I will fill you all in later after I get home.  I am hooked up to my phone now so not so smooth as my battery runs down fast when I do this.  Great game last night.  I like Sammy.  Too bad for Adrian but we have to learn to move on without him. Well talk to ya all later.  PS  I wonder about what your living arrangements are now LL?  Do you and #2 stay in the guest bedroom and walk around in your robes in the morning talking to #1 while having coffee????   lolol  :laughroll:  Maybe have some....   or nothing.....   lol   Hey good luck to you.   And Lee Man I feel for ya.  Good luck to you too.  Back to MN soon boys. 

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Ok here's a photo posting attempt

Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
couple more

« Last Edit: September 09/19/16, 10:01:10 AM by leechlake »
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning all!!!!!!!!!!!!! kinda dreary here today, cloudy wants to rain but not much of it. sounds like a rainy week and weekend ahead. masy change my plans to head to cabin this weekend after going to Duluth on Friday!!!!!!!!!

not much on the agenda for the week. hoping to mow the lawn tonite. got 5 mater plants left in the garden I decided to hang on to yet but guessing by the end of week those maters will be ripe and then will pull the plants. man that cherry mater plant must have vines 8 ft long!!!!!!!

oh, Reb sent me an email this morning..........he said he and the neighbor lady are still hung over from the Vikings game last nite!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: