Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902874 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
hey boar..................hows that fireball headache this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
just fine buddy, thanks for caring!  no headach, just slooooooow on the gooooooo.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 I'm finally doin something today!! Sat we got 40 lbs of pork shoulder and 17 lbs of beef chuck,I boned it defatted and cubed it.Sunday I spiced an herbed it (No prepacked sausage spice for us its our recipes) today is grinding day all fresh sausage no preservatives or nitrates its fresh.
 Got Italian sicilian type,Chorizo mexican type,Sage breakfast,  cajun Budin, and a small batch of Greek? spanish? chorizo that will be dried an smoked Chillin the fat and grinder right now in the freezer the meat is in the fridge.
 2 weeks ago we made some porkloin cured meat and some porkshoulder cured They are hanging on the porch!! I never thought it would be in the 80s temp wise! So they are hanging in the garage bait/beer fridge at 48 degrees.
 Well here I go!
 Oh yah the pork shoulder was $1.18 a lb and the chuck was 2.69 a lb. Cant beat those prices!! so we went for it.
« Last Edit: September 09/19/16, 11:12:35 AM by dew2 »
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Very nice LL. The girl isn't bad either...lol. Seriously, just happy that you're happy. Think I'm feeling a little of the Budweiser I was drinking yesterday. My head kinda hurts. Haven't been in the habit of drinking that stuff but since it was warm out,  it suddenly became one of my 3 favorite kinds of beer. It was in the fridge, it belonged to someone else and it was cold.  ;) Wow, looks like there are buys to be had in the meat dept. there dew. Speaking of that, peeked at whole pork loin prices the other day. Cheap. Should load up. About the time I do that though someone will butcher a hog and wonder if I want half of it. Well best get back at it. Still some yield estimates to finish up.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
don't let dew blow smoke there Dotch...............that's all road kill possum, raccoon and skunk, maybe a little venny thrown in!!!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
don't let dew blow smoke there Dotch...............that's all road kill possum, raccoon and skunk, maybe a little venny thrown in!!!!!!
57 you putz!!Dont you remember I was to save all that road kill you mention above for yer wild game feed in ColdSprings :doah: :doah: :bonk:
 I,ll even throw in a few tree rats!! Just for you :happy1:

OR would you rather they be sewer rats :scratch:
« Last Edit: September 09/19/16, 12:34:31 PM by dew2 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
The boy and I were back out setting pocket gopher traps the last few days and brought in 3 more of them.  on the way back from the deer stand he spotted a couple fresh mounds.  We set out 4 traps and had one hole plugged up.  Tonight I might have to hit the golf course if the wind is going to stay out of the south or east.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
go gettem General!!!!!!!!!!!!!

morning folks, got da lawn cut last nite, on my b-day even!!!!!!!!! tonight  putting fish in the pickling brine. looks like a wet rest of the week. best look for inside projects!!!!! have a good day all.........................even you boar!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
werd u buy the fish glenn, must be on sale?
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
fresh outta da lake kemo saby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
wow u drove all the way to red lake.
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
wow u drove all the way to red lake.
that dead sea!!!!!! lol!!!!!!!! nope secret lakes x, y and z!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
oh they washed up on shore huh??
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oh they washed up on shore huh??
hey, don't you gotta go play in your bear blubber???????????????????

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
werd u buy the fish glenn, must be on sale?
boar ya outta know by now where those fish come from :bonk: :bonk:
 If their not donated to 57 he stops at the site I add below in Baxter,Mn.

When yah gonna render that fat? I got grandma,s method for pork fat iffin yah want it.I helped for years doin it!!!
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1AOHY_enUS708US708&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=morey%27s fish market motley&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=46353368,-94450372,15477&tbm=lcl&tbs=lf_msr:-1,lf_od:-1,lf_oh:-1,lf:1,lf_ui:9,lf_pqs:EAE&fll=46.40097757984541,-94.27115817246096&fspn=0.18421467925941215,0.4147723449933949&fz=11&oll=46.3533685,-94.45037265&ospn=0.06445638654312802,0.44358733288677854&oz=10&qop=1&rlfi=hd:;si:14485042296862447116
« Last Edit: September 09/20/16, 01:38:05 PM by dew2 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi ya fellas, speaking of fish I need to pull some out. Just got done snapping 4 big boxes of sticks for kindling for the up coming fireplace season, that gives me 8 boxes in the shed so hopefully it'll make it. I've been meaning to put in a wood insert downstairs but I keep putting it off, they make it look easy on the videos but we all know how that goes. Any how trapping season has come up fast so get them mousing traps ready, nuttin like a good meal of ol Beaty eyes...

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Got home today from the Black Hills.  Had a great time.  Saw all of the attractions.  Stayed in a great cabin on top of Deer Mountain south of Lead.  BUT it is great to be back home.  Got the dogs out of the kennel and Bob the cat was so glad to see us back at home too. 

Good to hear that LL is back on track.  I just wonder how much he paid the model to stand on his pontoon boat for that pic.  lol  Good for you LL.  Life is wonderful and we all need to remember that especially in trying times. 

I have lots of pics on the cam of the two fawns and the doe hanging around but no bucks for awhile.  Had a fork horn awhile back.  I may take him with my crossbow if I get a good shot but he must know that hence his no show lately.  Have never stuck a deer with an arrow so looking forward to it.  Ok time for me to relax now.  Drove almost 2000 miles in the last few days and that is a lot for me.  Like I said GREAT to be back home. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I just got back from the smoke shop....30#'s of summer sausage. 1/2 with pepper jack cheese and the other 1/2 with extta garlic & pepper.....good eats.....  :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. It has been a crazy busy week this week. Nothing is going right at work so far. Have one of the 3D printers broke down and they sent us the wrong parts yesterday. Now waiting for the correct ones to get here today. Last Saturday we went to the hunting land and blazed in a new trial through the woods to put up a stand for my step son. Boy did that kick our butts. The wife and I could barely move when we got home. Beer didn't hardly even help, but I kept trying to see if it would. Well hope things go better today. Have a good one all!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya morning all.  Having another cup of java.  Took the day off to rest up from the big vaca.  lol  I was happy to see we got a few orders while we were gone.  People are getting fish houses ready for hard water season.  That's great.  Get orders a little earlier each year.  We have even had some dealers order in the middle of summer now and then.  Never too early to get more stuff...    :happy1: 

Got a little sprinkle going on here this morning.  I am hoping to mow the lawn this afternoon after I get all of my other work done. 

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I made it out golfing last night and what a wonderful evening it was.  Tonight I'll get out with the boy to check the traps and sit in the stand depending on the wind.  Have a good one fellas. :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like the rain is up north right now but they are saying we are going to get it also into the evening.  Just put 3  boneless pork loins in the brine.  9 days and they get smoked.  These are for my brother.  Then I have to make more for us and deer camp give away's.  My brother went to our deer area to check for down'd trees.  With the heavy straight line wins they had north of Duluth it was a concern.  He say's he didn't see much of that there.  But 15 miles south of there it was a different story.  I seen the damage when I went fishing last week to Boulder Lake.  Many big white pines were down.  He said he did find some edible mushrooms there for the first time.  Lot's of them.  Probably because we normally go there in late October.  Have a good one.  good luck.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
three, i can only get my wife to buy 1 at a time, and she always gets the smallest one to.
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just waiting to see what the weather is going to do to us tonight. We were lucky as only about 10 miles up the road they got 2.5" or more. Due to the wet weather, it's shaping up like I'm probably going to make my annual drink, er, I mean fishing trip to Canada after all next week. Need to get one small detail handled first: My Dotch pickup. Noticed last night when I dropped some papers off at a customer's place that it was sluggish about starting. Left it running when I did chores at the neighbors then went home. Opened the hood and there was a bunch of corrosion around the battery connection on the positive cable. Took the cables off, cleaned the posts and clamps, reconnected them and everything seemed normal.

Started OK when I went to work this a.m. but when I was ready to leave and check fields, it acted bucky again. Left the truck running while afield and decided I'd better make a stop at the local repair shop on my way back through town. Pulled up, shut it off, made an appt. for tomorrow a.m. then got back in to start it. One crank and that was it. Tried it again. Same result. One more time ditto. Starter smelled hot. Tried it while Ike listened, smelled hot and no doubt in his mind it was probably the starter. Could have one tomorrow he said. Mrs. Cheviot came and got me so now I'm driving the Buick for a day. I could've drove the Stude I suppose but I didn't want her to become aroused. After all, I had work to do.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
three, i can only get my wife to buy 1 at a time, and she always gets the smallest one to.
Is that why she picked you?  :nerd:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Is that why she picked you?  :nerd:
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
thats kinda funny coming from a guy  who dosent know what a moose looks like.haha!
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
lol  Good one about sizes...   Back to the ol grind today.  Oh well 2 days this week makes for a great week.   Did get things shipped yesterday and got the lawn mowed.  Then went fishing after supper and got one sauger right up to the boat and lost it.  Nice one too.  Had another one nibbling but didn't get it.  Felt good to be out though.  The dogs loved it too.  Buddy has sure settled down in the boat.  He used to run all over looking in every direction.  Now he sits calmly and smells the air for critters along the shoreline.  Good boy. 

First day of fall today.  Feels great.  Haven't sat in the blind yet.  Only the fawns and doe on the trail cam.  I am thinking when people start shooting that is when the bucks may show up.  Who knows?? 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Kind of wet down in this end of the state.  Everyone OK?   

Dotch?  Reb?  You guys OK?
Looks like Waseca got it bad.  We are ok except the sump pumps are running a lot and the vent in the bathroom is dripping.