Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903036 times)

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I finally know what Dotch has been talking about when he claims he has to avoid the Mrs amorous moves.  I mean I just turned 49 I can't keep up at this pace of the new gal.  My face hurts from kissing too and my back actually hurts from it getting rubbed too much.  Also my skin is smooth from getting loofad or whatever its called in the shower.  Ok...family site.

Heading to cabin today.  I have days of tree removal to do.  Hope to have it cleaned up by end of October with various trips up there.  Kind of funny I could move up there now at least temporarily but I want to stay around my kids. 

Hey Dotch she does have the same first name as the Kelloggs chick!  Funny.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning gents, everyone drying out. If this keeps up the pheasants and deer will have no shortage of hiding places since the farmers won't be able to take the crops out until freeze up... Pretty slow on the work front today, think I'll put in my eight and skate.  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers, was to dark before I left to check the rain gauge but all my 5 gal PAILS ARE FULL OF RAIN WATER. USUALLY MEANS AT LEAST 3/4 of an inch of rain. kinda slow here today also. headed out early, have a dr apt with a back surgeon. had enough of this crap!

tomorrow a trip to Duluth is in order, then over to the cabin in Itasca county for da weekend. little fishing, little grouse hunting, little playing with wood!!!! oh yea and a few refreshments at the appropriate times!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Morning, all! 3" rain is what we lucked out with down here in Swampville. Looked real nasty for a bit; sky turned that sickly orangish yellow in the NW; bathing everything in that light, making the green trees look neon. That quickly turned to hard black when the lightning started cracking and the thunder rumbling....and I knew we were in for it again.  :cry:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
them some pretty cool pics Reb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on the bright side I got some nice rain for my new sprouting grass!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
New grass LOVES that nitrogen-from-lightning and thunder rain, Glenn! Makes it happy!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Those are some cool pics Reb. Morning all. Staying plenty busy here at work. Actually I am behind the eight ball. Have been for the last 2 weeks. You need to man up LL, it is a tuff life when them women get into their frisky 40s and the frisky 50s.  :happy1: I have been abused for the last 11 years, it is a ruff life. ;) :happy1: I think we are going to stop tonight at the gun dealer, I want to get a deer rifle that my wife can shoot. Thinking of a 7mm-08. Think that should be a good one. Then maybe my grandson can shoot it too in a couple of years. Also maybe if she has a new toy to play with I can get a little rest. ;)   Have a good one all!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.  Going to Fleet Farm today to get a holster for my hand gun I use for my carry permit.  Inside the pants carry doesn't work for me.  Things are getting crazy out there.  I have not carried much at all.  Mainly when I travel.  I do not want it visible at all.  have to get a extra clip also.  the handgun I have was my brothers second gun he wore while on duty.  he have it to me some time ago.  I practice a lot though at a indoor range near my home.  Have to get me some more pellets for smoking as well.  I'm looking forward to going up north again to check the deer area.  We hunt north of Duluth way back in the woods and it's always great to check the stands, deer signs, and just being there even though we have hunted the  same place since the late 60's.  Pink salmon or "humpies" are running thick in the Gooseberry River and some other streams right now for those who want to get a few of them.  good luck.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Careful there LL and jerkbiat. I think people here are starting to suspect I might be full of $hit!  :rotflmao:

We're OK. A little soggy perhaps but we've been down this road before. Waseca sounds like ground zero this time around. They just got done setting precip records for the two month period of July and August, got pounded yesterday and now again in the overnight. Anecdotal reports of over 13" in the 24 hour period. At the SROC, they measured 7.64" in the overnight; the old record was 5.63 in 2010. Their two day total was 10.16" beating the old record of 7.65". Their September total so far is 14.57"; the old record was 12.66". Over 40" for the May - September growing season. Tom Hoverstad informs me that they are closing in on their wettest calendar year ever. They had 50.46" in 1991. They are at 48.68" presently and counting. We only got a measly 5.22" at the ranch and 7.7" in Bugtussle proper. Water was running over the road by the golf course though so I'll need to take an alternate route home. The good news: Yer squeeze's new flower planter is still safe Del. I even pumped the tires up!  ;)

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Forgot to post my best one...! This was out on Hwy 52 last nite as I was heading back home.....it was friggin' spooky!!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Careful there LL and jerkbiat. I think people here are starting to suspect I might be full of $hit!  :rotflmao:

We're OK. A little soggy perhaps but we've been down this road before. Waseca sounds like ground zero this time around. They just got done setting precip records for the two month period of July and August, got pounded yesterday and now again in the overnight. Anecdotal reports of over 13" in the 24 hour period. At the SROC, they measured 7.64" in the overnight; the old record was 5.63 in 2010. Their two day total was 10.16" beating the old record of 7.65". Their September total so far is 14.57"; the old record was 12.66". Over 40" for the May - September growing season. Tom Hoverstad informs me that they are closing in on their wettest calendar year ever. They had 50.46" in 1991. They are at 48.68" presently and counting. We only got a measly 5.22" at the ranch and 7.7" in Bugtussle proper. Water was running over the road by the golf course though so I'll need to take an alternate route home. The good news: Yer squeeze's new flower planter is still safe Del. I even pumped the tires up!  ;)
MIGHT????????????? Hmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!! as in any good investigation one has to hear arguments from both sides. none yet from the Mrs....

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, new squeeze?  You must have me mixed up with Reb and his neighbor ladies. 

I still have my regular squeeze, same one for many years. 

But I hear the junkyard a few blocks away is still buying scrap steel, so bring it on.   It'll probably bring enough for a couple of Rapalas and some charcoal.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
hmmm i didnt think bessy blow up cow qualified for a main squeeze... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I think yer dyslexic Del. Can ya help me with the spelling on that one boar? :scratch:

Flooding issues continue to mount. Sounds like the sandbagging effort on Hwy 13 to keep the care center from flooding was for naught. They are evacuating the residents. Also looks like the local meat market is getting nailed. They're putting stuff into a reefer so it will keep but the water looks like it's made its way inside. That really bites because I so appreciate dealing with them and how they've packaged our lamb. Plus they're a really hard working super family. The kids actually know how to work.

You have to be really careful where you drive around here. A lot of roads closed with water not only on them but running to beat hell across them with some places washed out entirely. My pickup didn't get the starter put in it today since the area around the shop is in the water. Think the shop itself is OK but that could change. Water is still rising so driving a '99 Buick Regal through very much of it isn't an option.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow!!!  I can't imagine how much of a burden that must be..   About 13 years ago I had straight line winds wipe out over a hundred big trees and wrecked my house but I was able to live in it for awhile.  Every vehicle had damage too.  BUT it was over in a half an hour and I was able to start cleanup.  The water thing is a whole different character.  What a terrible disaster...   Good luck to all. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Del was going to go to a Dyslexic Help meeting, but couldn't seem to find it listed in the phone book.  ;)  I've been watching yer town on the news, Dotch. That's terrible. I've been thru that so many times. My Dad lost his entire store and everything in it the '78 flood here. My heart goes out to those people. Just having yer basement get water in it is bad enough to deal with......

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Dotch that spreader looks like a pot plantation ;).  I hope everyone dries out and doesn't have to much damage.  I was in Dakids neck of the woods today and it didn't look to bad.  I'm going to go check the traps with the boy here quick and hit the deer stand this weekend.  Have a good one :happy1:

P.S.  Sorry to hear about everyone's women problems.  It sounds like you guys aren't man enough to tire them out. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: September 09/22/16, 06:47:22 PM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Sort of like the dyslexic agnostic that lay awake wondering if there is a dog. 

Yep, must have read it wrong.  Junkyard still buying scrap if you float it over here.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch that spreader looks like a pot plantation ;).  I hope everyone dries out and doesn't have to much damage.  I was in Dakids neck of the woods today and it didn't look to bad.  I'm going to go check the traps with the boy here quick and hit the deer stand this weekend.  Have a good one :happy1:

P.S.  Sorry to hear about everyone's women problems.  It sounds like you guys aren't man enough to tire them out. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
so general ya noticed my wife when you tilled the garden.................she's wore out. needed new knees a new hip and the other hip ready to be replaced!!!!!!!! notice I aint talking women problems!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :bow: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tequila;
« Last Edit: September 09/22/16, 08:12:42 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

so general ya noticed my wife when you tilled the garden.................she's wore out. needed new knees a new hip and the other hip ready to be replaced!!!!!!!! notice I aint talking women problems!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :bow: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tequila;

That's cuz none of 'em will go anywhere near ya, ya little corn nut!!!!CC :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ha! HD been posting all my old girlfriend's! :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are the man Glen.  You must take vitamins to keep up with those girls.  Do you guys really fish?   :happy1:  TGIF.  Having new seamless gutters installed on the house, maybe tomorrow.  Was going to do the gutter helmet thing too but sounds like there are more cons than pros on them.  Still have to clean the gutter now and then but have to take the helmets off so not going to do that.  It is a local guy doing it so hope it all turns out ok.  Reminds me of the movie Tin Man with Danny Devito and Billy Bob Thornton.......    I may have to watch it again this weekend.  It has been years since I have seen it.  Anything with Billy Bob in it is classic.  lol  Looks like a rainy day up here at the top of the nation for tomorrow.  Hopefully it takes it away from you guys that already have too much water down there.  Well see ya all later. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morning all. looking to have a nice weekend. going fishing to night and posting 30" walleye later tonight. gona do alittle.river bottom work, some trap shooting with my son, .and mayne a bone fire and some hunting. man i love fall. hope everyone has a great weekend.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
'mornin'! Got rid of the office pest so continuing my role as a go between for flood control issues. Have to chuckle telling well-meaning coffee shop meteorologists how much rain we measured only to hear them say that can't be right, we had to have had more than that. Water is starting to recede although we're still driving around water hazards to get to town. Fortunately we had less rain in the eastern portion of the watershed than we had in 2010 when the last major flooding occurred. Unfortunately soils were wetter to start with so it's still not leaving like someone pulling the plug on a bathtub. So far sounds like the bowling alley survived, the meat market ditto, and the care center maybe. They did put the new starter in the pickup this a.m. so we should be positioned to pull off the Canadian trip.

It stinks in the office this a.m. The guy who rents a corner cubicle decided to defrost his fridge and in the process must've had some packages of fish that leaked goo into the drip pan that in turn overflowed. He just left the mess and when I called him to clean it up, he did a half fast job, put a fan on it so the rest of us could really enjoy it even more and took off. This guy isn't house broken as he has demonstrated several times. Not positive how long ago he started the process but it's pretty nasty in here.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Just take the fridge outside and throw some plastic over it until he gets back.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just take the fridge outside and throw some plastic over it until he gets back.

You are management material Del.  Good call, that's what I would do.  He made his problem everyones problem, and that is not cool. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
lol...amazingly enough the fridge itself wasn't the main issue. By design all the stuff in the fridge is channeled into a sump and pretty well drains out of it when defrosted. His office is a pig sty so the water + goo that ran on and under the table it was setting on, under various boxes, papers, etc. that soaked some of it up. The rest apparently ran down and under the baseboard judging by the watermarks on the pegboard walls. We got pissed, went down there with a mop, a rag and a bucket of bleach and cleaned up what we could. We opened his window and the front door to let some of the stench out but you can still catch a hint of it wafting through the office. I threw one of those large cushioned envelopes that got soaked up with the putrid cocktail in the dumpster. If he comes back to the office when I'm here, that bad boy is going under the front seat in his car! Jerk!  ;D   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
There then! Got a ram loaded up and sent down the road, same one that rearranged my kneecap last December. Gave the guy who got him a sampling of our SnowsSweet and Honeycrisp  apples so everyone should be happy. Going to watch the Gophers play hated Colorado St. then see.what happens. Taking a cruise comes to mind after a nap perhaps. As long as Mrs. Cheviot keeps her hands to herself I'll be golden. 😘

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRPqQMMOHI4
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRPqQMMOHI4
Wtf?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!