Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905114 times)

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRPqQMMOHI4
Wtf?
How does someome here post a utube link?direct connection? No utube link I can find??Wtf?

Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Somewhere recently Reb posted a you tube clip on here. I was baffled too but then I am easily confused. I imagine the neighbor lady is giving him a rubdown after all the remodel work he's been up to.  😉
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well it rained on and off here all day.  The family and I went shopping for the items we needed for the new pup coming next Friday.  We then went out for dinner at the Olive Garden for some pasta.  This evening we went to the local drive in movie theatre to watch Storks and Sully.  Tomorrow morning we will go to church and hopefully the south wind stops and I can get in the deer stand in the evening.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I was getting ready to go out to the deer stand, all dressed up, and it's raining....uuuhhgg.... I'm not sitting in the rain.

So, coffee in front of the TV, watching the news. Then maybe run into town with Mama when she wakes up.

Have a great day boys!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Rain here too( by Winnie), not as bad of wind. Big NW blow coming thru tomorrow
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers, raining again here or should I say still. So much for our usual 2 mile morning walk, the lab doesn't understand that we are fair weather walkers. So it's coffee with a quiche with some sausage then start whipping up game time treats.  :happy1:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Morning boys,  gots lots of tings done yesterday,  did a little trail work,  replenishe a couple mineral sites, man the deer eiter really like that white block of deer co-cane or the rain really dose a number on them, gonna have to get a brown mineral block they last alot longer. got some eyebolts on the trailer so i can tie down the bickes securly, wife and i are going on a ride to itasca  this weekend. got some lights strung on the ice castle. Found two leaks on the furnace conections in the ice castle. I work in propane with my company besides fertilizer, and we have whats called a sniffer, that detect the slightest leak, even if the nose cant. so had to take apart part of the cabinet housing and goop a few connection. safty first. Had a blast with my son, took him out to do some clay target shooting. He gets easily frustrated due to his aspergers, but on the 3rd shot he ' got it dialed in and was dusting them almost as good as dad, for his second time shooting clays, he it  70-75 percent. That was fun!! got a few more things to do be fore the wife comes back shes been visiting  a girlfreind in st cloud since wensday night. so tis been peacefull around here to say the least, nice break in the routine of life and marRAGE. have a great sunday, Go Vikes!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning gents.  You too Reb...  lol Had to raz you a little since I heard you were getting something rubbed over at the neighbor ladies house.   Please do not send pics.   :-)   Well we had the stroganoff last night and it turned out great.  Along with the cocktails.  Well the wife said I was inhaling it.  I started choking and I am not kidding I thought it may be all over.   I couldn't get my breath and was getting weak.  Finally I got some air and was able to get it back in order.  Like I told the wife I actually felt like I had gone to some spiritual place.  That was to close.  I kept telling the wife lick me,  lick me.   lol  Didn't work.    Well now I am heating up some honey.  I buy it raw from Wilmers Honey in Warroad.  Once it has been pasteurized like in the stores most of the beneficial things are gone.  I buy a gallon at a time.  That is about 12 lbs.  It is usually hard so I put a jag of it in the honey bottle and then on a plate that is in a pan of water on the stove as low of heat as I can.  The plate keeps the plastic bottle from melting, sort of like a double boiler.      It is rainy here too.  Got just shy of an inch last night.  Spose to clear up some but then rain again tonight.  We are pretty soggy here to but not anything like you guys down by the flooding areas.      Speaking of Vikes Boar it is going to be a tough game today.  I still pick the Vikes to win due to my eternal optimism.    ;)  I just can't forget the girl who was in her college dorm room and Cam Newton and his minions walked right into her room looked her in the eye picked up her laptop and walked out the door with it.  I don't think he even got into much trouble for it.  Who knows.   SO I especially like to see the Panthers lose due to that.  Well I am going to get another cup of Java and raw honey...   Then I will go pump the boat out and check the trail camera.  If I have anything cool on it I will post it.     

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
First we went to church this morning and then I watched the first quarter of the game.  Then decided I couldn't watch that any more.  So I turned the game on the radio and proceeded to change the oil on the car and the truck.  In between rains I fertilized the lawn.  With the vehicles pulled out of the garage I decided to clean it out.  Glad the Vicks pulled it out.  We cooked up some stir fry for supper.  The rain kept me out of the deer stand this evening.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Hey boarski.... I live 15 miles west of St cloud!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Two great days in the woods working on deer stands.  Saturday we checked out about 20 of them and then did another 15 today.  Also made a new trail across a swamp with the new toy.  Argo 8 wheeler with tracks.  So far it looks like the real deal.  I traded my camper for it. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Whew! Finally get a chance to sit down. Did chores and separated a couple little buck lambs from the ewe lamb group. After the rain stopped this a.m. the sun came out so it was time for a cruise in the Stude. Went to Madison Lake to the little watering hole in time for brunch, 3 eggs, hash browns, bacon and toast with a Bloody Mary and beer chaser for $9 including tax. Got home, took a short nap then on to the car club picnic at 4 p.m. One dandy steak and as much other stuff as I could put on my plate later and I was full. Does everybody who's retired eat supper at 5 p.m.?  ;) Almost hit a deer coming out of Beaver Lake park but discovered the brakes do work. Got home to do chores again and Mrs. Cheviot was ahead of me by a few minutes getting out there. She suddenly came back to the house with the dogs. She was all worked up about a skunk sleeping under the trailer in the barn. No problem. Grab my trusty blunderbuss and dispatch said skunk. If you're a skunk, raccoon or a possum, odds of your long term survival are not real good at the ranch. :Hunter: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Morning gang. Slept in until 7:30 today. Lotsa aches and pains from my remodeling stuff. I swear, now I am done...really!  Little chilly in the house, but it felt good. 49* outside. I don't turn the furnace on until I have to pee a hole thru the ice in the toilet bowl. Keep the heat at 64* in winter, it's set there, and that's where it stays. That's just right for me. I gag in these houses that are set at 72* and higher. Reminds me of going to Granny's house. Might as well set out the bowl of peppermints, too. Guess that's why I love ice fishing so much. Cold doesn't bother me, the heat does. Dotch, I thought it was a given every retired person eats at 5:00 PM or sooner...surely you've heard of the early bird special. Besides, that's when Andy Griffith and Barn are on.... ;) A skunk after Mrs. C? I'm surprised Glenn made it down yer way! Have a good day, guys!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning gang. Slept in until 7:30 today. Lotsa aches and pains from my remodeling stuff. I swear, now I am done...really!  Little chilly in the house, but it felt good. 49* outside. I don't turn the furnace on until I have to pee a hole thru the ice in the toilet bowl. Keep the heat at 64* in winter, it's set there, and that's where it stays. That's just right for me. I gag in these houses that are set at 72* and higher. Reminds me of going to Granny's house. Might as well set out the bowl of peppermints, too. Guess that's why I love ice fishing so much. Cold doesn't bother me, the heat does. Dotch, I thought it was a given every retired person eats at 5:00 PM or sooner...surely you've heard of the early bird special. Besides, that's when Andy Griffith and Barn are on.... ;) A skunk after Mrs. C? I'm surprised Glenn made it down yer way! Have a good day, guys!
why you #@%$$##**&%$(%$$&&^&!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 pm????????? i'm still hard at work at that time.

oh yea good morning all!!!!!!! you keep it that cool Reb so the neighbor lady snuggles wit ya...........you aint B.S.'ng me!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It really DOES make the ladies wanna snuggle...or play hide under da blankie games!!!  :happy1:
Can backfire, though. One decided she'd just "keep her coat on".   :banghead:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
64 degrees!!!  That is cold Rebs.  I can see why she would keep her coat on.  Man what a Vikes game.  Boar was hunting and recorded it so I kept giving him teasers as text messages.  Then I started giving him crying faces so he would think they lost.  I don't know if it worked or not.  lol  Ya great to see such a great 2d half.  Zim sure knows how to adjust things at half time.  Fraser was a nice guy but wouldn't change a thing at half even when we were getting our butts kicked.  We sure are losing lots of guys to injuries.  That worries me.  Well we had 1 3/4" of rain over the weekend.  Still drizzly here and will be for a couple more days.  Supposed to have a high of 58 here.  I made a pot of chili yesterday to heat up tonight.  Great weather for chili.  Still only the two fawns and a doe on the trail cam.  Were 2 raccoons before, now there are 4 and they are big and healthy.  Not sure what to do about them.  Well see ya all later.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's snuggle temp, LPS! Seriously, I can't stand it any higher than that. Winter is pair of jeans and a flannel shirt, (With the sleeves rolled up, hate long sleeves) and I'm good to go. 45* here right now and sunny...and the howling winds from yday have disappeared. Since all my remodeling and other work is done, I have no plans for the day. Lotsa pain pills and let the body heal up a bit. May jump on the red rocket later and mow the lawn. Gonna dig around in the Fall recipe  bin and start earmarking some Fall dishes to make soon. Got some ham bones and lotsa trim chunks in the freezer, and picked up my bags of navy beans and split peas the other day for a few of my soups.  Sure feels good having the house all done and ready for winter. Can't wait to cozy up in the "new" downstairs.  Put in a new furnace 2 years ago, so that's A OK, new 'fridge last Friday, so I'll be warm and have plenty of food storage. Two of the three main things in my world. ;D   Time for cup of cawfee #2..then some eggs and bacon, I think. Have a good one, guys....

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man windy as a son of a gun here.  Looks like winter but is supposed to get warm again in a few days.  Fishing is still not hot on the river by my place yet.  The chili turned out great.  Used some ground pork and some venny/beef burger in it so lots of meat.  Then the wife had bought some hard root beer and we had a root beer float with it.  Was great.  When she bought it she started drinking it and it was just too sweet, just like pop so used it for the floats.  Good excuse to get some ice cream in the house. 

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
great to read the morning musings again...makes me feel normal. 

Question and problem I keep having.  I take photos on my phone and go to post them and get an error message that that type of file isn't accepted.  Some photos taken on my phone will post some won't.  They are all the same sized photos and taken with same phone camera.  Let me know, thanks.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Not a big fan of keeping it too warm meself although it does feel good to come in after chores to a warm house. Warm being a relative term. We run about 64 - 66 inside. We have floor heat in the new part of the house so that helps keep your tootsies from getting cold. If you run the floor heat at 68 or above as we sometimes do when we have family gatherings with babies and little kids around, after they leave we have to turn it back down. It gets just stifling to us anyway.

Harvest on hold for the time being. Still water running out of the sidehill in the pasture below the house and at the kindly neighbor's pasture, two spots where water was running across the bottom yet. Looking out in the field where he had combined before the big rain, lots of water standing so it'll be a few days. Some are already getting their panties in a bundle though. You'd swear it was Thanksgiving already the way some of these guys act.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. I hear ya LPS it is really windy here today and yesterday and the day before and the day before. Seems to be rather windy for the last week. Does look like it will warm up the ladder half of the week and weekend. Didn't to much exciting this past weekend, just worked around the house and watched the Vikes. That was nice to see, love having the dominate defense! Well, just another day at the salt mine. Have a good day!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. My day consists of a road trip to Sioux falls!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morn all. ive been getti g really busy again, i getting stantioned in thief river falls to.ru  propane all winter. have a half hour drive every morn and evening so gota re vamp my schedual and pack a lunch.  good education, stting tanks and learni g the propane bussines.leechlake. i think i sent uo a pm on the photo thing. got make sure it jpg andnot jpeg, dowsizi g is a must and with the phone its better to try one pic at a time and u must have a at least a few words or a emoticon be fore it.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just went past Hobby Lobby on my way to the hardware store.....and the windows and store are full of decorated Christmas trees and christmas decorations. Ahh god, c'mon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gimme a break!!!     :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just went past Hobby Lobby on my way to the hardware store.....and the windows and store are full of decorated Christmas trees and christmas decorations. Ahh god, c'mon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gimme a break!!!     :doah:
so what ya buying me for Christmas?? :coffee: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Unreal Rebs.  It is 3 months till Christmas.  That is 1/4 of a year.  Not even Halloween or Thanksgiving yet.  Sales must be slow to be marketing Christmas already.  Now it is raining here.  Boar I found the formula for comparing propane to electric heat.  1 gallon of propane = 27 Kilowatts of elec.  So last night I looked and I paid 11.9 cents a Killowatt on my last bill.  So propane would have to be $3.21 a gallon to be equal to the price of elec.  Of course that is lights, hot water, stove etc, not much heat.  I have been using propane instead of elec on my dual heat system in the winter and am saving a bundle each month.  What is propane now?  $1.19 a gallon, I haven't checked lately.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
so what ya buying me for Christmas?? :coffee: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

A high-voltage electronic muzzle. "Ya, I like katchup and  *ZZZZZT*  YOW!!!      :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, you are getting ripped.   Lake Country Power is 6 cents per kwHr for dual fuel.   11

Did you tell the power company you are dual fuel?  Regular rate is much for for LCP.  13 cents in winter. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

A high-voltage electronic muzzle. "Ya, I like katchup and  *ZZZZZT*  YOW!!!      :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: better response then I expected!! :bow: :happy1:

So Reb, ya gotta find me a weld type shop in cawchester I can sink my grubby union finger into so I can visit!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ha!! No good welding shops here...trust me!!! A lot of good small ones in the little surrounding towns...one in Lake City, run by my buddy, and one down in Chatfield....