Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903954 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I bet Mayo has a welding shop of some sort....

Good Luck.   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Ha!! No good welding shops here...trust me!!! A lot of good small ones in the little surrounding towns...one in Lake City, run by my buddy, and one down in Chatfield....
oh I got me a plan scheming!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
 :doah: thats never good. everyone lock your doors and  hide the matches.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:doah: thats never good. everyone lock your doors and  hide the matches.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :super smiley: :taz: :taz:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Man I enjoy see you guys have a good time.  The boys and I drank a few beers on the golf course tonight.  It was a bit chilly but a good round was shot.  Say anyone hear from DDS lately?
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning guy's.  Cool mornings like this make me want to hang out the orange to get ready for deer camp.  Had more truck problems yesterday.  Fixed my coolant leak which was not the hose but the clamp on the hose which rusted off.  Then the next day I saw some tranny fluid on the cement, coming right from the area I replaced the new hose and clamp.  The line running through the radiator to the tranny radiator was leaking.  So had to replace the whole radiator to fix it since the line runs through it.  Glad I have a great place to bring my truck when needed.  $350 for the whole deal including a oil change.  I've been going there for 10 years.  Honest and very reasonable.  Rare find these days.  They owner doesn't even advertise and now he has two shops.  Word of mouth is the best advertisement.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Aha I see that 11.9 was for on peak.  Off peak is 6.4 cents a kilowat which comes to $1.72 for comparable gallon of propane.  Sounds a little more like it.  Still better to use propane at this point.  I think last year in the peak season we were paying around 8 cents for elec.  I did turn on the base board heating in the front room last night.  They were pretty smelly burning off the summer dust.  We have a pellet stove in there that we will fire up when it gets colder out.  Not sure if it save much money but feels good to have it burning. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers! Vehicles can be such a pain sometimes, but we are so dependent on them. Yes, hard to find good shops like that. It is a good sign when the advertising is word of mouth. You know they do a good job then, usually. Not much new here, just another day in paradise. Have a good one gents!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, at least with the propane you control when it is on or off. Unlike when the power company cycles the off peak electric.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Morning fellers, Vehicle probelms , ishta, Ive got a kia sportage that need cv shaft, battery, heater fan, and a taillight, a expidition needs shifter bushing and the transfer modual, so glad my chevy is built right. getting ready for a bik run thru Itasca this weekend with the wife and sisterinlaw and her hubby, that will be fun, sposed to be a nice weekend. I should be hunting but since I got my bear and glenn hasnt in many years, a little preasur is off. have a great dy guys..
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Morning fellers. Cool,misty, and rainy here. Supposed to last all day. RH got me thinking about that chicken noodle soup yday...and guess what I found in the freezer?! My last tub of chicken noodle soup from April of this year. Picked up a bag of crusty mini-ciabatta rolls the other day when getting groceries, and a block of baby swiss....guess what's for dinner tonite?  ;) Should hit the spot. It's the last car show of the year tonite, and looks like it won't be happening. Dang. The last one is always the best.  Have a good one, guys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool(48) & damp(no rain) here but not much wind for a change. Enjoy the day guys
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers, Vehicle probelms , ishta, Ive got a kia sportage that need cv shaft, battery, heater fan, and a taillight, a expidition needs shifter bushing and the transfer modual, so glad my chevy is built right. getting ready for a bik run thru Itasca this weekend with the wife and sisterinlaw and her hubby, that will be fun, sposed to be a nice weekend. I should be hunting but since I got my bear and glenn hasnt in many years, a little preasur is off. have a great dy guys..
hey bozo........I haven't bear hunted in years!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..............not much happenin today. my trip to Sioux falls yesterday was uneventful. started to see some farmers harvesting. mainly south of cottonwood. lotz of water standing in the willmar area!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
hey bozo........I haven't bear hunted in years!!!!!!

Sounds like maybe you should find a union tow truck shop for him and haul that thing away!!!  ;D

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin'! Getting mentally prepared for a trip to Atikokan tomorrow. My liver is ready after much practice over the summer months! Harvest was "on" again yesterday afternoon in spots. This morning it's "off" following some sprinkles and overcast today. Last night I cut up the tree that fell in the field north of my house so they can combine straight through without worry now. Trying to make myself feel less guilty before heading out but as they say, if you wait until absolutely everything's perfect you'll never go. Be back on Monday night so screw it. Taking along some lamb to grill and my Smokey Joe. There's a half fast gas grill up there but the charcoal unit is a POS like those you find in a city park type with no cover. Their setup is fine for burgers, brats, chops, etc., just simply doesn't cut it when doing a leg. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Have fun Dotch. We'll miss ya! :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :oops1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had to share....... ;)  click to enlarge.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Have fun dotch!!!, good call on bringing the jo. Soup already reb ? I spose makes sense since I filled the crib full of wood in the garage yesterday, it can only one thing....the frigging cold will be coming. Need to climb on the roof and clean out the chimney but I don't really feel like it now, maybe tomorrow.  Had tuna melts last night man were those good, steak tonight, meatloaf tomorrow then a big fat beef roast in the crackpot friday ( couldn't help it reb) . Shouldn't have played fetch with the pooch so long, he's to tuckered to get me a beer, looks like I havta do it..have a great evening fellas!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all! Getting closer to the weekend. Looks like the weather is going to be nice this coming weekend too. Bonus! The wife and I are heading down to Effie for the weekend. Her sister and husband have hunting land down there. Planning to do a little 4 wheelin and do some shooting too. And of course tip a beer or 2 :happy1:. Have a good one gents!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Heading to the land today.  Plans are to complete all stand work and hunting prep. By Friday we should be done with all the work. Man it takes a lot of time and effort to make the property a special place. Due to the land and cabin addition this year, it obviously took additional time getting things ready.  After the next couple days, its just hunting and relaxing.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
jerkbait....... Effie is getting close to or neck of the woods!!!!! have fun!!!!!!!!!

sounds like like an enjoyable weekend there deadeye!!!!!!!! and don't work to hard. kinda fun to do when you don't make it job, make it into a fun hobby.

morning folks. gotz to help my daughter move sat morning, fishing sat evening. not sure about sunday plans, maybe a fire and keep plugging away on putting summer stuff away!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning, trip to the dentist for a routine checkup.  Woke up this morning and our cat has a bald spot on the back of her neck the size of a silver dollar.  It is wet looking but the skin looks fine.  She seems alright a happy.  Wonder what it is.  The guys were here putting up the new gutters, that look great by the way, I wonder if that stressed her out? I read that things like that can happen to cats.  Ringworm is supposed to be a dry area.  We do the flea thing on the neck every 30 days and she is an inside cat.  Man I hate to have to bring her to the vet.  Other than that the wife is gone for the weekend after today for her annual sisters weekend.  They get together and have a great time.  SO I am thinking big ribeye on the grill and maybe a few libations.   Will keep you posted. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
party at LPS's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! call dem fishing gals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Have fun dotch!!!, good call on bringing the jo. Soup already reb ? I spose makes sense since I filled the crib full of wood in the garage yesterday, it can only one thing....the frigging cold will be coming. Need to climb on the roof and clean out the chimney but I don't really feel like it now, maybe tomorrow.  Had tuna melts last night man were those good, steak tonight, meatloaf tomorrow then a big fat beef roast in the crackpot friday ( couldn't help it reb) . Shouldn't have played fetch with the pooch so long, he's to tuckered to get me a beer, looks like I havta do it..have a great evening fellas!!!

Will be arriving later today; watch for Mr. Sparkles to pull  in. I''m bringing the 'mater's, green tops, and  plates.   ;) ;D

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
   One heck of a good idea Glen.  You are the man!!!  They need to be gone by Sunday.   lol   I don't know if I could not have a guilty face after all of that action. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't know there was tuna in Norway lake??????????? or is that what you city folk call them sheepies!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
   One heck of a good idea Glen.  You are the man!!!  They need to be gone by Sunday.   lol   I don't know if I could not have a guilty face after all of that action.

Don't be pumping him up with all that, LPS. He'll have a head bigger than a Macy's Thanksgiving Day float.  ;D

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Don't be pumping him up with all that, LPS. He'll have a head bigger than a Macy's Thanksgiving Day float.  ;D
to late!!!!!!!!!! and rebco.......... I only started with good ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well the wind was finally out of the correct direction and it wasn't raining so I hit the deer stand.  At 6:30 the nice 8 I posted in the trail cam pics walked by at 15 yards.  My son had to go to church school last tonight so he made me promise I wouldn't shoot anything but the monster we have pictures of so it lived to see another day.  Hopefully not shooting that one will bring good things when the boy is actually in the stand.  Now I heard on the radio the wind is switching to the ENE today which is bad for us.  Hopefully they are wrong once again.  I prefer to be done deer hunting by the time pheasant hunting opens but for sure before gun season.  Have a good day fellas.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood