Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905188 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Springfield XD-9mm Mod.2 sub compact. Has a crimson trace laser sight too. Long story short we stopped a week at our favorite dealer to get a box of shells for her deer rifle and it was sitting on the counter. He had just taken it in on trade. The lady had bought it 2 months ago and seen a sig that she just had to have. So basically a new gun for a screaming deal. If the wife didn't get it I probably would have.

Ooh! Nice shooter! Really accurate right outta the box. Rated one of the top ten CC guns by numerous gun mags. I have a Xdm .40 with the 3.8 barrel, competition model. (middle gun in pic) Shoots like  beaut right outta the box. May I recommend a Blackhawk retention holster for that shooter? Available at Scheels and Cabelas....I love mine, more so than the leather ones.

http://blackhawk.com/products/product-promos/serpa-holsters/serpa-cqc-concealment-holster-matte-finish

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 10/21/17, 10:02:10 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nice group....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks! Don't wanna break into my house... :fudd:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that be true....

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man you are armed Rebs.  Cloudy out today.  We are going shopping for some curtain rods for the deer stand/fish house today.  I have some cool camo curtains I want to put up.  Then if it is nice we will go fishing again.  We caught 4 eaters yesterday and had them for supper.  Tanner had one on but couldn't reel fast enough to get it up.  lol  Was fun though.  The wife actually caught 3 of them and I only caught 1.  Great to see her catch them.  Well have a good one.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I left all the rifles outta the pic.     :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man you are armed Rebs.  Cloudy out today.  We are going shopping for some curtain rods for the deer stand/fish house today.  I have some cool camo curtains I want to put up.  Then if it is nice we will go fishing again.  We caught 4 eaters yesterday and had them for supper.  Tanner had one on but couldn't reel fast enough to get it up.  lol  Was fun though.  The wife actually caught 3 of them and I only caught 1.  Great to see her catch them.  Well have a good one.

Camo curtains.....!!!! Too many of those around. Get some with fish, pine-cones, and deer on them. Like my bedspread.    :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/21/17, 12:39:28 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I'm up, and yer not. Morning, fellers. Laying in bed at 4:30 am, and what sounded like a bunch of sick or drunk geese went flying by, couple differnt times. Didn't really sound quite like geese, are there any other birds that may sound like that and fly in early am? They weren't real loud like geese, either. I may just putter today outside. Try to catch the Bucs game on that stoopid DirecTV, maybe  Got a good storm with lotsa wind, rain, lighting, and thunder last nite about 9:00 PM or so. About 1/8" in the rain gauge. Might as well pull the hose and reel in for the winter today. Can't believe some people leave their hoses connected, full of water, and let them sit outside all winter. *crack* Talking the "S" word and 28* for Friday. Cold all week. That'll shut things down. Should really break the leaves loose now, even though my backyard is buried already. Still a lot to come down. This area is full of huge old maples; some haven't even started dropping yet. Haveta take the red rocket to 'em this week and grind 'em up before they get too deep. That'll be at least a  bi-weekly chore until they're done. Might have a pizza for supper, got a loaded roadhouse in the freezer.....have a good day, guys.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: October 10/22/17, 07:38:34 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I'm awake Rebs... just getting my coffee cooking...
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good! Whaddya think those "drunk geese" coulda been?  :scratch:

Offline Carp

• Outdoorsman
We just had some trumpeter swans fly over, they sound like sick geese.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Good! Whaddya think those "drunk geese" coulda been?  :scratch:
Do you ever get snow geese down there? :scratch:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I dunno.....I'll haveta check...

If ya click on "calls in flight", it did sound a lot like that!  :shocked:

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Snow_Goose/sounds?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8sPNj4eE1wIVVluGCh3_ugVMEAAYASAAEgLf6vD_BwE
« Last Edit: October 10/22/17, 05:50:10 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup, snows & specks have a "different" kinda sound.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Whats a speck? Speaking of, ya think my old Mallardtone goose call from '76 is worth anything?

« Last Edit: October 10/22/17, 06:02:23 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Another kind of wild goose. Most fly the Sodak flyway, but I have heard them on this side of the state before.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Just troll eBay Rebs, I would think it would be worth something.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe I can goose the NL with it. *HONK*    :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
 ;)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang! Thanks!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 20 degree's cooler today than yesterday, in other words normal.  only got 1/10 of an inch of rain yesterday so still dry..  didn't get much done yesterday as I hoped and today looks about the same!!  have a good day all!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we've got 45 & breezy for our start. Did get the deck off the Husqvarna yday, done it enough that it's only 20-30 minutes & it's ready to sit for the winter. Probably start with hooking up the blower today. The forcast on the 24 hr radar station mentions snow at least 3 or 4 times, I'm sure the grounds too warm for it to stick though. Not much else here, probably catch the Vikes, didn't see many other games that looked interesting to me. Hope you enjoy your Sunday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
snow and Glenn up there too, my oh my!!!  just need more wind!!
« Last Edit: October 10/22/17, 08:46:50 AM by mike89 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
snow and Glenn up there too, my oh my!!!  just need more wind!!

Seems at times there's plenty of wind on here.... :shocked: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/22/17, 10:13:12 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Was a good weekend got some bow hunting in the mornings. Sighted in rifles Saturday and shot the wife's new 9mm. Nice shooter it is. I have the same gun, only mine is the 5.5" tactical version. Seen a few deer yesterday morning. nothing shootable though. We pulled the dock and rail system out yesterday. So we are starting to get ready for hard water. Hoping to get a lot of bow hunting done this coming weekend. oh yeah, and the vikes won yesterday! Skol Vikes! have a good day boys!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all,   51 going for 52..  great day yesterday got some things done around here and even got in a nice ride on the bike too...  most likely about the last ride of the year before I put it in storage.  have a great day all!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, it's 49 here & no wind, 57 must've went home ;) :laugh: :sleazy: A little more to do with getting the blower ready & the front yard / leaves could use some help, but we'll see. Still have our boat, lift, & dock in but we've got a couple more weeks to get that done. The local channel says 30's for daytime highs & 20's for overnight lows by weeks end, with a few mentions of the "S" word at night. Good game for the Vikes yday, not sure what's happening with the kicker though. He's good for 5-6 longer field goals but misses his only chance at a extra point. :scratch: : :banghead: A couple dings on left side of the O line too, don't need that again. Have a good day everybody.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Mornin boys, it's 49 here & no wind, 57 must've went home ;) :laugh: :sleazy: A little more to do with getting the blower ready & the front yard / leaves could use some help, but we'll see. Still have our boat, lift, & dock in but we've got a couple more weeks to get that done. The local channel says 30's for daytime highs & 20's for overnight lows by weeks end, with a few mentions of the "S" word at night. Good game for the Vikes yday, not sure what's happening with the kicker though. He's good for 5-6 longer field goals but misses his only chance at a extra point. :scratch: : :banghead: A couple dings on left side of the O line too, don't need that again. Have a good day everybody.
yea i did..............but not to worry i'll be back up there tuesday morning!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a great weekend too.  Had fun with the Grandson.  He is old enough now to do more stuff with us.  Sure quiet around our house now.  lol  I bet the dogs and the cat sleep all day today. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
hey REB...........on another site, one of your rochester neighbors said he heard you fellers are supposed to get 12 inches of snow this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!  :scratch: :scratch:

hope you and da neighbor lady have fun frollickin in da snow!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!