Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901262 times)

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah it's the calm before the storm here, 66degrees and no wind but they are calling for 2 to 3 inches of rain tonight thru tomorrow afternoon then about a quarter to half inch of ice on top of that then changing to snow with anywhere from 4 to 8 inches by Saturday morning. At least we had a nice sunrise this morning.

[attachment deleted by admin]
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
No golf for you the wat it sounds. :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I don't get it...why were all the schools closed early this am?? City meetings/functions and churches closed...it's WINTER in MINNESOTA, and it's just plain SNOWING. 3-4" Big azz whoop. What a buncha candy azzed pusscakes. Creates major problems for my buddy who runs the school lunch programs, though...what a waste.
« Last Edit: January 01/11/18, 04:09:22 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
No golf for you the wat it sounds. :rotflmao:
I thought about it and it would've been nice to play a quick nine in the middle of January but I had to run mom to get a new photo ID, pharmacy and to the cemetery. There is a driving range here open year round that has the tee boxes under a heated pavilion that I have gone to in the middle of winter when I've gotten the itch to hit a bucket of balls. It's just a little had to see where your ball lands and you don't get much of a roll  :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't get it...why were all the schools closed early this am?? City meetings/functions and churches closed...it's WINTER in MINNESOTA, and it's just plain SNOWING. 3-4" Big azz whoop. What a buncha candy azzed pusscakes. Creates major problems for my buddy who runs the school lunch programs, though...what a waste.

Schools have to worry about getting kids home in the afternoon, so they have to guess what it will be like then.  Blowing snow etc.   Stick a bus in the ditch and hurt a few kids will more than cover the cost to the lunch program.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Del, you don't have a clue on that one.....what really happens....as he told me this am: he is in charge, so he's the one that has to go in when they're closed, the food truck guys like  Bix, Reinhardt, etc., just toss it all in the cooler. So he still has to go in, sort it all out, invoice it in, etc. Each day is printed up for the menu, with the RD's and nurse's documenting food counts, as in carbs, sugars etc, on that days menu, to be allocated out to the kids with food allergies, special diets, etc. They get the food in THAT day for the menu, so he can't do a carry-over to the next day.....extra perishables that don't fit into that menu cannot be held; he can carry over some buns, etc., it they are workable into the upcoming menus that are already printed and have the food counts on them. He does all the implementing and cooking.  So, he says he has to jumble a lot around, get ready for the NEXT day, and toss what cannot fit into the next 3-4 days food counts. He 's says it's a HUGE  waste of food, but that's the way RPS systems does it. That about sums it up...
« Last Edit: January 01/11/18, 06:19:44 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Reb, I am not disputing that a snow day causes disruptions in the Cafeteria and other places.    My point is that at 5AM the folks in charge have to worry about getting the students home on the bus at 3 or 4 or so in the afternoon, and the cost of dealing with a bus accident that injured some kids during a winter storm warning would far outstrip the cost of wasting some food.     

What do you think the cost would be for rolling a bus down some embankment during a winter storm warning and tossing a bunch of kids around the inside of the bus?    How many million bucks would it cost the district and their insurance?   Counting the punitive damages for reckless disregard of conditions, of course.   

When I was going to work I certainly wouldn't have stayed home for this, even if it had been what was forecasted.   But a bunch of kids, and my job on the line?   err on the side of caution, probably.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh no, I hear ya Del....really. And we used ta bounce around in the back of the Country Squire wagon on the way to school while Dad smoked a cigarette and drove 80 MPH...  :huh:
Maybe a busload of those....er, never mind.  :rolleyes: ;)
« Last Edit: January 01/11/18, 06:31:46 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning, 56 and rain to start off the day. Since 6:00 last night we have gotten 2.56 inches of rain so far and it's going to continue for another 10 hours before it changes to ice and snow and they are calling for 5 to 8" for the night. Nothing pressing but work 16 hours today and 13 hours tomorrow. Y'all have a good day/weekend and be safe

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Burrrrrrr, had -30 this morning on the way in and my truck have the winter cover on the front. One guy at work said he had -39 on the way in just west of Warroad. Burr, burr and burr. Stopped and fueled up the truck this morning and i sure could feel the cold thru my jeans. Big plans for the weekend are to cut firewood again. Hoping to get another 9 cord done this weekend. Also to watch da Vikes on sunday. Here's to hoping. Skol Vikes. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, only -18 here this morning, they are saying -25 or so tonight....  burr.....   nothing much going on just a few things in the house to do today...  less time outside I guess.  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we have -26 on the thermometer out in the garage. The Bemidji weather channel had -28 the last I looked. Not much wind yet but still a warning out 'til noon as it could get - 40 WC. Shouldn't need to mess with the snow today, so a little more prep work for gettin out :fishing:. Stay warm & enjoy your Friday, guys
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
going to help Glenn find fish????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :laugh:He'll be comin back your way before it warms up enough for me to go out.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I was gonna say brrrr, but it's only -9*, so that would make me a wussy. I'll just say, "Top o' the mornin' to ya then, Ehh, a bit nippy out then dinna ya think , guvnor?"  :azn:  Stay warm and have a good.....uh...Friday (?) guys... :coffee:

Take it easy on all that wood-cutting, JB......too cold and stressful.
« Last Edit: January 01/12/18, 09:03:02 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone going to the sports show at the convention center this weekend?

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Da wife and I will have to move fast just to stay warm cutting wood.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Da wife and I will have to move fast just to stay warm cutting wood.

Are you sure yer talking about TREE wood?    :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey, what ever it takes. ;) :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey JB! Didja hear about what happened to Glenn a few years back? Decided he wanted to be the "logger type", so went and bought a chainsaw. Took him forever to cut any wood; so he took it back to the store and complained to the salesman how hard it was to cut with it. Salesman says "Well, let's check this out''. He gives it a pull and starts it up....RRRRRRRR...
Glenn says: "What's that?!"  :shocked:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/12/18, 09:47:02 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
And here i thought he had the blade on backwards .. :mooning: Afernoon all, been busy looking fer a pup for the whipper snapper.  She wants a golden retriever,  but I can see how this will play out,  yours truly will end up doing this and that with more this and some that but it should give me some leverage for taking him chasing birds.

Bout time it's Friday, been a while since I worked a full week. Not much planned for the weekend besides a little fishing and football!! SKOL!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got home from Bemidji.  Went down for my annual date at Sanford for my you know what.  Butt check!!  I told my wife I was going to bring a couple of beers for me and the petite PA that does the deed.  I said it is kind of a date and getting loosened up a bit beforehand may make things a little less awkward.  LOL  Well after contemplating it for days she says we don't have to do the rectal thing today Barry......   Well I wish I knew that ahead of time.  The rest of my 2 hour physical went just fine.  Just thought you should all know this....  So Glenn we also picked up a Papa Murphy's pizza for supper tonight.  None better.  We ate at the Chinese buffet.  Been awhile since we have been there so it was great.  On the way down right south of Kelliher it was -37.  It actually got foggy in that 2 - 3 mile stretch.  That is always the cold spot.  The car was getting a little cool with the heater up on high.  So to keep it 70 (which it wasn't) that is 107 degrees above the outside temp.  The wife put her gloves on until the sun came up. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So, what yer saying, is that the beer butt business with bimbo bombed?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
About the heater, that reminded me of how, back in the day, we used to put cardboard in front of the radiator in the winter to get more heat.   Haven't heard of anyone doing that in a long time.

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Still raining  :pouty: 3.02 inches in the last 24 hours, can't wait til it changes to ice and snow in about an hour. It's getting close, at 2:00 it was 64 degrees and now it's 33. It'll be fun in the morning sliding down to the shop.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Set up a bobsled course that terminates at yer front door...finish line hot coffee! :cheesy:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
About the heater, that reminded me of how, back in the day, we used to put cardboard in front of the radiator in the winter to get more heat.   Haven't heard of anyone doing that in a long time.

Funny that you should mention the Del.  I was thinking the same thing as we were driving down in the semi-warm vehicle. 

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning, made it the shop. We got a nice layer of ice under he snow but it's had to say how much with the drifting but I'll say about 6" with 1 to 2 foot drifts in places. It's nice knowing the city workers, before I started shoveling the driveway I called them and said I'll be leaving in about 45 minutes and in no time my street was plowed and salted down to the main road. I bet it pisses off the neighbors on the other streets that mine is plowed and theirs isn't until later in the day but oh well. The city workers on midnight know later in the week there will be a case of beer on my back porch for them to pick up. Y'all have a good day, I don't think I'll be too busy but u still have to open

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, coffee have a good day and excellent way to work with city crews!!  little cold here again as expected, easy day today and I can deal with that!!  stay warm and have a great day!!!