Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902706 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Man I could have slept late today.  Yup Rebs got the Honey Nut Cheerios going as we speak.  Del we wanted naked "GIRLS" not guys.....  Walked to the fish house last night after work and it still looks ok.  The water is spreading under the snow.  I guess there is no hurry.  Let mother nature get rid of the snow for awhile.  All will be ok.

Maybe Del's full name is Delphinium...you know, one of those soft and purty flower children...    :scratch: :rotflmao:

Heh, heh, heh, del's been holding out on us all these years. I think that's his Bug in the video below  :rotflmao:

24 at choretime heading for 44 out here in prairie pothole country. Still 2 ewes to come in yet. Think they're definitely messin' with us. Body is finally starting to adjust to the time change. Almost pulled an all nighter but woke up to pee about 4 a.m. Actually able to go back to sleep.  :happy1: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I0vkKy504U
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 9* this morning, heading for me 20s. On our way to Fargo this morning. Have a good one!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great video Dotch.  Those were the good ol days.  12 here so it is still making ice.  Walked down to the fishhouse and the water on top of the ice is freezing up nicely.  Gonna even be colder tonight.  Maybe I can get it off this weekend right over the refreeze. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Can't get my post to stay.....%$#@!    or stay logged in...

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Summer of love, I was concentrating on graduating and going to work.   No time or money for that flower child thing.

Well, it is 4:30 am here on the coast, and we'll soon be boarding the big bird/flying sardine can back home.   Can?spring be far behind?

Rained pretty good overnight here, by the way.  Been a dry winter even by San Diego standards.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Summer of love, I was concentrating on graduating and going to work.   No time or money for that flower child thing.

Well, it is 4:30 am here on the coast, and we'll soon be boarding the big bird/flying sardine can back home.   Can?spring be far behind?

Rained pretty good overnight here, by the way.  Been a dry winter even by San Diego standards.   

I was out in Oakland and Berkeley during the Summer of love, staying at my cousins, and doing the new skateboard craze up and down those hills.....it was boss, man... :dancinred:

There goes Del.....!       *WHOOOOOOOOSH*

https://youtu.be/eUD4y74YDik
« Last Edit: March 03/15/18, 07:34:10 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yup some good music for sure!!  driving down to Brooten later this morning, good day for that...  21 here going for 38...  not much else going on..  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 18* to start our day. Well we made it over to the "Save Big Money" store by the big lake yday by a little after 10 am. There was a noticeably lesser amount of snow on the ground as we got farther SE, starting about the Floodwood/Swan River area. Seen the high temp,46* or 47*, for the day right in there too on the way back. Back in GR by 2 & back out here by 3 or a little after. It was just a bit cooler out here but all the downspouts were runnin big time, so much so that at least 2 of them you best be careful  walking near them in the morning. We did see 5 or 6 groups going north, looking like they were going :fishing: between Mosomo Pt & GR going over. Not much on the schedule for the day for us today, hope you have a good un.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
25 here at choretime. Sounds like spring is stubborn there too gunner. We're down to one more ewe left to lamb. She had two on the ground so far. Hafta go back out in a few minutes to see if she's done or not. Crap. No. 3 just landed. Oh well, getting this out of the way plus some warmer weather would make me happy! Bring it on home, del!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCYvnL5J4jA

« Last Edit: March 03/15/18, 08:45:40 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning. At the holiday inn in Duluth attending a work comp seminar.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure glad now that we were over there yday!!!! :happy1: ;) :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure glad now that we were over there yday!!!! :happy1: ;) :laugh:
:crazy: :pouty: :rotflmao: well back down in Ramsey. Meeting nite!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning.  4 degrees here.  No winds so that is good.  So glad the weekend is tomorrow.  I need a break.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we've got 10* here. Not much new here, hope you enjoy your Friday.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 19 here going for upper 30's again..  looks like fairly clear skies too..  going to Alex this morning to get some vittles and what all..have a good day all!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
25 at choretime. Triplets from yesterday doing well. Hopefully the ewe continues to keep up with them. She eats like a horse and drinks a lot of water, what you like to see in order to produce plenty of milk. More tails, tags and docking on the slate for the weekend. Should be able to move 3 more pens into the main group. Little individual pens take a lot of extra time & the quicker the lambs are moved the quicker they catch on to solid feed via the monkey see monkey do route.  :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 16* here at the moment. It must've made 40 here yday but I don't think we had as much melting as on Thursday as there was very little wind. Driveway did get a touch muddy  though. Made it down to the shoreline as well & put what I hope is the finishing touches on that project. It may need a slight adjustment when we put it back in use, but we'll see. We had some mid to late afternoon movement out on the bay yday too as 1 of the neighbors went out on his sled, plus another sled & a couple wheelers out of the nearby resort. Not much else happenin here, hope ya have a good & safe St. Pattys Day.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellas,  29 and clear its gonna be a great day. Pooch has been walked and the pick em up has been washed so were bound for some precip now.. The kids and there pups are coming over later so it'll be chaos for a while but it'll be fun. Been feeding on reubens since Wednesday day so I'll be skipping corned beef tonight, maybe stick wit a frozen pizza. :happy1: Later gents!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morning all, 17 here going for 44, that will be nice!!  decoy today in Alex..  that's fun, get to see many folks you only see there..  have a good day all!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
11 here boys and the fish house is sitting in the driveway.  Got it off the river after work last night.  Good feeling but now when I look out from my easy chair it seems empty without my fish house in my view.  lol  Now I can't wait for open water.  Gonna be a great day.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy St. Pat's, guys.  :toast:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good morning MNO! 28 here at choretime. Luckily the ground was froze so I could move a round bale into the lot without ripping & rutting everything up. It gets nasty once it thaws out. Still waiting on the last ewe to lamb. Also to see if the neighbors are around so I can get some more straw today or tomorrow. Need it to warm up a tad so the snow melts off the fences & start the pasture to greening up. Speakin' of the green, Happy St. Patty's Day!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 24* for us. Another day in the 40's today, they're sayin. Think it made 48 yday so we had some more of the snow disappearing. Had a few resorters out :fishing:, otherwise a pretty calm day. More of the same for today, have a good day.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 33 here and going for 40... saying a chance of snow tomorrow, 1-3 inches....  bring it on!!! great day yesterday!!  not much going on here today, do a few lettle things is all...   have a good day all!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin'........26* and sunny here in Dorkland, headed for 48*. Double homicide stabbing last nite. Homicide 5 nites ago during robbery with a gun. Two assaults. Two carjackings. #1 city, right...who the hell do they think they're kidding?! I gotta move up by you guys in a little cabin. Fish all day, sleep great all nite. Tired of reading this crap every morning. No plans for me today. High point will be that steak on the grill for supper.  Have a good one, guys.... :coffee:
« Last Edit: March 03/18/18, 08:50:25 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I got some extra pen space in the lambing barn right now Reb!  :cheesy:

Chores done, straw unloaded while ground still frozen, pens bedded now time for me to nosh. Got some tails, tags and shots to give this a.m. yet.  Should prune some fruit trees today but the wife wants to head to The Depot in Faribault for her birthday. Fine with that. Easy drive on the backroads. If it had rained and washed the salt off the roads some I might've considered taking the Stude out for a spin. Oh well, spring should be here by July I reckon. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I read some of that in the paper Rebs.  Was hoping you  weren't close to any of it.  Was just talking to my Dad on the phone.  Always good to talk to him.  I said if the Russians ever do disrupt our power grid we can always survive in the garage with the wood burner.  Hope it doesn't come to that.  We spent yesterday trying to burn up an old willow tree that is huge and fell a few years ago.  We just keep whittling away at it.  The corned beef and cabbage turned out great too. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning all you troublemakers!!!!!!! :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: little sore today, spent yesterday afternoon outside helping spring along. shoveling my snowbanks apart. wish the darn firering would thaw out!!!! :confused: :bonk: cloudy today so don't think we are going to get the snow to melt quiet as fast.

still enjoying some Tanzianian coffee fro da coffee guru!!!!!! :coffee: