Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904131 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers from downtown red wing. :coffee:

Happy birthday ya wingnut! :mooning: :rotflmao: hope it was a good one!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy birthday Boar!!!

mornin all, 25 here going for 40!!  kind of hazy looking morning today.. well the forecast for Friday has changed again so will have to just wait and watch for sure..  some house work today and get some errands done, other wise quiet..   have a good day!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, back north of the stress zone & have 23* to start our day. Looks to be a little fog out over the bay. We hit the drive just about perfect as we left town ~ 1:45 am, hit the Burnsville split just after 4:00 & was getting back on I 35 E @ WBL about a 1/2 hr later. No traffic & good roads, not even any snow at the end of the driveway. There was a little as we got further in but not enough to plow. Some drizzle or freezin drizzle along with a inch or 2 of snow in the forecast for tonight though. Must've been a few nice days while we gone as we've lost a little snow. It seems pretty quiet around the bay, might be more action this weekend depending on the weather. Got a few things on my list for early today so I gotta go. Have a good 1 & Oh, hope it was a  :happybday: BOAR!
« Last Edit: April 04/11/18, 07:14:08 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hapoy Birhtadt Boar!  :cheesy: :Clap: :cheerleader: :dancinred: :happybounce: :party3: :happybday:

Mornin' everone! Terdy tree at choretime. Got done chores last nite and decided I'd put out my black cutworm moth pheromone trap. While I was at it, I pruned the ever living snot out of a bunch of small crabapple trees. Was tired of being impaled every time I mowed around the b@stards. Was just about sundown so decided there was still time to grill. Air was still and I had some lamburger that had been thawed a few days. Time to use it up. Washed my hands and Ruby started barking like she meant business. Sometimes it's just to hear herself bark only this time was different. Went to the sliding glass door to see what was setting her off. Was getting dark and thought at first it was this long haired black & white stray cat we inherited crapping in the garden.

Looked again and it was no cat. Grabbed my trusty blunderbuss, opened the sliding glass door and plugged the skunk twice for good measure. OMG did it stink. Of course it was in the backyard where I wanted to grill & the SE wind picked up, blowing the stench right towards the house. Grabbed the scoop shovel and tossed the skunk out in the pasture brush pile where the wind couldn't continue wafting it's scent at us. Took about a half hour until I could stand it outside. I detest raccoons but I absolutely hate skunks. Worse than rats. Burgers were good BTW. To no one's surprise there were no black cutworm moths in the pheromone trap this a.m. Still too blasted cold.
« Last Edit: April 04/11/18, 11:05:48 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
OK REb you said try it and I did... and it was not disgusting.. I tried your PB and dill pickle, not that bad..  will I have more, maybe.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I could maybe see it with a sweet pickle but a dill? That sounds more glenn's speed except when he pisses the cucumbers off!  :cheesy:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I could maybe see it with a sweet pickle but a dill? That sounds more glenn's speed except when he pisses the cucumbers off!  :cheesy:

they said with dill I think and so I did..  sweet might be good too....  thems some cuc's there chasing Glenn!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 27 to start the day here with a layer of light snow this morning. Not much else happnin, just anudder day in paradise. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, gots 30* & everything's white here again. Glad I put the blade back on the Grizzly yday as it looks like we got ~ 3". They missed it yday too as we got quite a bit warmer than they said, I seen 47* on the thermometer in the garage. Took the wheeler down to the PA on Bowstring too, 1 truck with  small trailer parked 25 yds, maybe, out on the ice, only ones out there that I could see. That's all I got for today, hope you enjoy your Thursday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, maybe some rain rain today but tomorrow could be another story!!  it's got to end one of these days..  not much going on today, couple errands and that's about it...  have a good day all!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, sun is shining and supposed to get above 50 today.  Then rain and more snow....   

Enjoy it while you can

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Looks here like the foggy California mornings I remember in the bay area....except it's 35*.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Here's something to start Boar's day off.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey guys...it's national Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day!!! Anyone have a special one they make? I had one yday with swiss, sharp cheddar... and bacon.   :tongue:

https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/grilled-cheese-sandwich-day/
« Last Edit: April 04/12/18, 08:43:04 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey guys...it's national Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day!!! Anyone have a special one they make? I had one yday with swiss, sharp cheddar... and bacon.   :tongue:

VELVEETA CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

oh yea.........morning........getting ready to head back to red wing...............AND NO reb....i'm not going to Bev's!!!!! :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/12/18, 08:54:10 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, Velveeta ain't cheese! It's cheese flavored oil and rubber!!!!   :puke:    :tongue:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, Velveeta ain't cheese! It's cheese flavored oil and rubber!!!!   :puke:    :tongue:
:confused: :confused: sure ruin my day!!!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :rotflmao: me loves velveeta cheese sammiches.............and guess what......den ya dip it in LOTZ of katchup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!     :censored:   :doah:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:confused: :confused: sure ruin my day!!!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :rotflmao: me loves velveeta cheese sammiches.............and guess what......den ya dip it in LOTZ of katchup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

I gotta make a confession here.  I've been dippin' my velveeta grilled cheese in ketchup since I was a kid.  I can't decide if I like 'em better with or without ketchup.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I kinda figgered you were a katchup-dipper all along.  ;)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

That is for certain! One of the reasons I appreciate Casey's is that they use real cheese on their sammiches (here anyway) and not that processed synthetic imitation stuff! My fave grilled cheese on a cold day is still Swiss on whole wheat with a bowl of whatever hot soup I can find. Tomato basil when I have it fills the bill. Sometimes frying an egg or two and sticking it in the sammich with the Swiss when I'm really hungry makes a delicacy fit for a sheep farmer. Usually followed closely by a nap... ;)
« Last Edit: April 04/12/18, 09:44:53 AM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  Heading out to the Dentist in a few minutes.  We got 2-3" of snow last night.  So white it is almost blinding out.  Need my cool sunglasses on the way to Warroad today.  I will tell the Dentist I am a little anxious and may need the gas hooked up today.  lolol   I always try that but never works.  They are fun  people.  All women that work there so I kind of like it.   :happy1:  Will stop for lunch somewhere after the tooth thing.  Hey great reading your post today Boar.  Really enlightened my day...   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
LPS: It was all spelled right tho!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Had 32 degrees F at choretime with a trace of rain overnite. Looks like we get one day of nice weather before the chit hits the fan again. I finally gave up thinking the snow would ever get off the electric fence and rigged up 3 hog panels so the ewes with lambs could get outside at least for a little bit. It'll allow the air to circulate thru and hopefully keep the pack they're on a little drier.

Forecast sounds ugly for a couple days. Prolly 2" of liquid equivalent precip over the next two days. Snow and sleet accumulation here for Saturday of 3" - 5" now. I liked the 1" - 3" forecast earlier better. Oh well, at least it'll be windy with gusts up to 45 mph.  With Mrs. Cheviot cooped up in the house with me am sure she'll be trying to chase me around. I hate when that happens.  :bonk: :banghead: 

« Last Edit: April 04/12/18, 10:20:45 AM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS: It was all spelled right tho!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Not necessarily....he meant "hie"... :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

what no pickles??????????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't you have some Tide Pods to pop?!   ;)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
has anyone ever use mayo instead of butter on the outside of the bread when you grill them???  works good!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
For a REAL smoky flavor, try spraying yers with 30W Valvoline!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: