Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904273 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
It's snowin' like a cow, and know what? I don't even give a rats azz anymore!!   :mooning:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 04/18/18, 01:31:22 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
This pic outta make Glenn wee in his pants...it's his Robin with the snow on it's tail!!!  :rotflmao:

(try to get a pic of that)

« Last Edit: April 04/18/18, 02:16:24 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Gobble gobble

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow.....venison, turkey......when ya havin' the grill-out, Del?  :tongue:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Also saw something that might have been a coyote (or a big dog) that was too spooky for me to get a picture of it.   I guess the glaciers are forcing the wildlife into the civilized areas.  That wasn't you in a fur coat, was it Reb?   Moved pretty fast.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I move pretty fast, Del....I posted somewhere on here a while ago I saw a 'yote nosing around the neighbors yard, who has cats she lets run loose. Definitely a 'yote, no doubt. Was about 40' away. Scrawny with the bare chunks of missing fur like is common with them. (mange?) Hope it eats those stoopid cats. Ya have a pet, take care of it. Ya don't let them roam 24/7. Wish there was a law against it, but not here there isn't.  :angry: Saw on local news lotsa birdies are dying here because of snow cover is creating a lack of food for them.

http://www.kaaltv.com/news/late-spring-proving-deadly-for-some-migrant-birds/4871646/?cat=10151
« Last Edit: April 04/18/18, 06:18:42 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Del could make robin pie!!!! :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow is STILL roarin' down here....................... already 5" on my deck........:angry2:

« Last Edit: April 04/18/18, 06:39:08 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
nary a flake (snow) here!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: suns a shinin and in my eyes when i be sitting in my easy chair!!! :mad1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Nuth'in here neither.... dodged a bullet.....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
nary a flake (snow) here!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: suns a shinin and in my eyes when i be sitting in my easy chair!!! :mad1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'll give ya a shiny eye, ya whippy little weener!  training-087 Flip ya right over in that chair!!!!   :moon:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I move pretty fast, Del....I posted somewhere on here a while ago I saw a 'yote nosing around the neighbors yard, who has cats she lets run loose. Definitely a 'yote, no doubt. Was about 40' away. Scrawny with the bare chunks of missing fur like is common with them. (mange?) Hope it eats those stoopid cats. Ya have a pet, take care of it. Ya don't let them roam 24/7. Wish there was a law against it, but not here there isn't.  :angry: Saw on local news lotsa birdies are dying here because of snow cover is creating a lack of food for them.

http://www.kaaltv.com/news/late-spring-proving-deadly-for-some-migrant-birds/4871646/?cat=10151

I only got a flash from whatever it was in my yard.   And I've been throwing out sunflower seed several times a day for the birds.   They need to eat fast to beat the deer...   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Some lady here on the news said she's been going thru $10 a day of bird food.... :shocked:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
when we had the camper at the campground, i would by a 40 or 50 lb bag of sunflowers every 2-3 weeks. then there was the thistle seed, suet cakes whick i'd go thru a box every 2-3 weeks also and the safflower seeds. id buy the safflower and thistle in the 20 lb bags.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Did you win the lottery Glenn?  lol  We feed birds too.  Just a 50 lb bag of sunnys every month and suet cakes when they are on sale.  We don't fill all of the feeders that we used to, just the one by the house.  Looks like another great day.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Another fine day in paradise. Congrats on the ruling there Rebs! That has to be a sigh of relief. Looking like 50s here all the way thru monday. That is good, something needs to start working on all the ice on the lake. Not much else hapnin. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, looks like 50 or so here too today..  not much going on today, going to town for a few things, wash the truck and what all else...   have a good day all!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 26* when I looked. I went :fishing: yday ~10 & it was pretty slick getting out there, real sloppy getting off about 3. One of glenn's picklers, it was even too little for that though, 1 nice crappie, & a bunch of small sunny's is all I could coax into comin out to play. :smiley: A little breezy but it sure was nice out there. I forgot my little tape measure but I couldn't reach the bottom of the ice with the handle on my long (~3') skimmer. Just about bottomed out he auger too, so I'm guessing that there's close to 40" of ice out there. It appeared that the top 6-8", maybe 10", was honeycombed or refrozen snow/slush. I think all the snow on the surface will be gone by day's end, & the lows overnight are supposed to be about or above freezing, so we should start losing some ice, but that is still a lot of ice to be gone by opener. It made 50 for us yday, again for today & tomorrow, then near 60 thru Monday is the forecast. May try to get out for a bit again today, hope you have a good un
« Last Edit: April 04/19/18, 07:30:08 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd say we got somewhere around 3-4" of new stuff here yesterday. I hope this is the grand finale. I've had enuf!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Did you win the lottery Glenn?  lol  We feed birds too.  Just a 50 lb bag of sunnys every month and suet cakes when they are on sale.  We don't fill all of the feeders that we used to, just the one by the house.  Looks like another great day.
nope but i told them at fllet farm it was for farm use so i got that big discount!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' dudes. 27*, sunny, and 5" piles of hard frozen slush/snow piled up, but  headed for the forties. Could it be?!! Is it possible??!! Local TV wedder guru says THAT's IT for the snow, two weeks of real warm wedder headed this way...mid 60's for this Friday! I'm gonna pull a Boober and put the deck furniture out Friday if THAT happens. Maybe sooner! Smoke a pigger steak. Wear short-shorts and a T-shirt. Sip some iced tea. Drive the NL crazy. Got two neighbors blowers to tune-up/oil change today, and finish up on Mr. Sparkles. Sucked the power steering fluid out and replaced with new Merkon V last nite. Good thing to do after 8 years, stuff don't last forever. Just need to warm it up and get it run through to top off today.
Have a good one guys, I'm gonna slide 'er easy thru today... ;)

Looks like we broke a lot of records along the way.... :shocked:

http://www.kaaltv.com/news/weather-graphic-1/4872187/?cat=13260
« Last Edit: April 04/19/18, 08:34:07 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' dudes. 27*, sunny, and 5" piles of hard frozen slush/snow piled up, but  headed for the forties. Could it be?!! Is it possible??!! Local TV wedder guru says THAT's IT for the snow, two weeks of real warm wedder headed this way...mid 60's for this Friday! I'm gonna pull a Boober and put the deck furniture out Friday if THAT happens. Maybe sooner! Smoke a pigger steak. Wear short-shorts and a T-shirt. Sip some iced tea. Drive the NL crazy. Got two neighbors blowers to tune-up/oil change today, and finish up on Mr. Sparkles. Sucked the power steering fluid out and replaced with new Merkon V last nite. Good thing to do after 8 years, stuff don't last forever. Just need to warm it up and get it run through to top off today.
Have a good one guys, I'm gonna slide 'er easy thru today... ;)

Looks like we broke a lot of records along the way.... :shocked:

http://www.kaaltv.com/news/weather-graphic-1/4872187/?cat=13260
oh PAAALLLEEASE............... keep all your body covered with clothes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

oh PAAALLLEEASE............... keep all your body covered with clothes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :rotflmao:
[/quote]

It'll drive 'em wild. *flex*flex*  :cool:  ;)

https://youtu.be/c6P3Mmpi2SM

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I now see the 60's temps are for NEXT Monday.....O well.   Too early for me, I got all excited. Haveta borrow some of those Tide pods from Mikey.   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/19/18, 09:06:40 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin'! 23 at choretime. 4.5" of snow at the ranch and about 4 in town. Albert Lea got pounded, around 9" there. It's getting old. Hopefully the last storm for a while... :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18Sua_QTDs0

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Atta boy Reb,  thinking on Saturday for my patio stuff. Gee wiz dotch, I sure hope them pheasants survived all the recent storms, from 94 south they got pounded.  :censored:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  TGIF except I work tomorrow morning.  Man it seems like I work a lot of Saturdays.  Have I said that before??  lol  Gonna be another great day here.  The river is really opening up.  Now I need the shore ice to go so I can put turn the dock out into the river.  Then the boat goes in.  That will be a week yet I am thinking.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Like Barry said TGIF. Yes you seem to work alot of Saturdays Barry. You may have said that once or twice before. I have not worked a Saturday in almost 12 years. I always said it felt like I retired when we moved up here from the cities. I went from working 60-70 hours a week to 40. Almost a shock to the system. Although I wouldn't mind getting a little OT some times. Have a good one boys!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 28* here. Made it back out :fishing: for bit yday am. Not much action :fish2: but did take my little tape measure with this time & discovered I must've been seein double :doofus: on Wednesday. It turns out that it's more like 24" of ice out there. :bonk: Might give it 1 more shot today. Another mid 50's day for us then 60* or very near it through Monday. We've lost a lot of our snow the last 2 days & by Monday I think it'll just about all be gone. Got a few things on my list, nothing too important. Sure's nice being able to spend all day outside putzin away at 'em though. Hope you enjoy your Friday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all,, looks like another good day out there...  going for the lower 50's again.  the snow is getting beat up here too.  hope it is that way way in the southern part of the state too..  have a good day all!!!