Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901771 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin'! 70 at choretime on its way the upper 80's. .30" rain at home overnite and .17" in town. Corn is growing like mad. Hit 91 here yesterday. Too hot for old farts like me. That G&T sure hit the spot when chores were done about 7:30 last nite. Was sweatin' like a butcher. Speaking of that, will have to swing by the meat market to see what they can talk me into tonite. Wifey is gone doing a wedding at Morris until Sun. a.m. While the cat's away, the mouse will shoot from the school book depository at white cats! :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
May I recommend a 1" thick cut pigger steak, soaked in apple juice overnite, rubbed with Reb's Rib Rub, then smoked over apple wood and slathered in BBQ sauce? That's what I is havin'!!!  :tongue:
Speaking of cat's, I saw the cat woman walk by the front of my house last nite with one cat ON A LEASH. She just had to rub it in....never walks by here. Hokay, I can do that too. Here kitty... :evil:
« Last Edit: May 05/25/18, 11:33:54 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :scratch: :scratch: you stalking her??????????? :confused: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope. Her cat.   *Meow*   BANG!  :fudd:     :rotflmao:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning gang. 70* to start going to 88 today and not a cloud in the sky. I got the yard done already 5 hours Thursday and 6 hours yesterday, 16 yards soil and 3 yards manure one wheelbarrow at a time. I'm not moving too fast today, I'm getting to old for that crap. Now I have to start cooking for my nieces grad party. I'm praying for rain on Monday so I don't have to sealcoat the coffee shop parking lot, I can put it off until the 4th of July. Today is 5 years since dad passed so we will make a trip to the cemetery before the party. Y'all have a safe and fun weekend.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/26/18, 06:45:53 AM by Coffee118 »
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning.  The birds are chirping here.  61 here heading for 81.  We put the AC's in the windows yesterday and glad we did.  It was hot and humid.  We have one in the west side of the house and one in the east side in the bedroom and they do a real nice job of cooling it down here.  Had a sprinkle here last night but that was it.  Gonna put the Lund in the river today for a boat ride with the Grandson and don't know if I will beach it for overnight or take it out when we are done.  We'll see.  Have a great day all of you.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
sorry to hear that coffee. I know I should go to the cemetery more but it really gets me down. been out there now 4 times since my grandson died and it drags me down.

just enjoying a pot of Tanzanian coffee right now. but it will be off the  races soon. everyone be carefull out there in this heat. done over due it.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, got 63* this morning. We had a couple rounds of storms roll thru last night between 6 & 7 pm. It was rainin so hard you couldn't hardly see across the street. Thankfully it didn't last very long & there wasn't a lot of wind with it. Only thing on the list for today is to finish spraying the yard 1 more time. Will be tryin to stay out of the heat, low - mid 90's, the rest of the day. Hope you enjoy the start to your holiday weekend.
« Last Edit: May 05/27/18, 07:20:17 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all,  66 here going for 90....  company will here after lunch, so just go with the flow for the most part for weekend!!  grilled foof, fire in the pit and yes Glenn, have a few beers!!!  have a great day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' guys. Got hammered by a big storm last nite. Came outta nowhere. Hail, rain, screaming winds. Branches and leaves down everywhere. I've got a big mess to clean up today. Windows  splattered with all sorts of crap. Gotta do those now,  too. Plus, saying a record breaking 97* degrees and high humidity for the next two days. And I get to go to ceme in a bit and plant all the flowers. Not real cheery looking at the day ahead. Hope you all have a great one, though.

​​Today

Today: Sunny and hot, with a high near 97. West wind around 6 mph.

Hot/Humid

High: 97 °F

Last nite before it hit....

« Last Edit: May 05/26/18, 07:36:00 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow you really have some weather down there.  Have a good day Rebs.  You are a good man.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin'! 62 at choretime so it cooled off nice overnite. Lotsa weather yesterday altho it looked worse than it turned out to be. .07" of rain at the ranch between 2 rainfall events. Think it was just getting primed to head over to Reb's.  :huh: Greased out the ugly white cat last nite! Getting ready to grill & took a 65 - 70 yard poke at him w/the .22 from the school book depository. (squeeeeze...bang! flop flop flop..)  :happy1:

Gotta head out to look at some fields before it gets too hot, go get some feed after that, then think I'll either mow some lawn or not. Depends on what's left of me. Looking at going to the cemetery on Mon. barring unforeseen circumstances. Mrs. Cheviot lusting for me as a result of her absence, handcuffing me to the bed and having her way with me comes to mind.   :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: May 05/26/18, 09:36:42 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well iffin youz guyz wouldn't hog all that rain, I wouldn't have to go out and water my garden now. :taz: :taz: :banghead:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wanna trade the clean up for watering? I'll gladly turn on yer sprinkler on the garden if you wanna clean up the mess down here and wash all the windows, poor baby!  :undecided:  :moon:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Heck yea. The mower works wonders for clean up.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin'! 62 at choretime so it cooled off nice overnite. Lotsa weather yesterday altho it looked worse than it turned out to be. .07" of rain at the ranch between 2 rainfall events. Think it was just getting primed to head over to Reb's.  :huh: Greased out the ugly white cat last nite! Getting ready to grill & took a 65 - 70 yard poke at him w/the .22 from the school book depository. (squeeeeze...bang! flop flop flop..)  :happy1:

Gotta head out to look at some fields before it gets too hot, go get some feed after that, then think I'll either mow some lawn or not. Depends on what's left of me. Looking at going to the cemetery on Mon. barring unforeseen circumstances. Mrs. Cheviot lusting for me as a result of her absence, handcuffing me to the bed and having her way with me comes to mind.   :rotflmao:
time for #dotchmetoo!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Nice shot Harvey, so you erased the cat.   LOL

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
He "engaged and neutralized the threat".  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
He "engaged and neutralized the threat".  :happy1:
in other words he killed his pus... Er never mind!! :evil: :surrender: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
AND then he is grilling......

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ding dong, pussy's down the well... :fudd:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 66* again this morning. We'll be headin up to Austin this afternoon as Mom usually has a couple things she'd like done before we leave for the lake. Plan on hittin the road about 1:00 or 2:00 am on Tuesday, so next time ya hear from me we'll be back in god's country. Stay  :cool: & safe, hope you have a good end :happy1: to your holiday weekend.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!! a great day yesterday!!!grilled chicky, and the fixins..  friends and beer and ended with a nice fire...  a darn good day!!!  round 2 today, have a great day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  Well the river finally came up enough for me to turn the dock out into the river.  SO the boat is tied up to the dock.  Man does that feel good.  Went for 2 boat rides yesterday and there will be more boat time today.  May fish my not.  Whatever the Grandson wants.  I'm thinking he would rather be steering the boat instead of fishing, but I would like to see him get a fish.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning folk. Already 75* here in Swampville with a Dewpoint of 68*, and headed for 97* today. I ain't doing nothing today. Even leftover burgers to reheat for dinner inside tonite. I don't do heat well. Gunner, what time you gonna swing by and get me? I'm right on the way (whine, whine) Don't wanna haveta set out on the step today, I'll burn my butt. :shocked:  Y'all have a good one.  :coffee:

NWS ALERT

...HIGH HEAT INDICES EXPECTED THIS AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING...

THE HEAT INDICES WILL CLIMB INTO THE 95 TO 100 DEGREE RANGE THIS
AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING WITH HIGH DEW POINTS. THOSE WITH OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES SHOULD TAKE FREQUENT BREAKS FROM THE HEAT AND DRINK PLENTY OF WATER.
NEVER LEAVE CHILDREN OR PETS IN AN UNATTENDED VEHICLE.
« Last Edit: May 05/27/18, 09:23:08 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin'! Was 68 about 7 a.m. and it's about 90 here already. Put fans on the sheep that are inside and gave 'em extra water. Gotta compost a dead lamb before I forget about it & may mow the ditch from hell. If it cools down the backyard is always a possibility too. Otherwise I got enough grilled leftovers, gin & tonic so I should be set set.   :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning......well its thundering outside and looks like we may actually get this stuff called rain. :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
morning......well its thundering outside and looks like we may actually get this stuff called rain. :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Yer welcome. I'll mail ya the bill.   ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea coming out of the north...………..I don't tink so!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: and so far.....nuttin. :angry2: :angry2: :censored: :doah: :doah:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well where ya thinks a cold front comes from??! Uranus?  :moon:    :rolleyes: