Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903125 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
mornin all, great looking day!!  not much going on so have a good day all!!

I'll second that. :coffee:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 56* when I started movin. Had a nice boat ride this am ;), saw a double rainbow. :happy1: That's probably the last 1 of those for this week as it'll turn cloudy, windy, & rainy startin tomorrow. ;) :laugh: They're talkin 80-85* for us today & tomorrow with some rain, possibly severe storms tonight. A couple small things on the list so I better get goin. Hope you have a wunnerful day. :happybounce:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin'! Had 58 at choretime heading for the upper 70's. Fields drying out and farmers are scrambling to get their dicamba on before the June 20th cutoff. Loaded cull rams & ewes yesterday. They were a PITA about it. Cuts down on chores & feed bill tho. Speaking of PITA's & cutting down, finally took down the ugly ash tree that had been hit by a couple storms. Painted the stump right away with garlon. Was on my $hit list too long & didn't want it coming back.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A friend of mine who lives about 10 miles of Baudette was sitting on his deck with his wife and watched a cougar walking along his field last week.  I may have already told you this, there is a bear between us and the neighbors the other day. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Usually find cougars in the bars!! :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
A friend of mine who lives about 10 miles of Baudette was sitting on his deck with his wife and watched a cougar walking along his field last week.  I may have already told you this, there is a bear between us and the neighbors the other day.

All the developments and such are forcing them father from THEIR home areas into ours.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
O joy............ :banghead:

Event:   Heat Advisory
Alert:   
...Prolonged Oppressive Heat Conditions Expected This Weekend...

.Forecast confidence is extremely high for oppressive heat
conditions beginning Friday afternoon and lasting through Sunday
afternoon. Widespread daytime heat index values of over 104
degrees are expected. Overnight minimum temperatures will only
lower to the low to mid 70s. Daytime winds with gusts above 20 mph
are expected.

...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM FRIDAY TO 7 PM CDT SUNDAY...
The National Weather Service  has issued a Heat
Advisory, which is in effect from 1 PM Friday to 7 PM CDT Sunday.

* TEMPERATURE...High temperatures will range from 95 to 99
degrees. With dewpoints in the low 70s, heat index values will
range from 100 to 105 degrees throughout this time period.

* IMPACTS...Lack of overnight relief from the heat will lead to
additional stress. Strong daytime winds will increase the risk
of dehydration. The prolonged nature of this event will compound
and amplify heat-related impacts.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

All the developments and such are forcing them father from THEIR home areas into ours.

Durn tootin'.  We need to stop building all those stadiums and shopping centers and housing tracts in North Dakota and southern Manitoba.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
They probably got a whiff of yer soused-up kumquat croquettes and took off running... ;)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!!! We got .8" of rain overnight and boy did the wind blow. We needed a shot of rain though and overnight is the perfect time for it to happen. Surprised the power didn't go out the way the wind blew. Have a good one boys!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we had 62* when I checked a few minutes ago. About all we got out of this round of storms was a lot noise & flash. I could only find ~ .1" of rain in the gauge & I think a good share of that came last night around 8. I think they've back off on our temps(75-80) for today a bit now. Messed with the spindles for the lift a bit more yday, getting closer to goin back on. The water felt pretty good as we're closing in on 70* surface temps again. Not sure what's on my list today, so I'll just roll with it. Hope ya have a good Friday, all

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We got about a 1/2" of rain and it started with a light show at 3 am.  We (the wife) mowed the lawn last night whilst I weed whipped and weeded the garden so we are in good shape.  I am boiling spuds for the potato salad for Campalooza.  We plan on going down after my wife gets home from work.  Well I had my old pontoon boat for sale and actually traded it for a 6 x 10 Lil Munchkin fish house.  It is one of those aluminum kind you pull behind a sled or ATV.  Cool as heck.  Not sure if I will keep it or sell it.   

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yer upside down, Barry.  :rotflmao: Cool little shack! 
Morning fellers. Ready for the big roast this weekend...aka the wedder. Mid 90's with ultra-hume dewpoints. And I was gonna smoke a rack o ribs....we'll see what happens. Off to My Mom's about noon, today is her 90th birthday.
Had a lady at a local bakery make her a special cake, she did a great job. Did the colors and everything the way I wanted. None of those cardboard grocery store ones. Well, a run to the ceme to water the plants, grab some stuff to make 'cukes in sauce, then I'm outta here. Have a great weekend at the Campapalooza, guys.  :happy1:

« Last Edit: June 06/15/18, 07:19:14 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, sounds like a good day for ya Reb!!!  a warm day here today too..  got some mowing to do and that's about it for fighting the heat!!  have a good day!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And these.

« Last Edit: June 06/15/18, 07:26:16 AM by LPS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry forgot to edit them so they are not upside down.  Can you flip them Rebs?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Works ok when I stand on my head. :party1: It's correct when ya click on 'em, Barry. I like that little feller!  :happy1:

« Last Edit: June 06/15/18, 07:33:48 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Is that 1 of 'em made in Cromwell, Mn? Alumalite, I think it is :scratch:, ones I've looked at looked very well made to me. :cool:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
where's the spear hole??? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: looks good.

good morning its friday. had a bit of rain last nite. not much happening today. i gotta gaurd the fort today as everyone else is going to a wake and funeral of one of our field members. guy was 42 years old, wife and 2 kids ages 14 and 11. he was down in the cities at a soccer tourney had some kind of siezure and never came out of it. was a real good guy, was on our executive committee and an apprenticeship instructor. he lived in branierd!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes that is where they are made.  The spear hole is there in a trap door Glenn.  Actually 2 of them or 4 holes for fishing.  Either way. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yer upside down, Barry.  :rotflmao: Cool little shack! 
Morning fellers. Ready for the big roast this weekend...aka the wedder. Mid 90's with ultra-hume dewpoints. And I was gonna smoke a rack o ribs....we'll see what happens. Off to My Mom's about noon, today is her 90th birthday.
Had a lady at a local bakery make her a special cake, she did a great job. Did the colors and everything the way I wanted. None of those cardboard grocery store ones. Well, a run to the ceme to water the plants, grab some stuff to make 'cukes in sauce, then I'm outta here. Have a great weekend at the Campapalooza, guys.  :happy1:
happy b-day to your mom reb!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes that is where they are made.  The spear hole is there in a trap door Glenn.  Actually 2 of them or 4 holes for fishing.  Either way.
:happy1: :happy1: looks like a nice little setup!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like you got a good deal there Barry. Have fun at Cookie's this weekend boys. Happy B-day to your Mom Rebs!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, had 66* & 92% humidity early(~4) when I went for my boat ride. The skeeters were bitin though. Goy company coming this morning as I expected my sister & BIL to roll down the drive about any time.Got a couple little projects in mind but see how it goes after they get here. The weather looks & feels a bit iffy so far today too. Hope ya have a good Saturday! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, humid is the word again today!!!  supposed to rain and storm over night, nothing.  at least I got the yards mowed yesterday, and I did some ribs on the smoker too..  they turned out real good, did the 3-2-1 method and it went well.  have a great day all!!! 

you all at Cookies, have fun!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning from tropical Swampville, fellow dudes. 74* already with a 70* dewpoint. Headed for 96* with that 104-110** heat index. Set an old adjustable spray lawn sprinkler in front of AC unit yday, just barely turn water on. The fine spray from it hits and really helps those coils disperse the heat. Measuring the temp drop inside off coil proves it. Been doing that for years when it gets super hot, now I see they sell things that do the same thing .  :rolleyes:
Hope you guys at the great get-togedder have a great time, stay cool and dry, and keep Boar away from the Fireball until at least 1:00 PM.  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: June 06/16/18, 07:44:14 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon people's,  that's a great idea reb!! Finally quit raining here now, the sun is out and the sackometer is climbing.. The wife and I shopped til i dropped anyhow this morning now its lay low time. Steaks n shrimp tonight , is it beer thirty yet?? See ya!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm....shopping with the wife....steak and shrimp....yer planning on getting chased around da kitchen, aren'tcha?  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, got another 1.7 inches of rain last night, more today they say.. from nothing to more than enough..  not much else going on, have a good day!!!