Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902881 times)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! Hazy from the fires in Canada here too. Just wait till they legalize pot in October and all THAT smoke blows down here!  :cheesy: Going to take a while for the dew to come off. Raked the hay last nite just as it was coming on so as not to lose so many leaves. A lot of orchardgrass anyway so should be nice stuff once it gets dry. Say, if anybody isn't doing anything later this afternoon... :evil:
If I didn't have to go to work I'd surely be there Dotch.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I certainly could at least drive around the beverage cart.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: August 08/11/18, 06:38:37 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:coffee:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Not much going on here today. Finished the hay yesterday. I wanted to get it done cause I heard the forecast, and it's supposed to be tropical today. Foggy here, and you can smell the smoke this morning.

Welp, back to the coffee.....

Have a great day!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, a good day yesterday, met some friends from Mankato and we went to lunch in Sauk Center...  then went riding for awhile..  and it was hot even on the bike!!  then it was time for a cold beer!!  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 68* & 98% humidity when I came in :fishing:. Another nice peaceful boat ride again this morning. They're talkin 85-90* again today here. Not much planned but probably some time in the lake is in the works again today. Have a good day
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, sippin some java lake side gettin for some French toast n bacon. Probably throw the dummy off the dock for the dogs n give em bath before we head back to town. See ya on the flip side!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  We DVR'd the Vikes game so are watching it now.  Man Cousins looked smooth as silk in his drive.  Gonna be a hot one here again too.  I woke up the last 2 mornings with a little sore throat and stuffed up head from the smoke I'm thinking.  So Canada is ahead of us on the legalize pot program.  LOL  I suppose the river will be busy as all get out when that happens.

We went to I Falls shopping yesterday.  Swung into Kmart.  That place never ceases to amaze me.  So this guy that was in his upper 40's is right ahead of me in line.  He was buying a box of condoms.  LOL  I kept looking at him and he couldn't wipe the smile off his face.  I wanted to say something funny so bad but kept my mouth shut and kept smiling.  The clerk didn't put them in a bag right away so the guy picks them up right away and puts them in a bag himself.  LOL
« Last Edit: August 08/12/18, 09:09:40 AM by LPS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Reminds me of that old joke....Cashier: "Those will be $4.99 plus tax".....Guy buying condoms: "tacks?! Don't they stay on by themselves?!"    :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Were you able to get your hay made Dotch? I don't think I've ever seen a year with more heavy dew. Takes until late afternoon to dry out it seems.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Couldn't get it all made roony. 3 acres of it was still too wet after today so I raked it again tonite just before the dew came on. What we baled today looked nice but even that was a little chewy yet in spots. I've never had such a miserable time trying to get 5 measly acres of hay dry enough to bale. :mad1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Hey, anyone else have this. Last few days out and about in the yard my shoes were rust or orange color. Last nite our sheltie, who's got white paws we're all that orange color. So we're my wife's shoes.

By chance that wouldn't be the smoke from the forest fires settling in the grass???
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
More than likely from a rust (fungus) on the grass. We've had it here too. The heavy dews have provided excellent conditions for its development.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Dotch, your all right!! :happy1: I don't care what Reb says about you! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
We had our 40th class reunion Saturday night. The guys that used to give me some static for a receding hairline in school are the bald guys now. I now have more hair than them. Had a great time golfing earlier and at the Elks that night. Have a great week everyone.
mm

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Dotch, your all right!! :happy1: I don't care what Reb says about you! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Orange feet?! Were you and the missus "role playing" again?  "Me chief big arrow, you come here with that feather!"  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08/13/18, 07:11:50 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, another warm one today, but with some wind at least..   going up Brainerd today..   should be a nice run on the bike..  need to think about some lawn mowing but I will wait til tomorrow when it cools off some..    the smoked corn on the cob sure was good!!  have a good day all!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, had 70* & a pretty good SE(~10 mph) breeze goin. Just about right for driftin :fishing:, had a little action :fish2: but all I had to show for it was a couple bite offs. :sad: Don't think it got as warm as they said it was going to yday, ~85*. The same again today, then barely 70* tomorrow. Nothing big planned for today either, just see what the day brings. Hope ya have a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' all. 68*, calm and hazy here, with 98% hume (of course) and still have air quality alerts out. Funny, no smoke smell all weekend, though...headed for 88* again. Haveta meet with doctors for an assessment at Mom's care facility later, other than that, and a trip to the bank, not much going on. Have a good week, guys.
« Last Edit: August 08/13/18, 09:04:23 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Another fine Monday hanging out at leech lake. The ac has been getting a work out on the camper. Hot and muggy it has been. Supposed to cool off tommorow. Probably be raining when we pack up. That will make it fun. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Another 88 day here today.  Gonna cool off soon and man do we need rain.  I have felt a little like flu symptoms when I wake up in the night when we have the windows open.  Some sore throat but it goes away after I am up for an hour or so.  I think it is the darn smoke in the air.  Turning the AC on earlier today.  See if that helps or hurts.  Hey Glenn, what does that orange stuff taste like?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  AND how well do you get along with your neighbors?  Do you see them peeking through their shades when you are outdoors?   :rotflmao:  You may want to ask them what they sprinkled on your yard.....   :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe his steel-toed boots are rusting out. Oh oh! Better get Maaco!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Another 88 day here today.  Gonna cool off soon and man do we need rain.  I have felt a little like flu symptoms when I wake up in the night when we have the windows open.  Some sore throat but it goes away after I am up for an hour or so.  I think it is the darn smoke in the air.  Turning the AC on earlier today.  See if that helps or hurts.  Hey Glenn, what does that orange stuff taste like?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  AND how well do you get along with your neighbors?  Do you see them peeking through their shades when you are outdoors?   :rotflmao:  You may want to ask them what they sprinkled on your yard.....   :rotflmao:
i get along with most the neighbors.....one i'd like to have move next to Reb!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: and ALL the gals in the neighborhood peek out the windows when i be outside. :smoking: :smoking:

OK so i ask a legit question and i get beat up!!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :bs: :doah: :doah: :surrender: :surrender: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: well i got the lawn cut last nite, maybe that'll take care of it.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Poor l'il feller! Let today be known as "We love  rusty Glenn" day!    :kiss: :toast:   :woot:
« Last Edit: August 08/13/18, 10:18:17 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
85, feels like 89 here on the lake...   Sort of hazy, not sure if it is smoke or humidity.   Supposed to be a high of 67 tomorrow so that will be interesting.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Poor l'il feller! Let today be known as "We love  rusty Glenn" day!    :kiss: :toast:   :woot:
:tut: :tut: hey............... :confused: :confused: dont you gotta go out fer a burger wit da neighbor lady!!! :scratch: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:nerd:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 69 going for 75..  cooler weather, yea!!!  maybe mow the yard today..   no matter an easy day any way..  not much going on so have a good day all!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
*SNORK*    :coffee:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  Yup I have a cold.  I guess it is going around here.  Stuffed up and sore throat.  And I don't even have to worry about taking a sick day.  The wife said "there is nothing that is in a big hurry around here so just relax until you feel better".  How cool is that.  She is definitely a keeper.