Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4955692 times)

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Finally got power back on here, the neighbors maple dropped 3 otta 4 lines running from pole to pole, the low voltage line is still laying on da ground. Looking out the rain gauge is maxed out..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
That sucks! How much is "maxed out?" Glad ya made it safe back home! Did Remi speak to ya?  ;)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't think so. Never had that warm 85* predicted front move in, and the cool front is about here. Cool front meets cool = not much. That's my predic.
I did predict gas was gonna rocket, and it just did.....$2.87 over here from $2.74 Glad I filled up Friday. Jerks.  :moon:
Bought gas at costco yesterday 2.65 and then a 4% kickback and a 25cents per gallon coupon.   Nets out to 2.30.   A couple weeks ago it was 2.61 not counting the kickback and coupon.   

Looked at the radar and there is a big stripe of yellow heading our way.   Dotch will get it pretty soon.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Tornados on ground......severe winds also...to hit rochester at 7:20 PM, moving st 60 MPH, head for cover they just said. Clocked winds at 70+ MPH right now. Considerable damage in Cannon Falls already...Adios, guys! See ya in the sky!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 09/20/18, 07:00:22 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hope all is good for you boys down that way!!!!!  STAY SAFE!!!!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Owatonna just got hit...reports of many, many trees down, no power in city...headed right for us. SH**.   Take cover, Del!     :doah:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Heck of a wind blew through my place sw of Waseca, mostly leaves and branches down here as far as I can see.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
take care fella's!!!   

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That sucks! How much is "maxed out?" Glad ya made it safe back home! Did Remi speak to ya?  ;)
  Thanks,  ya he did in tongue.. and he won't stop!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Incredible lightning and thunder right now, friggin' monsoon outside, streets are all backed up here and flooding. This town is in tatters....like Mick Jagger said.

Got a pic of the shelf cloud right before it hit...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/20/18, 07:55:38 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Tornados on ground......severe winds also...to hit rochester at 7:20 PM, moving st 60 MPH, head for cover they just said. Clocked winds at 70+ MPH right now. Considerable damage in Cannon Falls already...Adios, guys! See ya in the sky!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neener Neener missed me.........

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I did get the flashlights and lanterns out.  I think it went just to the north of us.   NOt bad here at all.   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I am going Smurf hunting in the a.m. It has been raining constantly from Bemidji all the the way to the cabin!  ::mad1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. It has been raining here as well all night long and the wind has been howling off of the lake. Hope you guys down south are all doing alright. doesn't look like we are going to make it out of the 50s for the next 2 weeks, some 40s in there too. Think we may have to start up the wood boiler. This will be the earliest ever for us. My parents are coming up for the weekend, that  is about all we have planned. Have a good on boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yes I hope all you folks down in the SE area are good!!!  got a few a few things done yesterday and again just go with it today..  have a good day al!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Neener Neener missed me.........

It missed me too. Except for another 1" rain. That makes 2.5" yday. Lotsa twigs and leaves  all over. Picture window even has wet leaves stuck to it. Poor Cannon Falls and Owatonna hit hard.

'Morning dudes. 54* and windy as a cow. Winds roared all nite long here. Had the bedroom window half open, kept blowing the blinds all over. Ended up shutting it. How about you Delwood? Get those winds all nite?
Meeting with Mom's care team this am, then going on a grocery run. 39* for overnite, cold tomorrow. May haveta whip up another batch of some kinda soup.....other than that, no plans. Stay warm, guys.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: September 09/21/18, 08:26:01 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Still blowing here.   Other than that, nothing.  after while I have some woodpecker holes to patch in the siding, and some lights to put up on the outside of the house.    Probably too wet to mow the grass.   Refilled the two hummer feeders early.   They been hitting those harder than dotch on gin...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Delwood...Fareway has NY strip steaks, 8 oz, for $5.99, and my favorite bacon, all varieties, $2.99 lb/pkg. Plus Folgers cawfee $5.99.....know where I'm going in a bit to load up.  :azn: Hit the Fareway grocery stores, guys!
« Last Edit: September 09/21/18, 08:02:13 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
   They been hitting those harder than dotch on gin...
OUCH  that hard huh!!!!!!!!!!! :drinking: :drinking: :tequila; :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what she said to me....  :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what she said to me....  :sleazy:
what??????? that block on your shoulders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Neener Neener??????????? That's sure showing concern for those who had damage!  :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya! Way to go, Derwood!   :angry:   :rotflmao:  I'm sure he'll head over to Owatonna today to help out....
« Last Edit: September 09/21/18, 08:28:20 AM by Rebel SS »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
First time I wished there was a double smite button.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 45* when I 1st looked, wind's been howlin most of the night here too. The rain started a bit earlier than they said yday(~12) then it slacked off mid afternoon but from 4:30 until about 7:00 it came down pretty good. We ended up with 1.1" in our gauge & we're still gettin some. No whitecaps out in the bay yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some later on.  Got some laundry goin now as it doesn't look like a day for any outside projects. Hope ya have a good day, stay warm, dry, & safe.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 45* when I 1st looked, wind's been howlin most of the night here too. The rain started a bit earlier than they said yday(~12) then it slacked off mid afternoon but from 4:30 until about 7:00 it came down pretty good. We ended up with 1.1" in our gauge & we're still gettin some. No whitecaps out in the bay yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some later on.  Got some laundry goin now as it doesn't look like a day for any outside projects. Hope ya have a good day, stay warm, dry, & safe.
what?????? :doofus: :scratch: :doah: you iwegians cant take 45 degree weather!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :evil: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn sent me an E-mail that said all the corn-fed Iowegian girls keep 'em warm... :shocked:

:popcorn:
« Last Edit: September 09/21/18, 08:41:22 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
First time I wished there was a double smite button.

did you get hit roomy???  if so hope yer doing OK....

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Delwood...Fareway has NY strip steaks, 8 oz, for $5.99, and my favorite bacon, all varieties, $2.99 lb/pkg. Plus Folgers cawfee $5.99.....know where I'm going in a bit to load up.  :azn: Hit the Fareway grocery stores, guys!

12 bucks a pound for ny strips?   That's sly vee type stuff.   Sell it by the piece so some folks don't notice they are paying extra.    :tut: